logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cranelane  
#26 Posted : 31 August 2012 07:39:24(UTC)
Cranelane

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 388 post(s)
Digi Mike wrote:

I saw what you did there Smile I think there's a storm brewing

The storm has just been upgraded to Hurricane Hooky, lets hope it doesn't force Barney's yacht of lost sirens to take shelter in a Pirate Bay Eek
thanks 4 users thanked Cranelane for this useful post.
Eimi on 31/08/2012(UTC), Kutastha on 31/08/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 04/09/2012(UTC), Jul on 20/09/2012(UTC)
Eimi  
#27 Posted : 31 August 2012 07:43:09(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Cranelane wrote:
Digi Mike wrote:

The storm has just been upgraded to Hurricane Hooky, lets hope it doesn't force Barney's yacht of lost sirens to take shelter in a Pirate Bay Eek

LoL
thanks 2 users thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Cranelane on 01/09/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 04/09/2012(UTC)
Kutastha  
#28 Posted : 31 August 2012 11:35:07(UTC)
Kutastha

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
leather-girl wrote:
Kutastha wrote:
Volturno wrote:
I think the issues are regarding royalties. Barney & Co. probably want it to be split including the current formation, and Hooky probably wants it to be split between him, Steve, Phil and Barney.

At this rate, they'll find themselves slplitting the royalties over wings and beer...

Confused ????

Meaning they'll make so little money from it by the time it's actually released.

Seriously, relatively so little money is made by bands from record sales, how much do they think they're going to get? Sure everyone on NOOL will buy it, well unless it's a bunch of tracks that sound like Hellbent.
thanks 1 user thanked Kutastha for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/09/2012(UTC)
68Pontiac  
#29 Posted : 31 August 2012 12:25:52(UTC)
68Pontiac

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Cranelane wrote:
Digi Mike wrote:

you mean Port Royal Towne?

at this rate when tey release it they will be squabbling over the royalties of sales totaling a whole $225.00 and one coconut...

thanks 1 user thanked 68Pontiac for this useful post.
Eimi  
#30 Posted : 31 August 2012 12:32:18(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Kutastha wrote:
leather-girl wrote:
Kutastha wrote:
Volturno wrote:
I think the issues are regarding royalties. Barney & Co. probably want it to be split including the current formation, and Hooky probably wants it to be split between him, Steve, Phil and Barney.

At this rate, they'll find themselves slplitting the royalties over wings and beer...

Confused ????

Meaning they'll make so little money from it by the time it's actually released.

Seriously, relatively so little money is made by bands from record sales, how much do they think they're going to get? Sure everyone on NOOL will buy it, well unless it's a bunch of tracks that sound like Hellbent.

But that's the reason people tour nowadays. I don't think studio recorded music is worthless. It may not make as much money but gives people something properly recorded to listen to at home or wherever. They've already said they will release it so as long as they clear up legal issues it would be silly not to release it.
thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Gazman  
#31 Posted : 31 August 2012 21:03:23(UTC)
Gazman

Was thanked: 481 time(s) in 383 post(s)
68Pontiac wrote:
Cranelane wrote:
Digi Mike wrote:

you mean Port Royal Towne?

at this rate when tey release it they will be squabbling over the royalties of sales totaling a whole $225.00 and one coconut...

Id need to hear it first before parting with my coconut...
Lovely Scottish crumpet
Nod
thanks 3 users thanked Gazman for this useful post.
Eimi on 31/08/2012(UTC), Cranelane on 01/09/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 04/09/2012(UTC)
0_o  
#32 Posted : 02 September 2012 04:57:36(UTC)
0_o

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Barney is pissed off at Hooky leaving and exploiting Joy Division so Barney wants to fuck over Hooky. Steve and Gillian are mad that Hooky is exploiting Joy Division for money. They make it 3 versus 1 to get revenge. They reform New Order to make money. Hooky is outraged and acts like an immature asshole, like an ex-husband furious at his ex-wife. Barney giggles (literally) like he screwed over his spouse and got to keep the house and Mercedes. Hooky is mad at Steve and Gillian for siding with Barney. Phil is probably a footnote in the precedings. The record company will not really make much money from Lost Sirens, so they don't care anymore. Not sure Bernard even cares if Lost Sirens gets released, just maybe if they can piss of Hooky in the process. Hooky is not going to give in no matter what out of stubborn principle, even if there is no profit left to be gained. Amazing that the Lost Siren tracks have never been leaked... maybe nobody felt it was worth the bother.

Edited by user 02 September 2012 06:01:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked 0_o for this useful post.
Mike C.  
#33 Posted : 02 September 2012 05:12:36(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 129 post(s)
0_o wrote:
Barney is pissed off at Hooky leaving and exploiting Joy Division so Barney wants to fuck over Hooky. Steve and Gillian are mad that Hooky is exploiting Joy Division for money. They make it 3 versus 1 to get revenge. The reform New Order to make money. Hooky is outraged and acts like an immature asshole, like an ex-husband furious at his ex-wife. Barney giggles (literally) like he screwed over his spouse and got to keep the house and Mercedes. Hooky is mad at Steve and Gillian for siding with Barney. Phil is probably a footnote in the precedings. The record company will not really make any money over Lost Sirens, so they don't care anymore. Not sure Bernard even cares if Lost Sirens gets released, just maybe if they can piss of Hooky in the process. Hooky is not going to give in no matter what out of stubborn principle, even if there is no profit left to be gained. Amazing that the Lost Siren tracks have never been leaked... maybe nobody felt it was worth the bother.

I would think that the ultimate revenge would be for one side to leak the album. It hasn't leaked -- no stash box from behind a sofa or in a basement has yielded tracks. It's all about the $$$.
...in a single breath, this world is gone...
thanks 1 user thanked Mike C. for this useful post.
Eimi  
#34 Posted : 02 September 2012 06:39:08(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

0_o wrote:
Barney is pissed off at Hooky leaving and exploiting Joy Division so Barney wants to fuck over Hooky. Steve and Gillian are mad that Hooky is exploiting Joy Division for money. They make it 3 versus 1 to get revenge. They reform New Order to make money. Hooky is outraged and acts like an immature asshole, like an ex-husband furious at his ex-wife. Barney giggles (literally) like he screwed over his spouse and got to keep the house and Mercedes. Hooky is mad at Steve and Gillian for siding with Barney. Phil is probably a footnote in the precedings. The record company will not really make much money from Lost Sirens, so they don't care anymore. Not sure Bernard even cares if Lost Sirens gets released, just maybe if they can piss of Hooky in the process. Hooky is not going to give in no matter what out of stubborn principle, even if there is no profit left to be gained. Amazing that the Lost Siren tracks have never been leaked... maybe nobody felt it was worth the bother.

I don't know the band members but I don't think the motives are as revenge-based as you think. Unless this is a piss-take, this is one of most ridiculous pieces of rubbish I've ever read here.

Edited by user 02 September 2012 16:32:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Michael Monkhouse  
#35 Posted : 02 September 2012 07:25:12(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Personally I think the Hookster's cutting off his nose to spite his face, not literallly. It'll have to come out sooner or later and the longer the wait goes on, the more people'll lose interest and feel disappointed when it does appear - after all, 5 new tracks, it's a pretty low-key affair innit? Plus Hooky'll benefit cos it'll generate interest - no publicity's bad publicity and all that - oh, and money! God I wish this story'd come to its natural conclusion...
PS I like Hooky.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
www.neworderweb.net  
#36 Posted : 03 September 2012 01:32:27(UTC)
www.neworderweb.net

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Mike C. wrote:
0_o wrote:
Barney is pissed off at Hooky leaving and exploiting Joy Division so Barney wants to fuck over Hooky. Steve and Gillian are mad that Hooky is exploiting Joy Division for money. They make it 3 versus 1 to get revenge. The reform New Order to make money. Hooky is outraged and acts like an immature asshole, like an ex-husband furious at his ex-wife. Barney giggles (literally) like he screwed over his spouse and got to keep the house and Mercedes. Hooky is mad at Steve and Gillian for siding with Barney. Phil is probably a footnote in the precedings. The record company will not really make any money over Lost Sirens, so they don't care anymore. Not sure Bernard even cares if Lost Sirens gets released, just maybe if they can piss of Hooky in the process. Hooky is not going to give in no matter what out of stubborn principle, even if there is no profit left to be gained. Amazing that the Lost Siren tracks have never been leaked... maybe nobody felt it was worth the bother.

I would think that the ultimate revenge would be for one side to leak the album. It hasn't leaked -- no stash box from behind a sofa or in a basement has yielded tracks. It's all about the $$$.

There are no promotional cdr's or MP3's for Lost Sirens at the minute so i will definately NOT leak.

:nuts:
thanks 2 users thanked www.neworderweb.net for this useful post.
Eimi on 03/09/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 04/09/2012(UTC)
Eimi  
#37 Posted : 03 September 2012 01:44:32(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

:nuts: wrote:
Mike C. wrote:
0_o wrote:

There are no promotional cdr's or MP3's for Lost Sirens at the minute so i will definately NOT leak.

:nuts:

Agree with you, :nuts:
Jul  
#38 Posted : 03 September 2012 06:55:59(UTC)
Jul

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Based on preorders I guess it'll still make a pretty penny for Warner (remember nonsense that was Total had charted) - they'll keep it from leaking. They'll also suppy lawyers. Expect it relatively soon.
Maybe related maybe not, what had been the deal with the PIMM ep being delayed, also something legal? might be he's taking revenge for that (apart from the obvious fucking them every way he can).
thanks 1 user thanked Jul for this useful post.
The Shadow  
#39 Posted : 07 September 2012 13:59:27(UTC)
The Shadow

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Its fuckin new order innit, of course i'm looking 4ward to the 5 tracks i've never heard, so I for one will rush out or actually in nowadays to my computer and order the vinyl (cause i is old) and for the record (see what i did there) i like hellbent
thanks 1 user thanked The Shadow for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/09/2012(UTC)
Eimi  
#40 Posted : 19 September 2012 22:29:03(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Copied from my own Twitter account... "I think I'm sick and tired of waiting for 'Lost Sirens'. #neworder" ...that's what I wrote on there earlier. If it ever comes out, I wouldn't mind having a listen, but I wish there wasn't a vinyl to it. If it gets released, I'd ideally like to see a 'normal edition' without the vinyl, either on CD, or at least sold on iTunes or something.
ROCKET MICK on 20/09/2012(UTC)
markreed  
#41 Posted : 20 September 2012 00:26:04(UTC)
markreed

Was thanked: 353 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Given that Hooky's just announced that he will be touring "Movement"/"Power Corruption & Lies" and announced shows in London + Manchester, I can't see how there will ever be a thaw.

It's a fucking desperate move, in my opinion.
thanks 1 user thanked markreed for this useful post.
Eimi  
#42 Posted : 20 September 2012 00:36:21(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

markreed wrote:
Given that Hooky's just announced that he will be touring "Movement"/"Power Corruption & Lies" and announced shows in London + Manchester, I can't see how there will ever be a thaw.

I just saw this info, on Hooky's Twitter. (I don't 'follow' him, but I've searched for it.)
El Jarvo  
#43 Posted : 20 September 2012 01:05:28(UTC)
El Jarvo

Was thanked: 443 time(s) in 313 post(s)
markreed wrote:

Why is it desperate?

Fair play to him.

I'll go.

thanks 1 user thanked El Jarvo for this useful post.
Cranelane  
#44 Posted : 20 September 2012 03:02:35(UTC)
Cranelane

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 388 post(s)
markreed wrote:

It would mean Hooky singing lyrics written by Barney so that would turn up the heat a little bit more...

I could imagine Hooky growling his way through a song like 586 but not so sure about how he would get on with a sensitive song like YSF...
thanks 1 user thanked Cranelane for this useful post.
El Jarvo  
#45 Posted : 20 September 2012 03:18:43(UTC)
El Jarvo

Cranelane wrote:
markreed wrote:

It would mean Hooky singing lyrics written by Barney so that would turn up the heat a little bit more...

I could imagine Hooky growling his way through a song like 586 but not so sure about how he would get on with a sensitive song like YSF...

Maybe he'll get Pottsy back in? Cool

London gig is at KOKO, Jan 17th. Fairly decent-sized venue for them to fill.

Wonder what the Other Three think about this and whether they'll decide to cut him off at the pass and do more gigs themselves come 2013?

thanks 2 users thanked El Jarvo for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 20/09/2012(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 20/09/2012(UTC)
Biginoil  
#46 Posted : 20 September 2012 04:07:11(UTC)
Biginoil

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 148 post(s)
I reckon Re:Order should cover Sisters and Brothers Nod

Hooky played it at FAC251 and DJed the track several times, so we all know how it goes.

Ner ner ner ner ner
thanks 2 users thanked Biginoil for this useful post.
Jul on 20/09/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/09/2012(UTC)
El Jarvo  
#47 Posted : 20 September 2012 04:11:01(UTC)
El Jarvo

Biginoil wrote:
so we all know how it goes.

I don't. Frown
thanks 1 user thanked El Jarvo for this useful post.
Biginoil  
#48 Posted : 20 September 2012 04:14:24(UTC)
Biginoil

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Yer will in a minute Nod

Ner ner ner ner ner
thanks 1 user thanked Biginoil for this useful post.
edspess  
#49 Posted : 20 September 2012 04:56:16(UTC)
edspess

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 31 post(s)
El Jarvo wrote:
Biginoil wrote:
so we all know how it goes.

I don't. Frown

Me neither Confused
thanks 1 user thanked edspess for this useful post.
Volturno  
#50 Posted : 20 September 2012 09:11:01(UTC)
Volturno

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Biginoil wrote:
I reckon Re:Order should cover Sisters and Brothers Nod

Hooky played it at FAC251 and DJed the track several times, so we all know how it goes.

Any idea where I can find it? I'd love to hear it again, but I remember the video on facebook was removed.
thanks 1 user thanked Volturno for this useful post.