logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
perspexorange  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2019 08:06:14(UTC)
perspexorange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3445 time(s) in 2250 post(s)
Following on from a comment made on the 'Smash Hits' thread about Bernard introducing songs with 'made up' titles, I started looking for a specific one of these anecdotes within my collection.

I believe that, on 30/01/87 at Nagoya, Japan, Barney introduced 'Touched By The Hand Of God' as being called (rather delightfully):

'Last Night I Had A W**k From A Girl With A Spotty Back'.

After the song, he says something to the effect of:

'And the girl with the spotty back was playing synth on that track'. (He's a very bad man, that Mr Sumner! Eek )

Now, I've definitely heard this track, but I'll be beggared if I can find it. I seem to think it's on the 'Ostrich-A-Go-Go!' 7" bootleg, but I may be mistaken.
Sadly, I don't have this EP anymore, but I think that's where I heard it originally.
Additionally, although I have the rest of the Nagoya gig, I seem to be missing both 'Touched...' and 'Atmosphere' (the last two tracks) from the gig.

I'd love to hear this version of 'Touched...' again.
So, does anyone actually have the 'Ostrich' 7" that they could rip for me? Or, better still, have a copy of the complete gig that includes both missing tracks?
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler on 04/02/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/02/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Debaser  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2019 12:12:35(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2996 time(s) in 2071 post(s)
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
I seem to think it's on the 'Ostrich-A-Go-Go!' 7" bootleg, but I may be mistaken.
Sadly, I don't have this EP anymore, but I think that's where I heard it originally.
Additionally, although I have the rest of the Nagoya gig, I seem to be missing both 'Touched...' and 'Atmosphere' (the last two tracks) from the gig.
...so, does anyone actually have the 'Ostrich' 7" that they could rip for me?

This EP? Nope, sorry!
I didn't know it existed until now! Thanks for the education. They have it as 30th Feb rather than january.

UserPostedImage

Don't you love the way Discogs has banned the sale of these sort of bootlegs? Numpties.

*EDIT* weirdly THIS hasn't been banned from sale and it has your Atmosphere as well as your Ostrich. For a price.

Edited by user 03 February 2019 12:20:42(UTC)  | Reason: guess.

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler on 04/02/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 05/02/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2019 16:26:12(UTC)
perspexorange

Thanks but both Atmosphere and Ostrich on the bootleg you linked to are from Woolwich Coronet and I have both of these tracks already (on a bootleg of the complete gig).

What I’m after is Touched By The Hand Of God and Atmosphere, both from Nagoya, Japan, 30/01/87.

I know that Touched is available as I have heard it (on that Ostritch EP), but don’t have it.
I believe that Atmosphere is available on a tape of the complete Nagoya gig that’s doing the rounds somewhere in the wild.
Both tracks are mentioned here as being on the bootleg of the gig, under the entry for 30/01/87 (http://www.new-order.net/no/gigs/nogigs87.html#NO-870130)

My version of the complete gig misses both tracks out, for some reason.

So, to clarify, what I’m after is either:

A) A rip of Touched By The Hand Of God (Nagoya, Japan) from the ‘Ostritch A-Go-Go’ EP (I don’t need the other tracks on this EP); or
B) A rip of both Touched By The Hand Of God and Atmosphere from the complete unedited Nagoya gig.

Anyone else?
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler on 04/02/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 05/02/2019(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#4 Posted : 05 February 2019 10:27:05(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3615 time(s) in 2616 post(s)
Never heard of that Ostrich a-go-go bootleg ep.

Had a search on Soulseek for the Nagoya gig but nothing.
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
perspexorange on 05/02/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 05/02/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#5 Posted : 05 February 2019 10:53:56(UTC)
perspexorange

Thanks for looking, Fotzepolitic. I appreciate it. I don't have access to torrents, p2p etc.

I always thought that the 'Ostrich-A-Go-Go' EP was the main source for the vocal version of 'Let's Go' (the early 'waiting for so long' version).

I therefore assumed most other fans knew of the EP, as everyone seemed to have a copy of 'Let's Go'. Also, I always seemed to notice the EP at record fairs, back in the day (maybe it was always the same copy and no one ever bought it :-) ).
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/02/2019(UTC)