logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<22232425>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Coops  
#576 Posted : 04 February 2013 04:19:21(UTC)
Coops

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Recoil, I'll Stay With You and Californian Grass are the stand-outs for me. The others are great New Order songs. The whole things a great way to close that chapter of the band as a) the future looks positive and b) nobody died this time.
thanks 1 user thanked Coops for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/02/2013(UTC)
Pyrtwist  
#577 Posted : 04 February 2013 17:36:09(UTC)
Pyrtwist

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 413 post(s)
Right now the last minute and a half of I've Got a Feeling is all encompassing sublime! I really hope I can see them play this live so I can stand with a beer in one hand and my free fist raised and shot the words that Bernard is singing.."you cannot hurt me, you cannot hold me, why can't you see that you do not own me..."

Edited by user 04 February 2013 17:39:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Pyrtwist for this useful post.
Andy on 04/02/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 05/02/2013(UTC)
Andy  
#578 Posted : 04 February 2013 17:44:42(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
Pyrtwist wrote:
Right now the last minute and a half of I've Got a Feeling is all encompassing sublime! I really hope I can see them play this live so I can stand with a beer in one hand and my free fist raised and shot the words that Bernard is singing.."you cannot hurt me, you cannot hold me, why can't you see that you do not own me..."

I suspect I'll Stay With You has the best chance of appearing on a setlist, however slim. Shake It Up could be fun live, as long as Stephen gets a little breakdown/solo à la Hurt and Sub-Culture in the days of yore.

Edited by user 04 February 2013 19:49:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/02/2013(UTC)
No Barcode  
#579 Posted : 04 February 2013 18:22:55(UTC)
No Barcode

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 159 post(s)
Andy wrote:
Pyrtwist wrote:

I suspect I'll Stay With You has the best chance of appearing on a setlist, however slim. Shake It Up could be fun live, as long as Stephen gets a little breakdown/solo ala Hurt and Sub-Culture in the days of yore.

Given that Lost Sirens have been received mostly positively by fans and music press, I'm sure they will play a track off the album.
thanks 1 user thanked No Barcode for this useful post.
El Jarvo  
#580 Posted : 05 February 2013 00:42:17(UTC)
El Jarvo

Was thanked: 443 time(s) in 313 post(s)
No Barcode wrote:
Given that Lost Sirens have been received mostly positively by fans and music press, I'm sure they will play a track off the album.

Given that Technique was received mostly positively by fans and music press, I'm sure they will play a track off the album.

Oh, hold on.. . Oh well

Edited by user 05 February 2013 00:42:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked El Jarvo for this useful post.
World Domination: Complete  
#581 Posted : 05 February 2013 00:53:31(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)
El Jarvo wrote:
No Barcode wrote:

Given that Technique was received mostly positively by fans and music press, I'm sure they will play a track off the album.

Oh, hold on.. . Oh well

Can't wait for The Light to play these songs live Hi
Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 1 user thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
0_o  
#582 Posted : 05 February 2013 18:51:15(UTC)
0_o

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 80 post(s)
No Barcode wrote:
Andy wrote:
Pyrtwist wrote:

I suspect I'll Stay With You has the best chance of appearing on a setlist, however slim. Shake It Up could be fun live, as long as Stephen gets a little breakdown/solo ala Hurt and Sub-Culture in the days of yore.

Sure? Why haven't they bothered yet? They can't be arsed to learn a couple of them?

They play what Bernard wants to play. He probably doesn't want to learn any more songs, people should be happy they have played a few extra songs.
thanks 1 user thanked 0_o for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/02/2013(UTC)
Linus Solanki  
#583 Posted : 06 February 2013 04:54:53(UTC)
Linus Solanki

Was thanked: 1014 time(s) in 643 post(s)
I would love to hear HELLBENT and some other songs from lost sirens live, if they play them

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 06 February 2013 04:58:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. Nina Cassian
thanks 2 users thanked Linus Solanki for this useful post.
Pyrtwist on 06/02/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 16/02/2013(UTC)
Eimi  
#584 Posted : 06 February 2013 05:38:49(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Linus Solanki wrote:
I would love to hear HELLBENT and some other songs from lost sirens live, if they play them

UserPostedImage

That's a great pic.
thanks 2 users thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Linus Solanki on 07/02/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 16/02/2013(UTC)
UpDownTurnAround  
#585 Posted : 14 February 2013 23:19:58(UTC)
UpDownTurnAround

Man

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 132 post(s)
Recoil is beautiful.

http://www.rdio.com/arti...Order/album/Lost_Sirens/

I agree with most of the critic's review; a lot of waiting for could have been shelved and replaced with lost sirens, that would have created an amazing new order album and a brace of bsides for supplementing the singles released, similar to what happened with the Get Ready group of singles. This collection of left overs is high quality, with only I've Got a Feeling letting the side down (which is ironic as it shares it's name with Monaco's best single). Sugarcane sounds like its squarely aimed at a certain person who isn't currently in the group, but that's probably coincidental context, given that it was written so long ago. Recoil is the slow burner and rather excellent once it's worked it's way into your head, much like Californian Grass. Hellbent has echoes of Brutal, whereas Shake It Up and I'll Stay With You are the obvious singles... Although I doubt there will be any singles from this collection given the amount of time it took just for band members ex and current to agree on it's release format... I Told You So is not a Lost Siren, it's a remix of an old siren that was previously released on 12 inch. Bernard must really adore this mix, as that's the only shred of logic explaining it's presence.

Overall, a very good album. Now it's time to look forward to New New Order's next phase, without Peter.
thanks 1 user thanked UpDownTurnAround for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 16/02/2013(UTC)
Eimi  
#586 Posted : 15 February 2013 00:53:59(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

UpDownTurnAround wrote:
Recoil is beautiful.

I agree with most of the critic's review; a lot of waiting for could have been shelved and replaced with lost sirens, that would have created an amazing new order album and a brace of bsides for supplementing the singles released, similar to what happened with the Get Ready group of singles. This collection of left overs is high quality, with only I've Got a Feeling letting the side down (which is ironic as it shares it's name with Monaco's best single). Sugarcane sounds like its squarely aimed at a certain person who isn't currently in the group, but that's probably coincidental context, given that it was written so long ago. Recoil is the slow burner and rather excellent once it's worked it's way into your head, much like Californian Grass. Hellbent has echoes of Brutal, whereas Shake It Up and I'll Stay With You are the obvious singles... Although I doubt there will be any singles from this collection given the amount of time it took just for band members ex and current to agree on it's release format... I Told You So is not a Lost Siren, it's a remix of an old siren that was previously released on 12 inch. Bernard must really adore this mix, as that's the only shred of logic explaining it's presence.

Overall, a very good album. Now it's time to look forward to New New Order's next phase, without Peter.

It's not exactly leftovers, I think.

Edited by user 15 February 2013 01:21:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
patrick  
#587 Posted : 15 February 2013 03:33:28(UTC)
patrick

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
leather-girl wrote:
UpDownTurnAround wrote:
Recoil is beautiful.

Frankly, on the whole I like this new group of songs (not counting track 8) much better than what was on the 2005 album, even though Turn remains one of my all-time favorites.
thanks 1 user thanked patrick for this useful post.
is it bro  
#588 Posted : 15 February 2013 05:23:20(UTC)
is it bro

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 229 post(s)
patrick wrote:
leather-girl wrote:
UpDownTurnAround wrote:
Recoil is beautiful.

Frankly, on the whole I like this new group of songs (not counting track 8) much better than what was on the 2005 album, even though Turn remains one of my all-time favorites.

I totally agree. After a month I still play this album at least once a day. If I never listened to WFTSC again I wouldnt be upset.

If this had been released instead of WFTSC but with Turn, HNWYD and maybe WHos Joe/or remix of GIAUE then this would have been an outstanding album.

I didnt like this version of I Told You So to start with but I love it now. its more grungy and builds nicely.

Recoil is still my favourite though, followed by Shake It Up and Sugarcane.
thanks 1 user thanked is it bro for this useful post.
JG  
#589 Posted : 15 February 2013 05:45:11(UTC)
JG

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 289 post(s)
0_o wrote:
No Barcode wrote:
Andy wrote:
Pyrtwist wrote:

Sure? Why haven't they bothered yet? They can't be arsed to learn a couple of them?

They play what Bernard wants to play. He probably doesn't want to learn any more songs, people should be happy they have played a few extra songs.

They haven't played any gigs since the album was released, that's why they haven't played any of Lost Sirens live yet. New Order haven't had unreleased tracks in their live set since c.1987. So what are you on about?
thanks 2 users thanked JG for this useful post.
Eimi on 15/02/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 16/02/2013(UTC)
Eimi  
#590 Posted : 15 February 2013 05:51:23(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

JG wrote:

They haven't played any gigs since the album was released, that's why they haven't played any of Lost Sirens live yet. New Order haven't had unreleased tracks in their live set since c.1987. So what are you on about?

Agreed. Looking at setlists it's quite easy to see that for as long as I've been alive they haven't really played unreleased tracks...
thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#591 Posted : 15 February 2013 06:11:10(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
NO are touring a new album but it isn't NO (for some) and they're not playing any of the new album, which isn't new and isn't an album. Neat.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Bill  
#592 Posted : 16 February 2013 03:33:23(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
Has anyone found the volume on the vinyl pressing to be a bit quiet? I have to turn the volume up a fair bit when i listen to it. Tried other vinyl and not experiencing same problem. Recently got a new stylus but no change in volume problem with Lost Sirens.

For example any other vinyl i play i have the volume indicator half way up for excellent sound but with LS i have to put it nearly all the way up.

Edited by user 16 February 2013 03:35:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
JG  
#593 Posted : 16 February 2013 16:19:08(UTC)
JG

Michael Monkhouse wrote:
NO are touring a new album but it isn't NO (for some) and they're not playing any of the new album...

Here we go, MMs got the full low down on what NO are going to be playing this tour. Please......spill
thanks 1 user thanked JG for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/02/2013(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#594 Posted : 17 February 2013 03:00:09(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

JG wrote:
Michael Monkhouse wrote:
NO are touring a new album but it isn't NO (for some) and they're not playing any of the new album...

Here we go, MMs got the full low down on what NO are going to be playing this tour. Please......spill

I was merely musing on the many moods of New Order, how the 'new album' is old and not an album and they've never played any of it live... I'm as much in the dark as anyone else, but I'd be surprised if we get a lot of surprises. We'll see.
I would like someone to post 'This morning I had a pooh' and see if Rocket Mick says thank you.

Edited by user 17 February 2013 03:01:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JG  
#595 Posted : 17 February 2013 04:45:55(UTC)
JG

Michael Monkhouse wrote:
JG wrote:
Michael Monkhouse wrote:

I was merely musing on the many moods of New Order, how the 'new album' is old and not an album and they've never played any of it live... I'm as much in the dark as anyone else, but I'd be surprised if we get a lot of surprises. We'll see.
I would like someone to post 'This morning I had a pooh' and see if Rocket Mick says thank you.

I know you're in the dark. That much is as clear as day. But I still don't see your point.

We all know it's an old new album, so what?. New Order don't play unreleased tracks live and haven't for decades, so can't see what conclusion you're drawing from that either? Their sets have gently evolved over time, so I'd be more surprised if there aren't any changes in Lima than if there are.
thanks 1 user thanked JG for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#596 Posted : 20 February 2013 02:44:19(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

I wasn't making any point at all really. I just like explaining to people here in Italy that...
My once-fave group New Order are back but some people think it isn't New Order. The 'missing' member is slagging them off but touring the albums they made together.
They're going on tour but Bernard hates touring and Steve once said he didn't like the idea of a tour, more a seres of gigs (which I think is a tour).
There's a new album in the shops and it's neither new nor an album.
I wasn't saying anything cos I don't know any more than anyone else, just... What a band!
We all feel better in the dark. Especially as teenagers. And I've already split three times today, thank you.

Edited by user 20 February 2013 03:02:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ROCKET MICK on 20/02/2013(UTC)
Ger  
#597 Posted : 20 February 2013 13:36:12(UTC)
Ger

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Right, can everyone please stop praising Recoil. If the band are reading these forums they might think that's the direction to go for the new album !
thanks 2 users thanked Ger for this useful post.
Nick King on 21/02/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 21/02/2013(UTC)
Andy  
#598 Posted : 20 February 2013 19:47:50(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
Ger wrote:
Right, can everyone please stop praising Recoil. If the band are reading these forums they might think that's the direction to go for the new album !

Who's to say they're doing an album? They may be doing a single or EP's worth of tracks to test the waters.

...and "Recoil", "Shake it Up" and "I've Got a Feeling" are my favourites off Lost Sirens.
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 21/02/2013(UTC)
NotAMod  
#599 Posted : 22 February 2013 15:45:14(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 655 post(s)
When I first heard Recoil I wasn't too fond of it... but after letting it grow a bit I definitely think it's one of Bernard's finest vocals.

Superb.
thanks 1 user thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 23/02/2013(UTC)
Bill  
#600 Posted : 23 February 2013 00:13:30(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
Recoil is good, indeed.

It's the adoration of Sugarcane by some i can't understand, i think it's awful.
thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 23/02/2013(UTC)