logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pure_shaw  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2021 11:48:53(UTC)
pure_shaw

Rank: Young Offender

Groups: Registered
Joined: 08/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 27

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
thanks 2 users thanked pure_shaw for this useful post.
bally586 on 04/08/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
Sponsor
bally586  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2021 23:22:46(UTC)
bally586

Rank: Candidate

Groups: Registered
Joined: 01/05/2012(UTC)
Posts: 9
Location: Puglia, Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi, I think I'm registered with No site but can't get reset password. Not in spam either. Any ideas for presale? Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked bally586 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
surface  
#3 Posted : 05 August 2021 05:26:08(UTC)
surface

Rank: Member of the Republic

Groups: Registered
Joined: 27/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 125
Location: Alderley Edge

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 130 post(s)
thanks 2 users thanked surface for this useful post.
pure_shaw on 05/08/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
Fotz  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2021 10:43:03(UTC)
Fotz

Rank: Dead Soul

Groups: Registered
Joined: 02/08/2014(UTC)
Posts: 2,155
Location: Down on the farm

Thanks: 462 times
Was thanked: 2749 time(s) in 2112 post(s)
Halifax? Have they ever played in Halifax before???? Doesn’t ring any bells. Interesting choice! No disrespect to Halifax of course.

7,500 capacity apparently. It’ll be an outdoor gig in the Piece Hall’s square I’m guessing??…
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#5 Posted : 08 August 2021 05:03:41(UTC)
perspexorange

Rank: Guilty Partner

Groups: Registered
Joined: 20/10/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,700
Location: Salop

Thanks: 303 times
Was thanked: 2166 time(s) in 1639 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
Halifax? Have they ever played in Halifax before????


Not as New Order, I don't think.

But they played as Joy Division twice, both at the 'Good Mood' club:

https://www.joydiv.org/c070478.htm

https://www.joydiv.org/c220679.htm

As per the excellent Joy Division Central website, that first gig:

"According to Peter Hook's interview on the "24 Hour Party People" DVD (Time 0:03:24) :

"We Played to one person in Halifax Good Mood Club". We suspect this was that gig."


Crazy to think about that. One person at a Joy Division gig. Lucky guy. Smile

I'm guessing they'll be more than one person at this forthcoming gig.

Edited by user 08 August 2021 05:04:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
pure_shaw on 08/08/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
Fotz  
#6 Posted : 08 August 2021 08:22:45(UTC)
Fotz

Rank: Dead Soul

Groups: Registered
Joined: 02/08/2014(UTC)
Posts: 2,155
Location: Down on the farm

Thanks: 462 times
Was thanked: 2749 time(s) in 2112 post(s)
Looked up images of Piece Hall and the square reminds me of one of the lonely, empty plazas in many a surrealist Giorgio De Chirico painting . Probs just me though, to be fair!
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
tapebias  
#7 Posted : 08 August 2021 10:15:23(UTC)
tapebias

Rank: Member of the Village

Groups: Registered
Joined: 28/11/2012(UTC)
Posts: 90
Location: UK

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 84 post(s)
There was a rumour on JD Central that the sole Halifax Good Mood attendee was Peter Sutcliffe. You never know.

Good to see them playing a slightly different venue and with Lonelady in support almost enough to tempt me back but I suspect it will be much the same as before setlist wise.
thanks 1 user thanked tapebias for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
Andy  
#8 Posted : 09 August 2021 07:57:07(UTC)
Andy

Rank: Guilty Partner

Groups: Registered
Joined: 24/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,645
Man
Location: USA

Thanks: 963 times
Was thanked: 2172 time(s) in 1635 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tapebias Go to Quoted Post
There was a rumour on JD Central that the sole Halifax Good Mood attendee was Peter Sutcliffe. You never know.

Good to see them playing a slightly different venue and with Lonelady in support almost enough to tempt me back but I suspect it will be much the same as before setlist wise.


I'm merely an honorary Viking (I've seen them many times since 1987 - but only in California. The badges I've been given haven't truly been earned. I liken it to someone speaking at a graduation ceremony and being given an honorary degree having never cracked a book) so will be waiting until The Unity Tour. I agree it's foolish to expect massive changes in the set. I think Be a Rebel is a given, though. I also believe they have at least one other track to debut. Phil hinted at something a few months ago on Twitter but said it was a secret. Recall that they debuted Singularity and Plastic about 18 months before Music Complete...

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
Skullcrushed  
#9 Posted : 09 August 2021 10:35:30(UTC)
Skullcrushed

Rank: Young Offender

Groups: Registered
Joined: 03/08/2015(UTC)
Posts: 29
Location: Sheffield

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
Interesting choice! No disrespect to Halifax of course.


Guess it makes sense if they want somewhere close but not too close to Manchester for a warm up. Outdoor arena as well to match Heaton Park.



thanks 1 user thanked Skullcrushed for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2021(UTC)
Debaser  
#10 Posted : 08 September 2021 16:18:57(UTC)
Debaser

Rank: Guilty Partner

Groups: Registered
Joined: 03/06/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,768
Location: here n there

Thanks: 338 times
Was thanked: 2337 time(s) in 1755 post(s)
Printed Setlist


but it seems they went off-script and did Guilt Is A Useless Emotion instead of TPK:

Setlist FM

Be A Rebel got its live debut.
thanks 3 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
negative1 on 08/09/2021(UTC), Andy on 08/09/2021(UTC), Like No Other on 08/09/2021(UTC)
The Japanese One  
#11 Posted : 08 September 2021 16:52:27(UTC)
The Japanese One

Rank: Young Offender

Groups: Registered
Joined: 06/12/2015(UTC)
Posts: 40
Location: Between Osaka and Manchester

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 34 post(s)
My firsthand account.

A nice comeback gig staged in a peculiar but attractive setting. The Piece Hall reminded me of some Italian square — like that of Venice or Siena. I quite like it. Felt it getting particularly atmospheric in the twilight time.

This is New Order’s first live outing since March 2020. Despite a long hiatus, they played brilliantly and showed no sign of rustiness. The show lasted approximately 1 hr and 55 mins, including Das Rheingold introduction.

Setlist-wise predictably no surprise except for the live debut of Be A Rebel. Regardless of this being one of their best shows or not, it was certainly very emotional, so much so that I didn’t mind the sterility of the same old setlist TBHWY. I enjoyed every minute of it.

As fans know, the Halifax show was aimed at a warm-up for Heaton Park. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if this eventually turns out to be the “warm-up beating the subsequent main event” case.

[Additional comment: Although I missed the beginning by 15 mins or so, LoneLady was really good. I wasn’t that impressed by her when she supported New Order at Castlefield Bowl 2016, but this time I was. She played solo back then, but went three-piece yesterday, which may have made a difference. She was cool last night. I wish I had seen it all from the start.]

Edited by user 09 September 2021 03:01:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked The Japanese One for this useful post.
Andy on 08/09/2021(UTC), Like No Other on 08/09/2021(UTC), Fotz on 09/09/2021(UTC)
surface  
#12 Posted : 09 September 2021 03:23:08(UTC)
surface

Rank: Member of the Republic

Groups: Registered
Joined: 27/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 125
Location: Alderley Edge

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: The Japanese One Go to Quoted Post
My firsthand account.

A nice comeback gig staged in a peculiar but attractive setting. The Piece Hall reminded me of some Italian square — like that of Venice or Siena. I quite like it. Felt it getting particularly atmospheric in the twilight time.

This is New Order’s first live outing since March 2020. Despite a long hiatus, they played brilliantly and showed no sign of rustiness. The show lasted approximately 1 hr and 55 mins, including Das Rheingold introduction.

Setlist-wise predictably no surprise except for the live debut of Be A Rebel. Regardless of this being one of their best shows or not, it was certainly very emotional, so much so that I didn’t mind the sterility of the same old setlist TBHWY. I enjoyed every minute of it.

As fans know, the Halifax show was aimed at a warm-up for Heaton Park. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if this eventually turns out to be the “warm-up beating the subsequent main event” case.

[Additional comment: Although I missed the beginning by 15 mins or so, LoneLady was really good. I wasn’t that impressed by her when she supported New Order at Castlefield Bowl 2016, but this time I was. She played solo back then, but went three-piece yesterday, which may have made a difference. She was cool last night. I wish I had seen it all from the start.]


I really enjoyed the show as well, I was shocked at how stunning the venue was.

Nice review - https://www.yorkshirepos...ece-hall-halifax-3376748

Edited by user 09 September 2021 03:37:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The Japanese One  
#13 Posted : 09 September 2021 03:44:23(UTC)
The Japanese One

Rank: Young Offender

Groups: Registered
Joined: 06/12/2015(UTC)
Posts: 40
Location: Between Osaka and Manchester

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Originally Posted by: surface Go to Quoted Post

I really enjoyed the show as well, I was shocked at how stunning the venue was.

The venue, and probably the weather — in Halifax, it was like a return of the missing Summer fest — were two advantages over Heaton Park, most likely.
Fotz  
#14 Posted : 09 September 2021 06:39:10(UTC)
Fotz

Rank: Dead Soul

Groups: Registered
Joined: 02/08/2014(UTC)
Posts: 2,155
Location: Down on the farm

Thanks: 462 times
Was thanked: 2749 time(s) in 2112 post(s)
From pics I’ve seen it looked a lovely evening with the weather holding out and quite a picturesque little setting. Watched the vid of the live debut of Be A Rebel from Mr Disco’s link on the BAR CD thread. Hadn’t crossed my mind that they’d do one of the remixes for its live version but yeah it sounded ok though Bernard looked a a little nervy in the lead up to starting the vocals . Looks like he needs to wear spectacles all the time now? Might take some getting used to in live performance if he has to keep pushing them back up in the middle of playing a guitar section.
surface  
#15 Posted : 09 September 2021 07:11:41(UTC)
surface

Rank: Member of the Republic

Groups: Registered
Joined: 27/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 125
Location: Alderley Edge

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
From pics I’ve seen it looked a lovely evening with the weather holding out and quite a picturesque little setting. Watched the vid of the live debut of Be A Rebel from Mr Disco’s link on the BAR CD thread. Hadn’t crossed my mind that they’d do one of the remixes for its live version but yeah it sounded ok though Bernard looked a a little nervy in the lead up to starting the vocals . Looks like he needs to wear spectacles all the time now? Might take some getting used to in live performance if he has to keep pushing them back up in the middle of playing a guitar section.


The venue was fantastic, very picturesque, easy to see the stage wherever you were stood, no waiting when you wanted a pint or a pee and the band are in great form.
thanks 1 user thanked surface for this useful post.
Fotz on 09/09/2021(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#16 Posted : 09 September 2021 09:04:48(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Rank: Member of the Republic

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/09/2015(UTC)
Posts: 191

Thanks: 62 times
Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
From pics I’ve seen it looked a lovely evening with the weather holding out and quite a picturesque little setting. Watched the vid of the live debut of Be A Rebel from Mr Disco’s link on the BAR CD thread. Hadn’t crossed my mind that they’d do one of the remixes for its live version but yeah it sounded ok though Bernard looked a a little nervy in the lead up to starting the vocals . Looks like he needs to wear spectacles all the time now? Might take some getting used to in live performance if he has to keep pushing them back up in the middle of playing a guitar section.


Just watched it - his vocals are the ropiest yet - the also ropey backing vocals don't help, but I had to switch off before the end..ugh


edit: just occurred to me that the bvox could be someone in the audience near the taper Big Grin

Edited by user 09 September 2021 09:05:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andy  
#17 Posted : 09 September 2021 11:33:53(UTC)
Andy

Rank: Guilty Partner

Groups: Registered
Joined: 24/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,645
Man
Location: USA

Thanks: 963 times
Was thanked: 2172 time(s) in 1635 post(s)
Just a bit a fun: Tweet
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2021, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.752 seconds.