logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dreams_Never_End  
#51 Posted : 14 July 2013 12:08:49(UTC)
Dreams_Never_End

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 28 post(s)
isamu wrote:
UpDownTurnAround wrote:

Releasing each album seperately with each albums associated BSides and demos and remixes and live / TV performance versions would have been the way to go IMO

is it bro wrote:
This is one album I dont feel needs any remastering. the production and mixing is top notch and it sounds blimming great on CD (IMO).

I came here to post almost exactly this. It would have been MUCH better to simply re-issue all three albums, as they're classics in their own right, and include accompanying B-sides/mixes to each one accordingly. Sticking songs from the two proceeding albums on a package that's supposed to be focused on the *original* Electronic album is head-scratching to say the least. Not to mention releasing edited versions of some of these great songs is a travesty to me personally, as I cannot stand edited versions of songs...in my eyes, they're "mangled" versions(see True Faith/Perfect Kiss).

Anyway as a die hard Electronic fan, I will probably pick this up since I only own the original Factory "Red" '91 release and was admittedly unaware of the Owen Morris '94 re-release until I read this thread. Good to know. I just need one thing cleared up...are there *any* cuts, edits or changes to the original tracks on disc 1 from the original '91 release? Please tell me they're identical otherwise this is a dealbreaker.

The original tracks are identical, although 'Getting Away With It' is also included which I believe wasn't in the original release.
thanks 1 user thanked Dreams_Never_End for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/07/2013(UTC)
NotAMod  
#52 Posted : 19 July 2013 15:21:16(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1033 time(s) in 653 post(s)
The horse has clearly bolted but personally and for fun this would've worked better as the remastered bonus disc:

The original 7" singles:
01. Getting away with it (7" edit) (4:22)
02. Lucky bag (5:45) * - Yes I know they did a 7" edit of LB, but good to get the 12" mix remastered (!)
03. Get the message (7" mix) (3:54)
04. Free will (7" mix) (2:44)
05. Feel every beat (Stephen Hague 7" remix) (3:57)
06. Lean To The Inside (Instrumental) (4:06)
The other singles:
07. Tighten up (US Promo/Single Edit) (3:39)
08. Disappointed (Stephen Hague 7" mix) (4:21)
The club mixes:
09. Getting away with it (Vocal mix) (4:54)
10. Get the message (DNA 12" groove mix) (5:26)
11. Free will (12" mix) (5:53)
12. Feel every beat (Danny Rampling 12" remix) (6:51)
13. Disappointed (808 State 12" remix) (4:32)
14. Idiot country two (12" mix) (6:23)
And finally...
15. Second to none (4:02)

Knocked up in Foobar2000 from FLACs and clocks in at 71 minutes on CDR; flows quite well and yes I've repeated Free Will because it's worth it Wink Second To None has a cool ending and so bookends the disc nicely. Admittedly, I'm not too fond of these new "2013 Edits" as I'll always go back to the originals but I am quite grateful we got the guitar mix of TT; worth the money alone. The running order above reflects the début album's "era" more and is in the same vein as the bonus disc on the Monday's Rhino 2007 reissue of "Bummed".

But then, I've got the above, as do many Electronic die-hards so no sense in moaning, just knock up your own disc.

Edited by user 19 July 2013 15:29:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2013(UTC)