logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jcp7  
#1 Posted : 06 May 2020 04:42:53(UTC)
Jcp7

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 539 post(s)
Lu sur le forum anglais:

1) Monaco reissues are happening. He has found a company to release them. I initially thought this might be LTM but, if it was, you'd assume that Hooky would've mentioned them, which he didn't. This project has been a little bit derailed due to Covid-19 (he's sorted out the DATs with the stuff on, but can't get to them anymore because of the lockdown). He mentioned that there were some tracks left of 'Monaco', so it seems that there may be some unheard songs. Nice.

2) There is a 22 (?) minute version of Elegia that he has found on an old cassette. He says that it's "not the final mix; it's somewhere in between". He plans on putting this on the 'Low Life' box set. I've put a ? next to '22 minutes', as the feed dropped out midway through his sentence. I could only hear '____-two minutes'. It may be 32 mins, but I think it was probably 22 minutes. So even longer than the 17 minute version previously released? Pretty damn good! :-)

3) He has a 'record coming out with Killing Joke'. Called 'Killing Division', apparently (although he may have been joking with the name). It's to celebrate 40 years of both bands. It appears that this is something from the archives, rather than something new (it apparently went missing until recently discovered by Geordie). It 's four tracks that were worked on with 'Jaz and Geordie' (so presumably not Big Paul or Youth). It figures that Youth wouldn't've been there (two bass players may be overkill), but if Ferguson wasn't there, this might signify that it was made around the time of either 'Outside The Gate' or 'Extremities...'. Again, this has been somewhat derailed by our old friend, Covid-19.

4) There isn't a 'studio version' of 'Too Late' in the archives. When asked about this, he mentioned that he is keen to record an EP with 'The Light' to include this track, 'Homage' and 'Turn The Heather On'. He pretty much decided, whilst chatting online, that it was something he was going to do when the lockdown ended.

5) He's recently unearthed a tape which contains a 'desk tape' of 'New Order's second ever gig (presumably the one at Scamp's on 05/09/80. Hope this gets a release in some form or another.
thanks 1 user thanked Jcp7 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/05/2020(UTC)
Sponsor