logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike  
#126 Posted : 10 October 2016 23:42:14(UTC)
ROCKET MICK

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 223 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Originally Posted by: surface Go to Quoted Post
He is on BBC news in the next half hour

Cool Approx 08.50/55
Debaser  
#127 Posted : 11 October 2016 00:26:07(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
He should be giving the BBC Kickbacks. On 6 Music this afternoon.

He did the Manchester leg of his book tour last night - which I guess he manged to arrange his BBC (Manchester) appearances around.
Clint Boon was asking the questions last night at the Chop House, and he has apparently recorded it for his podcast.

There's a review of his Sage, Gateshead talk HERE (my web adviser said the site might be risky but...it's not).

Edited by user 11 October 2016 01:14:33(UTC)  | Reason: Clint Boon

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 20/10/2016(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#128 Posted : 11 October 2016 04:25:47(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BazG Go to Quoted Post
I’d love to do one with a happy ending. One where New Order aren’t at each other’s throats and me and Bernard go off holding hands together.”

MEN

What a fucking stupid fucking thing for him of all fucking people to fucking say.
Sorry for my language. I split an infinitive.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#129 Posted : 11 October 2016 06:45:20(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ROCKET MICK Go to Quoted Post
He is on BBC news in the next half hour

Cool Approx 08.50/55

Missed this.When you say BBC news do you mean BBC Breakfast? Can't imagine Hooky is that important that he gets a spot on BBC news whereas BBC breakfast usually has a guest around the 8.50/9am mark.Not that i watch it religiously, obvs but i sometimes see some of it because they have it on the tv in the canteen at work.Anyway, looked for BBC Breakfast on catch up but apparently it's not available on catch up/ iPlayer.No great loss and i did catch the long interview on BBC Radio 5Live yesterday and BBC 6Music today.

I'm quite enjoying the book so far though obviously the Barney and the others bashing can get tiresome.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Papabendi  
#130 Posted : 11 October 2016 06:47:22(UTC)
Papabendi

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
On the 6music programme with Mark Radcliffe, Hooky seems to be suggesting that details of his court spat with New Order can all be found online. it has been very quiet on this subject, so was interested to hear that it had progressed.
thanks 2 users thanked Papabendi for this useful post.
BazG on 12/10/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/10/2016(UTC)
Debaser  
#131 Posted : 11 October 2016 07:22:33(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post

do you mean BBC Breakfast? Can't imagine Hooky is that important that he gets a spot on BBC news whereas BBC breakfast usually has a guest around the 8.50/9am mark.

Yes, it was that. (Bernard's done it before hasn't he?) If you went to "BBC1 Live" on the bbc website within a couple of hours you could "rewind" back to BBC breakfast.
Anyway you missed little. Both radio interviews were better. The only thing I remember now is how well Lousie Minchin can turn on the charm.
thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Fotz on 11/10/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/10/2016(UTC)
confusion  
#132 Posted : 11 October 2016 07:36:32(UTC)
confusion

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 121 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked confusion for this useful post.
rosygale  
#133 Posted : 11 October 2016 12:03:01(UTC)
rosygale

Woman

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Sleep Quite relieved to have missed all the interviews today actually. He’s like one of those politicians I try to avoid cos they put my blood pressure up. We’re all pawns in his game, enough already.
thanks 1 user thanked rosygale for this useful post.
lee  
#134 Posted : 12 October 2016 03:39:10(UTC)
lee

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I'n about a third of the way through and I must admit its boring me a little now

At the moment the snipe's at Barney seem to have turned into snipe's at Gillian but blaming it all on Barney!!??

Its makes me laugh how when chapter and verse came out he claimed Barney was obsessed with him as it was constantly on about him...when I don't really think it was?

Yet substance is just relentless from the very start slagging Barney!

Its about time he got on with writing some new music and lets see if he's as good as he seems to think he is

The blokes a shithouse
thanks 1 user thanked lee for this useful post.
Alex_Loyal  
#135 Posted : 12 October 2016 04:18:11(UTC)
Alex_Loyal

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lee Go to Quoted Post

The blokes a shithouse

This sums the cunt up for me, in Bernard's book he touched on the fact that he could not understand why Hook turned everything into Hook v himself, I think that short sentance has done more to wind Hook up than a thousand page novel slagging him off. So what does stupid bollocks Hook do, prove Bernard to be 100% correct in what he thought by publishing this steaming turd of a book. And you know full well that when Steve releases his book, and if there is a slight dig at Hook, the hairy bastard will then pen book number 100000000000 to have a pop at Steve but no doubt get back to slagging Bernard off.
thanks 1 user thanked Alex_Loyal for this useful post.
Coops  
#136 Posted : 12 October 2016 05:57:20(UTC)
Coops

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BazG Go to Quoted Post
I’d love to do one with a happy ending. One where New Order aren’t at each other’s throats and me and Bernard go off holding hands together.”

MEN

What a fucking stupid fucking thing for him of all fucking people to fucking say.
Sorry for my language. I split an infinitive.

I clocked that and wondered if it signalled the case wasn't going well for him and that he was waving a white flag.
thanks 1 user thanked Coops for this useful post.
gabrielgee  
#137 Posted : 12 October 2016 07:17:57(UTC)
gabrielgee

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm loving the book and I will tell him so at the Ace Hotel tomorrow. Regards to the posse from JDC.
thanks 1 user thanked gabrielgee for this useful post.
tapebias  
#138 Posted : 12 October 2016 09:24:46(UTC)
tapebias

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alex_Loyal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: lee Go to Quoted Post

The blokes a shithouse

This sums the cunt up for me, in Bernard's book he touched on the fact that he could not understand why Hook turned everything into Hook v himself, I think that short sentance has done more to wind Hook up than a thousand page novel slagging him off. So what does stupid bollocks Hook do, prove Bernard to be 100% correct in what he thought by publishing this steaming turd of a book. And you know full well that when Steve releases his book, and if there is a slight dig at Hook, the hairy bastard will then pen book number 100000000000 to have a pop at Steve but no doubt get back to slagging Bernard off.

Very true. Is there a pyschologist in the house who can sum up his condition? Haven't been able to stop laughing since he started 'disc jockeying'. Or as someone else aptly put it, "trying to be the post-punk Peter Stringfellow."

thanks 1 user thanked tapebias for this useful post.
?(the best of)  
#139 Posted : 12 October 2016 17:38:00(UTC)
?(the best of)

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Whatever your opinion of who's wrong /right surely the guy deserves more respect than being referred to as a "cunt" "shithouse" etc...particularly on a NO forum of all places?

Whether you agree with his version of events (and is be surprised if anyone on here genuinely has any knowledge of the inner workings of NO), he is a large part of the reason we are here.
thanks 2 users thanked ?(the best of) for this useful post.
Technique97 on 13/10/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/10/2016(UTC)
Technique97  
#140 Posted : 13 October 2016 00:51:48(UTC)
Technique97

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
To quote Hooky in a recent interview; "You can't just take 31 years of someone's life and suddenly decide how much they're going to profit from it going forward". If you don't like the man, then that's fine and your opinion but calling him a 'cunt' and a 'shithouse'? He's still one of the integral members of the best band of the 80s and if it wasn't for him, then every album after Low-Life would be regarded in the same light as the maligned Republic. If anyone's a money-grabbing, disrespectful cunt, it's Tom Chapman. He wasn't there during the Joy Division years, the golden-era of New Order, The Hacienda, he didn't know Rob Gretton, Martin Hannett, Tony Wilson etc. and he thinks he can just take the job of one of the most influential bass players of all time? Fuck that guy. It's like if some random 30 year old took Keith Richards role in The Rolling Stones.
thanks 1 user thanked Technique97 for this useful post.
surface  
#141 Posted : 13 October 2016 01:57:55(UTC)
surface

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: YourSilentFace Go to Quoted Post
To quote Hooky in a recent interview; "You can't just take 31 years of someone's life and suddenly decide how much they're going to profit from it going forward". If you don't like the man, then that's fine and your opinion but calling him a 'cunt' and a 'shithouse'? He's still one of the integral members of the best band of the 80s and if it wasn't for him, then every album after Low-Life would be regarded in the same light as the maligned Republic. If anyone's a money-grabbing, disrespectful cunt, it's Tom Chapman. He wasn't there during the Joy Division years, the golden-era of New Order, The Hacienda, he didn't know Rob Gretton, Martin Hannett, Tony Wilson etc. and he thinks he can just take the job of one of the most influential bass players of all time? Fuck that guy. It's like if some random 30 year old took Keith Richards role in The Rolling Stones.

What a stupid fucking comment. So what were they meant to do, continue without a bass player. Tom has done nothing wrong, he was already playing with Bernard/Steve and Phil as part of Bad Lieutenant, who played a few NO songs in their set, so it made sense for him to join NO.

Your post is one of the most stupid cuntish posts I have read on this forum you fucking dick head!
thanks 3 users thanked surface for this useful post.
Rorschach on 13/10/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/10/2016(UTC), Eimi on 30/10/2016(UTC)
Deceiver  
#142 Posted : 13 October 2016 02:13:08(UTC)
Deceiver

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 85 post(s)
To quote Hooky in a recent interview; "... if it wasn't for him, then every album after Low-Life would be regarded in the same light as the maligned Republic.

Republic is not maligned. Republic is a great album with some of New Order's best songwriting...

thanks 1 user thanked Deceiver for this useful post.
?(the best of)  
#143 Posted : 13 October 2016 03:28:37(UTC)
?(the best of)

What a stupid fucking comment. So what were they meant to do, continue without a bass player. Tom has done nothing wrong, he was already playing with Bernard/Steve and Phil as part of Bad Lieutenant, who played a few NO songs in their set, so it made sense for him to join NO.

Your post is one of the most stupid cuntish posts I have read on this forum you fucking dick head!

Agree other Tom Chapman point, don't see he has done much, if anything wrong.

The last comment though, really?

thanks 1 user thanked ?(the best of) for this useful post.
?(the best of)  
#144 Posted : 13 October 2016 03:29:59(UTC)
?(the best of)

Unless, of course, you ARE Tom Chapman, in which case, fair comment I guess!
thanks 1 user thanked ?(the best of) for this useful post.
the_blank_from_hell  
#145 Posted : 13 October 2016 03:34:36(UTC)
the_blank_from_hell

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)

Well, someone had to do the job after Hook leaving - If I work 30 years with my friends in a company and decide to leave, I also can't force them to close the business, can I? Unfortunately Hook hasn't got much too offer creative-wise since him leaving, except calling a certain someone continously "Twatto", and playing 30 year old songs which have been written mostly by said twatto. If I come to think about it, he is exactly this, a cunt and a shithouse. Some people realise their mistakes and stubbornness with time, Hook seems to go all the way until there will be no one else left with him.

thanks 3 users thanked the_blank_from_hell for this useful post.
Rorschach on 13/10/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/10/2016(UTC), Eimi on 30/10/2016(UTC)
lee  
#146 Posted : 13 October 2016 03:39:50(UTC)
lee

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I think Tom's doing a good job as it really can't have been easy facing new order fans as it could have gone either way....I remember at his first Apollo gig somebody launched a pint at him and he stood in the background the entire gig after that

But I think everybody accepts him now?

Back to the subject of the book it has totally put me off seeing hook and his covers band again

I used to see the split as best of both worlds gig wise but he can stick them now

The man IS a cunt and a shithouse and many other names

And not just the Barney and Gillian name calling but the Mrs Merton stuff is a just low..even if its true he should have been a man and spoke out while she was alive to defend herself
thanks 1 user thanked lee for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#147 Posted : 13 October 2016 05:00:23(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
No publicity is bad publicity.
Forums 2016: 1. Hooky's a wanker. 2. Hooky's a tosser. 3. Hooky's a dick. 4. I hate Hooky. 5. Hooky can fuck off. 6. Hooky's an asshole. 7. Hooky's an asshole. 8. Hooky. 9. Hooky the cock. 10. Mike, SHUT UP about Mel C: it's sooooooooooo repetitive.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Nexus8Replicant  
#148 Posted : 13 October 2016 05:10:23(UTC)
Nexus8Replicant

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I too was at the Bath event the Friday just gone and there's no denying that Peter Hook makes for a decent raconteur. No denying either that, as he sat there patiently signing copies of his book and posing for pictures, he makes the effort with the fans.

I don't one bit like the public hostility and gutter sniping toward his former band mates, but think it's also worthwhile noting that it's not an attitude he shows toward the fans, few if any of whom are really privy to the ins and outs of the big fallout.

thanks 3 users thanked Nexus8Replicant for this useful post.
?(the best of) on 13/10/2016(UTC), 79order on 13/10/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/10/2016(UTC)
El Jarvo  
#149 Posted : 13 October 2016 07:01:24(UTC)
El Jarvo

Was thanked: 443 time(s) in 313 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gabrielgee Go to Quoted Post
I'm loving the book and I will tell him so at the Ace Hotel tomorrow. Regards to the posse from JDC.

Will see you there, young man! Hi

thanks 1 user thanked El Jarvo for this useful post.
El Jarvo  
#150 Posted : 13 October 2016 07:06:41(UTC)
El Jarvo

Was thanked: 443 time(s) in 313 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Papabendi Go to Quoted Post
On the 6music programme with Mark Radcliffe, Hooky seems to be suggesting that details of his court spat with New Order can all be found online. it has been very quiet on this subject, so was interested to hear that it had progressed.

Yup, it's all out there as far as I know.

Just done a google and can't find the detail - everyone (NME, BBC, daily press) seems to mention the case so it's hard to track down - but there are some legal sites out there which lay out the fine points of what the case involves.

thanks 1 user thanked El Jarvo for this useful post.