logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jasonk848  
#1 Posted : 06 May 2013 20:07:00(UTC)
jasonk848

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Does anyone know if this show is still happening? Its listed on all the tour dates, but not on the Chastain Amphitheaters website and I can't find tickets available anywhere.
thanks 1 user thanked jasonk848 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/05/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Andy  
#2 Posted : 06 May 2013 20:39:08(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
jasonk848 wrote:
Does anyone know if this show is still happening? Its listed on all the tour dates, but not on the Chastain Amphitheaters website and I can't find tickets available anywhere.

They're just not on sale yet. Ticket resellers already taking orders though: SongKick link to TicketNetwork
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/05/2013(UTC)
jasonk848  
#3 Posted : 07 May 2013 05:58:29(UTC)
jasonk848

Man

Ah ok. After looking into it more last night I figured that must be it. Luckily I stopped my friend from paying $111 up front for lawn seats!
ROCKET MICK on 07/05/2013(UTC)
jasonk848  
#4 Posted : 21 May 2013 08:12:42(UTC)
jasonk848

Man

Still no word :/
ROCKET MICK on 21/05/2013(UTC)
Bentley  
#5 Posted : 31 May 2013 17:01:02(UTC)
Bentley

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Tickets go on sale June 2 at 10 am. Can't believe NO are actually playing close by for a change!
thanks 2 users thanked Bentley for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 01/06/2013(UTC), JG on 02/06/2013(UTC)
JG  
#6 Posted : 02 June 2013 08:47:15(UTC)
JG

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 289 post(s)
Bentley wrote:
Tickets go on sale June 2 at 10 am. Can't believe NO are actually playing close by for a change!

Have you got a link?

Ticketmaster just trying to take me through to a secondary seller.
thanks 1 user thanked JG for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/06/2013(UTC)
Bentley  
#7 Posted : 02 June 2013 10:53:16(UTC)
Bentley

JG wrote:
Bentley wrote:

Have you got a link?

Ticketmaster just trying to take me through to a secondary seller.

Individual tickets go on sale on June 15th. For some strange reason the tickets today were only for Chastain's "Series" and you had to purchase tickets for multiple shows. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Seems like I had to dig quite a bit to even find out why individual tickets weren't available and when they went on sale. What a pain in the ass.https://www.chastainseries.com/
thanks 1 user thanked Bentley for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/06/2013(UTC)
Mike C.  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2013 13:35:30(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Chastain show to have general admission pit in front of stage. As stated before, individual tickets on sale 06/15/13. Some reputable third party sites have these tickets for a premium.

So glad there will not be tables of baby boomers in front of the stage eating sushi and pissing off Sumner like they did Morrissey a few years back.

Can't wait for this show.
...in a single breath, this world is gone...
thanks 1 user thanked Mike C. for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/06/2013(UTC)
stomp7  
#9 Posted : 04 June 2013 18:08:21(UTC)
stomp7

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I thought they did individual tickets at a later date, but I couldn't find that info on the website when the tickets went on sale. So I bought a "mini-series" - four NO tickets and one ticket to the cheapest act in Series B - someone I'd never heard of. Cost me $44 extra, I guess, but at least my NO tickets are reserved.
thanks 1 user thanked stomp7 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/06/2013(UTC)
jasonk848  
#10 Posted : 05 June 2013 08:46:24(UTC)
jasonk848

Man

It's weird because the Ticketmaster site says the show is July 18th, but the Chastain site and Live Nation still say the 21st. They also say Jill Scott is the 18th so i'm pretty certain its still the 21st. That being said, this ticket series is pretty dumb.

Where did you see June 15th and a GA Pit?
ROCKET MICK on 06/06/2013(UTC)
jasonk848  
#11 Posted : 15 June 2013 07:31:53(UTC)
jasonk848

Man

A friend got us tickets this morning but he said no GA/pit tickets ever came up. Oh well, the place isn't that big.
thanks 2 users thanked jasonk848 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 16/06/2013(UTC), Mike C. on 16/06/2013(UTC)
Housey  
#12 Posted : 15 June 2013 15:24:36(UTC)
Housey

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Mike C. wrote:
So glad there will not be tables of baby boomers in front of the stage eating sushi and pissing off Sumner like they did Morrissey a few years back.

Who would go to a Morrissey show, sit in the front row and eat animal products? Were they trolling him?
thanks 1 user thanked Housey for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 16/06/2013(UTC)
Mike C.  
#13 Posted : 16 June 2013 16:17:35(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

jasonk848 wrote:
A friend got us tickets this morning but he said no GA/pit tickets ever came up. Oh well, the place isn't that big.

empire tickets, a brick n mortar + online broker, is reputable and have pit tix... for a price!

Disagree on Chastain being ' not that big'. This is one venue where good seats are a must. The seats are very spread out to accommodate coolers/tables (which are not allowed), and with the surrounding neighborhoods the sound is turned WAY down.

Good seats are a must, IMO, for any show at this place. Worst venue in Atlanta.

Edited by user 16 June 2013 16:18:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ROCKET MICK on 19/06/2013(UTC)
jasonk848  
#14 Posted : 22 June 2013 10:20:40(UTC)
jasonk848

Man

hmmm. Apparently this is not where I saw The Cure in 2000 then.
ROCKET MICK on 01/07/2013(UTC)
Mike C.  
#15 Posted : 22 June 2013 15:15:27(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

jasonk848 wrote:
hmmm. Apparently this is not where I saw The Cure in 2000 then.

Believe you are referring to the pre-release show for Bloodflowers which was at The Coca-Cola Roxy. That venue would have been a much better choice, but perhaps too small. It's now called The Buckhead Theatre.
JLA  
#16 Posted : 26 June 2013 03:59:14(UTC)
JLA

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So is the pit in fact general admission and will there be seats? Though it's very frequently the case that general admission tickets are for areas without seats, sometimes there are seats in general admission areas and every seat map I've ever seen for Chastain's pit without tables shows rows of seats and I have never heard of a seat-less pit being used at that venue. And that would be very unusual for Chastain: as mentioned previously, tickets are sold at Chastain in series and the reason there's incentive to buy such tickets is that when you do, you're supposed to get the best seats available (and the more seniority you have in buying series tickets--that is, the more years you've done it--the better tickets you're supposed to get; it's quite a brilliant system). Yet on StubHub, I am seeing that most of those selling pit tickets do have them listed as general admission (though interestingly, a few don't) so I'm thinking that it probably is in fact general admission in the pit. But is it with or without seats?

Like jasonk848's friend, I was online looking for tickets when they went on sale on 6/15 but pit tickets didn't ever come up for me. However, I was putting in Best Available and if for some reason the LiveNation system deems Orchestra F and beyond to be better than Pit then that could explain it. That would be wacky, but anything is possible. I would have thought that the situation was that the pit tickets were sold to the series ticket holders but if the pit is general admission then even if there are seats in that area, I would be surprised if the series ticket holders got those tickets.

stomp7, I would be interested to hear what tickets you got from buying the series. I would have taken the same approach you did except I thought I still wouldn't come out with very good tickets because I thought the best ones would all go to the series ticket holders and I would be best to buy tickets from them when they resell. Bear in mind that historically speaking, many series ticket holders do resell their seats for any given show because it's not that they buy the series tickets wanting to go to every show, it's that they buy the series tickets wanting to get the best seats so they have them for any shows they do want to attend. I will be bummed at not buying the series if you ended up with general admission pit tickets and the pit will have seats.

While I'm here, I'll make a couple of comments pursuant to what other posters have said:

Mike C. said "disagree on Chastain being ' not that big'. The seats are very spread out to accommodate coolers/tables (which are not allowed), and with the surrounding neighborhoods the sound is turned WAY down. Good seats are a must, IMO, for any show at this place. Worst venue in Atlanta." It's hard to say it better than that! I agree that Chastain is the worst venue, at least the worst large venue in Atlanta. And I agree that Chastain is indeed a large venue and that good tickets are key here. In the past, matters were made even worse by the sound simply not being that good but I think these days they've worked that out--but you do need to be down fairly close to the stage, I think not so much to get the right volume as to get the proper sound mix. As far as size goes, while the capacity is 6900 and that's smaller than a number of other venues, as Mike C. notes, the rows are incredibly spaced out. If you were to get tickets in Orchestra A right in the middle, you would be amazed at how far back you would be in light of those being tickets that sound like they would pretty good--and then of course it only gets worse from there.

Mike C. also said "so glad there will not be tables of baby boomers in front of the stage eating sushi and pissing off Sumner like they did Morrissey a few years back." This goes along with his "worst venue in Atlanta" comment I'm sure. This is of course all related to the series ticket holders and the tables. Chastain is a really fun place where you can enjoy a nice evening outdoors with friends, a nice meal, and some great music--but unfortunately, oftentimes those who attend forget about enjoying the music and as a result, Chastain can be a really terrible place to see a concert when you do actually care about the concert. In other words, it's not a bad place in theory but more often than not, it is a bad place in practice. This is because the best tickets are sold as part of series and because you get better tickets the longer you've been buying the series, there's an a double incentive (you have to buy everything and you have to buy it every year to get the best seats) to buy tickets to shows you don't really care about. And so as a result, for a typical Chastain show (the kind that allows coolers), the typical Chastain crowd shows up--and that typical Chastain crowd is there for the atmosphere and a meal with friends, not whomever happens to be on stage. Therefore, it is truly a great thing that the New Order show will be without tables and without coolers: that really should help to keep the "I'm here for the atmosphere" crowd away. Housey, I hope that answers your question "who would go to a Morrissey show, sit in the front row, and eat animal products": it wasn't personal to him and they probably had no idea that it might offend him (but honestly, if that would offend him, he needs to suck it up: he's there to perform, not dictate what people eat).

Anyway, if the pit tickets are general admission WITH seats, I'm hoping to get hold of some for a reasonable price sometime soon!
thanks 1 user thanked JLA for this useful post.
jasonk848  
#17 Posted : 26 June 2013 10:29:06(UTC)
jasonk848

Man

Thanks for all the great input (albeit not good news). I wish I would have bought the tickets for my group instead of letting a friend who wasn't as familiar with the whole process. I had plans that morning. In retrospect we should have just done the series, but I had the same thoughts - the series people already bought theirs or good tickets would be available that morning.

Anyways - I can't remember off the top of my head where our seats are and at this point I don't want to know. I'm looking forward to a good show and have to hope for the best.

And yes, the Roxy was the amphitheater I was thinking of, but both of these are much, much smaller than the 20,000 capacity at the Midflorida Amphitheater here in Tampa (where I saw Depeche Mode, etc). It, too is an awful place for sound.

At least the show is happening and its in 25 days!!

Any tips on hotels? I'm supposed to be researching those in the next few days. I would love to walk there if possible.
Mike C.  
#18 Posted : 28 June 2013 11:14:35(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

Called 404-733-5000. This box office serves multiple venues, and customer service rep 'Brittney' stated that there will be no tables, no chairs in the gen admin pit.
JG  
#19 Posted : 14 July 2013 09:37:37(UTC)
JG

Can anyone who knows the area & wants a beer before hand, suggest a pre-gig meet?
ROCKET MICK on 15/07/2013(UTC)
Mike C.  
#20 Posted : 19 July 2013 13:52:47(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

I've not been in that area for a while -- the bar I used to frequent closed down. The are lots of places along Roswell Road. There is a Three Dollar Café close by which has a great patio and full bar. Good wings too!

I'll be in the parking lot jamming all the New Order tunes we're not going to hear. Subculture, Sabotage, Vanishing Point, Let's Go, Brutal, Someone Like You, Mr. Disco, Transmission, Sooner Than You Think, yadda yadda.........

Hope its not too humid!
ROCKET MICK on 19/07/2013(UTC)
jasonk848  
#21 Posted : 20 July 2013 14:31:34(UTC)
jasonk848

Man

Wow, tomorrow is finally here! We're staying at the Hyatt nearby, will walk around in the afternoon looking for somewhere to spend preshow. I'll post here.

Lets hope for an amazing show!
ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2013(UTC)
Bentley  
#22 Posted : 21 July 2013 10:28:55(UTC)
Bentley

Heading that way in a few hours. Looking forward to the show!
ROCKET MICK on 21/07/2013(UTC)
Bentley  
#23 Posted : 21 July 2013 14:46:01(UTC)
Bentley

And of course it's raining... nifty.
JG  
#24 Posted : 21 July 2013 15:02:56(UTC)
JG

Headed straight to the venue.

Billy Caldwell from Manchester (ex Hacienda) is DJing for them.
JG  
#25 Posted : 21 July 2013 22:11:56(UTC)
JG

Amazing gig, considering the rain fall. Everyone got drenched, but the spirits stayed high & the rain stopped just before New Order came on stage - divine intervention. Crew did an amazing job getting everything ready. But the Georgia crowd were out there. Proper southern hospitality ;-)