logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
perspexorange  
#26 Posted : 27 January 2019 03:42:16(UTC)
perspexorange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 559 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
I feel really lucky to have seen Kraftwerk back in the days when it seemed like they had their whole studio on stage. Saw them twice on their summer 1991 UK tour. Once at the now long gone Birmingham Hummingbird and then the very next night at Sheffield City Hall ( spotted Phil Oakey of Human League at that one as we were exiting after the gig).Also saw them at Brixton Academy in 2004 at their later of two shows in one night at that venue. Hard to choose which gig I enjoyed more, they were different but all still fantastic. The 1991 version of Kraftwerk with the stage crammed to the last inch with their banks of equipment or the version they do these days with just each member with just a keyboard and laptop each ( think actually they don’t even have the laptops now). On the 1991 tour when they did Pocket Calculator they had hand held miniature keyboards on the end of a cable and certain points in the song would lean down to the audience front row and invite people to have a stab at playing a few notes, ha! The 2004 gig at Brixton Academy still lives long in the memory though too. I am however disappointed I still haven’t got to any of the 3D gigs they tour now.

Agree with what you say though about there’s only Ralph left from the original line-up.

I read Wolfgang Flur’s book I Was A Robot some years back. An often revelatory story about his time in the group.

I keep meaning to read that book.
Pretty jealous that you got to see them back in the day. I would have loved to have seen them around Computer World era, although I was about 9 when that record came out.

Oh, for that time machine. I'd probably take in a couple of NO gigs. Beach Club, maybe? JD ones too. Derby Hall would be a riot! (see what I did there?).

Originally Posted by: Rocket Mick Go to Quoted Post
checking 2018 at this FESTIVAL and found that some day tickets only released in MAY for festival in JULY..a few months from now is MAY ...GET READY

Thanks for this. Seems a long way away. I want to firm up tickets and have something to look forward to.
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Rocket Mick on 27/01/2019(UTC)