logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ken Doherty  
#101 Posted : 28 May 2019 07:51:01(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ken Doherty Go to Quoted Post

I've booked to go because it looks like I'm never going to get to see it otherwise, .

Download here

Cheers but I'm going to wait for the screening now, but at least I can go back to that afterwards for repeat viewings.
thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 18/06/2019(UTC)
Ken Doherty  
#102 Posted : 24 June 2019 01:30:33(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)
So I finally got round to seeing this on Saturday at the Ace Hotel in Shoreditch: I'm glad I waited to see it on a reasonably sized screen at a decent volume rather than seeing it on YouTube (it wasn't exactly a THX setup but it was better than seeing it on a PC monitor or TV screen).

I enjoyed it but I wouldn't be in a rush to see it again: nice to see the interviews with the band, Peter Savile, Jon Savage & Co. but it seemed an awfully long time until we got to see a full song. I stuck round for the Q&A with Mike Christie afterwards, during which he mentioned that this won't get a download/dvd release until its been screened in the U.S., they didn't have enough money to film the whole concert in Vienna (there were only two other songs filmed, Shellshock and Vanishing Point that didn't make it into the final film) and also that they are still 'messing about' with the Alexandra Palace footage.

He also mentioned some other projects that he is working on with New Order, but wouldn't say any more than that, so I'm guessing its possible that either some of this years shows are being filmed,or he is/has been working on films to be back projected during these shows.

thanks 2 users thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 26/06/2019(UTC), Sportak-Mustgo on 29/06/2019(UTC)
Sportak-Mustgo  
#103 Posted : 29 June 2019 00:25:00(UTC)
Sportak-Mustgo

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken Doherty Go to Quoted Post
So I finally got round to seeing this on Saturday at the Ace Hotel in Shoreditch: I'm glad I waited to see it on a reasonably sized screen at a decent volume rather than seeing it on YouTube (it wasn't exactly a THX setup but it was better than seeing it on a PC monitor or TV screen).

I enjoyed it but I wouldn't be in a rush to see it again: nice to see the interviews with the band, Peter Savile, Jon Savage & Co. but it seemed an awfully long time until we got to see a full song. I stuck round for the Q&A with Mike Christie afterwards, during which he mentioned that this won't get a download/dvd release until its been screened in the U.S., they didn't have enough money to film the whole concert in Vienna (there were only two other songs filmed, Shellshock and Vanishing Point that didn't make it into the final film) and also that they are still 'messing about' with the Alexandra Palace footage.

He also mentioned some other projects that he is working on with New Order, but wouldn't say any more than that, so I'm guessing its possible that either some of this years shows are being filmed,or he is/has been working on films to be back projected during these shows.

Thanks for this Ken, it's good to get the info regarding potential DVD release (or lack of) direct from Mike Christie
I was fortunate to attend one of the MIF MCR shows & also the 2nd Vienna MIF gig - with 35-yrs of attending NO gigs, the MIF shows are absolutely right up there for me (still pushing artistic boundaries after all these years!) & for selfish reasons, I would love them to get a DVD release.
The statement about not having enough money to film the whole of the Vienna concert is interesting as the cameras where certainly there/active throughout …….. to the detriment of audience view at times.
I wonder if next years' Miami residency gives the band some scope for again devising something special with Christie?

thanks 1 user thanked Sportak-Mustgo for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/10/2019(UTC)