logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
perspexorange  
#26 Posted : 10 March 2020 12:35:14(UTC)
perspexorange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Yep. I've always thought it was "the light in the shade of the morning sun".
I've seen a fair few websites / FB posts recently state "delight' but I've tried to ignore them.

I've also seen a few references recently where people think the lyrics at the end of '1963' are 'I will always feel for you', when I know they're 'I will always feel free'.
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Debaser on 11/03/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/03/2020(UTC)
Debaser  
#27 Posted : 30 March 2020 04:42:01(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2982 time(s) in 2067 post(s)
Tim Burgess has started doing these on his own twitter. He did The Charlatans Tellin' Stories on Saturday night and he has Belle & Sebastian's The Boy With The Arab Strap lined up (with Stuart Murdoch agreeing to join in) and The Chems' Exit Planet Dust too, with Tom & Ed agreeing to partake (Burgess of course was a vocalist on that album).
Not strictly NO's social media but they did retweet this:

ps what's an Arab Strap?
thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/03/2020(UTC), Andy on 30/03/2020(UTC)
Andy  
#28 Posted : 30 March 2020 10:15:29(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post

ps what's an Arab Strap?

I don't know. But Belle & Sebastian were probably referencing another Scottish group named...

Arab Strap.

Are you joining in on the listening party tonight (today for me)? I know Tim Burgess is doing PC&L in April.

I'm AndyIsListening on Twitter.

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/03/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#29 Posted : 30 March 2020 23:07:38(UTC)
perspexorange

ps what's an Arab Strap?

Hey, if you guys don’t know, I’m not gonna explain.

Look it up. 😉
ROCKET MICK on 31/03/2020(UTC), Debaser on 06/04/2020(UTC)
Debaser  
#30 Posted : 06 April 2020 12:21:15(UTC)
Debaser

If you're not interested, then maybe now isn't the time to have a bash at him.
But if you want to ask him something (maybe NO related?), maybe now is the time to bash out your question(s) on twitter.

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/04/2020(UTC)
Debaser  
#31 Posted : 14 April 2020 08:52:29(UTC)
Debaser

Following on from the above, Mr Hook did another live Q&A on instagram today with Jack between 4 and 5pm UK time.

I can't remember much of what he said last week. I remember he mentioned he was reading Debbie Harry's book which he said this week he has nearly finished. He's gonna move on to Roger Daltry next.

This week he talked about Gorillaz.
Said he tends to do his guest bass parts in a local studio and send them back to the artist. He did the Liminanas tracks "by satellite".
He says that in addition to the two Liminanas tracks (which incidentally I posted in the Gorillaz thread recently) he's gonna do another one with them, this time with Iggy Pop on vocals.
Said he was gutted when the "other mob" did Californian Grass live with Iggy as he had always felt Iggy would be good for that song, and they beat him to it. So he's looking forward to this.
He said this time he went to Damon Albarn's studio in London to do his bit and he was really nervous. But he said he spent an hour with Damon, and he was smiling more when he came out than when he went in. He said they were just getting to the point where it was Peter Hook from start to finish when Damon threw him out, and he's happy that Damon got the right amount of PH on the track. Lots of praise for Damon's workaholic approach. Says he has known him since the days when he drank with Damon and Alex in London (Grouchos? EDIT: actually he says Soho House in this chat, but on p490 of his [paperback] book he says he drank with Alex James at Grouchos. Both venues are on Dean Street in London). He said Damon was happy to have a Manc in his corner back then as it was during the Blur v Oasis days.
This Gorallaz track was his first time recording with his new Yamaha bass.

Hook says he doesn't have a home studio any more and he wishes he did as he wants to record some ideas and send them to Pottsy for new Monaco stuff.

He mentioned ICB being a sticker that a shipping company put on his bass amp and he just thought it sounded cool, nothing to do with "Ian Curtis Buried".
Talked about no longer shipping his gear around the world as it's a waste of time and money.
Says when he plays live with the Light he never wants to leave anybody disappointed.
Fave gig venue: Irvine Meadows in California, although he remembers Terry Mason being held in cells (!) beneath the stage when things kicked off one time.
Confirmed that Moby had to show NO how to play New Dawn Fades when they played Area 51 back in 2001 because they hadn't played it in so long.

Asked if Revenge is coming back, he said he had a few plans for Revenge but nothing to do with the group (evil chuckle). He talked about having some problems wanting to be a complete songwriter with Revenge, but is proud of some of the songs. Says Monaco causes him enough problems now so he probably won't bring Revenge back.

Fave cities to play (pre The Light): Chicago - always a great reaction. But Paris never was (but is now with The Light).
Currently listening to lots of Glam Rock: early Roxy Music, early Eno, John Cale. Today he'll listen to Cockney Rebel's first album.
Also talked about Jack's bass cover yesterday of Motorhead's "Roadcrew". Talked about Lemmy being a good songwriter for other artists incl. Ozzy Osbourne.

Said Ceremony & IALP were not a "bridge" between JD and NO , they were simply JD songs that were recorded/released by NO. But he did describe Movement as a bridge between the two bands. Says DNE was the first song written as NO.

Asked about PCL v Lowlife he talked fondly of the Emulator recreating orchestral sounds on PCL. But he says by Low Life they were properly established as NO, and he feels the album represents NO's identity better.

Fave gig in Ireland? You guessed it "Kilkenny, recorded for Radio 1 in '81 or '82" ('83, I think he means).
Said Belfast was weird as the crowd would segregate into two groups. During the gig they'd forget about it and merge, and at the end go back to being two groups again. Says Barney said he would never play there again. NO were due to pay the Titanic festival more recently but it got cancelled , so Hook reckons Barney has been true to his word and never played Belfast again.

Recreating NO albums live, he uses Ken Evans in Australia for the electronic stuff as he's not allowed use original sounds/tapes from NO. Says it's expensive, and he may not do the NO albums live again as they lose money in rehearsals, so would only break even afterward which he "can't afford" (really?).

Oh that reminds me, last week he said his car was "Californian" so I guess that means it's a Tesla??

That's about all I can remember.

You can watch the whole thing for the next 23 hours on Jack's Instagram "stories". After that, it's gone forever.

EDIT: Oh just remembered from last week, Hook was asked about working with Jonathan Demme and Kathryn Bigelow.
He said both were great. Suggested Demme was a bit of a "dirty dog" as he kept turning up with a "new assistant" - always a young lady. He had only been in Manchester a few days...
And on TBTHOG which they also filmed in Manchester, he says a female friend phoned him to say she had lost her contact lens and was stuck at the local petrol station, unable to drive her car. So he had to nip out in full TBTHOG video outfit and drive her car home from the petrol station.

Edited by user 15 April 2020 04:20:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Col72 on 14/04/2020(UTC), Andy on 14/04/2020(UTC), perspexorange on 16/04/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 12/05/2020(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#32 Posted : 15 April 2020 07:58:33(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 308 post(s)
I heard he was asked about the PCL boxset, and he said it's all sorted and now back on track for release?
thanks 1 user thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/05/2020(UTC)
Debaser  
#33 Posted : 15 April 2020 08:07:58(UTC)
Debaser

Originally Posted by: GotBlueEyes Go to Quoted Post
I heard he was asked about the PCL boxset, and he said it's all sorted and now back on track for release?

Not in yesterday's Instagram chat.
I don't remember him saying that last week either.

Steve said in the twitter Listening Party on Sunday that everything is delayed due to the current situation.
ROCKET MICK on 20/04/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#34 Posted : 16 April 2020 01:21:25(UTC)
perspexorange

Following on from the above, Mr Hook did another live Q&A on instagram today with Jack between 4 and 5pm UK time.

I can't remember much of what he said last week. I remember he mentioned he was reading Debbie Harry's book which he said this week he has nearly finished. He's gonna move on to Roger Daltry next.

This week he talked about Gorillaz.
Said he tends to do his guest bass parts in a local studio and send them back to the artist. He did the Liminanas tracks "by satellite".
He says that in addition to the two Liminanas tracks (which incidentally I posted in the Gorillaz thread recently) he's gonna do another one with them, this time with Iggy Pop on vocals.
Said he was gutted when the "other mob" did Californian Grass live with Iggy as he had always felt Iggy would be good for that song, and they beat him to it. So he's looking forward to this.
He said this time he went to Damon Albarn's studio in London to do his bit and he was really nervous. But he said he spent an hour with Damon, and he was smiling more when he came out than when he went in. He said they were just getting to the point where it was Peter Hook from start to finish when Damon threw him out, and he's happy that Damon got the right amount of PH on the track. Lots of praise for Damon's workaholic approach. Says he has known him since the days when he drank with Damon and Alex in London (Grouchos? EDIT: actually he says Soho House in this chat, but on p490 of his [paperback] book he says he drank with Alex James at Grouchos. Both venues are on Dean Street in London). He said Damon was happy to have a Manc in his corner back then as it was during the Blur v Oasis days.
This Gorallaz track was his first time recording with his new Yamaha bass.

Hook says he doesn't have a home studio any more and he wishes he did as he wants to record some ideas and send them to Pottsy for new Monaco stuff.

He mentioned ICB being a sticker that a shipping company put on his bass amp and he just thought it sounded cool, nothing to do with "Ian Curtis Buried".
Talked about no longer shipping his gear around the world as it's a waste of time and money.
Says when he plays live with the Light he never wants to leave anybody disappointed.
Fave gig venue: Irvine Meadows in California, although he remembers Terry Mason being held in cells (!) beneath the stage when things kicked off one time.
Confirmed that Moby had to show NO how to play New Dawn Fades when they played Area 51 back in 2001 because they hadn't played it in so long.

Asked if Revenge is coming back, he said he had a few plans for Revenge but nothing to do with the group (evil chuckle). He talked about having some problems wanting to be a complete songwriter with Revenge, but is proud of some of the songs. Says Monaco causes him enough problems now so he probably won't bring Revenge back.

Fave cities to play (pre The Light): Chicago - always a great reaction. But Paris never was (but is now with The Light).
Currently listening to lots of Glam Rock: early Roxy Music, early Eno, John Cale. Today he'll listen to Cockney Rebel's first album.
Also talked about Jack's bass cover yesterday of Motorhead's "Roadcrew". Talked about Lemmy being a good songwriter for other artists incl. Ozzy Osbourne.

Said Ceremony & IALP were not a "bridge" between JD and NO , they were simply JD songs that were recorded/released by NO. But he did describe Movement as a bridge between the two bands. Says DNE was the first song written as NO.

Asked about PCL v Lowlife he talked fondly of the Emulator recreating orchestral sounds on PCL. But he says by Low Life they were properly established as NO, and he feels the album represents NO's identity better.

Fave gig in Ireland? You guessed it "Kilkenny, recorded for Radio 1 in '81 or '82" ('83, I think he means).
Said Belfast was weird as the crowd would segregate into two groups. During the gig they'd forget about it and merge, and at the end go back to being two groups again. Says Barney said he would never play there again. NO were due to pay the Titanic festival more recently but it got cancelled , so Hook reckons Barney has been true to his word and never played Belfast again.

Recreating NO albums live, he uses Ken Evans in Australia for the electronic stuff as he's not allowed use original sounds/tapes from NO. Says it's expensive, and he may not do the NO albums live again as they lose money in rehearsals, so would only break even afterward which he "can't afford" (really?).

Oh that reminds me, last week he said his car was "Californian" so I guess that means it's a Tesla??

That's about all I can remember.

You can watch the whole thing for the next 23 hours on Jack's Instagram "stories". After that, it's gone forever.

EDIT: Oh just remembered from last week, Hook was asked about working with Jonathan Demme and Kathryn Bigelow.
He said both were great. Suggested Demme was a bit of a "dirty dog" as he kept turning up with a "new assistant" - always a young lady. He had only been in Manchester a few days...
And on TBTHOG which they also filmed in Manchester, he says a female friend phoned him to say she had lost her contact lens and was stuck at the local petrol station, unable to drive her car. So he had to nip out in full TBTHOG video outfit and drive her car home from the petrol station.

Thanks for taking the time to type all of this up. Sounds like it was pretty great.
Do you know if this is still up online anywhere?
I went to Jack's Instagram page and couldn't see it. However, I will admit that Instagram kind of baffles me, so it might be that I'm missing it.

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 20/04/2020(UTC)
Debaser  
#35 Posted : 16 April 2020 03:51:42(UTC)
Debaser

^ As PerspexOrange knows, I have PM'd him.
Just remembered the reason Hook mentioned ICB is because he was asked if the guy standing n the doorway in the TPK video was meant to be Ian Curtis.
He said no, it was just a guy standing there. Jonathan Demme liked the look of him so didn't tell him to move.
So, Hook then went on to talk about the ICB rumuor as another common miscenception. Incidentally if you google ICB Shipping, you will get results!
ROCKET MICK on 08/05/2020(UTC)
Andy  
#36 Posted : 05 May 2020 10:25:01(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Having already done Music Complete, Track by Track are now going to do their Twitter Listening Party of Complete Music on Wednesday, May 13th. Tom and Phil are confirmed, and I imagine Stephen and Gillian will pipe in.

Tweet
thanks 2 users thanked Andy for this useful post.
Fotz on 05/05/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 08/05/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#37 Posted : 05 May 2020 10:43:12(UTC)
perspexorange

Just been on the weekly Hooky / Jack chat.

A few interesting nuggets of info:

1) Monaco reissues are happening. He has found a company to release them. I initially thought this might be LTM but, if it was, you'd assume that Hooky would've mentioned them, which he didn't. This project has been a little bit derailed due to Covid-19 (he's sorted out the DATs with the stuff on, but can't get to them anymore because of the lockdown). He mentioned that there were some tracks left of 'Monaco', so it seems that there may be some unheard songs. Nice.

2) There is a 22 (?) minute version of Elegia that he has found on an old cassette. He says that it's "not the final mix; it's somewhere in between". He plans on putting this on the 'Low Life' box set. I've put a ? next to '22 minutes', as the feed dropped out midway through his sentence. I could only hear '____-two minutes'. It may be 32 mins, but I think it was probably 22 minutes. So even longer than the 17 minute version previously released? Pretty damn good! :-)

3) He has a 'record coming out with Killing Joke'. Called 'Killing Division', apparently (although he may have been joking with the name). It's to celebrate 40 years of both bands. It appears that this is something from the archives, rather than something new (it apparently went missing until recently discovered by Geordie). It 's four tracks that were worked on with 'Jaz and Geordie' (so presumably not Big Paul or Youth). It figures that Youth wouldn't've been there (two bass players may be overkill), but if Ferguson wasn't there, this might signify that it was made around the time of either 'Outside The Gate' or 'Extremities...'. Again, this has been somewhat derailed by our old friend, Covid-19.

4) There isn't a 'studio version' of 'Too Late' in the archives. When asked about this, he mentioned that he is keen to record an EP with 'The Light' to include this track, 'Homage' and 'Turn The Heather On'. He pretty much decided, whilst chatting online, that it was something he was going to do when the lockdown ended.

5) He's recently unearthed a tape which contains a 'desk tape' of 'New Order's second ever gig (presumably the one at Scamp's on 05/09/80. Hope this gets a release in some form or another.

So, there we go.
It was a pretty good chat today. Probably the best out of the three I've heard.

thanks 3 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Fotz on 05/05/2020(UTC), Col72 on 05/05/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 08/05/2020(UTC)
Fotz  
#38 Posted : 05 May 2020 11:16:01(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3607 time(s) in 2612 post(s)
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
'Turn The Heather On'

Ooh i used to know a girl called HeatherSmile

But yeah,joking aside, thanks for the info.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#39 Posted : 05 May 2020 14:52:58(UTC)
perspexorange

My mum’s name is Heather.

What are you insinuating? 😉
ROCKET MICK on 08/05/2020(UTC), Fotz on 12/05/2020(UTC)
tapebias  
#40 Posted : 06 May 2020 03:14:29(UTC)
tapebias

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Just been on the weekly Hooky / Jack chat.

A few interesting nuggets of info:

3) He has a 'record coming out with Killing Joke'. Called 'Killing Division', apparently (although he may have been joking with the name). It's to celebrate 40 years of both bands. It appears that this is something from the archives, rather than something new (it apparently went missing until recently discovered by Geordie). It 's four tracks that were worked on with 'Jaz and Geordie' (so presumably not Big Paul or Youth). It figures that Youth wouldn't've been there (two bass players may be overkill), but if Ferguson wasn't there, this might signify that it was made around the time of either 'Outside The Gate' or 'Extremities...'. Again, this has been somewhat derailed by our old friend, Covid-19.

4) There isn't a 'studio version' of 'Too Late' in the archives. When asked about this, he mentioned that he is keen to record an EP with 'The Light' to include this track, 'Homage' and 'Turn The Heather On'. He pretty much decided, whilst chatting online, that it was something he was going to do when the lockdown ended.

Thanks for typing up.

3) The Killing Joke co-lab was mentioned in 2012 - there's a track on YouTube - it's ok, nothing special just Jaz & Geordie early 90s.

4) I'm not sure what the world needs when lockdown is over is The Light re-recording NO tracks that were not deemed good enough at the time. Let's put a stop to this now and save our planet from mediocre nostalgia!

This is a great chance to make NEW music reflecting the times and not constantly hark back to 30-40 years ago while stroking yer beard and looking rueful.

LET'S DO THE WARDANCE!

thanks 1 user thanked tapebias for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#41 Posted : 06 May 2020 04:57:26(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: tapebias Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for typing up.

No problem!

3) The Killing Joke co-lab was mentioned in 2012 - there's a track on YouTube - it's ok, nothing special just Jaz & Geordie early 90s.

You're presumably referring to one of the two tracks that were on the Freispeil LP? (Transient Place and Arabian Percussion) - https://www.discogs.com/...undtrack/release/1503721

I got the impression that these were four 'lost' tracks, only recently discovered by Geordie. It's possible that the tracks he's referring to are from the same sessions, but the Freispiel project was a group of different musicians, not just those from KJ/JD, as he mentioned.

But that sort of time period seems likely.

4) I'm not sure what the world needs when lockdown is over is The Light re-recording NO tracks that were not deemed good enough at the time. Let's put a stop to this now and save our planet from mediocre nostalgia!

This is a great chance to make NEW music reflecting the times and not constantly hark back to 30-40 years ago while stroking yer beard and looking rueful.

Well, much as I'd prefer new music, I'm still happy to get what I can.

In respect of 'Too Late', apparently Barney went off it, prior to recording it. I believe Hooky classes it as one of his favourites though. I love it too and think that that Peel Session is the best Peel I've ever heard by any band.

I'm trying to remember everything that was said at the 'chat', but I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he was planning on recording some new ideas. I may have misheard / remembered that though.
Jack is planning on getting Pottsy along to one of the chats, so that one might be fairly Monaco-centric, and will be a good chance to ask if the two are going to be writing new material. I'll keep people posted on what occurs.

LET'S DO THE WARDANCE!

Lets! Love that track. Love early KJ. Ridiculously good!
The Ruts  
#42 Posted : 10 May 2020 06:08:24(UTC)
The Ruts

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I suspect he's talking in between 'Extremities...' and 'Pandemonium' (91-94). Years ago, he mentioned in a Q&A that he did work on some stuff with Jaz and Geordie, but Geordie went to America and Jaz to New Zealand. That would tie in with the period.

As for the Belfast 86 story, that story about the crowd is wish fulfilment bollocks. Music fans did not give a fuck about politics, especially indie fand. He also, conveniently, left out this story from a mate who was there:

Quote:
Interviewed New Order for my fanzine in 1986 when they played the Snack Bar in Queens. Hooky had a real attitude but the other three were really nice. Mentioned this in the article. Sent the band over a copy of the zine and got a sarky postcard from Hooky back.
thanks 1 user thanked The Ruts for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/05/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#43 Posted : 12 May 2020 12:26:24(UTC)
perspexorange

I missed the Hooky / Jack live chat today, but have watched it back on repeat.

Although there wasn't as much 'New Order' chat as last week, with a lot of talk about 'The Light' gigs, it was still fun and very enjoyable.

There was talk again of the box sets. Hooky was very enthusiastic about them and seemed to be thrilled that fans are finally getting box sets that the band deserve. He mentioned that the 'PC&L' one is being finished off and that the 'Low Life' one is already in the planning stages, with him going through tapes at the moment. He said that he had recently discovered some early mixes of 'The Perfect Kiss and the others'.

He did mention that the box sets had been delayed due to 'fall outs' between him and the band, which have now (thankfully) been resolved.

As Jack pointed out, the lockdown has probably helped the sets somewhat, as his dad is spending more time going through unlabelled New Order cassettes.
Hooky mentioned that he had come across a unfinished New Order synth piece at the end of a John Cale live tape that he had forgotten about. If he hadn't listened to that, he'd have never known it was there. It made him wonder how many more hidden gems are out there, stuck on the end of tapes.

One great story he mentioned that I had never heard before was about the girl on the cover to the 'Revenge' LP, 'One True Passion' ('Joanna').
He said that, following the release of the LP, a doctor contacted the band stating that he needed to get in touch with her urgently. Hooky joked 'I bet you do!' or similar. Big Grin

Anyway, it transpired that he was some sort of Oncologist and had noticed something about her neck in the photo that suggested she had early stages of thyroid cancer. Apparently she was flown out to New York, tests were done, which revealed that this was the case, and urgent treatment occurred. This apparently saved the woman's life.

Pretty cool story. Although I've never heard the story myself, someone must have told it previously (probably Hooky), as one of the questions asked by fans was in respect of this story, which he then elaborated on.

Not sure if the photo was the one from the LP/CD or the Cassette, which had a slightly different cover. Maybe whatever the doctor saw is visible on both pictures. Here's the cover, anyway - https://www.discogs.com/...rue-Passion/master/55596

I will just say again that I'm absolutely loving these weekly chats. Although there's some repetition, due to the same questions being asked by different fans, they are lively, fun, friendly and informative. A welcome distraction.

Both Hooky and Jack seemed in especially fine form tonight, with the former thanking fans for joining him and saying how much he really enjoys the chats.

More next week, hopefully...

ROCKET MICK on 12/05/2020(UTC), Andy on 13/05/2020(UTC)
Fotz  
#44 Posted : 12 May 2020 14:23:48(UTC)
Fotz

One great story he mentioned that I had never heard before was about the girl on the cover to the 'Revenge' LP, 'One True Passion' ('Joanna').
He said that, following the release of the LP, a doctor contacted the band stating that he needed to get in touch with her urgently. Hooky joked 'I bet you do!' or similar. Big Grin

Anyway, it transpired that he was some sort of Oncologist and had noticed something about her neck in the photo that suggested she had early stages of thyroid cancer. Apparently she was flown out to New York, tests were done, which revealed that this was the case, and urgent treatment occurred. This apparently saved the woman's life.

Pretty cool story. Although I've never heard the story myself, someone must have told it previously (probably Hooky), as one of the questions asked by fans was in respect of this story, which he then elaborated on.

Not sure if the photo was the one from the LP/CD or the Cassette, which had a slightly different cover. Maybe whatever the doctor saw is visible on both pictures. Here's the cover, anyway - https://www.discogs.com/...rue-Passion/master/55596

God yeah, looking at the pic again it does look like she has a big kind of lump in her neck.Don't know if that's what the Oncologist was talking about but it doesn't look right.Amazing story.

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/05/2020(UTC)
Fotz  
#45 Posted : 16 May 2020 09:03:41(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post
Having already done Music Complete, Track by Track are now going to do their Twitter Listening Party of Complete Music on Wednesday, May 13th. Tom and Phil are confirmed, and I imagine Stephen and Gillian will pipe in.

Tweet

I was following this the other night.Well maybe half following it, it was nowhere near as good as when Steve joins in on Tim Burgess' listening parties.Can't remember if there was anything much to report from it , there was no previously unseen pics from the old days as it was just Phil and Tom contributing.Track by Track are doing Waiting For The Sirens' Call next, on 27th May.Or at least i think so, some of the information i found confusing as a podcast was also mentioned, like there was a podcast version and it'd already happened.But then the 27th May date is mentioned as well.
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Andy on 16/05/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 17/05/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#46 Posted : 16 May 2020 09:39:16(UTC)
perspexorange

Well, talking of online events, I'm quite looking forward to the two on Monday; specifically the Sumner / Morris chat and the showing of the complete Light gig from 5 years ago.

However, this all brings home to me that, prior to Covid-19, I had arranged to have the 18th off work and was planning to visit Macclesfield and see who was about / what events were on etc.

Although I've been to the crem/cemetery a couple of times (I have a fellow New Order friend who lives in Macc), I've never been there on the anniversary. I wouldn't normally feel the urge to do this, but I really quite fancied connecting with other fans on the 40th anniversary. It seemed like an interesting thing to do.

The best laid plans of mice and men...
ROCKET MICK on 17/05/2020(UTC)
Fotz  
#47 Posted : 17 May 2020 02:28:19(UTC)
Fotz

Well, talking of online events, I'm quite looking forward to the two on Monday; specifically the Sumner / Morris chat and the showing of the complete Light gig from 5 years ago.

Peter Hook was on RadMac on 6Music this morning.Doing that first ,last and everything bit where artists talk about 3 pieces of music that shaped their life.Yes, he mentioned The Light's 2015 gig and the fact it will be streamed on the 18th.He said though that it is over 3 hours but had previously said in the interview that as he did every single Joy Division song (49 in total) at the gig it was over 4 hours.So either not the whole performance will be streamed or maybe at the gig 5 years ago they took a few breaks, which is understandable, meaning the whole show was 4 hours but actual playing time was 3 hours.Can't remember where he said the stream is to be found.It'll be up for 24 hours.

Go to 1 hour 33 mins in for interview 'ere

thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
perspexorange on 17/05/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/05/2020(UTC)
Debaser  
#48 Posted : 17 May 2020 03:01:07(UTC)
Debaser

The camera malfunctioned on two of the tracks. So It's 47 out of the 49 tracks.
They have audio for the two missing tracks and considered just using that, but in the end decided to skip those two. Its 3 and a bit hours I think.
But yeah Hooky can be a bit fast and loose with his facts. When he was talking about listening back to old cassettes he said that C90 tapes were 3 hours long - 90 minutes a side. No they're not, they're 45 mins per side, just as 60 minute tapes are/were 30 minutes a side.
The stream will start at midday UK time on the 18th and then play on a loop for 24 hours. That way it doesn't matter what time zone you're in.
thanks 3 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Fotz on 17/05/2020(UTC), perspexorange on 17/05/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/05/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#49 Posted : 17 May 2020 03:38:35(UTC)
perspexorange

If it's on a loop, I wonder how easy it'll be download off YouTube, as I'd rather like to keep for posterity. Hopefully normal YouTube rippers will work.
ROCKET MICK on 20/05/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#50 Posted : 17 May 2020 03:47:08(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
Can't remember where he said the stream is to be found.It'll be up for 24 hours.

Sorry - should've said that it'll be be on YouTube, apparently.

Here's the accompanying text from a 'Shadowplay' teaser posted to The Light's official YouTube channel yesterday:

"So This Is Permanent

Peter Hook & The Light - 24 Hour Concert Stream

Shadowplay Preview Released

Ahead of Monday’s full premiere, here is 'Shadowplay' from our Christ Church, Macclesfield 2015 anniversary concert film.

The full show will premiere on the Joy Division Youtube channel for 24 hours from 12pm BST on Monday 18th May 2020.

Join the Youtube screening event here: bit.ly/SoThisIsPermanentYoutubePremiere

Please donate to Epilepsy Society if you can here: bit.ly/SoThisIsPermanentESDONATE

A DVD will be released in mid June by Live Here Now – details here: bit.ly/SoThisIsPermanentLHNPreOrder

Live concert produced by Jackinabox."

So, even if I can't snag it, it'll be released on DVD. Great stuff! I'll certainly buy a copy and I plan to donate too.
Fotz on 17/05/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/05/2020(UTC)