logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2015 11:12:38(UTC)
Andy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
Will it be a great gig, or will it smell like someone dropped some wolf bait?
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 21/11/2015(UTC)
Sponsor
keepitcoming  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2015 12:35:53(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
there is a village in Yorkshire called Thornton Le Beans, and funny enough joy division may have driven through there and played?? The world needs and wants new order now , from pole to pole , but terror may keep neworder home a bit more than we want , but , voila, they get more time to muck about on yachts and airships and the family tanks and create new songs and rehearse our favorites.
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 21/11/2015(UTC)
keepitcoming  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2015 12:37:38(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
Volcanos get in the way also
We're like kestrels
thanks 2 users thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 21/11/2015(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 22/11/2015(UTC)
Baggie Boiler  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2015 02:14:17(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)
Wolves Civic is a great venue - COME ON !
Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 1 user thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2015 09:02:56(UTC)
Get Ready

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Third time at Wolves.

First time they played - 1986:

Love Vigilantes, Bizarre Love Triangle, Hurt, Sunrise, Elegia, Leave Me Alone,
Everything's Gone Greeen, Subculture, Face Up, Broken Promise,
The Perfect Kiss

Right up against the stage, bruised ribs, tinnitus for a week, drumstick grabbed after the Perfect Kiss, covered in beer, Gillian smiled at me, stage invasions, fantastic gig.

Second time they played - 2006:

Crystal, Turn, Regret, Ceremony, Who's Joe?, Transmission, Krafty,
Waiting For The Sirens' Call, Atmosphere, Guilt Is A Useless Emotion,
Bizarre Love Triangle, Temptation, The Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday
(encore) Love Will Tear Us Apart, True Faith

Up in the balcony, lots of sensible middle aged and middle class punters, poor sound (Barney sounded like he was in a metal dustbin), flat atmosphere, front row (standing) beneath me were some distance from the stage with a large walkway for the many bouncers - no idea why because the average age was around 45 and many wouldn't have been capable of lifting a leg over the barrier let alone diving on the stage like they did in '86.

So for this one I decided to try the standing in front of the stage route again, hoping that they reduce the length of no man's land. Seen other recent gigs on YouTube from the Civic and fans were allowed within four feet (or less) of the stage. The thing is, the sound is bloody awful for most bands (check out Manic Street Preachers and others from this year) UNLESS you are right down the front. Forget it if you are up in the balcony or standing in the stalls towards the back - by the time the sound reaches you, most of it has been sucked into the ear canals of the front few rows of standing punters on the main floor and you are left with an echoey, tinny mess - like listening to someone's Walkman on the bus back in the 80's and trying to work out what the hell they are listening to.

If it's your first time there, beware the six doors - they don't tell you which one they are going to open. First two gigs above, I waited for hours but those piling out the pubs at the last second got in the same time as me. The sensible makeshift queue up the steps got lost in a stampede as sheer aggression trumped all.

thanks 3 users thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
Andy on 22/11/2015(UTC), chant on 22/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 22/11/2015(UTC)
chant  
#6 Posted : 22 November 2015 10:29:59(UTC)
chant

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Thanks for the tips Mr./Miss Get Ready! I was there back in 06, queuing but got to get to the first row, didn't remember the six doors- guess I was lucky. Hope they improve the door thing this time! If you see a tiny brunette queuing there guess that would be me! Hi
coz it's me that holds the cure
.:a new order fan from taiwan:.
thanks 2 users thanked chant for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/11/2015(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 22/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#7 Posted : 22 November 2015 12:00:40(UTC)
Get Ready

Originally Posted by: chant Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the tips Mr./Miss Get Ready! I was there back in 06, queuing but got to get to the first row, didn't remember the six doors- guess I was lucky. Hope they improve the door thing this time! If you see a tiny brunette queuing there guess that would be me! Hi

I'll be there two hours early again - a bit obsessive like that Smile

Up the Wolves Tongue
thanks 3 users thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
chant on 22/11/2015(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 22/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2015(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#8 Posted : 24 November 2015 03:09:28(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3620 time(s) in 2619 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Get Ready Go to Quoted Post
Third time at Wolves.

First time they played - 1986:

Love Vigilantes, Bizarre Love Triangle, Hurt, Sunrise, Elegia, Leave Me Alone,
Everything's Gone Greeen, Subculture, Face Up, Broken Promise,
The Perfect Kiss

Right up against the stage, bruised ribs, tinnitus for a week, drumstick grabbed after the Perfect Kiss, covered in beer, Gillian smiled at me, stage invasions, fantastic gig.

Second time they played - 2006:

Crystal, Turn, Regret, Ceremony, Who's Joe?, Transmission, Krafty,
Waiting For The Sirens' Call, Atmosphere, Guilt Is A Useless Emotion,
Bizarre Love Triangle, Temptation, The Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday
(encore) Love Will Tear Us Apart, True Faith

Up in the balcony, lots of sensible middle aged and middle class punters, poor sound (Barney sounded like he was in a metal dustbin), flat atmosphere, front row (standing) beneath me were some distance from the stage with a large walkway for the many bouncers - no idea why because the average age was around 45 and many wouldn't have been capable of lifting a leg over the barrier let alone diving on the stage like they did in '86.

So for this one I decided to try the standing in front of the stage route again, hoping that they reduce the length of no man's land. Seen other recent gigs on YouTube from the Civic and fans were allowed within four feet (or less) of the stage. The thing is, the sound is bloody awful for most bands (check out Manic Street Preachers and others from this year) UNLESS you are right down the front. Forget it if you are up in the balcony or standing in the stalls towards the back - by the time the sound reaches you, most of it has been sucked into the ear canals of the front few rows of standing punters on the main floor and you are left with an echoey, tinny mess - like listening to someone's Walkman on the bus back in the 80's and trying to work out what the hell they are listening to.

If it's your first time there, beware the six doors - they don't tell you which one they are going to open. First two gigs above, I waited for hours but those piling out the pubs at the last second got in the same time as me. The sensible makeshift queue up the steps got lost in a stampede as sheer aggression trumped all.

I was at 2006 gig, can't recall either way what the sound was like..Also saw Happy Mondays there way back in 1992- it was as they were disintegrating and it was a shit gig.

I think it'll be a good atmosphere tonight but have concerns about the sound now after what you've saidOh well Wasn't that impressed with how the sound at Brixton last Tuesday didn't travel very well to the back,i had to get nearer front
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2015(UTC)
chant  
#9 Posted : 24 November 2015 04:41:45(UTC)
chant

Checking out the venue now.. I see the six doors!! Hope they arrange that well. See you tonight!

thanks 1 user thanked chant for this useful post.
Get Ready  
#10 Posted : 24 November 2015 06:19:40(UTC)
Get Ready

Checking out the venue now.. I see the six doors!! Hope they arrange that well. See you tonight!

About to leave myself, even though I am only 12 miles away in sunny Birmingham. Must have checked my ticket a hundred times already - like you do when checking you have your passport when going abroad.

"Definitely in the top right pocket"

"But you bent over earlier and it might have slipped out"

"Good thinking, think I will check one more time - yep definitely there"

Five minutes later...

"It could have fallen out whilst you were checking to see if it was there, you know"

And so the circle continues. Anyway, for anybody coming by train - last train out of Wolverhampton is at 23:23hrs if going in the direction of Birmingham (South). Assuming they come on at nine, then should be alright.

I wonder if Iggy Pop will make an appearance? Smile
thanks 2 users thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
Andy on 24/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#11 Posted : 24 November 2015 09:07:47(UTC)
Get Ready

Outside the venue with two others - Your Silent Face and Restless have been soundtracked.
thanks 1 user thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
chant  
#12 Posted : 24 November 2015 11:30:20(UTC)
chant

This time the two doors on the left hand side didn't open.. They used four doors only. We have to note this so when we get back here in ten years we won't forget :p

Thanks Mr. Get Ready! :D

chant  
#13 Posted : 24 November 2015 15:36:28(UTC)
chant

Tonight Bernard sang Running out of Luck with Jake again. Ironically I think that song is dedicated to me since I was told that Hooky's gig is postponed... AND they dropped two songs tonight- AoC and 586 (one of my favourites in this tour)!!! With no replacements, making the setlist 17 songs only. Dead
Andy  
#14 Posted : 24 November 2015 15:52:50(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
Tonight Bernard sang Running out of Luck with Jake again. Ironically I think that song is dedicated to me since I was told that Hooky's gig is postponed... AND they dropped two songs tonight- AoC and 586 (one of my favourites in this tour)!!! With no replacements, making the setlist 17 songs only. Dead

Sorry to hear that.

Aside from the shorter set, how did the gig compare to the other ones you've attended recently?
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler  
#15 Posted : 24 November 2015 16:38:01(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

It was ace and Barney was chatty
thanks 2 users thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
Fotz on 25/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2015(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#16 Posted : 24 November 2015 16:41:52(UTC)
Fotz

Good gig.Crystal instead of AOC.Don't know why they dropped 586 tonight.My worries that the sound might not be great were proved unfounded- the sound was really good i thought.Didn't do the moshpit tonight and couldn't really see over peoples heads to see if it was lively or not but the audience standing were generally enthusiastic, dancing and hands in the air though the people in the seats in the upper balconies looked a bit subdued.Highlights for me were Ceremony, Your Silent Face, Tutti Frutti, Temptation, Atmosphere and even Blue fricking Monday.All very mysterious where Bernard nips off to during the intro to BMLoL Good to bump into Digi and Rocket and even Missy Jem.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler  
#17 Posted : 24 November 2015 17:44:01(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Good gig.Crystal instead of AOC.Don't know why they dropped 586 tonight.My worries that the sound might not be great were proved unfounded- the sound was really good i thought.Didn't do the moshpit tonight and couldn't really see over peoples heads to see if it was lively or not but the audience standing were generally enthusiastic, dancing and hands in the air though the people in the seats in the upper balconies looked a bit subdued.Highlights for me were Ceremony, Your Silent Face, Tutti Frutti, Temptation, Atmosphere and even Blue fricking Monday.All very mysterious where Bernard nips off to during the intro to BMLoL Good to bump into Digi and Rocket and even Missy Jem.

All goes too quick, hope to visit yer shed again soon Hi
thanks 2 users thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
Fotz on 25/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#18 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:04:59(UTC)
Get Ready

Good to meet you, Chant - managed to get my train with 8 minutes to spare. Loads of people on the platform heading for Birmingham and checking their mobile footage. You could hear LWTUA, Atmosphere, Blue Monday, Tutti Frutti, Singularity and others all playing simultaneously along the length of platform three. Just in the process of uploading a few songs to YouTube (think I have 12 of the 15 played tonight).
thanks 2 users thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
chant on 24/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2015(UTC)
chant  
#19 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:12:09(UTC)
chant

Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post

Sorry to hear that.

Aside from the shorter set, how did the gig compare to the other ones you've attended recently?

I actually quite enjoyed the crowd tonight.. When I was in London I thought how come the fans have become so calm and peaceful!?! No pushing or squeezing on Ceremony? :p

Tonight more people shouted out loud and the sing-along was fantastic... It's so moving when everyone sings Perfect Kiss so loud all together... Not to mention the crazy Temptation time! I have to thank the guy standing behind me, otherwise I'll definitely get more bruises.

Speaking of bruises, here's one I got in Glasgow 10 years ago :)
[img=https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/chant/2588503719/sizes/m/]new order bruise[/img]

The sound was good in the front. I'd only complain the 1st night in London. Others sound much better than that.

So in conclusion, I really enjoyed it, and it was nice meeting Get Ready and Liam and listened to their New Order related stories. I really wish I was in the 80's gigs!!! (Or maybe I did! And then I reincarnated into another NO fan.. Lol)
chant  
#20 Posted : 24 November 2015 18:33:49(UTC)
chant

Good to meet you, Chant - managed to get my train with 8 minutes to spare. Loads of people on the platform heading for Birmingham and checking their mobile footage. You could hear LWTUA, Atmosphere, Blue Monday, Tutti Frutti, Singularity and others all playing simultaneously along the length of platform three. Just in the process of uploading a few songs to YouTube (think I have 12 of the 15 played tonight).

Nice meeting you too! Hey that sounds like a scene I'd like to be in!! Should have walked to the station and have a look :p

I recorded some of them too but too bad I won't have broadband access these days.. Might need to wait until early next week. (Since I already arranged everything in Belfast I might just go anyway!) will update then!

Get Ready  
#21 Posted : 24 November 2015 19:06:04(UTC)
Get Ready

Nice meeting you too! Hey that sounds like a scene I'd like to be in!! Should have walked to the station and have a look :p

I recorded some of them too but too bad I won't have broadband access these days.. Might need to wait until early next week. (Since I already arranged everything in Belfast I might just go anyway!) will update then!

The sound is pretty poor in places through my phone, but here is Running Out of Luck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjW-b-p-TM

Smile
Get Ready  
#22 Posted : 24 November 2015 20:04:27(UTC)
Get Ready

Lonesome Tonight from what is now last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBIaQ8G9T8
Fotzepolitic  
#23 Posted : 25 November 2015 02:21:09(UTC)
Fotz

Bernard cracked me how he said after BLT they'd NEVER played that version before and then he said the same after WFTSCLoL

I remember Gillian doing her mock exasperation/annoyance with Bernard taking over the synth on Blue Monday.

Got in to the venue just as Bernard finished doing Running Out Of Luck with Jake Evans.
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Get Ready on 25/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2015(UTC)
Suspicious minds  
#24 Posted : 25 November 2015 02:37:22(UTC)
Suspicious minds

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
New to the forum, but was gutted that tickets were sold out at the civic when i found out.
I saw them there in '86, seem to remember them having to restart eligia and i'm sure barney threw his strat on the stage at the end of the gig.
Later that year i met them at the signing for brotherhood at the hmv in birmingham.
Happy days!
thanks 1 user thanked Suspicious minds for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler  
#25 Posted : 25 November 2015 03:18:24(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Could you upload all your footage please as my audio recording failed?

Regards

Mike
thanks 1 user thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.