logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy  
#1 Posted : 26 September 2022 14:40:39(UTC)
Andy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Conducted at the end of the recent U.S. tour, I was disappointed to read his claim that his relationship with the rest of New Order is just as bad as ever. There are the same talking points he's made over the years, but also fresh recollections about recording with Joy Division. I believe this is the first I've read that Ian hadn't written all the Love Will Tear Us Apart lyrics on his own: “Ian, you know what? You get some words. I’ll get some words, and the lyrics came together.”

VWMusicRocks.com
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 26/09/2022(UTC)
Sponsor
tapebias  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2022 10:02:18(UTC)
tapebias

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 155 post(s)
So many inaccuracies in that interview which is why I don't believe a lot of what he says and wish the interviewer/s would challenge him more.

Hook talking about recording "Unknown Pleasures": "So, two tracks, “Shadowplay” and “Transmission,” were written in the studio. It was an amazing amount of work, considering that we added those two tracks while we were in the studio for six days."

Both tracks were already written a year earlier and Transmission wasn't even on UP.

thanks 3 users thanked tapebias for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 27/09/2022(UTC), Jul on 28/09/2022(UTC), Andy on 30/09/2022(UTC)
Andy  
#3 Posted : 28 September 2022 10:06:18(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tapebias Go to Quoted Post
So many inaccuracies in that interview which is why I don't believe a lot of what he says and wish the interviewer/s would challenge him more.

Hook talking about recording "Unknown Pleasures": "So, two tracks, “Shadowplay” and “Transmission,” were written in the studio. It was an amazing amount of work, considering that we added those two tracks while we were in the studio for six days."

Both tracks were already written a year earlier and Transmission wasn't even on UP.

It is troubling as you can't imagine him just getting mixed up about song titles, considering how close he's been to the songs over the last few years. Both Shadowplay and Transmission had been part of the aborted RCA album in 1978.

I fully understand his position over his treatment after leaving. But it seems as if he feels he's still in a war with them, and is using this propoganda to continue the fight for public opinion. They're both having successful tours, let it lie.

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/09/2022(UTC)
prog99  
#4 Posted : 30 September 2022 05:38:11(UTC)
prog99

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Still as bitter as ever sadly with another Gillian dig thrown in.
I’m guessing the trademark case will be what resulted in all the Light promo material and merch suddenly not using the original images and logos.
thanks 2 users thanked prog99 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/09/2022(UTC), Andy on 30/09/2022(UTC)