logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<678910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steinomite  
#176 Posted : 13 November 2023 11:27:23(UTC)
steinomite

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 50poundnote Go to Quoted Post
I ordered directly from NO's webstore because I wanted the t-shirt and poster, too. My order has not yet shipped - they rarely get the packages to the customer on release date, but their packaging is good.

My experiences with the US instance of the New Order store have been nothing but disastrous. They ship the Definitive Edition box sets in simply the box issued by the distributor, which isn't intended for shipment on its own. All 12" sized vinyl has arrived with bent corners. And the times that I purposely ordered shirts with vinyl to hopefully add some padding to the vinyl, much to my dismay, they ended up shipping the vinyl and shirts separately. Then working with Warners/Rhino customer services is abysmal. They take forever to respond, won't allow replacements, just returns. Then when they re-ship something, it's in the EXACT SAME packaging as before.

And while I loathe Amazon, the Definitive Edition box sets that they have shipped me have all been double-packed (i.e., the distributor's box inside yet another box). So they have all arrived safely and were significantly cheaper.

The UK/Euro New Order Store is somewhat better, but everything ships from the island of Jersey and takes forever to make it to the States. Also, my mirrored sleeve edition of "The Perfect Kiss" arrived soaking wet. They ultimately replaced it, but not without a fight, plus having to wait another few months for the replacement to arrive.

So, unless it's an exclusive item, I have pretty much given up on the New Order Store.

-Mike
thanks 4 users thanked steinomite for this useful post.
contrique on 13/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 14/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 14/11/2023(UTC), Leo Order on 15/11/2023(UTC)
50poundnote  
#177 Posted : 14 November 2023 07:03:11(UTC)
50poundnote

Was thanked: 935 time(s) in 517 post(s)
Got an email that my bundle has shipped, minus the poster, which is on backorder. Hopefully have it by the weekend!
thanks 2 users thanked 50poundnote for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 14/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 14/11/2023(UTC)
negative1  
#178 Posted : 14 November 2023 07:54:33(UTC)
negative1

Was thanked: 1660 time(s) in 1152 post(s)
Originally Posted by: steinomite Go to Quoted Post
I ordered directly from NO's webstore because I wanted the t-shirt and poster, too. My order has not yet shipped - they rarely get the packages to the customer on release date, but their packaging is good.

My experiences with the US instance of the New Order store have been nothing but disastrous. They ship the Definitive Edition box sets in simply the box issued by the distributor, which isn't intended for shipment on its own. All 12" sized vinyl has arrived with bent corners. And the times that I purposely ordered shirts with vinyl to hopefully add some padding to the vinyl, much to my dismay, they ended up shipping the vinyl and shirts separately. Then working with Warners/Rhino customer services is abysmal. They take forever to respond, won't allow replacements, just returns. Then when they re-ship something, it's in the EXACT SAME packaging as before.

And while I loathe Amazon, the Definitive Edition box sets that they have shipped me have all been double-packed (i.e., the distributor's box inside yet another box). So they have all arrived safely and were significantly cheaper.

The UK/Euro New Order Store is somewhat better, but everything ships from the island of Jersey and takes forever to make it to the States. Also, my mirrored sleeve edition of "The Perfect Kiss" arrived soaking wet. They ultimately replaced it, but not without a fight, plus having to wait another few months for the replacement to arrive.

So, unless it's an exclusive item, I have pretty much given up on the New Order Store.

-Mike

well, its unfortunate that you had those issues.

i've ordered several items, and never had any defects, problems or issues at all.

if they really are that bad, i hope i never have to go there.

but over several years, nothing happened to worry about.

Got an email that my bundle has shipped, minus the poster, which is on backorder. Hopefully have it by the weekend!

yeah, i'm expecting my shipping notice shortly.

i can wait for the poster, no big deal. because i still have to figure out where to put it.

later
||| || | | |
ne gative 1

thanks 2 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
negative1  
#179 Posted : 14 November 2023 08:12:07(UTC)
negative1

got my clear red and blue lp yesterday.

haven't listened yet, but given the reports, should sound great.
i've been listening to the digital tracks all weekend (and even right now), and the are decent too.

i've updated my record display now, so i can rotate a couple of records out on clear shelves,
and put them both there.

UserPostedImage

here are pictures and a closeup of the sleeve.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

will show the full package once it arrives.

later
|| | || | | |
ne gative 1

Edited by user 14 November 2023 08:14:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
Like No Other on 14/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 14/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 14/11/2023(UTC)
steinomite  
#180 Posted : 14 November 2023 08:28:34(UTC)
steinomite

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I personally don't see the point of the reproduction poster. I still have a mint copy of the original poster with the FACT number printed on it.

-Mike
thanks 3 users thanked steinomite for this useful post.
negative1 on 14/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 14/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 14/11/2023(UTC)
negative1  
#181 Posted : 14 November 2023 08:42:20(UTC)
negative1

I personally don't see the point of the reproduction poster. I still have a mint copy of the original poster with the FACT number printed on it.

-Mike

well, considering the small fortune posters go for sometimes,
i'm glad to have it.

it was bonus with the bundle, i'm sure they added to the price,
but it wouldn't have been that much for it.

later
| | || | | | |
ne gative 1

thanks 2 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
Mr Discography  
#182 Posted : 14 November 2023 13:53:38(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Was thanked: 626 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Finally sorted with my final copies of the red/blue vinyl (replacement to the scuffed one received today from Piccadilly Records), and the 4 CD from Amazon (their second attempt to ship had the same packaging, but didn't get squished all along the edges like last week's one - although there is a tiny crease on the top edge that I flattened out and can live with). Bit of a palaver, but glad to have both copies in good condition now, and look forward to giving the coloured vinly its first proper play later in the week.
thanks 3 users thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 14/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 14/11/2023(UTC), negative1 on 15/11/2023(UTC)
Pash  
#183 Posted : 15 November 2023 01:02:48(UTC)
Pash

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pash Go to Quoted Post

2. It might be my disc 3, or my ears, but it sounds to me like the hi-hat on Bizarre Dub Triangle loses some presence, and its position in the stereo image, between 6.27 and 6.30. Anyone else notice this?

Just checked on Apple Music and I can hear the same issue on there, so that confirms it isn't just my disc...
thanks 2 users thanked Pash for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 15/11/2023(UTC)
Fotz  
#184 Posted : 15 November 2023 01:33:13(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3620 time(s) in 2619 post(s)

2. It might be my disc 3, or my ears, but it sounds to me like the hi-hat on Bizarre Dub Triangle loses some presence, and its position in the stereo image, between 6.27 and 6.30. Anyone else notice this?

Just checked on Apple Music and I can hear the same issue on there, so that confirms it isn't just my disc...

Checked it out on headphones. Yes i think i know what you mean. Goes a bit wonky for a second or two.
thanks 3 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Pash on 15/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 15/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 15/11/2023(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#185 Posted : 15 November 2023 05:17:14(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Was thanked: 556 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Hi Johnny,

Will the standard, full-length version of Shellshock appear anywhere? I mean the version from the Pretty In Pink soundtrack (licensed to A&M) - not the single edit, or the extended mixes.

Thanks!

Somehow I had it in my head that the Pretty In Pink version was the same as the Substance edit - but just realised (thanks to your post here) that it's not

The songography post on here says

shellshock (pretty in pink) 6:40 v, cd, cs
shellshock (substance) 6:28 v, cd, cs

but that's not right either? The Pretty In Pink version is 6:04 so maybe a typo?

Or am I going mad?

thanks 1 user thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/11/2023(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#186 Posted : 15 November 2023 05:41:32(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post

Checked it out on headphones. Yes i think i know what you mean. Goes a bit wonky for a second or two.

I just had a listen too, and heard it. Don't think it's just the hi-hat - there's a slight dulling of the high frequencies across everything for a second or two. Wonder if it was damage to the mater tape? The only previous version released in CD I'm aware of was the Canadian CD single (released in 1994, I think). That doesn't have the same audio glitch.

A shame it's there. But doubt I'll ever notice it unless on decent headphones.
thanks 2 users thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/11/2023(UTC), Pash on 15/11/2023(UTC)
negative1  
#187 Posted : 15 November 2023 06:16:35(UTC)
negative1

Originally Posted by: GotBlueEyes Go to Quoted Post
Hi Johnny,

Will the standard, full-length version of Shellshock appear anywhere? I mean the version from the Pretty In Pink soundtrack (licensed to A&M) - not the single edit, or the extended mixes.

Thanks!

Somehow I had it in my head that the Pretty In Pink version was the same as the Substance edit - but just realised (thanks to your post here) that it's not

but that's not right either? The Pretty In Pink version is 6:04 so maybe a typo?

Or am I going mad?

yeah, probably a typo,
i'll double check it.

later
|| | | || | |
ne gative 1

thanks 1 user thanked negative1 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/11/2023(UTC)
Jcp7  
#188 Posted : 15 November 2023 07:39:27(UTC)
Jcp7

Man

Was thanked: 644 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GotBlueEyes Go to Quoted Post
Hi Johnny,

Thanks!

Or am I going mad?

Unfortunately, this version has never been remastered, the sound on my Pretty In Pink OST CD seems awful nowadays. I feel the same when hearing the Salvation OST CD.

thanks 2 users thanked Jcp7 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 15/11/2023(UTC)
perspexorange  
#189 Posted : 15 November 2023 08:57:55(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3454 time(s) in 2252 post(s)
Pretty In Pink version of Shellshock is definitely 6:05.

It's my favourite version, retaining the 'extended' bits and not cutting out the extra lyrics.
Also, unlike the 12" version, there's thankfully not as much repetition (how often does the chorus get repeated on the 12"?!).
thanks 3 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 15/11/2023(UTC), negative1 on 15/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#190 Posted : 15 November 2023 09:35:19(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
Pretty In Pink version of Shellshock is definitely 6:05.

It's my favourite version, retaining the 'extended' bits and not cutting out the extra lyrics.
Also, unlike the 12" version, there's thankfully not as much repetition (how often does the chorus get repeated on the 12"?!).

I think I counted 13 repeats of the final chorus on the 12" mix. Way too repetitious.

Substance edit is my favourite - the first version I ever heard, and prefer the cold ending to Pretty In Pink's fade out. Don't really miss the extra lyrics, but was a nice surprise when I bought the Pretty In Pink soundtrack, then went on to get the 12".
Mr. Disco on 15/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
Mr. Disco  
#191 Posted : 15 November 2023 11:08:23(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

Was thanked: 379 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Regarding the "patch" on Shellshock, on the original audio he clearly sings "The smell of cocaine gets me high" at 2min30s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQMz_AXCO8

No trace of drug mentions on the re-released audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Zl3F_2yaU

Edited by user 15 November 2023 11:10:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.
GotBlueEyes on 15/11/2023(UTC), Jul on 16/11/2023(UTC), Andy on 16/11/2023(UTC), Tracey on 18/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
Big Al  
#192 Posted : 15 November 2023 12:43:36(UTC)
Big Al

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Delighted to finally have a decent pressing of Substance. Both the black and the coloured vinyl have no surface noise, or endless pops and clicks like the original pressing did. Had numerous copies of that over the years, never found a clean quiet one. The remastering is pretty good. My ears are happy enough. My only niggle is, what eejit decided True Faith remix should be 33rpm?? Unforgivable! …….. or perhaps I just have the runt of the litter. It still sounds good but less detailed than the original. Really looking forward to the Brotherhood box. …….. hope I can hang in there long enough. 🤞

Also, any sign of Electronic’s Raise The Pressure getting a repress on vinyl? My original is great, and despite over 30 mins per side sounds fab. It’s gagging on a double vinyl reissue though. 🤞

xox
thanks 3 users thanked Big Al for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 15/11/2023(UTC), Like No Other on 16/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
Tracey  
#193 Posted : 15 November 2023 20:04:44(UTC)
Tracey

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)

-Mike

Unfortunately, I've had similar experiences with the US store. I placed an order for Unity Tour merch as soon as it went on sale, prior to the start of the tour. It was never delivered and showed to be on indefinite back order. In trying to come to a resolution, their customer service was very lacking. Ultimately I was able to get a refund after months of waiting. The UK/EURO store was able to fill my order (but at a significantly higher cost) almost immediately.

When the US store shipped my PC&L bundle, my mirror cover TPK 12" arrived bent on the corners. I didn't even try to get a replacement after my last experience with them.
thanks 2 users thanked Tracey for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 16/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
50poundnote  
#194 Posted : 16 November 2023 07:39:57(UTC)
50poundnote

I think the US store is doing much better about filling orders, because both the bundle, and the poster (separately) have shipped. Now let's see how fast I receive them!

Got my red/blue vinyl edition via Rough Trade yesterday and it's gorgeous.
thanks 4 users thanked 50poundnote for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 16/11/2023(UTC), negative1 on 16/11/2023(UTC), Mike C. on 16/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
NotAMod  
#195 Posted : 17 November 2023 03:46:13(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1043 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I hear this too. Not too noticeable but it's there.

The drop-out isn't present on the 1994 US BLT Maxi-Single version of the Dub.

Hopefully they'll fix it when they do the actual BLT 12" digital reissue.
thanks 2 users thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 19/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#196 Posted : 17 November 2023 17:01:15(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Something interesting about the 'Hurt' 'Substance' edit... The 'Substance' edit cuts out 4:01 to 5:10 from the original 12" version. After the point at which the edit occurs in the original 'Substance' edit, the vocals for two bars have a delay/echo effect on them. The equivalent point from 5:10 in the original version, and from 4:01 in the new 'Substance' edit doesn't have that echo. This suggests that the original 'Substance' edit was made from an alternate mixdown, and that the new 'Substance' edit is actually the more authentic version, being an edit of the original 12" version.
Mr. Disco on 19/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
50poundnote  
#197 Posted : 17 November 2023 17:37:48(UTC)
50poundnote

Got my bundle in the mail today. Everything is in pristine condition - no bent corners.

Love the slipcase for the 4-disc set, and the open-sided slipcase for the cassettes.

I am VERY happy to confirm that The Perfect Kiss on the cassette is complete!

Edited by user 17 November 2023 17:38:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked 50poundnote for this useful post.
negative1 on 18/11/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 19/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#198 Posted : 19 November 2023 10:54:44(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Was thanked: 556 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr Discography Go to Quoted Post
Something interesting about the 'Hurt' 'Substance' edit... The 'Substance' edit cuts out 4:01 to 5:10 from the original 12" version. After the point at which the edit occurs in the original 'Substance' edit, the vocals for two bars have a delay/echo effect on them. The equivalent point from 5:10 in the original version, and from 4:01 in the new 'Substance' edit doesn't have that echo. This suggests that the original 'Substance' edit was made from an alternate mixdown, and that the new 'Substance' edit is actually the more authentic version, being an edit of the original 12" version.

yeah, that's weird, listening to the original Substance edit and there are more differences in the reverb/delay treatment of vocals and drums at the 5:10 mark - where he sings "I'm quite determined" it has the same echo/delay as the lines after 4:01 and the drum break after that line also has immediate delay on it and "no more mistakes" has huge echo. On the 12"/New Substance edit the drum break doesn't get any effects until the 2nd snare beat and "no more mistakes" has no echo on it at all

I guess they compiled the edit in 1987 from the wrong master (similar to the mistake made with the IALP version?)

thanks 2 users thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 20/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
negative1  
#199 Posted : 19 November 2023 15:14:06(UTC)
negative1

i've gotten my substance package today.

despite people complaints about crushed and damage.

there was nothing wrong, no issues.

everything came perfectly fine, now granted, this was from the US store.

so maybe overseas, or UK, or amazon doesn't pack as well

mine has some packing material, but there was a tshirt in there too.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

i've already had everything in digital for a week or more now.

so no real use in opening any of these up. i did open up the colored vinyl though for display.

i'll get the poster later, and find a place for it.

later
|| || | || |
ne gative 1

thanks 3 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 20/11/2023(UTC), Andy on 20/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#200 Posted : 20 November 2023 09:27:30(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Spotted a difference on CD2. 'Murder' has the full 16 beats / 4 bars of drums before the guitars start - as heard on the 'Power, Corruption & Lies' Collector's Edition CD2 version. Whereas the original 'Substance' and 12" versions started on beat 2 of the second bar, having just 11 beats before the guitar kicks in. Funny thing here, is the 2020 digital remaster single re-release only had the 11 beats and stayed authentic to the original 12". Funny that thee 'Substance' CD2 remaster didn't also stick to that. Wonder if it was just an oversight, or if there was any reasoning behind it?
thanks 3 users thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 20/11/2023(UTC), Andy on 20/11/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/01/2024(UTC)