logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#26 Posted : 01 August 2016 06:02:07(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3617 time(s) in 2618 post(s)
Lost for words here.I messaged NewOrder store again today about why i haven't received my 12" and CD and this time they replied.Guess what they're saying...... i'll not get the 12" and CD til the 7" is released in September because i ordered the lot together! Ha! That's what they seem to be telling me anyway(?) I'm speechless.

Their reply in full

"Hello ,
Many thanks for your e-mail.
We have checked the system and can confirm that the release date of the item People On The High Line – 7" Shaped Picture Disc is the 09/09/2016 and therefore the whole order is still pending.
Upon arrival of the item in our warehouse, your order will be processed accordingly and you will receive a shipment confirmation email from us.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you need further help with your order.
Kind regards,

Alex
Warner Music Customer Services"

Edited by user 01 August 2016 06:03:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 01/08/2016(UTC)
Debaser  
#27 Posted : 01 August 2016 08:41:41(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3010 time(s) in 2075 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post

"Hello ,
We have checked the system and can confirm that the release date of the item People On The High Line – 7" Shaped Picture Disc is the 09/09/2016 and therefore the whole order is still pending.
Upon arrival of the item in our warehouse, your order will be processed accordingly and you will receive a shipment confirmation email from us.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you need further help with your order.
Kind regards,

Alex

Ha, funny! Well maybe not for you. I'm sure you don't need us to tell you how to respond to that!
However...if it were me, I'd cancel the whole order, place a fresh order for the 7" only, and get the other items from Piccadilly Records. But I hope you have a bit more "banter" with them before you do that. This could be entertaining (well maybe not for you), keep us posted.
thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/08/2016(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#28 Posted : 01 August 2016 10:49:23(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post

"Hello ,
Kind regards,

Alex

Ha, funny! Well maybe not for you. I'm sure you don't need us to tell you how to respond to that!
However...if it were me, I'd cancel the whole order, place a fresh order for the 7" only, and get the other items from Piccadilly Records. But I hope you have a bit more "banter" with them before you do that. This could be entertaining (well maybe not for you), keep us posted.

Yeah..... well, i messaged them again basically asking them if it was their idea of a joke.Made a couple of comments about them being cheapskates because of the fact they don't want to send out two different deliveries.Because that's what basically they've done albeit very craftily.They've charged me £5.99 packing and shipping but declined to tell me that will be for one, all in, delivery of the bundle.Either that or it's too difficult for them to separate my order up between the 12" & CD and the 7" which is what i've also suggested to them.

Unfortunately for me, though conveniently for them, there doesn't seem to be an order cancellation option at NewOrder store, at least not that i've managed to find.The only way to cancel an order would appear to be by sending them a message.Which of course they'll claim to have never received/ignore.

At the end of the day though there's much worse things going on in the world and i get the feeling my complaints to NewOrder store will be a waste of energy and like i said the there doesn't appear to be a cancellation of order option other than sending them a message.Guess i'll just have to wait til September to receive my 12", CD and 7" bundle.
Fotzepolitic  
#29 Posted : 01 August 2016 20:49:58(UTC)
Fotz

Think I may have found where you can cancel your order at NewOrder store . In the "Contact us" section there's a cancellation option in the drop down but you can only send them a message requesting one . You don't appear able to do it yourself from your end.I may try it though, tell em where to go .
NikacP0kac93  
#30 Posted : 02 August 2016 01:26:38(UTC)
NikacP0kac93

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
So...

Radio Edit and Extended Mix - most enjoyable tracks onthe CD, but not exactly remixes are they?

Claptone - most listenable and enjoyable mix of the bunch for me. Gives an effortless quality and flow to the song.
LTNG - bores me to death.
Planet Funk - a bit weird, not a fan of the auto-tuned vocals in mixes which change the original key.
Hybrid - good remix, but nothing stand-out.
Hybrid Armchair - again, a bit boring, but not as unnervingly repetitive as the LTNG remix.

All in all, a mediocre package, but 4 out of 7 being rated good to excellent is good enough.
thanks 1 user thanked NikacP0kac93 for this useful post.
lee  
#31 Posted : 02 August 2016 02:19:33(UTC)
lee

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 199 post(s)
it doesn't matter who remixes it or how many remixes it gets it'll still be rubbish...you can't polish a turd springs to mind

terrible choice for a single its the only song i skip on the album
thanks 2 users thanked lee for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/08/2016(UTC), Ken Doherty on 04/08/2016(UTC)
Ken Doherty  
#32 Posted : 04 August 2016 07:18:39(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)

Have to agree with Lee, this is easily the worst track on the album, and it's a totally uninspiring choice of remixers as well, the first New Order single in living memory that I won't be buying.
thanks 2 users thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/08/2016(UTC), lee on 06/08/2016(UTC)
Andy  
#33 Posted : 04 August 2016 12:34:42(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3072 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
My interpretation of the single release logic:

Restless was described as the track that was the most collaborative product of all the members. They probably wanted their return to be a unified effort.

Tutti Frutti was catchy and novel. It had to be purposed as a single as it was likely to wear out it's welcome existing only as an album track (à la Fine Time).

Singularity would have been many people's choice for lead single. Reasons against were the unified effort theory at odds with Rowlands substantial part and the fact that the song had been making the rounds live so wasn't "new".

People on the High Line is a favourite of Barney's and he was talked out of it being released earlier by Daniel Miller who perceived it as more of a "Summer single".
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/08/2016(UTC)
The Shadow  
#34 Posted : 04 August 2016 13:32:20(UTC)
The Shadow

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
The clap tone mix is simple but effective and playing it a lot. Not downloaded the other mixes yet as only listened to the vinyl.

The mixes of the singles do far have been really strong with hot chip being a favourite. Probably the best set of new order mixes there has been
thanks 1 user thanked The Shadow for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/08/2016(UTC)
Mr. Disco  
#35 Posted : 06 August 2016 03:47:50(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

Was thanked: 375 time(s) in 198 post(s)
High Line entered the UK physical singles chart at #1, just as Singularity did. It seems to be doing pretty well...

People On The High Line at UK Physical Singles Chart
thanks 2 users thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.
Andy on 06/08/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 06/08/2016(UTC)
Col72  
#36 Posted : 06 August 2016 14:54:24(UTC)
Col72

Man

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 61 post(s)
So, what shape is the "shaped" 7" single?
I'm assuming it is not circular shaped..... or is it?!!

Edited by user 06 August 2016 14:56:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

There's no sense in telling me, the wisdom of a fool wont set you free
thanks 1 user thanked Col72 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Debaser  
#37 Posted : 06 August 2016 16:17:20(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3010 time(s) in 2075 post(s)
^ I'm gonna take a guess it might be shaped like this:
thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Aracri  
#38 Posted : 07 August 2016 04:49:53(UTC)
Aracri

Man

Was thanked: 403 time(s) in 355 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr. Disco Go to Quoted Post
High Line entered the UK physical singles chart at #1, just as Singularity did. It seems to be doing pretty well...

Not surprised really. In the release date the CD edition sold out quickly on Mutebank and the 12" was out of stock in the blink of an eye. Eek Almost the same at Amazon: their copies were out of stock rapidly and there were sellers asking over 22 GBP for a twelve inch. I've ordered mine at Norman Records, a very cheap one but I had to wait some days until the shop receive new copies from the vinyl.

Singles from "Music Complete" are doing it right on the UK charts! As a fan, I'm very proud. Big Grin

Edited by user 07 August 2016 04:52:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter Who?

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Aracri for this useful post.
depthcharge  
#39 Posted : 08 August 2016 06:20:46(UTC)
depthcharge

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 190 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aracri Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mr. Disco Go to Quoted Post

Not surprised really. In the release date the CD edition sold out quickly on Mutebank and the 12" was out of stock in the blink of an eye. Eek Almost the same at Amazon: their copies were out of stock rapidly and there were sellers asking over 22 GBP for a twelve inch. I've ordered mine at Norman Records, a very cheap one but I had to wait some days until the shop receive new copies from the vinyl.

The 7" pre-sale went even quicker at most retailers. Might be a keeper.

Seems to be some conflicting info about the 12". Some sites are suggesting there's an alternate version still to come, maybe a US pressing? Can't imagine it'll have a different tracklisting.

But more importantly, thanks for the UK chart image above. Didn't know that Zomby & Burial track had dropped!

thanks 1 user thanked depthcharge for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 08/08/2016(UTC)
Andy  
#40 Posted : 08 August 2016 07:07:43(UTC)
Andy

Man

In the U.S., the HD and SD Digital Bundles are available now

The Coloured Vinyl 12" is released August 19th

The CDS is released September 16th

The 7" Picture Disc is released September 30th
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 08/08/2016(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#41 Posted : 09 August 2016 14:20:31(UTC)
Fotz

Still not received the 12" and CD from NewOrder store nearly 2 weeks after release day.

Still in an ongoing argument with the store.They say i'll have to cancel my whole order and order again separately the 12" + CD bundle and the 7" but i know what will happen if i do that; they'll tell me they're sold out.So i'm not going down that route.Looks like i'll have to wait another month.

Safe to say though i won't be using NewOrder store again though.
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2016(UTC)
AdamTate  
#42 Posted : 11 August 2016 08:49:22(UTC)
AdamTate

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Well I have had the POTHL CD Single sitting in my unlistened to stuff for a couple of weeks now and finally got round to listening to it this evening...

......how bad is that - in the 80s I used to listen always on the day of release!!

7 mixes of a track I never really rated in the first place - I know it is early but I have had to pour myself a large glass of Scotch to get through this.

......hands up anybody that would swop 6 remixes for 1 quality non album B-side like 1963 or Lonesome Tonight.
thanks 1 user thanked AdamTate for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 11/08/2016(UTC)
TechnoPop  
#43 Posted : 21 August 2016 09:47:54(UTC)
TechnoPop

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Finally the CD arrived. Feels very good the way the slipcase is full now. A massive little box. :)
thanks 1 user thanked TechnoPop for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/08/2016(UTC)
TechnoPop  
#44 Posted : 21 August 2016 09:48:34(UTC)
TechnoPop

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
But where is the video??
thanks 2 users thanked TechnoPop for this useful post.
Andy on 21/08/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 22/08/2016(UTC)
Jonathan  
#45 Posted : 22 August 2016 01:55:43(UTC)
Jonathan

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AdamTate Go to Quoted Post
......hands up anybody that would swop 6 remixes for 1 quality non album B-side like 1963 or Lonesome Tonight.

o/

Why have b-sides died? My suspicion is that modern, established groups have confidence that they can turn any of the songs they work on into something suitable for the album, so they do an album's worth of songs and no more, so there's nothing left for b-sides. "proper" B-sides don't sell singles these days, I bet; but did they ever? I love b-sides. I've always loved seeing the side of a group that is a bit more experimental, perhaps less cohesive, a glimpse of a future that might have been. I have some wonderful b-sides collections (the Cure and banshees ones are excellent).

But the death of the proper b-side is nothing particularly new for NO, is it? They stopped post-Factory with Republic/Regret.
thanks 1 user thanked Jonathan for this useful post.
trafaelwyr  
#46 Posted : 22 August 2016 05:14:36(UTC)
trafaelwyr

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jonathan Go to Quoted Post

o/

Why have b-sides died? My suspicion is that modern, established groups have confidence that they can turn any of the songs they work on into something suitable for the album, so they do an album's worth of songs and no more, so there's nothing left for b-sides. "proper" B-sides don't sell singles these days, I bet; but did they ever? I love b-sides. I've always loved seeing the side of a group that is a bit more experimental, perhaps less cohesive, a glimpse of a future that might have been. I have some wonderful b-sides collections (the Cure and banshees ones are excellent).

But the death of the proper b-side is nothing particularly new for NO, is it? They stopped post-Factory with Republic/Regret.

Maybe they're saving any b-sides for a stand alone album or for when a "deluxe" issue of the album is released years later. Anyways, there are still bands out there that put out the b-sides, one band that comes to mind is the Pet Shop Boys.
thanks 1 user thanked trafaelwyr for this useful post.
Andy  
#47 Posted : 22 August 2016 05:20:44(UTC)
Andy

Man

Originally Posted by: Jonathan Go to Quoted Post

o/

You have a point about the songwriting angle, but mixes/dubs/versions were often "b-sides" as early as Blue Monday (or even the version of Love Will Tear Us Apart sharing a side with These Days).

The dark days of the Republic era did spawn one "proper" b-side: The single Ruined in a Day sported Vicious Circle, an instrumental Monaco later developed into a single of it's own (Sweet Lips).

More b-sides emerged during the Get Ready era. I particularly like Behind Closed Doors and Such a Good Thing.
thanks 2 users thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/08/2016(UTC), Jonathan on 25/08/2016(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#48 Posted : 22 August 2016 05:32:03(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Originally Posted by: trafaelwyr Go to Quoted Post
[one band that comes to mind is the Pet Shop Boys.

Special shout-out for Suede. Their epic '97 BSide collection amazed reviewers - cos Suede are probably the only band who don't have an A side / B side / LP mentality... They just work to make every track as good as possible.
Contrast Blur! Come to think (that's my brain in reverse) the most overrated band ever i.e. one-with.biggest-discrepancy-between-hype-and-product is probably not New Order but Blur. Their singles were awesome but the albums were hit-and-miss and the B-sides were nearly always appalling. There's a story their manager went, 'We want to wring a few more singles off the album but everyone wants new Bsides now' - answer: 'Book us a studio for 3 hours tomorrow and we'll bash something out.' It may not be true but shit like Alex's Song, Gotcher and Daisy Bell show how it could circulate at all. I'd rate Suede over that whole Shitpop hype, including Oasis, Blur and Pulp... When I got sick of NO's meagre output being flogged I got into Blur and scouring the discographies I was impressed how many tracks they did - then I tracked (tee hee) 'em down and wasn't impressed at all! In those days there was no Youtube so fans would pay for 2 CD singles (often massively overpriced if they were oldies) and get 8 minutes of new, shit music.
thanks 2 users thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/08/2016(UTC), Jonathan on 25/08/2016(UTC)
Jcp7  
#49 Posted : 24 August 2016 06:41:30(UTC)
Jcp7

Man

Was thanked: 644 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Yes, 6 tracks only but we get à different Claptone mix.
thanks 2 users thanked Jcp7 for this useful post.
MTO on 24/08/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 24/08/2016(UTC)
MTO  
#50 Posted : 24 August 2016 07:02:24(UTC)
MTO

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yep. That one I saved as a lossless file for sure. Can't wait for the 7". I hope they do 'Plastic' or 'Academic' as a fifth single. I'm a junkie for those NO singles, ever since grade school.

Edited by user 24 August 2016 07:08:41(UTC)  | Reason: syntax error

thanks 1 user thanked MTO for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 24/08/2016(UTC)