logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LostSiren  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2023 11:22:43(UTC)
LostSiren

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 176 post(s)
By my count, there are two, maybe three, unfinished, partially recorded albums from two of the side projects.

First, this is from a 2009 Pitchfork Q&A with Bernard during the promo for Bad Lieutenant's first album:
Pitchfork: Listening to the Bad Lieutenant album, I was surprised by how it's such a straightforward guitar-rock record. Since a lot of artists like Hot Chip and LCD Soundsystem are running with the synth-based formula you built with New Order, it's funny that you're going the other direction now.

Bernard Sumner: Well, when I was making the Bad Lieutenant album I was also making a synthesizer album with Stuart Price-- also known as Jacques Lu Cont-- who produced the last Killers album, and Madonna's last-but-one album. But doing both at the same time was a bit much for me. As soon as I'm free, I'm going to finish the album with Stuart.

Then, after the first BL album was out, there were plans for a second, with a contest being held at an art school to provide the cover (there was a topic on here about it once, but I can't find it). This could be the same Stuart Price album mentioned above....

Thirdly, a BL-era interview from a place called the Bohemian

DS: I imagine. Are you guys going to do another The Other Two album?

SM [Stephen Morris]: (laughing) I think we might, yeah. We’ve got a load of soundtracks and stuff we haven’t used for anything. And with some of the other ideas, it sounds like an album, so we probably will do another one.

DS: Any timeframe on that?

SM: Well, Gillian’s been getting drunk and telling people it’ll be finished in October, even though she hasn’t done a stitch of work. (Laughing) It’s good to have a deadline.

Obviously, would love if anyone has any insights into the likelihood of hearing any of these....
thanks 1 user thanked LostSiren for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/11/2023(UTC)
Sponsor
Debaser  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2023 14:24:47(UTC)
Debaser

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3016 time(s) in 2077 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LostSiren Go to Quoted Post

Bernard Sumner: Well, when I was making the Bad Lieutenant album I was also making a synthesizer album with Stuart Price-- also known as Jacques Lu Cont-- who produced the last Killers album, and Madonna's last-but-one album. But doing both at the same time was a bit much for me. As soon as I'm free, I'm going to finish the album with Stuart.

Yes I mentioned this about a year ago, in the final paragraph of my post here.

It was then brought up again here where it appears to be confirmed that the album was scrapped. And maybe some of it -as suggested in the thread- ended up as part of Music Complete...

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/11/2023(UTC)