logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Get Ready  
#26 Posted : 25 November 2015 05:03:33(UTC)
Get Ready

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Bernard cracked me how he said after BLT they'd NEVER played that version before and then he said the same after WFTSCLoL

I remember Gillian doing her mock exasperation/annoyance with Bernard taking over the synth on Blue Monday.

Got in to the venue just as Bernard finished doing Running Out Of Luck with Jake Evans.

Still cracking me up now - seen it about ten times.

Here's Bizarre Love Triangle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAF6sxCw02g

Smile
thanks 2 users thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
Fotz on 25/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#27 Posted : 25 November 2015 05:05:27(UTC)
Get Ready

Bernard cracked me how he said after BLT they'd NEVER played that version before and then he said the same after WFTSCLoL

I remember Gillian doing her mock exasperation/annoyance with Bernard taking over the synth on Blue Monday.

Got in to the venue just as Bernard finished doing Running Out Of Luck with Jake Evans.

Still laughing now after ten views.

Smile
thanks 1 user thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#28 Posted : 25 November 2015 05:09:59(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3620 time(s) in 2619 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Get Ready Go to Quoted Post

Still cracking me up now - seen it about ten times.

Smile

Great recording.Ah so what he actually said was "That's the first time we've ever played that version of the song.......................in Wolverhampton"
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Get Ready on 25/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#29 Posted : 25 November 2015 06:47:58(UTC)
Get Ready

My favourite track of the night - Temptation - the crowd (as Chant said) were bang into their audience participation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6itbqueyQEA

dallywhitty  
#30 Posted : 25 November 2015 08:30:07(UTC)
dallywhitty

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I was there, too, and was really close to the stage - I think there were two other guys in front of me and I was about in line with where Phil was performing. Thought the supporting DJ was fun and I immediately recognised Jake Evans' name and thought, 'Is that the Bad Lieutenant guy?' Which was confirmed for me once he started singing and I had 'This is Home' flashbacks. I liked that Bernard came on to perform a song with him.

Was surprised by how into Tutti Frutti and People on the High Line folks were, given that they're new ones and not something necessarily ones everybody will have listened to. Even some of the more subdued members of the audience started dancing to those two. I did find myself hoping Elly Jackson would make a surprise appearance, though. They're amazing songs as they are but you can feel her absence.

Anyway, great concert, although probably the rowdiest one I've ever attended. There was a group of drunk guys in the front centre who insisted on barging into everybody and trying to turn the crowd into human dominoes.
thanks 1 user thanked dallywhitty for this useful post.
Get Ready  
#31 Posted : 25 November 2015 09:51:50(UTC)
Get Ready

Originally Posted by: Digi Mike Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: chant Go to Quoted Post
Tonight Bernard sang Running out of Luck with Jake again. Ironically I think that song is dedicated to me since I was told that Hooky's gig is postponed... AND they dropped two songs tonight- AoC and 586 (one of my favourites in this tour)!!! With no replacements, making the setlist 17 songs only. Dead

Good to meet you, Chant - managed to get my train with 8 minutes to spare. Loads of people on the platform heading for Birmingham and checking their mobile footage. You could hear LWTUA, Atmosphere, Blue Monday, Tutti Frutti, Singularity and others all playing simultaneously along the length of platform three. Just in the process of uploading a few songs to YouTube (think I have 12 of the 15 played tonight).

Could you upload all your footage please as my audio recording failed?

Regards

Mike

My audio isn't that good because of the crappy mics in all Samsung phones, but here is Atmosphere. Putting them into a playlist over the next few days but didn't get three of them due to the strobing confusing my phone's sensor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cQkvIKJNTg

Smile
Fotzepolitic  
#32 Posted : 25 November 2015 09:57:39(UTC)
Fotz

My favourite track of the night - Temptation - the crowd (as Chant said) were bang into their audience participation:

Great recording.You grabbed some great stuff in one or two places in that one of the crowd at the front ; they looked well lively and up for it which i couldn't really see from where we were about half way back.I'm not really into spending gigs recording footage , i prefer to enjoy the moment and then watch others recordings later so many thanks for the videos.

Oh and nice work at the beginning of your video of your train journey and early shots of people arriving early/entering the venue.

Edited by user 25 November 2015 10:14:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Get Ready on 25/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#33 Posted : 25 November 2015 10:13:16(UTC)
Get Ready

Originally Posted by: dallywhitty Go to Quoted Post
I was there, too, and was really close to the stage - I think there were two other guys in front of me and I was about in line with where Phil was performing. Thought the supporting DJ was fun and I immediately recognised Jake Evans' name and thought, 'Is that the Bad Lieutenant guy?' Which was confirmed for me once he started singing and I had 'This is Home' flashbacks. I liked that Bernard came on to perform a song with him.

Was surprised by how into Tutti Frutti and People on the High Line folks were, given that they're new ones and not something necessarily ones everybody will have listened to. Even some of the more subdued members of the audience started dancing to those two. I did find myself hoping Elly Jackson would make a surprise appearance, though. They're amazing songs as they are but you can feel her absence.

Anyway, great concert, although probably the rowdiest one I've ever attended. There was a group of drunk guys in the front centre who insisted on barging into everybody and trying to turn the crowd into human dominoes.

They played as support at the Civic back in 2006 and I thought that by now they would have got a bit further, given how tight they are live and the association with Bernard. Because I recognised a few of the songs this time around I might indulge in their Day One album. They remind me very much of Starsailor, which is not a bad thing at all, and that Easy On My Soul track is brilliant.

As for the group of lads, that was pretty tame compared to how it was in the 80's - used to have a bit of a football hooligan following back in the day. Ceremony and Temptation do it for those who want to have a bit of a mad one these days, so I braced myself against the barrier as soon as the first chords were struck.

Sunrise and Broken Promise would require a suit of armour if you were anywhere near the front 30 years ago Black eye

Time to whip out Never Cry Another Tear.
Get Ready  
#34 Posted : 25 November 2015 10:33:56(UTC)
Get Ready

Great recording.You grabbed some great stuff in one or two places in that one of the crowd at the front ; they looked well lively and up for it which i couldn't really see from where we were about half way back.I'm not really into spending gigs recording footage , i prefer to enjoy the moment and then watch others recordings later so many thanks for the videos.

Oh and nice work at the beginning of your video of your train journey and early shots of people arriving early/entering the venue.

I tend to set the frame and then watch the gig (easy to do if you are on the barrier) - the jittery bits are generally when I forgot that I was filming Eek

I didn't go dead centre because that's where the crowd surge forwards and backwards on certain tracks. Talking of which, the crowd were superb with a good mix of old, young and inquisitive; and I think that Barney was genuine when saying thanks and giving compliments at the end.

In 1986, he called us all a bunch of daft ****s LoL

Fotzepolitic  
#35 Posted : 25 November 2015 10:45:39(UTC)
Fotz

I tend to set the frame and then watch the gig (easy to do if you are on the barrier) - the jittery bits are generally when I forgot that I was filming Eek

I didn't go dead centre because that's where the crowd surge forwards and backwards on certain tracks. Talking of which, the crowd were superb with a good mix of old, young and inquisitive; and I think that Barney was genuine when saying thanks and giving compliments at the end.

Yeah the crowd at the front at Brixton 2nd night was also a mix of old, young and inquisitive.Wish i'd gone to the 1986 show.If i recall it was a weekday evening (maybe a Thursday?) in February of that year, i remember being aware of it a few weeks in advance and i don't live that far from Wolverhampton so really don't know why i didn't go.

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#36 Posted : 25 November 2015 10:55:44(UTC)
Fotz

Andy on 25/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC)
Jake A  
#37 Posted : 25 November 2015 12:00:33(UTC)
Jake A

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Good gig last night, but not a patch on Liverpool I thought. The PA was very quiet compared to Liverpool (which was one of the loudest I've been to for a long time) and Barney wasn't as in to it as Liverpool (which was the first time in a long time I'd seen him do his "Fine Tine" style dance!).

It was my wife's first 'big night out' for over 2 years and she got hammered, so much so that she woke up in the middle of the night choking having nearly chundered Eek

Still apart from that it was a good night out, can't believe it's 9 years since the last New Order gig we went to together (Wolves 2006), and she said she was sad Al wasn't there, strange girl................!
thanks 1 user thanked Jake A for this useful post.
Get Ready  
#38 Posted : 25 November 2015 14:20:56(UTC)
Get Ready

Interesting site - remembered most of what Barney said that night quite accurately: http://www.new-order.net.../nogigs86.html#NO-860227

Yes, it was a Thursday night (just checked).

Yeah the crowd at the front at Brixton 2nd night was also a mix of old, young and inquisitive.Wish i'd gone to the 1986 show.If i recall it was a weekday evening (maybe a Thursday?) in February of that year, i remember being aware of it a few weeks in advance and i don't live that far from Wolverhampton so really don't know why i didn't go.

Baggie Boiler  
#39 Posted : 25 November 2015 21:19:06(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Digi Mike Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: chant Go to Quoted Post
Tonight Bernard sang Running out of Luck with Jake again. Ironically I think that song is dedicated to me since I was told that Hooky's gig is postponed... AND they dropped two songs tonight- AoC and 586 (one of my favourites in this tour)!!! With no replacements, making the setlist 17 songs only. Dead

Good to meet you, Chant - managed to get my train with 8 minutes to spare. Loads of people on the platform heading for Birmingham and checking their mobile footage. You could hear LWTUA, Atmosphere, Blue Monday, Tutti Frutti, Singularity and others all playing simultaneously along the length of platform three. Just in the process of uploading a few songs to YouTube (think I have 12 of the 15 played tonight).

Could you upload all your footage please as my audio recording failed?

Regards

Mike

My audio isn't that good because of the crappy mics in all Samsung phones, but here is Atmosphere. Putting them into a playlist over the next few days but didn't get three of them due to the strobing confusing my phone's sensor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cQkvIKJNTg

Smile

Look forward to seeing them... thanks

Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 1 user thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
LucieJ  
#40 Posted : 26 November 2015 05:37:11(UTC)
LucieJ

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dallywhitty Go to Quoted Post

Are you the guy that was stood behind me with your arms folded that was stopping me from getting shoved about? I was at the front with my boyfriend.
thanks 1 user thanked LucieJ for this useful post.
LucieJ  
#41 Posted : 26 November 2015 05:44:05(UTC)
LucieJ

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've been a fan since the late 80s but have never had the chance to see them live before so it was a big night for me and I wasn't at all disappointed. I was determined to be at the front so I made my poor boyfriend start queuing at 4.30 (sorry Get Ready for beating you to it in the queue, lol) and I did get right to the front so I was really happy especially as I was right in front of where Bernard (although he'll always be Barney to me) stood for a lot of the songs. Absolutely loved it, and it's still sinking in that I've finally seen them live after over 25 years of being a fan.
thanks 2 users thanked LucieJ for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC), Get Ready on 30/11/2015(UTC)
Andy  
#42 Posted : 26 November 2015 10:32:02(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#43 Posted : 26 November 2015 12:25:13(UTC)
Fotz

The good thing about Wolverhampton Civic is if you're at the back but want to get to the front you don't have to barge your way through with lots of excuse me's - you can go to the corridor (either side) and just simply walk down to where you can come out of the entrance and move in to stagefront from the side.I didn't do that Tuesday night but it's handy to know for next time.
Baggie Boiler on 26/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC)
Get Ready  
#44 Posted : 27 November 2015 09:23:40(UTC)
Get Ready

Final video from Tuesday - going to keep the rest for a point in the future and do some sort of fan video for either Ceremony, Singularity, Crystal, Perfect Kiss, WFTSC, True Faith - or all six if feeling creative.

Blue Monday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6StdsEno9Bg

Fotzepolitic  
#45 Posted : 27 November 2015 09:43:20(UTC)
Fotz

Final video from Tuesday - going to keep the rest for a point in the future and do some sort of fan video for either Ceremony, Singularity, Crystal, Perfect Kiss, WFTSC, True Faith - or all six if feeling creative.

Superb.Where does Bernard go to every time during the introLaugh

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler  
#46 Posted : 27 November 2015 12:07:07(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)

Superb.Where does Bernard go to every time during the introLaugh

Glass of wine

Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 2 users thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
Fotz on 27/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2015(UTC)
dallywhitty  
#47 Posted : 28 November 2015 05:10:27(UTC)
dallywhitty

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LucieJ Go to Quoted Post
Are you the guy that was stood behind me with your arms folded that was stopping me from getting shoved about? I was at the front with my boyfriend.

Not me, I'm afraid. I was positioned more to the left, about in line with where Phil was performing. You can actually see me in this video which I think fellow user Get Ready uploaded. At 0.28, I'm the guy stood in the background, arms folded, looking left and right. I was wearing my blue Movement top but it wasn't visible for most of the night because my coat was done up.

thanks 1 user thanked dallywhitty for this useful post.
Andy  
#48 Posted : 30 November 2015 16:16:22(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#49 Posted : 01 December 2015 04:06:25(UTC)
Fotz

Andy on 01/12/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 01/12/2015(UTC)
Tim  
#50 Posted : 16 December 2015 13:12:56(UTC)
Tim

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Got to be honest I was very bored with the gig. Seen them too often recently I think, and samesetitis has afflicted me again. Even sold Manchester ticket (to Rocket Mick) as had had enough.

Too slick, too professional, too predictable, the exact opposite of the New Order that meant the world when they first played Wolves.
an old monkey...
thanks 1 user thanked Tim for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 16/12/2015(UTC)