logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tapebias  
#476 Posted : 02 February 2023 12:09:47(UTC)
tapebias

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tapebias Go to Quoted Post

Also, over the course of 2 nights in Feb 85 I heard the whole of Low-life live. 7 LL songs one night plus Let's Go instrumental then opened with Elegia the next night plus TPK and one or two from LL. Good times.

Sounds excellent.
I’m a bit jealous, having first seen them a lot later (Reading 1993). That was a fantastic gig, but would’ve loved to have seen them in their heyday.

I have a couple of friends who saw them as early as 1980/1981 and one of those even saw JD at The Factory.

That’s the equivalent of seeing The Beatles at The Cavern to me.

1983 was my first and I was still at school and had to pretend to be a Uni student to get in. Never saw JD but was at Factory when it was the PSV club then visited again when it was a secondhand charity shop before it was bulldozed. Those type of venues wouldn't get past health and safety these days.

thanks 3 users thanked tapebias for this useful post.
Like No Other on 02/02/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 02/02/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 03/02/2023(UTC)
Tim  
#477 Posted : 02 February 2023 14:59:11(UTC)
Tim

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Can't be arsed to trawl through 20 pages of comments, but hope you've all picked out the very very early BLT in "Untitled 1", and there's bits that became Shellshock in that and "Untitled 2"
an old monkey...
thanks 2 users thanked Tim for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/02/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 03/02/2023(UTC)
negative1  
#478 Posted : 02 February 2023 17:18:57(UTC)
negative1

Was thanked: 1657 time(s) in 1151 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tim Go to Quoted Post
Can't be arsed to trawl through 20 pages of comments, but hope you've all picked out the very very early BLT in "Untitled 1", and there's bits that became Shellshock in that and "Untitled 2"

there is only 3 pages of discussion, you didn't miss much:
http://forums.neworderon...=4836&p=17#post38480

and a lot of that is commenting on people that just got it and pictures.

haven't seen any of the shirts yet. i guess i'll find out at some point.

later

thanks 2 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/02/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 03/02/2023(UTC)
50poundnote  
#479 Posted : 02 February 2023 19:46:36(UTC)
50poundnote

Was thanked: 889 time(s) in 503 post(s)
Has anyone else in the U.S. who ordered the box bundle including the 12" singles and t-shirt received their box? A shipping notice?

I ordered The Perfect Kiss limited 12" and a t-shirt as a separate order, and I received it yesterday. The bigger, more expensive order has not been updated with any shipping.

When logging in to check the order status, I see it's the same front-end as Rhino's online store. I just cancelled an order I placed with Rhino 9 weeks ago for an item labeled as "in stock," which never shipped, even after I opened a ticket with their support team twice seeking an update. When I opened a third ticket requesting a full refund they processed it in a matter of hours.

Are they waiting for stock to arrive from the UK? I have open orders with 5 different UK retailers right now for items which haven't shipped. One of them was very candid about the delays Royal Mail is causing. I understand mail in general is fucked up right now, and there are still issues related to the pandemic, and I could understand if the the entire campaign at large was delayed, but it's extremely frustrating knowing plenty of people already have their boxes and mine is sitting in a warehouse somewhere, when I paid quite a bit of money up front the day it went on sale.

Amazon shows all the individual items in stock, but I have to go through the official site to get the t-shirt as well.

Fuckers.
thanks 2 users thanked 50poundnote for this useful post.
Big Al  
#480 Posted : 02 February 2023 21:26:44(UTC)
Big Al

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Ok, here's the link to the Radio Clyde Interview and some other bits that may be of interest. I've stuck on the two best versions of the original Let's Go in case the vocal is better or maybe some wizard can work some magic on them to make them better

Radio Clyde Interview, and other bits

https://we.tl/t-REVaEGuuGX
thanks 6 users thanked Big Al for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/02/2023(UTC), perspexorange on 03/02/2023(UTC), Mr. Disco on 03/02/2023(UTC), pete13 on 03/02/2023(UTC), negative1 on 03/02/2023(UTC), Cranelane on 03/02/2023(UTC)
perspexorange  
#481 Posted : 03 February 2023 01:44:50(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Muffy Go to Quoted Post
Ok, here's the link to the Radio Clyde Interview and some other bits that may be of interest. I've stuck on the two best versions of the original Let's Go in case the vocal is better or maybe some wizard can work some magic on them to make them better

Radio Clyde Interview, and other bits

https://we.tl/t-REVaEGuuGX

Many thanks for this. It is the same as the one I've got. It's a short but sweet interview.
I love band interviews from this period. Trying to get as many of them as I know are available.
If you (or anyone else) have any of the ones listed here, I'd be grateful for copies:

http://forums.neworderon...ts&m=38343#post38343

(Shameless plug for my other 'Radio Interviews' thread).
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Andy  
#482 Posted : 03 February 2023 13:32:05(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 50poundnote Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone else in the U.S. who ordered the box bundle including the 12" singles and t-shirt received their box? A shipping notice?

I ordered The Perfect Kiss limited 12" and a t-shirt as a separate order, and I received it yesterday. The bigger, more expensive order has not been updated with any shipping.

When logging in to check the order status, I see it's the same front-end as Rhino's online store. I just cancelled an order I placed with Rhino 9 weeks ago for an item labeled as "in stock," which never shipped, even after I opened a ticket with their support team twice seeking an update. When I opened a third ticket requesting a full refund they processed it in a matter of hours.

Are they waiting for stock to arrive from the UK? I have open orders with 5 different UK retailers right now for items which haven't shipped. One of them was very candid about the delays Royal Mail is causing. I understand mail in general is fucked up right now, and there are still issues related to the pandemic, and I could understand if the the entire campaign at large was delayed, but it's extremely frustrating knowing plenty of people already have their boxes and mine is sitting in a warehouse somewhere, when I paid quite a bit of money up front the day it went on sale.

Amazon shows all the individual items in stock, but I have to go through the official site to get the t-shirt as well.

Fuckers.

Received my TPK 12" from WEA on Thursday : Tweet

Bought box through Amazon US ($154) but received faulty package with Two DVD2s and no DVD1. Returned it and bought from local shop, Siren Records Montereey ($150) and they gave me a complementary set of badges: Tweet

Amazon US price now down to $123.77

thanks 2 users thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/02/2023(UTC), negative1 on 04/02/2023(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#483 Posted : 03 February 2023 14:05:02(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Was thanked: 620 time(s) in 351 post(s)
No sign of the digital versions of the 12" reissues on digital stores yet, which is a shame. Hope they turn up soon.
thanks 4 users thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
Mike C. on 03/02/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 03/02/2023(UTC), Like No Other on 03/02/2023(UTC), perspexorange on 04/02/2023(UTC)
Cranelane  
#484 Posted : 04 February 2023 12:52:30(UTC)
Cranelane

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 388 post(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMilOIpzqZw

Basement Tapes 80-84, an early version of Untitled 2 from the Low-Life reissue can be heard from 1:07 onwards. Some other interesting stuff too from PC&L.

thanks 3 users thanked Cranelane for this useful post.
Like No Other on 04/02/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 04/02/2023(UTC), negative1 on 04/02/2023(UTC)
negative1  
#485 Posted : 04 February 2023 13:54:40(UTC)
negative1

Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post

Received my TPK 12" from WEA on Thursday : Tweet

Bought box through Amazon US ($154) but received faulty package with Two DVD2s and no DVD1. Returned it and bought from local shop, Siren Records Montereey ($150) and they gave me a complementary set of badges: Tweet

Amazon US price now down to $123.77

nice, now i have to find a set of those badges. they look good.

later
ROCKET MICK on 04/02/2023(UTC), Andy on 05/02/2023(UTC)
Fotz  
#486 Posted : 05 February 2023 10:01:53(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Listening to Elegia again reminded me of this. First saw this quite a few years ago. Mark Osborne's animated short 'More'. The message still packs a massive punch.

thanks 3 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Rorschach on 05/02/2023(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 05/02/2023(UTC), Mike C. on 05/02/2023(UTC)
Old Blue  
#487 Posted : 06 February 2023 07:05:17(UTC)
Old Blue

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 42 post(s)
The full length Sooner Than You Think is a thing of beauty.

Thanks Drew for the re-creations, much appreciated.
thanks 1 user thanked Old Blue for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/02/2023(UTC)
Tracey  
#488 Posted : 06 February 2023 16:57:55(UTC)
Tracey

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Fuckers.

My order of the Low-life bundle from the NewOrder store was delivered to me in the US today.

thanks 2 users thanked Tracey for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/02/2023(UTC), Like No Other on 07/02/2023(UTC)
fac637  
#489 Posted : 06 February 2023 18:38:10(UTC)
fac637

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tracey Go to Quoted Post

Fuckers.

My order of the Low-life bundle from the NewOrder store was delivered to me in the US today.

Mine has not arrived (I ordered the bundle with the clear vinyl TPK the week it went on sale). I received an email last week providing a shipping number from UPS but all that number does on the tracking is say that a shipping label has been created but it has not shipped. No response to my email inquiring as to the status. Grrrrr 😡

thanks 1 user thanked fac637 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/02/2023(UTC)
Tracey  
#490 Posted : 07 February 2023 19:45:55(UTC)
Tracey

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fac637 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tracey Go to Quoted Post

Fuckers.

Mine has not arrived (I ordered the bundle with the clear vinyl TPK the week it went on sale). I received an email last week providing a shipping number from UPS but all that number does on the tracking is say that a shipping label has been created but it has not shipped. No response to my email inquiring as to the status. Grrrrr 😡

I just opened up my shipment from the NewOrder store. Everything was packaged fine...except they put the four 12" singles in a box that was too small. As luck would have it, the mirrored TPK 12" single was on top of the stack in the box and the sleeve got a little bent up and shows ring wear from being pressed against the record. Unfortunate.
thanks 1 user thanked Tracey for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 08/02/2023(UTC)
NotAMod  
#491 Posted : 08 February 2023 13:19:18(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1033 time(s) in 653 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr Discography Go to Quoted Post
No sign of the digital versions of the 12" reissues on digital stores yet, which is a shame. Hope they turn up soon.

Yep, baffling. I've been refreshing digital stores every couple of days but no joy. We got Ceremony (both versions), EGG, Temptation, Blue Monday, Thieves and Murder but no sign of the 3 x Low-Life singles. Did someone at Warner Music forget?

On Friday it'll have been 2 weeks since the Low-Life box was released. With both the Movement/PC&L boxes, their "orbiting" singles were released around the same time, so I guess if they're not out by this weekend then we're not getting them this time around.

The Mute-era New Order singles have been untouchable in this respect; well packaged vinyl coupled with free Hi-Res downloads, which is how it should be done for music fans in 2023. Mute do that with all their artists and not just NO.

As consolation, the corrected Collector's Editions from 2009 have decent masters of the full TPK 12" and Sub-culture/Dub-vulture twelve inch versions... but we've been waiting a while for modern versions of Kiss of Death, Perfect Pit and Shellcock.

The full 9+ minute 12" version of Shellshock has been available on a Blank & Jones So80s compilation for over a decade.

Am hopeful these will still appear soon.
thanks 3 users thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 08/02/2023(UTC), Mike C. on 08/02/2023(UTC), negative1 on 09/02/2023(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#492 Posted : 08 February 2023 14:44:57(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Originally Posted by: NotAMod Go to Quoted Post

The full 9+ minute 12" version of Shellshock has been available on a Blank & Jones So80s compilation for over a decade.

Really didnt want to buy that Blank & Jones compilation, as there were some songs I really dislike from the 80s on it, and some quite iffy 12" mixes. Seemed a lot of money just to get a digital version of one track, when I could stick with the existing vinyl rip until the digital reissue of the original 12".

Johnny James, any news of when these digital versions could be available?

Edited by user 08 February 2023 22:27:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/02/2023(UTC)
Mike C.  
#493 Posted : 08 February 2023 18:30:37(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NotAMod Go to Quoted Post

Yep, baffling. I've been refreshing digital stores every couple of days but no joy. We got Ceremony (both versions), EGG, Temptation, Blue Monday, Thieves and Murder but no sign of the 3 x Low-Life singles. Did someone at Warner Music forget?

On Friday it'll have been 2 weeks since the Low-Life box was released. With both the Movement/PC&L boxes, their "orbiting" singles were released around the same time, so I guess if they're not out by this weekend then we're not getting them this time around.

The Mute-era New Order singles have been untouchable in this respect; well packaged vinyl coupled with free Hi-Res downloads, which is how it should be done for music fans in 2023. Mute do that with all their artists and not just NO.

As consolation, the corrected Collector's Editions from 2009 have decent masters of the full TPK 12" and Sub-culture/Dub-vulture twelve inch versions... but we've been waiting a while for modern versions of Kiss of Death, Perfect Pit and Shellcock.

Only got the PC&L singles released in the US. No Movement singles and now it looks like no LL.
...in a single breath, this world is gone...
thanks 1 user thanked Mike C. for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/02/2023(UTC)
Debaser  
#494 Posted : 10 February 2023 02:37:26(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Just uploaded to YT
thanks 3 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/02/2023(UTC), negative1 on 10/02/2023(UTC), Like No Other on 10/02/2023(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#495 Posted : 10 February 2023 08:33:48(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Two weeks today since the release of the box set and no sign of the digital 12" singles. Any updates Johnny James? Thanks
thanks 2 users thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/02/2023(UTC), Mike C. on 11/02/2023(UTC)
Andy  
#496 Posted : 10 February 2023 13:10:37(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
Just uploaded to YT

The YouTube App on my television has this titled as "Sub-culture (Live at MIF)". Odd.

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/02/2023(UTC)
Johnny James  
#497 Posted : 10 February 2023 13:31:03(UTC)
Johnny James

Was thanked: 943 time(s) in 438 post(s)
Two weeks today since the release of the box set and no sign of the digital 12" singles. Any updates Johnny James? Thanks

I've no idea. Were they out sooner last time?

thanks 3 users thanked Johnny James for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/02/2023(UTC), negative1 on 10/02/2023(UTC), Mike C. on 11/02/2023(UTC)
negative1  
#498 Posted : 10 February 2023 14:12:47(UTC)
negative1

i was more concerned about the tshirts.

but they look great.... (but wont wear them, of course):

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

later
thanks 3 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/02/2023(UTC), Mike C. on 11/02/2023(UTC), Like No Other on 12/02/2023(UTC)
negative1  
#499 Posted : 10 February 2023 14:16:34(UTC)
negative1

the singles are very striking:

and all 4 singles... perfect kiss crystal had the pink inner.
haven't opened the others yet ( or will i ever?)

all 4
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

perfect kiss
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

i like the way the letters are embossed.

later
ROCKET MICK on 10/02/2023(UTC), Like No Other on 12/02/2023(UTC)
Mr Discography  
#500 Posted : 10 February 2023 15:26:46(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Originally Posted by: Johnny James Go to Quoted Post

I've no idea. Were they out sooner last time?

Yes, they came out the day the sets were released.
thanks 1 user thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/02/2023(UTC)