logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
perspexorange  
#1 Posted : 23 April 2018 23:08:10(UTC)
perspexorange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Hello.

Back in the day, I used to have a whole host of radio interviews, audio documentaries on the band etc. recorded onto cassette, in varying quality. Most of these are sadly now lost to time.

It would therefore be nice to try and get digital copies of this stuff.
So this is a general shout-out to any other fans that have any radio stuff on mp3 etc.

I’m especially looking for stuff from the 80s / 90s, but would still be very interested in anything from the 00s and beyond.
Am also interested in similar material of any of the splinter bands too (Revenge, Electronic etc.), along with other related interviews (Wilson, Saville, Hannett, Factory etc.).

If anyone can help me out, that would be great. PM me if you can or post here.

Many thanks.
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Rorschach on 24/04/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/04/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
NotAMod  
#2 Posted : 24 April 2018 02:55:53(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1033 time(s) in 653 post(s)
I recorded the entire November 1998 John Peel show which had the full line-up (including Gillian) chatting with John, choosing influential tracks (Sex Pistols, etc) and we also got to hear the 5 x new Peel Session tracks which were much sought after at the time. They weren't commercially released until 6 years later on the In Session compilation, which itself has become bit of a rarity. I remember editing together a transfer of the Peel Session tracks, which was of a pretty respectable quality at the time, but didn't bother with the interview segments, a missed opportunity. When In Session came out it took me ages to get used to the mastering as I'd been listening to my own transfer for years up to that point (!)

I purposely used 2 x Metal-standard tapes at the time which were really good quality... I still have them somewhere but alas no tape deck. Finding and digitising them into a 2 x CDr album has long been a goal of mine.

It might even be worth the purchase of a reasonable tape deck alone.

I wish there was a service the BBC offered where you could email in, pay a reasonable fee, and have them send you a copy of what is in the archives. Those transcription discs of live gigs have forever gone for silly money.
thanks 2 users thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
Debaser  
#3 Posted : 24 April 2018 05:02:38(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NotAMod Go to Quoted Post

I purposely used 2 x Metal-standard tapes at the time which were really good quality... I still have them somewhere but alas no tape deck. Finding and digitising them into a 2 x CDr album has long been a goal of mine.

It might even be worth the purchase of a reasonable tape deck alone.

Hmm I have attempted three different versions of a reply but each time the Forum tells me "this message was rejected because it was spam".
WTF??? Black eye
So, short version: there used to be a well known chain of camera shops that could do this conversion for you. There are other places online that still can.
Might be less hassle than getting a tape deck.
I'll send you the original version of my post by PM (if the forum will let me), considering I went to the trouble of doing links and stuff...

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#4 Posted : 24 April 2018 06:39:46(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
^ Yep, I’ve had that “spam” problem sometimes. Usually when I’ve edited a post when I click submit again it thinks I’m a spammer.

Been hundreds of radio things over the years . I remember obtaining some early 80s ones on cassette through NME back page ads, stuff like a Manchester Piccadilly radio one from 83/84 and one or two others. Long lost now.

I remember listening to a two
part Radio 1 thing around early 88 , it was on over a couple of Saturday afternoon 1 hour slots and was Radio 1 catching the 87/88 popularity of New Order with the success of Substance. It was more of a documentary than interviews. I recorded all the session songs from the Peel Dec 98 thing. But as for digital versions that I still have, the one that first springs to mind is one I have of Bernard being interviewed by Jo Whiley on Radio 1 in about November 98, or at least for years I had it titled as Jo Whiley interview with Bernard but I think some years ago I listened to it and it didn’t sound like Jo Whiley so I’m not sure but I am sure I have it as an mp3. I could have sworn I heard it live when it was first broadcast. When I get time I’ll look it up in my files and see what else I have.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/04/2018(UTC)
perspexorange  
#5 Posted : 24 April 2018 13:09:42(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: NotAMod Go to Quoted Post
I recorded the entire November 1998 John Peel show which had the full line-up (including Gillian) chatting with John, choosing influential tracks (Sex Pistols, etc) and we also got to hear the 5 x new Peel Session tracks which were much sought after at the time. They weren't commercially released until 6 years later on the In Session compilation, which itself has become bit of a rarity. I remember editing together a transfer of the Peel Session tracks, which was of a pretty respectable quality at the time, but didn't bother with the interview segments, a missed opportunity. When In Session came out it took me ages to get used to the mastering as I'd been listening to my own transfer for years up to that point (!)

I remember talking to a friend of mine at the Ally Pally gig on New Year's Eve 1998 and he informed me of the session, which had been played a few days before.
I remember cursing that I had missed it. But I think I got a copy not long after. Quite a decent session. Wish I'd heard the interview. Would be good to hear it now.

Weirdly, I didn't buy the 'In Session' CD when it came out. I was going through a (thankfully short) period of my life where the band weren't really doing it for me (had been turned off by the constant 'best of's and remixes). Then, when I duly tried to purchase the CD, it was going for silly money. Got a CD rip which lasted me until three years or so ago, until I managed to pick up the original CD for about £25.

Edited by user 24 April 2018 13:23:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#6 Posted : 24 April 2018 13:22:20(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
^ Yep, I’ve had that “spam” problem sometimes. Usually when I’ve edited a post when I click submit again it thinks I’m a spammer.

Been hundreds of radio things over the years . I remember obtaining some early 80s ones on cassette through NME back page ads, stuff like a Manchester Piccadilly radio one from 83/84 and one or two others. Long lost now.

I remember listening to a two part Radio 1 thing around early 88 , it was on over a couple of Saturday afternoon 1 hour slots and was Radio 1 catching the 87/88 popularity of New Order with the success of Substance. It was more of a documentary than interviews. I recorded all the session songs from the Peel Dec 98 thing. But as for digital versions that I still have, the one that first springs to mind is one I have of Bernard being interviewed by Jo Whiley on Radio 1 in about November 98, or at least for years I had it titled as Jo Whiley interview with Bernard but I think some years ago I listened to it and it didn’t sound like Jo Whiley so I’m not sure but I am sure I have it as an mp3. I could have sworn I heard it live when it was first broadcast. When I get time I’ll look it up in my files and see what else I have.

Yeah - I think there are probably hundreds of radio interviews and documentaries out there. There probably aren't too many from the 1980-1992 period though, due to their 'limited press coverage' stance at the time. It only got a bit daft from 1993 onwards. Same with the TV appearances. New Order interviews were a real treat back in the day. These days, it seems anyone can film a brief interview and stick it online. Not that I'm complaining though - always good to see new stuff.

I'm thinking that there shouldn't be too much out there in regards to 80s radio stuff so, in theory, it should be relatively easy to collect. Providing it's in the hands of fans generous enough to give me copies, of course. Wink

Still, I'm interested in absolutely anything out there, folks; not just the early stuff.

That 1988 two-parter sounds great. It also sounds familiar. I may well have had that some years ago (sadly no more).

I'd certainly be interested in the 'Jo Whiley' thing and anything else you've got. Thanks!
Michael Monkhouse  
#7 Posted : 25 April 2018 01:48:03(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
I also taped the interview - session from December 1998, but I jumped the songs they chose. No one cares that I did this, not even me. The best thing about the sesh was it was the first 'proper' release of the Perfecto True Faith mash-up, but the Novelty Has Gone (see what etc). It was broadcast slap bang between the two Temptation 'events'.
I also taped the hour-long 93 Radio One doc 'How Does It Feeel?' (with John Peel again, featuring all the band plus Wilson), but my parents must've thrown it outa the house. They threw ME out of the fucking house, why the fuck would they keep hold of a New Order doc?
PS One for the trainspotters http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/New_Order - when Peelie first played Blue Monday, he said it was quite boring. He had a point.

Edited by user 25 April 2018 05:54:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#8 Posted : 25 April 2018 05:57:35(UTC)
Fotz

Found a few mp3s of interviews i have.The 'Jo Whiley' one is definitely not Jo Whiley but it's labelled Radio 1 interview 11/98.Don't know who the lady interviewing Bernard is and i doubt it was even Radio 1.Bernard did get interviewed by Jo Whiley on Radio 1 around that time because i remember listening to it at work and she played World In Motion from Reading 98 but the mp3 i have i'm now pretty sure isn't it.The one i have is about 17 minutes.I also have a 'Republic' interview, not the May 93 Radio 1 Evening Session one though.Also have an Ian Curtis interview form 1980 , Radio Blackburn or something .Obtained that one a fair few years back now.
Blue 5  
#9 Posted : 25 April 2018 06:35:44(UTC)
Blue 5

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Before anyone goes to the time and trouble of ripping old media, I have the following in perfect MP3 form.

- The entire 1 hour Peel Interview from 1998 mentioned above
- Something called "How Does it Feel" from 1993 - probably the Jo Whiley one?
- A 2-parter from 1988 called "Substance"

If someone creates a share somewhere I can upload them...
thanks 2 users thanked Blue 5 for this useful post.
perspexorange on 25/04/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/04/2018(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#10 Posted : 25 April 2018 06:52:44(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blue 5 Go to Quoted Post

That was the one I meant - John Peel interviewing the four plus Tony Wilson on - THAT'S RIGHT - the 'history'. My favourite parts (after Mel C's shoulderblades) are 'Electronic have been knocking out the hits' (ah yes, they never stop), and nerdy Steve saying 'We've made an album and we hope it won't be like the Sphynx or the Pyramids: something people only discover after we're dead.' Still, nowhere near the NOStory cringe factor.

Edited by user 25 April 2018 06:55:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
50 Pound Note  
#11 Posted : 25 April 2018 07:21:07(UTC)
50 Pound Note

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 174 post(s)

The Substance ones are essential. I wanted to post them to the Recycle blog.
thanks 1 user thanked 50 Pound Note for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#12 Posted : 25 April 2018 09:48:22(UTC)
Fotz

The Jo Whiley one i'm thinking of was from 1998 because Bernard was talking about how they had got back together and had done Reading 98 a few months before and Jo Whiley played World In Motion from Reading 98.I remember the 1988 Substance 2 parter on Radio 1, John Peel talked about how awesome the February 1981 Heaven gig was.The December 1998 Peel interview was on the night December 30th and was sandwiched between the night of the Manchester Evening News Arena gig Dec 29th and the Alexandra Palace gig December 31st 1998.I recall Gillian selecting Candi Staton You've Got The Love as one of her favourite records.
Fotzepolitic  
#13 Posted : 25 April 2018 10:20:11(UTC)
Fotz

Well i chucked on YouTube what i have (17 minutes) of a 1998 radio interview with Bernard.This is the one i had for years titled as the Jo Whiley one but i'm now sure that lady isn't Jo Whiley.

thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
perspexorange on 25/04/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/04/2018(UTC)
Debaser  
#14 Posted : 25 April 2018 11:28:21(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
i'm now sure that lady isn't Jo Whiley.

Is it Annie Nightingale?

Incidentally I suspect the record for longest audio interview with Bernard is probably this (fairly recent) one that you also uploaded to YT Mr Fotzepolitic:

thanks 3 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Fotz on 25/04/2018(UTC), perspexorange on 25/04/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/04/2018(UTC)
perspexorange  
#15 Posted : 25 April 2018 13:50:02(UTC)
perspexorange

Before anyone goes to the time and trouble of ripping old media, I have the following in perfect MP3 form.

Many thanks for the offer of a share. I'd love these.
I'm not really sure how to create a 'share' though. If anyone is familiar with how to set something like that up, could they possibly help out?

Alternatively, I usually use WeTransfer.com to share files. The sender adds the email of the person they're sending the files to and, once the files are uploaded, a link to the files is then sent to the recipient. Never had an issue with them. If all else fails, perhaps this might be a good way to get the files to me and others.

Thanks again for the offer; it would be great to hear these.
perspexorange  
#16 Posted : 25 April 2018 13:51:55(UTC)
perspexorange

Well i chucked on YouTube what i have (17 minutes) of a 1998 radio interview with Bernard.This is the one i had for years titled as the Jo Whiley one but i'm now sure that lady isn't Jo Whiley.

Great! Thanks for this. Nice to hear.
perspexorange  
#17 Posted : 25 April 2018 13:54:35(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
i'm now sure that lady isn't Jo Whiley.

Is it Annie Nightingale?

Incidentally I suspect the record for longest audio interview with Bernard is probably this (fairly recent) one that you also uploaded to YT Mr Fotzepolitic:

I noticed this a few days ago. Pretty good interview. Thanks for the upload Fotz.

BTW, I don't know why but I can't seem to 'multi-quote' on my posts. Not sure why. So, apologies for me having to split my posts. I guess it bumps my post count though! Wink
Blue 5  
#18 Posted : 26 April 2018 02:05:44(UTC)
Blue 5

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)

As promised:

https://drive.google.com...YdM3JM8votQg?usp=sharing

I hope you guys like them.
thanks 4 users thanked Blue 5 for this useful post.
perspexorange on 26/04/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/04/2018(UTC), Rorschach on 22/02/2020(UTC), TomVeil on 24/10/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#19 Posted : 26 April 2018 09:21:20(UTC)
perspexorange

As promised:

Brilliant! Many thanks for these. I look forward to listening to them.

I also have a 'Republic' interview, not the May 93 Radio 1 Evening Session one though.

Sorry - I missed this earlier. I'd love to hear it. Any chance of a share or upload to youtube?

PS Thanks to Debaser - I appear to have got the hang of multi-quotes now. It will save me spamming the thread.

perspexorange  
#20 Posted : 27 April 2018 09:29:44(UTC)
perspexorange

As promised:

Just been listening to the interview labelled 11/03/83.
It appears to be the Radio 1 ‘Rock On’ broadcast from 12/03/83, which I already had a copy of.

However, what’s odd about your version is that it differs from the broadcast version. It contains various bits that weren’t broadcast, including bits where they talk about having to ‘redo’ certain sections of the interview. In other words, it’s the rough edits.
There’s some great little bits where the interviewer (Richard Skinner?) makes various ‘off air’ comments asking whether the band were deliberately sending him up etc. Nice.

So, this is very intriguing. Can I ask how you got hold of this little gem?
perspexorange  
#21 Posted : 28 April 2018 07:24:02(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Music Complete Go to Quoted Post

The Substance ones are essential. I wanted to post them to the Recycle blog.

Hey - it's never too late. Perhaps you guys could reconvene and do some other NO/JD related projects. Restoring interviews or other such stuff.

Just listening to the 'Substance' documentary now and you are right; it is excellent. Great candid interviews, really good choice of songs played etc.

Might be nice for classic interviews of this nature to get heard by more fans; the Recycle blog had an impressive following and would be a good vessel for stuff like this.
perspexorange  
#22 Posted : 21 February 2020 11:34:54(UTC)
perspexorange

Just thought I'd resurrect this old thread as I'm still trying to find quite a few radio interviews that exist / that I used to have.

About a week or two ago, I came upon a listing that I made of my cassette tapes back in the mid 90s and this listed various radio interviews. I still thought I had the tapes in question, so thought I'd try to transfer them digitally. I dug out a 3mm headphone jack and researched how to record from cassette (a simple thing to do, it seems, with QuickTime).

I then popped along to my mum's to retrieve said tapes...

only to find that they are missing!

Who knows where they are? I can't imagine that I binned them (I rarely throw anything away).

Seeing all the interviews I used to have and realising that I don't still have them has made me a little fed up.Frown

So, I'm on the scrounge to see if anyone has these lurking on a hard-drive, or potentially on a cassette that they wouldn't mind ripping for me (or lending me, maybe).

I can't say that I used to have all of these, but these are the ones I'm specifically after:

xx/03/1983 - 'The Jeff Cooper Show', BBC Radio Manchester, 03/83 (band introduce the first play of 'Blue Monday')
xx/12/1983 - 'Smash Hits' Xmas Message, 1983 (1 minute)
17/05/1985 - Telephone Interview - Powerhouse, Melbourne soundcheck, 17/05/85 (Gilbert) (5 minutes)
07/06/1985 - 'Black Rain', VPRO, Dutch Radio, 1985 (30 minutes)
1986 - Feature, Radio Scorpio, 1986 (4 x 60 minute episodes)
18/05/1986 - 'Sunday Surprise', New Zealand Campus Radio, 18/05/86 (120 minutes)
xx/10/1986 - Radio RTE, 10/86
19/10/1986 - Interview, The Fall gig, Roxy Hollywood, 19/10/86 (Mason) (10 minutes)
25/10/1986 - 'City To City - Episode 5: Manchester', BBC Radio 1, 25/10/86 (Hook) (60 minutes)
xx/02/1987 - Auckland Radio, 02/87 (2 minutes)
11/06/1987 - 'Bruno Brookes Show', BBC Radio 1, 11/06/87 (Hook on answerphone) (1 minute)
24/08/1987 - 'Bruno Brookes Show', BBC Radio 1, 24/08/87 (1 minute)
21/03/1988 - 'Showbiz Today', 21/03/88
19/05/1988 - BBC Radio 1, 19/05/88 (Wilson) (10 minutes)
23/01/1989 - French Radio, 23/01/89 (15 minutes)
21/03/1989 - 'The Spencer MacDonald Show', Piccadilly 1152, 21/03/89 (Sumner)
21/03/1989 - 'The Mark Findlay Show', Aberdeen Radio, 21/03/89 (Hook)

18/05/1990 - 'Joy Division Special', DT64 (East Germany), 18/05/90 (120 minutes)
18/05/1990 - 'Love Will Tear Us Up The Charts', Triple J FM, Australian Radio, 18/05/90 (feature on LWTUA) (45 minutes) (may be 18/05/92)
18/05/1990 - 'Les Inrockuptibles' French Radio, 18/05/90 (JD biography) (70 minutes)
21/05/1990 - 'BBC Look North', 21/05/90 (5 minutes)
xx/06/1990 - Piccadilly Key 103, 06/90 (Hook)
17/06/1990 - 'The Bill Shaw Show', NorthSound Radio, Aberdeen, 17/06/90 (Hook)
xx/07/1990 - 'The Making Of World In Motion', Piccadilly Key 103, 07/90 (Sumner, Hook, Mrris, Wilson, Hague, Allen & Barnes)
08/08/1990 - 'Third Summer' (Manchester Special), BBC Radio 1, 08/08/90 (60 minutes) (Wilson)
23/08/1990 - Radio NDR, 23/08/90 (50 minutes)
xx/xx/1991 - Interview, Early 1991 (Hook)
09/09/1991 - 'Newsbeat', BBC Radio 1, 09/09/91 (Morris)
08/01/1991 - GMR, 08/01/91 (Hook) (Revenge)
10/10/1991 - Interview, 10/10/91 (Wilson) (20 minutes)
xx/11/1991 - BBC Radio 1 (Morris & Gilbert), 11/91 (2 minutes)
xx/11/1991 - 'Hit The North', BBC Radio 5, 11/91 (Morris & Gilbert)
11/01/1992 - BBC Radio 1, 11/01/92 (Wilson)
29/01/1992 - 'Hit The North', BBC Radio 5, 29/01/92 (Hook & Potts) (Revenge)
26/02/1992 - 'Mark Goodier Show', BBC Radio 1, 26/02/92 (25 minutes)
20/03/1992 - Radio Scotland, 20/03/92 (Wilson)
18/05/1992 - JJJ-FM, 18/05/92 (LWTUA Special) (45 minutes)
15/09/1992 - BBC Radio 1, 15/09/92 (5 minutes)
24/11/1992 - 'Newsbeat', BBC Radio 1, 24/11/92 (Factory) (5 minutes)
06/02/1993 - 'Kaleidoscope', BBC Radio 4, 06/02/93 (Feature on Factory)
19/04/1993 - 'Mark Goodier's Evening Session', BBC Radio 1 (Sumner), 19/04/93 (14 minutes)
20/04/1993 - 'Mark Goodier's Evening Session', BBC Radio 1, 20/04/94 (Hook) (10 minutes)
21/04/1993 - 'New Order Night', BBC Radio 5 Live, 21/04/93 (Hook) (10 minutes)
21/04/1993 - 'Mark Goodier's Evening Session', BBC Radio 1, 21/04/93 (Gilbert) (8 minutes)
22/04/1993 - 'Mark Goodier's Evening Session', BBC Radio 1, 22/04/93 (Morris) (6 minutes)
23/04/1993 - 'New Order To New Order', BBC Radio 1, 23/04/93
24/04/1993 - Piccadilly Key 103, 24/04/93 (15 minutes)
28/04/1993 - 'Hit The North - Cook With Hook', BBC Radio 5 Live, 28/04/93 (Hook)
xx/05/1993 - KROQ-FM Radio, 05/93 (1 minute)
12/05/1993 - 'Hit The North - Cook With Hook', BBC Radio 5 Live, 12/05/93 (Hook)
19/05/1993 - 'Hit The North - Cook With Hook', BBC Radio 5 Live, 19/05/93 (Hook)
26/05/1993 - 'Hit The North - Cook With Hook', BBC Radio 5 Live, 26/05/93 (Hook)
01/06/1993 - 'Cult Radio', BBC Radio 5 Live, 01/06/93 ("New Order re-invent The War of the Worlds")
09/06/1993 - 'Hit The North - Cook With Hook', BBC Radio 5 Live, 09/06/93 (Hook)
11/08/1993 - 'Hit The North', BBC Radio 5, 11/08/93 (Hook) (Cook With Hook?)
25/08/1993 - 'Hit The North - Cook With Hook', BBC Radio 5, 25/08/93 (Hook)
30/12/1993 - 'BBC Radio 1, 30/12/93
10/11/1994 - 'Soundbite', BBC Radio 1, 10/11/94 (retospective)
18/12/1994 - 'The Art of Noise - Part 3: Electric Dreams', BBC Radio 1,18/12/94 (Hook features)

07/04/2002 - 'The Weekend News', BBC Radio 5 Live, 07/04/02 (Featuring a report on New Order's film soundtrack)
03/06/2002 - 'Lamacq Live - What If Punk Never Happened?', BBC Radio 1, 03/06/02 (New Order & Wilson feature)

NB I know the 'Cook With Hook' features are on YouTube (which I have ripped), but I have a feeling that there's more of these and I don't know which dates I have, so have left them on the list.

Long, long list, eh?

If anyone can find even a handful of these, I'd be really happy, and it would go some way to easing the pain of losing those tapes.
Please don't be put off by the length of the list. Please have a look through and search those hard-drives / cassettes.
If you want to focus on anything, I'm after the 80s / early 90s interviews mostly, so that should narrow things down a bit.

As always, with me, I'm up for a trade and have a tonne of other interviews.

Edited by user 21 September 2020 08:24:52(UTC)  | Reason: Edited to remove acquired radio interviews

ROCKET MICK on 22/02/2020(UTC)
Fotz  
#23 Posted : 21 February 2020 12:18:49(UTC)
Fotz

Yikes, that's a big list and i haven't a single one of them and don't remember or was ever aware of most of 'em.One i do remember is the 27/09/87 one on Radio 1.Seem to recall i somehow got it taped even though i was away in Blackpool for the weekend for a mad one.I either set a timer to record on a stereo or got my mum to record it but i definitely remember not hearing it til i got back after the weekend.It was mostly Wilson actually, going on about a film he had planned called The Mad Fuckers and which was to be a tale of well,some mad fuckers set on the roads between Manchester and Blackpool.It never got made, obviously.

What was that Peter Hook thing that was on Radio 1 one evening in around early March 1986? I remember listening and it was him talking about and playing his all time fave tracks and ending with JD , Atmosphere? Anyone remember that one? Didn't tape it and the 27/09/87 thing i lost years ago.
perspexorange  
#24 Posted : 21 February 2020 12:47:40(UTC)
perspexorange

Thanks for the recollections of the 27/09/87 thing, Fotz. It might help me to identify it, if I happen to come across it unlabelled on a tape.

I'm not sure about that Hooky thing where he played Atmosphere.
Looking through my spreadsheet of stuff I have vs stuff I need, the only thing I've got labelled up as being Hook related on Radio 1 in 1986 is this:

25/10/1986 - 'City To City - Episode 5: Manchester', BBC Radio 1, 25/10/86 (Hook) (60 minutes)

The date seems a bit off, but the length of the programme seems typical of something where he may have been presenting a programme and playing some tunes.
Alternatively, there's a reasonable chance that it's a programme I don't have listed.

As regards the length of the list, I know; it's a bit gargantuan.
I'm surprised there's that many radio shows that I don't have.

I'm not holding out much hope that this post will result in finding these missing interviews, but it's always worth an ask.
However, looking back on this thread, I did get some very nice items from the people on this thread already (thank you all!), so here's hoping that this resurrection, and list of missing items, leads to some hunting down of stuff. I've also posted a similar thread on JD Central.

Fingers crossed...

Fotz  
#25 Posted : 21 February 2020 13:36:54(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the recollections of the 27/09/87 thing, Fotz. It might help me to identify it, if I happen to come across it unlabelled on a tape.

I'm not sure about that Hooky thing where he played Atmosphere.
Looking through my spreadsheet of stuff I have vs stuff I need, the only thing I've got labelled up as being Hook related on Radio 1 in 1986 is this:

The date seems a bit off, but the length of the programme seems typical of something where he may have been presenting a programme and playing some tunes.
Alternatively, there's a reasonable chance that it's a programme I don't have listed.

Could have been a repeat on 25/10/86, who knows.The "City To City" thing rings vague bells, like it was a series and Hook's part was one of them.Looking at Genome's listings for March 1986 , Radio 1 it's Janice Long from 19.30 til 22.00 then Peel so buggered why i recall anything else on around that time of evening in that period.Unless the City To City thing formed the 21.00 til 22.00 section of Janice Long's show around March 1986.I'm sure also Hook played Ride A White Swan.Well anyway, i haven't the energy or time enthusiasm or motivation to think about it any further.

Edited by user 21 February 2020 13:38:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified