logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
perspexorange  
#126 Posted : 05 February 2021 08:24:48(UTC)
perspexorange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
I just noticed that this second book has now been released as an audiobook. £9.99 on Apple Books. Free with an Audible subscription on Amazon.

This version comes with a rather charming interview featuring Gillian and Steve, with questions being asked by their daughter, Grace.
It's quite good fun and the three of them sound very relaxed (as you'd expect).

According to the blurb, it also contains 'music from New Order and original tracks from Stephen Morris'. I haven't had chance to listen to these yet, but it sounds interesting. I'm guessing they're dispersed throughout the book, rather than sat at the end (like the interview is).

The only real annoying thing is that, unlike Hooky's first two books, this audiobook doesn't appear to have been released in a physical format. Steve's first book wasn't either.

I'd rather have bought it on CD. I never really trust digital streaming sites. I've had issues in the past where it sometimes becomes difficult to access stuff you've already paid for.
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
Artificial Flavoring  
#127 Posted : 21 March 2021 18:26:46(UTC)
Artificial Flavoring

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Does anyone know if Barney was involved in the event where Hooky and Andy pretty much gave Steve an ultimatum, scream at, and pay cut for taking care of Grace and his dad? Or just Hooky and Andy?
I still can't get over that part. Frown
thanks 1 user thanked Artificial Flavoring for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/05/2021(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#128 Posted : 22 March 2021 00:36:29(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Hook's audiobuke has just come out too, if you can listen to the old sod indulge his ego for twenty hours. Personally that's twenty three more than I can take. On the plus side, there's some new music in there.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Artificial Flavoring  
#129 Posted : 22 March 2021 04:20:51(UTC)
Artificial Flavoring

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post
Hook's audiobuke has just come out too, if you can listen to the old sod indulge his ego for twenty hours. Personally that's twenty three more than I can take. On the plus side, there's some new music in there.

I don't think I could stand that for hours on end!! LoL
thanks 1 user thanked Artificial Flavoring for this useful post.
Debaser  
#130 Posted : 22 March 2021 07:03:03(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)

New music on the audiobook? Hooky noodles, or something more substantive?

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Andy  
#131 Posted : 22 March 2021 07:57:00(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post

New music on the audiobook? Hooky noodles, or something more substantive?

Perhaps it's finally the release of Lostbass, the legendary outtakes from the Freebass album sessions. The title also hints at the his ongoing adventures with The Light, whereby he doesn't actually play the bass most of the time. Cheeky!

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#132 Posted : 22 March 2021 08:50:37(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Debaser  
#133 Posted : 22 March 2021 09:01:38(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
https://www.punknews.org/article/74287/peter-hook-releases-20-hour-audio-book-for-substance-inside-new-order

Mmm, I actually found that since my last post.
So vaguely annoying 3-second snippets. Ok...
thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#134 Posted : 22 March 2021 12:01:07(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Peter Hook's 'Substance' Listening Party
The key song for me was Ceremony, because we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
The other key song for me was Everything's Gone Green because we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
The only other key song for me was Temptation. We were using new technology and escaping the shadow of Ian.
Then there was Blue Monday! It was a key song for me. I don't know why - I guess because we used new technology in it. And escaped the shadow of Ian.
And of course Confusion. I'd call that our one key song. Why? Well, we were using new technology. And escaping the shadow of Ian!
Thieves Like Us? Definitely a key track. For me. As we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
I call The Perfect Kiss our other key track. Because, you see, we were using new technology... and escaping the shadow of Ian.
Subculture? A key track. I'm not sure why, but we did use new technology in it. And escaped the shadow of Ian.
The next track is Shellshock. What can I say? Key song! We used new technology on that one - and escaped the shadow of Ian.
State of the Nation is a key song for me. Why? I suppose because we used new technology and escaped the shadow of Ian.
And what can I say about Bizarre Love traiangle? Nothing - excpet that it really is a key song. We were using new technology and escaping the shadow of Ian.
And finally, True Faith. Key! Because we used new technology in it. And escaped the shadow of Ian.
Next week: Technique. Peter describes Technique as a key album. Tune in to find out why.

Edited by user 24 March 2021 00:17:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andy  
#135 Posted : 05 October 2021 23:59:19(UTC)
Andy

Man

Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
I just noticed that this second book has now been released as an audiobook. £9.99 on Apple Books. Free with an Audible subscription on Amazon.

This version comes with a rather charming interview featuring Gillian and Steve, with questions being asked by their daughter, Grace.

According to the blurb, it also contains 'music from New Order and original tracks from Stephen Morris'. I haven't had chance to listen to these yet, but it sounds interesting. I'm guessing they're dispersed throughout the book, rather than sat at the end (like the interview is).

The only real annoying thing is that, unlike Hooky's first two books, this audiobook doesn't appear to have been released in a physical format. Steve's first book wasn't either.

I'd rather have bought it on CD. I never really trust digital streaming sites. I've had issues in the past where it sometimes becomes difficult to access stuff you've already paid for.

There's been some discussion on Twitter regarding the mix of Everything's Gone Green that appears between chapters. The word is that it's an unreleased remix (I've not heard it). Can someone here shed some light on this?

ROCKET MICK on 07/11/2021(UTC)
Andy  
#136 Posted : 06 October 2021 11:13:45(UTC)
Andy

Man

Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post

There's been some discussion on Twitter regarding the mix of Everything's Gone Green that appears between chapters. The word is that it's an unreleased remix (I've not heard it). Can someone here shed some light on this?

Light being shed:

"It’s nothing I’ve heard before. Not a published mix I can think of. Has taken the repetitive sequenced part and really let loose with it." "At Bluedot in 2018 Stephen did a solo drumming display along with Mike Joyce (I think?) in the middle of the afternoon. Pretty sure EGG was one of the tracks. Just him drumming, plus a load of sequencers." - Al

"Yeah, Steve mentioned that it was created for a drum talk with Mike Joyce/Pete Marshall back in 2017 - remains unreleased! :)" -Nick King

Mr. Disco  
#137 Posted : 20 October 2021 05:03:52(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

Was thanked: 347 time(s) in 189 post(s)
I really miss more info on The Other Two. Reading the book I was under the impression that it might be edited out for some reason, but I'm probably wrong...
thanks 1 user thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#138 Posted : 20 October 2021 06:32:30(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

There's very little on Electronic too, which is strange when you consider how massive the first album was. Marr's autobiography skims over them.
thanks 2 users thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 20/10/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 07/11/2021(UTC)
Mr. Disco  
#139 Posted : 20 October 2021 12:35:50(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

Was thanked: 347 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Very interested in Johnny's book. it's a shame exchange rates have gone skyrocket in my country. I'll try to save some cash for that one, top bloke
thanks 1 user thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.