logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keepitcoming  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2019 06:35:56(UTC)
keepitcoming

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
I went back recently to prog rock for the first time in 40 years- no Yes, ELP , King Crimson, Genesis, no suppers ready in all that time . Pink Floyd is in a class all their own , not part of the rest of prog rock..PF did have long songs, funny song titles ,etc ,but they actually are wonderful ,unlike most progrock popular bands, just as JD/NO has no rival, never has . And if i want mellotrons and beauty i prefer the Moodies to KC , even when with the voices of Jon Anderson and Greg Lake.
There is a lot of progrock that New Order could fix with a few days of rehearsals and little dabbling ,and maybe Our Heroes could find new song ideas while taking a week to cover and improve a few songs like schizoid ,
Larks Tongues , Starless ,Epitaph , suppers ready , Lizard ,etc , using smarter ,nicer ,prettier music and it could only help reduce the noise factor. Bernard also can sing any Yes song if he has to, just imagine him singing "and you and i". As for Genesis , NO could spare themselves a lot of wasted time and forget all the silliness and just do atopnotch and maybe better carpet crawlers. I cannot see NO doing tom sawyer, anything by soft machine, jethro tull, or ELO, but maybe ,Deep Purple , Uriah Heep, or Caravan, or Camel, or Spooky Tooth
One great idea is for Bernard to work with David Gilmour on film music or great pastoral and beautiful scifi songs, and work with Justin Hayward( i think NO could really do an awesome cover of Ride My See Saw, and of course Bernard could find time ti soothingly lecture roger waters ,bono ,and eno and pinpoint the moment when they each became a prick

And then NO can show how to improve Krautrock and cover some faust 4

We're like kestrels
thanks 2 users thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
Linus Solanki on 15/01/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 15/01/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Linus Solanki  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2019 11:13:33(UTC)
Linus Solanki

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1009 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Let's hope New Order make more NEW music in the coming years.
I promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. Nina Cassian
thanks 1 user thanked Linus Solanki for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/01/2019(UTC)