logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#1 Posted : 16 March 2019 10:12:00(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Going to see these tonight at venue in Coventry.Never seen 'em before.Anyone here seen them and are they any good? Also Joy Division tribute band Transmission are support band, never seen them either.I don't think True Order will be as great a night out as those fab Re:Order gigs of years gone by but here's hoping for a good night whatever.
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/03/2019(UTC), 79order on 17/03/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
keepitcoming  
#2 Posted : 16 March 2019 19:42:59(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
May they play a lot of wonderful and dreamy songs that hit the mark and get just right a trancelike extendedness of songs that groove on and on all night long , plus some awesome jams .
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/03/2019(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#3 Posted : 17 March 2019 00:30:54(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Yep they were pretty good.I think the old Re:Order gigs were better though.

Still, they did some great covers.Run, Dream Attack and Vanishing Point were really good.The singer plays guitar and the guy on keyboards also guitar and they possibly played the guitar parts better than Barney and Gillian i might be inclined to say.They kind of stick to the better known NO songs, though they did do a great Hurt.They even have Das Rheingold as their intro music.Regret was first song and the set wemt on to include Age Of Consent, Dreams Never End, Your Silent Face, Perfect Kiss, BLT, 1963, True Faith, Blue Monday, Temptation, Ceremony, Love Vigilantes and the trio of songs from Technique i mentioned already.And probably more i haven't listed.Shame i had to stay sober though, i was driving.Bumped into seasoned Vikings John Sludden and his good wife Lorraine.

The JD tribute band Transmission started the evening.Really great on the punkier songs like Dead Souls, Disorder, Transmission and Shadowplay but their cover of Decades was a bit too fast and the synths a bit off.
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/03/2019(UTC), 79order on 17/03/2019(UTC)
spooky  
#4 Posted : 17 March 2019 08:11:25(UTC)
spooky

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 63 post(s)
... sounds like you had a good time. i'm very critical towards cover/tribute bands, especially about the singer. if i can sing as good, or better(which is usually the case), than the person on stage, then i will just dismiss them. however, i do give credit where credit is due, if the music is good. i had to go to a Smiths convention once, where a few tribute bands were performing... and i won't be doing that again. :P
thanks 2 users thanked spooky for this useful post.
79order on 17/03/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 19/03/2019(UTC)