logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#1 Posted : 30 September 2018 07:23:22(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
A long time ago many people wondered for years what that beautiful chill out music is on the menu of the 24 Hour Party People DVD.Well maybe not many people but i certainly wondered and from time to time i would try and get to the bottom of it.A year or so back i ripped the audio from the DVD menu and posted a loop of it on YouTube

Anyway, just today when listening again i noticed some song licence info has been added to the YouTube page for what i uploaded which names the track and the artist.It's a track called Rave Opera (B) by a guy called Kevin Malpass.Searching for the track online i found a track Rave Opera by Kevin Malpass.It's on Spotify on a 1998 album called Liquid Audio.Not sure if the album is solely this guy Kevin Malpass' work or a compilation. Also 30 second snippet on some thing called Deezer.However, it's sadly not the chilled out version on the 24HRPP DVD menu.It has the same opera vocals but has some beat to it and isn't that great, not a patch on the chilled version on the 24HR Party People DVD menu.The song licence info states it's Rave Opera (B),so i'm presuming the "(B)" notifies it's a different version of the track on that Liquid Audio album, a chill out version.I've been unable to find the full length of the chill out versionFrown but maybe one day now i know what i'm looking for...
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/09/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Debaser  
#2 Posted : 30 September 2018 07:31:31(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
A long time ago many people wondered for years what that beautiful chill out music is on the menu of the 24 Hour Party People DVD.Well maybe not many people but i certainly wondered ...
The song licence info states it's Rave Opera (B),so i'm presuming the "(B)" notifies it's a different version of the track on that Liquid Audio album, a chill out version.I've been unable to find the full length of the chill out versionFrown but maybe one day now i know what i'm looking for...

I just searched "Kevin Malpass Rave Opera" on Discogs and found THIS.

A and B both on there. One CD for sale.

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Fotz on 30/09/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 30/09/2018(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#3 Posted : 30 September 2018 08:30:03(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
A long time ago many people wondered for years what that beautiful chill out music is on the menu of the 24 Hour Party People DVD.Well maybe not many people but i certainly wondered ...
The song licence info states it's Rave Opera (B),so i'm presuming the "(B)" notifies it's a different version of the track on that Liquid Audio album, a chill out version.I've been unable to find the full length of the chill out versionFrown but maybe one day now i know what i'm looking for...

I just searched "Kevin Malpass Rave Opera" on Discogs and found THIS.

A and B both on there. One CD for sale.

aHa!! That has to be it.Interesting.Thanks. But i'm not that keen on obtaining the track as to go as far as shelling out £10 for the CD it's on.Have searched for that Noiseworks 2 album on Soulseek, Spotify but no luck.There's loads of stuff by this Kevin Malpass guy on Soulseek but alas not Rave Opera B or that Noiseworks 2 album.You can buy the dance version Rave Opera for £0.79 on iTunes and listen to a 1.30 snippet but i'm not interested in that version.Noiseworks 2 and/or Rave Opera B showed up no results when searched on iTunes.Ah well, the quest continues.At least i finally know what the track is after all these years.

ROCKET MICK on 30/09/2018(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#4 Posted : 01 October 2018 11:51:49(UTC)
Fotz

Well, against my better judgement i've gone ahead and bought the CD on Discogs.Just hoping when the CD arrives the Rave Opera B is the track i want.
ROCKET MICK on 02/10/2018(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#5 Posted : 05 October 2018 07:05:13(UTC)
Fotz

The CD with the track on arrived today.Not the wisest £10 i've ever spent but i could always sell the disc oni suppose, now i have the track.It's pretty much what i expected, pretty much more of the same of the snippet on the 24HRPP DVD menu.It's around 3 minutes.I haven't listened to the rest of the CD but i think the point of it is music intended for use in tv, film whatever and....DVD menus? The tracklist has a description to each with stuff like "Ambient piano motif over energetic rhythm" or "Steady, building pace" or "Warm, evocative" as a, i guess, guide for anyone looking to use a short piece of music to soundtrack some scene in tv or private video or whatever.20 pieces of music altogether on the disc.

I ripped 3 minutes or so of the 24HRPP DVD menu visuals and put the full Rave Opera B track audio over the top using Windows Movie Maker.So there's the full track with the DVD menus visuals (that Halucienda image spinning).

Enjoy.

ROCKET MICK on 05/10/2018(UTC)