logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jcp7  
#76 Posted : 05 October 2018 15:32:31(UTC)
Jcp7

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 537 post(s)
As usual, this kind of crappy link does not work...
thanks 1 user thanked Jcp7 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/10/2018(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#77 Posted : 05 October 2018 23:11:08(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
thanks 3 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/10/2018(UTC), Jonathan on 06/10/2018(UTC), Rorschach on 07/10/2018(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#78 Posted : 06 October 2018 05:27:50(UTC)
Fotz

OK, well i didn't post my Decades download link on here previously because i just assumed it would get taken down or the site would get hassle from Sky and/or New Order's record company but i have shared it by PM to everyone on this thread who's asked after a download.Surprised that YouTube upload i did hasn't been removed by WMG or whoever it is that always removes stuff.

Had an idea today to download my YouTube upload of Decades using 4K VideoDownloader with the hope that i would end up with the file in a much smaller and manageable size.And it was a success.I now have the doc in a 1GB file.My original MPEG2 capture to my laptop from my tv box ended up with the file being a massive 5GB.Don't know why it ended up like that.So anyway, i have now uploaded the much smaller 1GB version to MediaFire.If you haven't already seen the doc or downloaded the original 5GB file try this.Or if you've already downloaded the 5GB version but would like it in just 1GB try the link.As i've said in the PMs to people i've shared the 5GB to, the picture quality isn't the best as i was unable to record it in HD.It's in standard definition but it's pretty good.

New Order:Decades 1GB MediaFire download

Edited by user 06 October 2018 05:29:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
tarbox23 on 06/10/2018(UTC), Rorschach on 07/10/2018(UTC), M1 on 09/10/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2018(UTC), Blue 5 on 10/10/2018(UTC)
negative1  
#79 Posted : 06 October 2018 09:04:53(UTC)
negative1

Was thanked: 1657 time(s) in 1151 post(s)
Thanks for the link, appreciate it.

later
thanks 1 user thanked negative1 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2018(UTC)
50 Pound Note  
#80 Posted : 06 October 2018 09:07:08(UTC)
50 Pound Note

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 174 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
As i've said in the PMs to people i've shared the 5GB to, the picture quality isn't the best as i was unable to record it in HD.It's in standard definition but it's pretty good.

Really, really appreciate your work on this!

- Jeb
thanks 2 users thanked 50 Pound Note for this useful post.
Fotz on 06/10/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2018(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#81 Posted : 06 October 2018 12:21:16(UTC)
Fotz

I also captured the audios of the 5 songs aired in Decades.Created a kind of mini album.One or two i didn't quite get how i wanted, for example at the end of Plastic there's audible bit of Bernard talking in the doc after the song finishes and a microsecond is missing from the start of Your Silent Face.But they're good to transfer to your phone or whatever and listen on the go.I uploaded the zip to MediaFire

5 songs from Decades doc
thanks 4 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
tarbox23 on 06/10/2018(UTC), Rorschach on 07/10/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2018(UTC), Old Blue on 19/10/2018(UTC)
keepitcoming  
#82 Posted : 10 October 2018 00:56:12(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
I was glad to hear the history over again. Saville looks like he wants to create another cover and some singles covers,so they need to get crackin' on the next releases.
The show is good , but I prefer the current shows with more magnificent ,or superlative visuals.
A cd of all the songs is needed, 5 is not enough.
Bernard is not yet hefty, but he is occssionally chubby enough to try yoga, stretching, and switching from desserts to fruit .He could do cartwheels and breakdancing if he had a trainer
Bernard's voice would be a great replacement for Attenborough in future BBC documentaries explaining about animals ,making funny quips.
New order are so adult like, what if they had put out heavy metal music for teens and 40 years later still putting out heavy metal for teens,it would be sad , unless they kept the TBTHOG look Thank God NO was not a band with makeup and silly costumes
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2018(UTC)
Jonathan  
#83 Posted : 10 October 2018 11:14:11(UTC)
Jonathan

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Now that you've changed your forum avatar Fotzepolitic, it seems an appropriate time to ask, what was the previous one?
thanks 1 user thanked Jonathan for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 11/10/2018(UTC)
Blue 5  
#84 Posted : 10 October 2018 11:17:32(UTC)
Blue 5

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OK, well i didn't post my Decades download link on here previously because i just assumed it would get taken down or the site would get hassle from Sky and/or New Order's record company but i have shared it by PM to everyone on this thread who's asked after a download.Surprised that YouTube upload i did hasn't been removed by WMG or whoever it is that always removes stuff.

Had an idea today to download my YouTube upload of Decades using 4K VideoDownloader with the hope that i would end up with the file in a much smaller and manageable size.And it was a success.I now have the doc in a 1GB file.My original MPEG2 capture to my laptop from my tv box ended up with the file being a massive 5GB.Don't know why it ended up like that.So anyway, i have now uploaded the much smaller 1GB version to MediaFire.If you haven't already seen the doc or downloaded the original 5GB file try this.Or if you've already downloaded the 5GB version but would like it in just 1GB try the link.As i've said in the PMs to people i've shared the 5GB to, the picture quality isn't the best as i was unable to record it in HD.It's in standard definition but it's pretty good.

Nice one - appreciate the effort mate Smile
thanks 1 user thanked Blue 5 for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#85 Posted : 10 October 2018 11:49:02(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: Jonathan Go to Quoted Post
Now that you've changed your forum avatar Fotzepolitic, it seems an appropriate time to ask, what was the previous one?

Previous one was a screengrab/still from the Restless video.

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#86 Posted : 10 October 2018 11:53:42(UTC)
Fotz

Sky have now had the Decades film blocked from YouTube.Surprised they didn’t block it immediately, it was up for 4 days. Ah well, for those that missed it there’s always the download link.
Johnny James  
#87 Posted : 10 October 2018 12:05:03(UTC)
Johnny James

Was thanked: 943 time(s) in 438 post(s)
Quote:
2) I wonder why the archive footage (Granada Reports, The Perfect Kiss video, Blue Monday 1988 video etc.) was so poor. Surely they could've sourced higher quality clips? The Shadowplay footage was in a terrible state, quality-wise. It looked like it had been taken off the 'Substance 1977-1988' promo video that's been bootlegged numerous times.

The Granada footage was blown up and cropped to 16:9, it was originally 4:3. That will reduce the quality somewhat.
thanks 1 user thanked Johnny James for this useful post.
themightyspang  
#88 Posted : 11 October 2018 14:09:55(UTC)
themightyspang

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 54 post(s)
found a better source but still SD. Shame the thing is shot in hipstervision aka horrible low contrast because dats cool wiv da kids now. Buy a great lens and wreck the picture in post for internet points.

peter saville is excellent value as always. he should do an autobiography and read it for audible.

and great the see the youngsters in this. if you're reading this i love you all!
thanks 1 user thanked themightyspang for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/10/2018(UTC)
Debaser  
#89 Posted : 17 October 2018 07:35:37(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, but don't make jokes about Melanie C.
'This is a band that rarely looks backwards.' This one always cracks me up.

First single JD covers 7", 12", rereleased 12", Record Day JD versions rerelease
Still
Rereleased JD first Peel Session 12" 1, Peel session 12" 2, Peel Sessions LP, rereleased LP in new cover, included in Complete BBC Sessions
Substance 87
Atmosphere 88, Substance 88; Blue Monday 88
London reissues 93; 'NOStory' DVD, Radio 1 and MTV retros; London remix Spooky when the band aren't even talking to each other
True Faith-94, Best Of
1963-95, Blue Monday-95, Rest Of, Love Will Tear Us Apart-95, Permanent
Everything's Gone Green Advent
Video 586
Heart and Soul
Remastered Preston live, Bains Douches live, Fractured Box (Preston live and Bains Douches live), Re Fractured Box (including Preston live, Les Bains Douches live so Fractured Box)
International, Retro
12" x 12"
Best remixes (didital)
Singles 2005, Singles 2016
Best of Electronic
JD CD remasters; JD DVD interviews
The Best Of JD 2008
2009 fucked up NO remasters, 'corrected' remasters, remastered again in 2015
Total
+ / -
JD CD remasters remastered for vinyl
LTM resissue Revenge and both Other Two LPs (all three crap in the first place)
Current projects, three years on from last 'un: revisiting a JD track, and possibly a fourth box set

How do they do it? What's their secret? I guess we'll never know.

I can't find the original thread for Total. Was it on this version of the forum?
Anyway, just for Mr MM, some news about TOTAL on vinyl:

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 23/10/2018(UTC)
perspexorange  
#90 Posted : 17 October 2018 11:25:25(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
An odd thing to release, IMHO.

I don't really understand this vinyl revival* thing. You would think that people collecting vinyl these days are generally buying classic 'studio' LPs and wouldn't really be interested in getting a 'best of' compilation. Especially when this particular one was basically just a shameless 'cash-in', when there had been other (better) compilations released by the band. If they were releasing 'Substance 1987', I could totally see people wanting to buy it on vinyl (if they collect vinyl*).
But 'Total'? Seems very odd.

* My theory (such as it is) of why vinyl is popular comes down to record labels trying desperately to think of ways to get people of my age-bracket (35-60 year olds), who have the most disposable income, to buy the same album over and over again. They know that people like me have probably:

1) bought the original LP on vinyl and / or tape;
2) upgraded it to CD when it came out;
3) bought the remastered version when it was released; then finally
4) bought the 'super-deluxe 16 disc, holographic cover, extra tracks (and a tacky badge)' version.

They therefore have to think of further clever ways (see above examples) to get us to keep buying the same old stuff, from now until the day we die.

So, hey presto, they start telling the world (rightly or wrongly) that vinyl (with all it's pops and crackles and hissing through the stylus) sounds 'warmer' and 'better' and just how John, Paul, George and Ringo would've heard it in Abbey Road, or whatever. So we all go 'mmm - vinyl! Must. Buy. 'Technique'. For. 5th. Time!'.

Now, I'm not saying that 'vinyl' is a con.
It is what it is; a viable format for releasing music on. If you think it sounds better than digital media, no amount of persuasion is going to convince you otherwise (and vice versa).
No - I like vinyl. Not enough to buy another turntable to replace the one that died on me in the mid-90s, but still.

However, the whole 'getting punters to buy vinyl again' smacks of a gimmick just to sell us the same LPs once again.

Rant over. You'd think I'd feel better about it now. I don't.

Edited by user 17 October 2018 11:28:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
50 Pound Note  
#91 Posted : 17 October 2018 14:54:59(UTC)
50 Pound Note

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 174 post(s)
I don't collect vinyl because I think it sounds better. After years as a DJ, playing in bands, and working around jet engines, my hearing is sh*t.

I buy vinyl because I like having a tactile, physical object. I like having large-scale artwork and liner notes. I like interacting with the music when I have to flip the side. It keeps me connected to the music where so many people view it as a disposable commodity. I have to make a conscious choice of what I want to listen to from start to finish, instead of streaming whatever playlist and never giving it a second thought. It helps me to be more selective. It helps me pay attention.

And yes, there's a degree of nostalgia cash-in, but I don't mind. I will never get tired of buying a "new" New Order album.
thanks 2 users thanked 50 Pound Note for this useful post.
Blue 5 on 18/10/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 23/10/2018(UTC)
perspexorange  
#92 Posted : 18 October 2018 08:34:29(UTC)
perspexorange

Yeah - that makes total sense.
I too love having a physical product to look at when listening to the music. Which is kind of why I kind of dislike (but still subscribe to) Apple Music / Spotify.
I buy a tonne of deluxe edition CD sets (much to my wife’s annoyance), just so I can hold the items in my hands.
I don’t need to buy them as I can listen to them via streaming services, but I want to ‘own’ these products.

I can also appreciate looking at large scale artwork, especially with New Order’s Saville sleeves. I still love browsing my old vinyl collection (despite not buying any new vinyl). If the much rumoured NO LP box sets come out and include vinyl, I will probably make an exception and buy them, vinyl and all. In fact, if there was a choice between CD only and a CD / Vinyl combo, I’d probably choose the latter just to have the lovely sleeves.

What I’m complaining about, I guess, is really just the marketing gimmick that I see companies selling us. Where you have people telling us that the music is better on vinyl and it’s how the artists meant you to hear it etc.

Edited by user 18 October 2018 12:33:36(UTC)  | Reason: Typos, again...

Fotzepolitic  
#93 Posted : 18 October 2018 10:46:57(UTC)
Fotz

Meh.Don’t think I’ll bother buying the Total vinyl edition.Didn’t bother buying the CD either. I like vinyl though and bought a great new Pro-Ject turntable a while back to replace an old 80s Technics one which had become incapable of playing 45s at the correct speed. Some music sounds better on vinyl and some sounds better on CD or
FLAC files, kind of tired of that old debate. It is indeed nice to have the big 12” sleeve and putting the needle on the
record.

Total came across as “What can we come up with that hasn’t been done before with a New Order greatest hits? I know, let’s put Joy Division and New Order on the same album!”

I guess a hits compilation with Electronic and New Order on the same album would be the next logical step. That’s never been done before. Or a Other Two and Monaco on the same album.

I jest. But the release of Total on vinyl comes across also a bit as just a thing to keep interest in New Order bubbling under. Or that the mooted box set has been delayed/abandoned and something else is needed to fill a gap in releases.

Edited by user 18 October 2018 10:49:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

perspexorange  
#94 Posted : 19 October 2018 08:30:32(UTC)
perspexorange

Yep - it does smack a little of trying to keep the embers of interest alive.

Just release those box sets already...
Old Blue  
#95 Posted : 19 October 2018 09:39:37(UTC)
Old Blue

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I also captured the audios of the 5 songs aired in Decades.Created a kind of mini album.One or two i didn't quite get how i wanted, for example at the end of Plastic there's audible bit of Bernard talking in the doc after the song finishes and a microsecond is missing from the start of Your Silent Face.But they're good to transfer to your phone or whatever and listen on the go.I uploaded the zip to MediaFire

5 songs from Decades doc

Nice work - cheers!
thanks 1 user thanked Old Blue for this useful post.
Sportak-Mustgo  
#96 Posted : 23 March 2019 04:52:18(UTC)
Sportak-Mustgo

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Having attended the original MIF show at Granada Studios, was fortunate to travel to Vienna for the 2nd-night of this & it was just as special.

The Sky Arts airing of the 'Decades' film was a great record of the gig, reconfirmed to me by it being screened at the British Music Experience in Liverpool this week - with brief introductory amble by Dave Haslam, who was as witty as ever.

It would make for a great DVD release - any forum members have insight as to whether anything is on the cards?

As a side-note, Haslam alluded to doing something with Steve for the publishing his upcoming book - maybe along the lines of the Royal Exchange chat he did with Bernard for Chapter & Verse?
thanks 1 user thanked Sportak-Mustgo for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#97 Posted : 23 March 2019 05:13:26(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Sportak-Mustgo Go to Quoted Post
Having attended the original MIF show at Granada Studios, was fortunate to travel to Vienna for the 2nd-night of this & it was just as special.

The Sky Arts airing of the 'Decades' film was a great record of the gig, reconfirmed to me by it being screened at the British Music Experience in Liverpool this week - with brief introductory amble by Dave Haslam, who was as witty as ever.

It would make for a great DVD release - any forum members have insight as to whether anything is on the cards?

As a side-note, Haslam alluded to doing something with Steve for the publishing his upcoming book - maybe along the lines of the Royal Exchange chat he did with Bernard for Chapter & Verse?

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that an official release was planned at some point (may have just been us fans speculating though).
I may be misremembering this but I think the director was also involved in the filming of the Alexandra Palace gig (Mike Christie?), so there was some speculation that both Decades and the gig may get a release.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by user 23 March 2019 05:14:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Sportak-Mustgo on 23/03/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2019(UTC)
Debaser  
#98 Posted : 24 March 2019 04:50:32(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Sportak-Mustgo, if you're reading this, go to the Ceremony (live) section and find the Alexandra Palace gig thread (oh, I've done it for you). Take a look at the tweets I embedded in post #38.
If I were a betting man I'd put a couple of quid on this happening.
thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2019(UTC), Sportak-Mustgo on 25/03/2019(UTC)
Ken Doherty  
#99 Posted : 28 May 2019 05:08:20(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)

Decades is getting a screening at the Ace Hotel in Shoreditch next month, followed by a Q&A with the director, Mike ChristeDice

I've booked to go because it looks like I'm never going to get to see it otherwise, and while its not going to be an Imax sized screen in a hotel, it will still probably be bigger than any screen I've got at home to watch it on if it ever gets a DVD/Blu-ray release.
thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 18/06/2019(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#100 Posted : 28 May 2019 07:36:41(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: Ken Doherty Go to Quoted Post

I've booked to go because it looks like I'm never going to get to see it otherwise, .

Download here
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
prog99 on 28/05/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 18/06/2019(UTC)