logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keepitcoming  
#1 Posted : 01 August 2018 01:29:55(UTC)
keepitcoming

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
Making playlists of old bands is fun, but somehow all of the old bands get lazy, tired, and not as interesting .I tried to like all of the old Cream, ,Blind Faith, Hendrix, the Who, LedZep, and on and on ad nauseum,yet as an example after listening to Cream's best again I ended up with Pressed Rat and Warthog and As You Said, and Can't Find My Way Home as the repeatable, but Bernard's Can't Find is way more enjoyable repeatably., same can be said for his In the Ghetto. Why listen to Elvis when Bern's better. Stones up to Stucky ,Beatles ,and Paul Simon are mostly unassailable, but not Dylan ,who put out enough drivel for ten lifetimes among his best
It seems after 30 the product is generally awful, with maybe the odd exception such as the bunnies. But everyine else gets really awful once they turn 40 and fulfill their contracts. After Flowers The bunnies suck, but indicators were there in slideling and who do you think you are for the rest of your life, both abominations but for 2 songs.
So that leaves neworder --- Not lazy ,tons of integrity ,and the right stuff., How and Why is not easy to understand , but NO has nothing to be ashamed of and most bands should be ashamed for perpetrating their later crap on faithful loving fans.
A world without New Order would be worse than living on mars bombarded constantly by cosmic rays.
Apolgies to band's that were and are decent enough after they get too old at 40 years ,their fans ,and their mothers
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/08/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Michael Monkhouse  
#2 Posted : 01 August 2018 02:32:42(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Even KIC doesn't understand KIC.
Before he died (not after - that'd be tough), John Lennon wrote a song 'Life Begins at 40.' Ouch.

Edited by user 01 August 2018 02:33:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Linus Solanki  
#3 Posted : 01 August 2018 04:15:08(UTC)
Linus Solanki

Was thanked: 1009 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Originally Posted by: keepitcoming Go to Quoted Post
Making playlists of old bands is fun, but somehow all of the old bands get lazy, tired, and not as interesting .I tried to like all of the old Cream, ,Blind Faith, Hendrix, the Who, LedZep, and on and on ad nauseum,yet as an example after listening to Cream's best again I ended up with Pressed Rat and Warthog and As You Said, and Can't Find My Way Home as the repeatable, but Bernard's Can't Find is way more enjoyable repeatably., same can be said for his In the Ghetto. Why listen to Elvis when Bern's better. Stones up to Stucky ,Beatles ,and Paul Simon are mostly unassailable, but not Dylan ,who put out enough drivel for ten lifetimes among his best
It seems after 30 the product is generally awful, with maybe the odd exception such as the bunnies. But everyine else gets really awful once they turn 40 and fulfill their contracts. After Flowers The bunnies suck, but indicators were there in slideling and who do you think you are for the rest of your life, both abominations but for 2 songs.
So that leaves neworder --- Not lazy ,tons of integrity ,and the right stuff., How and Why is not easy to understand , but NO has nothing to be ashamed of and most bands should be ashamed for perpetrating their later crap on faithful loving fans.
A world without New Order would be worse than living on mars bombarded constantly by cosmic rays.
Apolgies to band's that were and are decent enough after they get too old at 40 years ,their fans ,and their mothers

Yes very true, after all these years it still sounds GOOD to me and they still put out GREAT stuff even at this point in their career, interesting to see what they will put out NEXT
I promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. Nina Cassian
thanks 1 user thanked Linus Solanki for this useful post.
Ken Doherty  
#4 Posted : 02 August 2018 00:53:05(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)

'tons of integrity' - redoing Blue Monday for a Sunkist advert?
thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#5 Posted : 02 August 2018 04:57:17(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3447 time(s) in 2250 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken Doherty Go to Quoted Post

'tons of integrity' - redoing Blue Monday for a Sunkist advert?

Well, when your night club is hemorrhaging tens of thousands a month, an offer of $1million (or whatever it was) must have seemed enticing. Integrity doesn’t pay the bills, I guess.

But I get your point. 😊

I don’t see a lot wrong with the band’s decisions during the Factory years. They sacrificed having a lot of money for the ‘greater good’ (so to speak).

Integrity definitely took somewhat of a nose dive in the London years. When the band didn’t appear to give a damn and (presumably) ok’d all those mixes, reissues, best ofs etc.

Can’t say I blame them particularly. You get a little older and you kind of want an easier life.

Much easier to release a ‘rest of’ album without lifting a finger than sit in a studio for months at a time with people you’re cheesed off with.

Edited by user 02 August 2018 04:59:14(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#6 Posted : 02 August 2018 10:17:41(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
The strange thing is they're still admired for a stance they haven't actually exhibited for decades: live-but-shite TOTP appearances sending singles down the charts (out the window in 84), the staunchly indie band (ditto 93), never play the same set twice (89), no promotion (87), no singles off albums (85)... Funny old world innit.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.