logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#176 Posted : 24 March 2019 04:10:49(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NotAMod Go to Quoted Post
I would imagine the prospect of the other albums receiving 'The Definitive Edition' treatment will be based on the sales of the Movement set. If nobody buys it or it's a flop then why they pour money into more? Seems logical.

Personally speaking, I am quite pleased with what I have seen and heard so far compared with the last decades' efforts which were piss-poor thanks to Warners. My only negatives would be; yes, the twelve inch reissues and box-set itself are a tad pricey and no download codes with the singles is baffling for a conglomerate of Warners' status; they can clearly afford the server space and it is 2019. That said, no-one is forcing anyone to buy these.

However like Joy Division fans getting pissed off with New Order emerging in 1980s the 'I already own all the Factory originals' brigade (of which I am a fully paid up member) whinging arbitrarily probably means they are doing something right. I have seen it elsewhere on social media; this bizarre 'circling wagons' mentality over something supposedly they love so much being outrageously reissued 3 decades later (the cheek). Most of what I have read is just showing off, the usual "I was here first... so you can fuck off"... how terribly hip and above it all.

The majority of regular fans have been neglected via a surplus of Best Ofs for years with all the common tracks and now they're finally reissuing the good stuff... it's a cause for Celebration (no pun).

It can only be good for the band if their back catalogue finally gets the suitable treatment it deserves.

Yep I agree, the logical thing will be to see how well the Movement box sells before entertaining the idea of any more. I’m curious to see how well the box does.Though you could argue a box of later, more popular albums like say Technique would might sell more.Movement might not sell well, we’ll have to wait and see, but a Technique box might fare better. Impossible to say. But obviously the place to start is chronologicaly at the start, the first album.

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2019(UTC)
Debaser  
#177 Posted : 24 March 2019 04:39:05(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post

Though you could argue a box of later, more popular albums like say Technique would might sell more.Movement might not sell well,

I had this thought too. Movement is my least favourite of the Factory albums. Although it probably has the best extras.
It's good that previously unreleased stuff will come out (e.g. Hurrahs). Once it's out there, it's out there. But I haven't rushed to put in my pre-order.

Perhaps slightly off topic, but watching Hook & The Light play Movement live at London's Koko is the most I've enjoyed this album. Somehow the live performance added some, eh...life to the thing. I wonder if he'll consider doing it again if the box set is a success (*waiting for cynical comments to follow*).

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2019(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#178 Posted : 25 March 2019 02:43:52(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 50poundnote Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if any of these variances are deliberate or just the standard 'f**k ups' that we've come to rely on with NO releases.

We're talking about singles that are nearly 40 years old. If the original artwork prepped for printing still exists, it's likely in poor shape. I think they've done the best they can to replicate the feel of the original artwork, while bringing it forward. For example, the original green sleeve Ceremony has a border closer to the edge of the sleeve, while the cream sleeve has it closer to the center. The two new versions have identical proportions, so sitting side by side they look balanced. Maybe the original EGG was meant to have the front image turned 90 degrees, and it was printed wrong *then*, and since they've fixed the song titles on the back, they've also corrected the front.

I've got the originals, so I really don't mind the changes - they look, feel - and most importantly SOUND - terrific. :)

That's a fair point - they DO sound brilliant. I was genuinely surprised at the lack of surface noise and the clarity of the pressing. Quite often these "new" reissues look great but don't appear to have had any quality control on the pressing.

I'm by no means a completist but I have gathered most of the Factory era 12"s over the years, and it's been a minefield of people mis-grading stuff. To be able to get brand new guaranteed quality replicas for £10 each is a very good option for anyone who isn't anal about having originals

And yeah, it's kind of funny that they've not *quite* got the artwork right on any of them yet - it's a classic New Order touch. Big Grin

So yeah - we should at least be thankful that (so far) they haven't got any of the audio wrong. But part of me will be astonished if the Movement deluxe box doesn't have at least one cock-up on it!

thanks 1 user thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 25/03/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#179 Posted : 25 March 2019 11:02:27(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
I would imagine the prospect of the other albums receiving 'The Definitive Edition' treatment will be based on the sales of the Movement set. If nobody buys it or it's a flop then why they pour money into more? Seems logical.

Yep I agree, the logical thing will be to see how well the Movement box sells before entertaining the idea of any more. I’m curious to see how well the box does.Though you could argue a box of later, more popular albums like say Technique would might sell more.Movement might not sell well, we’ll have to wait and see, but a Technique box might fare better. Impossible to say. But obviously the place to start is chronologicaly at the start, the first album.

Yep - I've been thinking along these lines ever since the idea of boxed sets was mooted a couple of years back and have wondered what their plan would be.

It makes sense to start with 'Movement', but with it being one of the less well received LPs, this could affect sales.

In some ways, it may have been a safer option to go with one of the three more popular LPs ('PC&L', 'Low Life' or 'Technique'). Then, once people have bought one of those, they're kind of 'hooked' on getting them and may buy the other less popular LPs (the other two 80s LPs and the post-Factory ones).

However, I'm glad they didn't go with this option and am really happy that they started at the beginning.

As Debaser mentions, 'Movement' probably has some of the most interesting 'extras' too (although I think PC&L should be pretty cool).

I just hope that the 'gamble' (if it is one) pays off and we get each LP treated to a similar 'definitive edition'.
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
M1  
#180 Posted : 25 March 2019 13:11:23(UTC)
M1

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 237 post(s)
In terms of using Movement as an acid test for possible future box, imo the biggest threat to sales is the absurd cost of the thing (include the 12"s and then it's approaching value for money) and the mixed media. If they release each box with separate 12"s as it seems they will, it's going to end up like one of those magazine subscriptions where you get one piece of a model each month and sucks your wallet dry :(
thanks 1 user thanked M1 for this useful post.
50 Pound Note  
#181 Posted : 25 March 2019 14:00:31(UTC)
50 Pound Note

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 174 post(s)
I'm not a fan of bands releasing deluxe editions out of chronological order. You start by establishing the band's legacy, and move forward from there.

I think they're going about this the right way. Movement is my least favorite of the Factory-era albums, but I'm excited for this release. It includes so many extras, plus a 40-page hardback book. The 4 accompanying singles are among their best. At least they're rolling them out one by one, and not 3 at a time. If they spread them out to twice a year - or even one per year - the expense isn't that bad.

Edited by user 26 March 2019 07:22:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked 50 Pound Note for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 25/03/2019(UTC), Rorschach on 26/03/2019(UTC)
NotAMod  
#182 Posted : 25 March 2019 16:19:22(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1033 time(s) in 653 post(s)
Me neither. Warners reissued The Smiths stuff out out of chronological order and went straight for a The Queen Is Dead mega-box at the expense of everything else. No doubt perceiving it - inaccurately - to be everyone's favourite Smiths LP. I am glad to see the same approach is not being taken with NO. Also, I'm still waiting for that Strangeways definitive box-set.

It will be interesting to see what the Republic Definitive Edition will feature... assuming the label goes that far down the road. Only one bona fide B-side and the rest being remixes and all.... lots of remixes. Famously not the band's finest era relations-wise so getting mutual agreement between both camps for best representation might be a stretch. It would be nice to have stuff such as Vicious Circle (NewOrder Mix) and World (The Price of Dub) in true digital. Also the Montreux Jazz Festival show which we saw a couple of tracks off on New Order Story. Republic is one of those albums which would be fascinating to hear in raw demo form. As per Hook's memoir, hearing those basslines that Bernard allegedly followed for a vocal melody or two I.e. World.

Just my own speculation but I suspect the Definitive Editions will cover the Factory years only as the original 2008 Collector's Editions did. The London Years don't seem highly rated by either fans or band alike despite a smattering of really strong singles such as Regret, Crystal and WFTSC. I hope I'm wrong.

It's a shame, Get Ready could probably muster a really cool Definitive Edition; there is tonnes of material there from the initial Brutal sessions in 1998 all the way through to Such A Good Thing in 2002.

Finally, WFTSC and Lost Sirens are destined to be reissued together at some point; it's only a matter of time.

Edited by user 25 March 2019 16:20:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
50poundnote  
#183 Posted : 25 March 2019 19:51:07(UTC)
50poundnote

Was thanked: 889 time(s) in 503 post(s)
It will be interesting to see what the Republic Definitive Edition will feature...

I have such a soft spot for Republic, and I know most people consider Technique to be the last "true" New Order album, but it's Republic for me. I'd love to have a definitive box full of extras.
thanks 2 users thanked 50poundnote for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 25/03/2019(UTC), M1 on 26/03/2019(UTC)
Johnny James  
#184 Posted : 25 March 2019 22:58:31(UTC)
Johnny James

Was thanked: 943 time(s) in 438 post(s)
Me neither. Warners reissued The Smiths stuff out out of chronological order and went straight for a The Queen Is Dead mega-box at the expense of everything else. No doubt perceiving it - inaccurately - to be everyone's favourite Smiths LP. I am glad to see the same approach is not being taken with NO. Also, I'm still waiting for that Strangeways definitive box-set.

If a label releases an expanded box set out of sequence then it's fair to say they probably won't bother with the rest.

thanks 1 user thanked Johnny James for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 26/03/2019(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#185 Posted : 26 March 2019 04:11:39(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)

If ever there was a niche market... 120 notes to revisit the shakiest moment of a band that hasn't released an album in three years. One for the obsessives, and even they've been bemoaning the price tag. But obviously, this is the place to start.
I might be up for PCL (intriguing) or Technique (quality). A proper issue of https://musicforstowaway...30/new-order-1988-demos/ maybe. Otherwise I'll pass.
thanks 2 users thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Debaser on 26/03/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 26/03/2019(UTC)
Debaser  
#186 Posted : 26 March 2019 07:00:13(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post

...or Technique (quality). A proper issue of https://musicforstowaway...30/new-order-1988-demos/ maybe. Otherwise I'll pass.

Sometimes your posts really are useful Mr Monkhouse. Does everyone know about this tape besides me?
It was only in quite recent years that I became aware of the Get Ready (inc Mission Impossible) demo stuff.
I do have some BM 88 variations on my hard drive (three tracks known as BM '88 demo cassette). Did they come from here? Do people have digital copies of all these demo bits? Is there demo stuff "out there" for PCL, Low Life and Brotherhood? Have I asked too many questions?

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#187 Posted : 26 March 2019 07:09:25(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Oh stop it! What are you like?
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#188 Posted : 26 March 2019 11:07:15(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post

...or Technique (quality). A proper issue of https://musicforstowaway...30/new-order-1988-demos/ maybe. Otherwise I'll pass.

Sometimes your posts really are useful Mr Monkhouse. Does everyone know about this tape besides me?
It was only in quite recent years that I became aware of the Get Ready (inc Mission Impossible) demo stuff.
I do have some BM 88 variations on my hard drive (three tracks known as BM '88 demo cassette). Did they come from here? Do people have digital copies of all these demo bits? Is there demo stuff "out there" for PCL, Low Life and Brotherhood? Have I asked too many questions?

I'm not sure about whether those three Blue Monday 1988 variations you mention are the same as the ones from the above tape, but it seems likely.
I have digital copies of the tracks on the Technique tape, so PM me if you want to listen to them to compare.

I expect that demos exist of all LPs, but there's precious few out there in the wild. These are all the demos that I know and have (not including the previously 'unheard by fans' ones that will be on the 'Movement set):

Dreams Never End (Western Works Demo, 07/09/80) (Mix 1) 03:43
Dreams Never End (Western Works Demo, 07/09/80) (Mix 2) 03:41
Homage (Western Works Demo, 07/09/80) 04:15
Ceremony (Western Works Demo, 07/09/80) 04:40
Truth (Western Works Demo, 07/09/80) 05:29
Are You Ready, Are You Ready, Are You Ready For This? (Western Works Demo, 07/09/80) 02:46
Let's Go (Unreleased Original Version) 03:52
Sunrise (Instrumental Rough Mix) 05:45
Sub-Culture (Demo) 06:36
As It Is When It Was (Demo) 03:25
Paradise (Demo) 04:04
Bizarre Love Triangle (Demo) 04:58
Salvation Theme (Salvation Demo) 04:38
Salvation Theme (Salvation Demo 2) 01:50
Touched By The Hand Of God (Salvation Demo) 04:59
Let's Go (Salvation Demo) 03:24
Skullcrusher (Salvation Demo) 03:43
Blue Monday 1988 (Demo - No Samples) (Cut) 01:52
Blue Monday 1988 (Demo - No Samples) (Start Missing) 05:02
Blue Monday 1988 (Demo - No Samples) 07:10
Blue Monday 1988 (Demo - Samples #1) 07:09
Blue Monday 1988 (Demo - Samples #2) 07:09
Love Less (Demo) 00:43
Mr Disco (Demo) 01:04
Don't Do It (Demo) 01:09
Run (Early Version) 00:36
Unknown Demo #1 00:37
Best & Marsh (Demo) 01:18
MTO (Demo) 01:00
Unknown Demo #2 01:24
Guitar and Bass Checks 00:28
Dream Attack (Demo) 05:49
Dream Attack (Demo - Hooky Bass Over Playback) 00:50
Dream Attack (Demo - Monitor Playback) 01:10
Dream Attack (Demo - Hooky Bass Over Playback, With Piano) 01:48
Mr Disco (Demo - Hooky Bass Over Playback) 02:56
Low-Fi Hooky Riffing 00:09
Hi-Fi Hooky Riffing 01:18
More Hi-Fi Hooky Riffing 00:23
Hooky Bass (All The Way #1) 00:23
Low-Volume Ambient Recording (BM Playback Plus Bass Synth to ''Much Too Old'') 20:39
Hooky Bass (All The Way #2) 00:25
Hooky Bass (''The Him'' Style Riff) 00:40
Guilty Partner (Rehearsal Takes) 03:15
Don't Do It (Rehearsal Takes) 01:54
Unknown #2 (Rehearsal Takes) 00:47
Guilty Partner (Demo #1) 05:26
Guilty Partner (Demo #2) 05:03
Guilty Partner (Demo #3) 03:35
All The Way (Demo) 03:32
Run 2 (7" Edited Master) 03:39
Run 2 (Unedited Old Arrangement) 04:12
Run 2 (Instrumental) 04:28
Run 2 (7" Original Mix) 03:40
60 MPH ['60 Miles An Hour'] (Mix 2) 04:36
Runwild ['Primitive Notion'] (Mix 3) 05:59
Dream On ['Close Range'] (Original Mix) 04:39
Crystal 07:23
Freefall ['Someone Like You'] (Mix 2) 06:28
Slow Jam (Mix 4) 05:34
Shipwreck ['Turn My Way'] (Mix 2) 05:15
Vicious Streak (Mix 3) 06:44
Field ['Player In The League'] (Mix 1 Vox Up) 05:36
Run This River Dry ['Sabotage'] (Recall From Submix) 04:50
Full Circle ['Run Wild'] (Mix 2) 04:12
Beach Demo #1 ['Brutal'] (Instrumental) 05:23
Beach Demo #2 ['60 Miles An Hour'] (Original Version) 04:06
Beach Demo #3 ['Mission Impossible' Theme] 03:11
Brutal (Rollo EQ'ed as Master 1 But Vox Down) 04:45
Brutal (Rollo EQ'ed As Master 2) 04:44
Brutal (Rollo EQ'ed As Master 1) 04:45
Brutal (Monitor Mix 29/09/99) 04:36
Brutal (Monitor Mix - Rollo Restructure 30/09/99) 04:54
60 MPH ['60 Miles An Hour'] (Demo - Rollo Monitor Mix) 04:02
Shipwreck Of A Broken Man ['Turn My Way'] (No Billy Corgan) 05:27
Temptation '98 (Albert Square, Manchester - 21/08/98 Louder Vocal Mix) 04:09
60 MPH ['60 Miles An Hour'] (David Kahne V2 Edit) 04:44
60 MPH ['60 Miles An Hour'] (Steve Osborne Monitor Mix) 04:40
Crystal (Steve Osborne Monitor Mix) 05:42
Minidisc 2 ['Dracula's Castle'] (Early Mix) 05:24
Jet ['Jetstream'] (Early Mix - No Ana Matronic) 05:06
Jet ['Jetstream'] (Drum-less Intro) 05:22
Fast Synth ['Guilt Is A Useless Emotion'] (Early Mix) 05:38
Turn (Early Mix) (Alternate Percussion) 04:35
Working Overtime (Early Mix) 03:28

The above include all the pre-mix stuff (i.e. Run, Get Ready and Waiting For The Sirens' Call leaked tapes).

Edited by user 26 March 2019 11:14:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ROCKET MICK on 30/03/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#189 Posted : 26 March 2019 11:30:33(UTC)
perspexorange

I will say that the 'Bizarre Love Triangle' demo sounds like a rehearsal to me, rather than a demo.
Also, I'm pretty sure the 'Sub-Culture' demo is just the Razormaid / 'Record Mirror' mix. Probably mislabelled (either deliberately or accidentally) by the original bootlegger.

The Technique ones are probably the most interesting (well, to me, anyway).
But other ones of note are:

1) the Western Works demos (most of which will be on the Movement set);
2) the original vocal version of 'Let's Go' ("Waiting For So Long") (probably recorded in preparation for Low Life, which I'm sure everyone has heard by now);
3) 'Sunrise' (Instrumental Rough Mix) (released on the 'Discreet Campaigns' tape);
4) 'As It Is When It Was' demo (an early version, probably again recorded for Low Life);
5) The 'Salvation' demos, which include a early vocal take of Let's Go using the "Nothing For Me" lyrics); (***)
6) 'Mission Impossible' theme (recorded during the '98 'The Beach' sessions, that 'Brutal', 'Crystal' and '60 miles an hour' came from);
7) 'Shipwreck Of A Broken Man' ('Turn My Way', but without nasally Billy Corgan)
8) 'Jet' ('Jetstream', without Ana Matronic - Yep, it does exist folks!)

(***) A little story about this one. Back in about 1994, I was trading with a fan and he had something labelled on his trade list as 'Salvation Demos'.
My curiosity piqued, I asked for a copy.

When I got them, they were labelled up as containing demos of 'Salvation Theme' (two versions), 'Touched...', 'Skullcrusher' and 'Let's Go'.
Naturally, I assumed that the 'Let's Go' demo would likely be an instrumental, just as the version released on the soundtrack was. I had assumed that a vocal version of the track had long been abandoned following the "Waiting For So Long" Low Life demo. (Remember, this was in 1994, so about 12 months before we all got to hear about the "Nothing For Me" version).

I put the tape in the player and almost shat myself when I heard a completely different vocal version of 'Let's Go'.
Obviously, the impact of this was lessened when, a year later, a refined version of this very demo was released on the '1963' CD single. But, to suddenly hear an almost completely 'new' track, including Barney vocals, was a little exciting.

You have to remember that this was directly following the (mostly) car wreck that was 'Republic' and worse mess that was the 'remix fest' that we were subjected to at the time (Sly & Robbie Bogle Mix, anyone? No, I didn't think so...).
So, yeah, new New Order sounded absolutely golden.

The demo is quite similar but there are a number of obvious variations, and it's definitely a different vocal take to the released version.

Edited by user 26 March 2019 11:52:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fotzepolitic  
#190 Posted : 26 March 2019 12:59:30(UTC)
Fotz

My message was rejected as spam.I was trying to say i have most of the above but haven't listened to all.But i don't have the WFTSC ones.There's also The Basement Tapes with rough sketches of This Time Of Night and more.And one called 'fairly advanced sequencer and synth one' that has the car screeching noise like in TPK live and has some great promise and ideas.Someone on here stuck it on YouTube a few years ago but it got taken down eventually.It's about 9 minutes long and is from early sessions for Low Life i guess.

Edited by user 26 March 2019 13:00:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

perspexorange  
#191 Posted : 26 March 2019 13:12:50(UTC)
perspexorange

My message was rejected as spam.I was trying to say i have most of the above but haven't listened to all.But i don't have the WFTSC ones.There's also The Basement Tapes with rough sketches of This Time Of Night and more.And one called 'fairly advanced sequencer and synth one' that has the car screeching noise like in TPK live and has some great promise and ideas.Someone on here stuck it on YouTube a few years ago but it got taken down eventually.It's about 9 minutes long and is from early sessions for Low Life i guess.

Ah yes. I'f forgotten about those.
I think they're mainly rehearsals, aren't they? But, to be fair, a lot of the Technique ones are similar sort of things.

Just for completeness, these are the ones I have labelled as 'rehearsals'. I think that one you mentioned was called 'fairly advanced sequencer and synth one' , i have labelled as 'untitled' and is 11:55 in length.

In A Lonely Place (1980 Rehearsal) 05:24
Procession (1980 Rehearsal) 02:47
Homage (1980 Rehearsal) 03:39
Dialogue (09/10/81 Rehearsal) 01:58
Hurt (09/10/81 Rehearsal) 01:10
Hurt (09/10/81 Rehearsal) 09:53
Hurt (09/10/81 Rehearsal) 06:38
Unknown (09/10/81 Rehearsal) 05:13
Ultraviolence (09/10/81 Rehearsal) 00:59
Ultraviolence (09/10/81 Rehearsal) 01:39
Ecstasy (Late 1982 Rehearsal) 00:40
Ecstasy (Late 1982 Rehearsal) 11:58
Paradise (02/09/84 Rehearsal) 03:21
This Time Of Night (02/09/84 Rehearsal) 00:50
This Time Of Night (02/09/84 Rehearsal) 00:50
Love Vigilantes (02/09/84 Rehearsal) 01:31
Love Vigilantes (02/09/84 Rehearsal) 02:48
Untitled (02/09/84 Rehearsal) 11:55

As regards being rejected as SPAM, I've found that the less abbreviations you have in your post, the better. Sometimes, it accepts abbreviations (like it did with WFTSC for you), but if you go to edit the post later, it rejects these abbreviations. Often, lengthening things like 'TPK' to 'The Perfect Kiss' etc. seems to work.

(Having now used abbreviations in my post to illustrate the point, you watch me have trouble trying to post this...)
perspexorange  
#192 Posted : 26 March 2019 13:13:54(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
(Having now used abbreviations in my post to illustrate the point, you watch me have trouble trying to post this...)

It didn't. Went through first time. Go figure...

Fotzepolitic  
#193 Posted : 26 March 2019 13:20:11(UTC)
Fotz

Yeah i think they’d be classed as rehearsals / jams rather than demos so they wouldn’t make it into any future box set.I keep making the mistake of calling them demos.
perspexorange  
#194 Posted : 26 March 2019 13:37:10(UTC)
perspexorange

Yeah i think they’d be classed as rehearsals / jams rather than demos so they wouldn’t make it into any future box set.I keep making the mistake of calling them demos.

To be fair, I think most of the things I've listed as demos could just as easily be classed as rehearsals, so I am as much to blame.
I'm listening to the Technique ones now and most of them are just Hooky noodling away.

It's a shame the Guilty Partner ones are so murky (they seem more murky than the others) as these are rather nice with Barney 'la-la-larring' through them.
perspexorange  
#195 Posted : 28 March 2019 11:01:52(UTC)
perspexorange

Latest Transmission:

GotBlueEyes  
#196 Posted : 29 March 2019 05:17:34(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Has anyone set advanced eyes on the actual box yet? I'm wondering it has been designed to house the 4 12"s as well - given that they were bundled in the NO Store
thanks 1 user thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#197 Posted : 29 March 2019 09:11:44(UTC)
perspexorange

Although I wish this was the case, I’d imagine not.
Just as it would probably make the box a bit too loose for those only buying Movement.

I hope I’m proved wrong though.
GotBlueEyes  
#198 Posted : 01 April 2019 08:44:24(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Doesn't look likely that the 12"s will fit in the box, but it does look nice...
https://www.amazon.co.uk...-New-Order/dp/B07LGS5TVR

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
perspexorange on 01/04/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 01/04/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#199 Posted : 01 April 2019 12:18:12(UTC)
perspexorange

Thanks.
Looks good.

Looking forward to seeing what’s in the book.
ROCKET MICK on 01/04/2019(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#200 Posted : 01 April 2019 12:32:08(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: GotBlueEyes Go to Quoted Post

Doesn't look likely that the 12"s will fit in the box, but it does look nice...
https://www.amazon.co.uk...-New-Order/dp/B07LGS5TVR

UserPostedImage

You could have Amazon under the trades description act for that image, going by that image you get the 12 inch singles included with the box.

I’m kind of hoping I might receive the box on Thursday afternoon, the Ceremony 12 inch green cover reissue arrived on the Thursday before the official Friday release date

Edited by user 01 April 2019 13:07:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/04/2019(UTC), GotBlueEyes on 02/04/2019(UTC)