logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keepitcoming  
#1 Posted : 27 September 2018 21:15:08(UTC)
keepitcoming

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
First of all ,of course there is nothing wrong , this is a site for politely raving and drooling over new order/joydivision, but maybe things could be a little more,well, better.
A suggestion ,just a tiny one.
Rerecord Sunrise. I never got to hear Sunrise on a great turntable ,never bought the Quadrophonic release on vinyl, so ,well it needs something,it is murky .I know, when a band has enough songs to make one happy for 1000years ,why quibble over a song. But the wonderful songs ,cries/whispers,and denial could be also clearer. Murky is good ,but if they spiffed up those songs i would be happy. Also ,are there lyrics in Sunrise
mocking the Cure? Or maybe it is an homage to Cure? Either way is ok.I like them, sometimes.
Also this should be a another new topic, as it may be sensitive ,but as we are blessed to have Jack Hook on site, and to have him traveling all over bringing new order and joydivision sounds live to the world, what about Bernard's kids, or Stephen's and Gillian's. For instance what if one just casually started working with Eno ? Or Bono? Or Judas Priest? Do we have any sayso? I'm not sure i could take it .Eno could learn from Bernard more than Bernard could learn from Eno. And there is nothing to say about Bono so i won't say it .I like justin hayward , david gilmour, jeff beck , or public systems broadcasting ,or the new Nick Masons Pink Floyd.Hey kids -try them instead of eno or bono
Anyway ,if their kids are old enough, maybe they have the neworder bug,, knowing exactly how to write and sing duets with Bernard or Gillian and play great songs .
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/09/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Ken Doherty  
#2 Posted : 15 October 2018 06:45:30(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)
Are there that many kids 'trying' Eno or Bono these days? Neither of them have done much of any artistic merit in God knows how long.
thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 23/10/2018(UTC)