logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Debaser  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2018 05:44:17(UTC)
Debaser

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Yeah you'll know them all. But I probably paid more attenton to the TPK Benelux 7"s than I have before. And the cloth cassette(s) which I've never owned (nice touch with the front and back of the Roses postcard from the National Gallery gift shop).

Sleeves

And you may notice that there's also a BM shaped link to New Order play by play
"An annotated guide to New Order's most important releases".
What's WIM doing in there, eh?

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/05/2018(UTC), perspexorange on 10/05/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Fotzepolitic  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2018 08:40:31(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Got a fair few of those, but also one or two i never got hold of.Never got one of those lovely orange Republic limited run waterproof things.Saw one for sale at a record fair once but didn't have the funds or maybe enough justification at that time.Didn't bother trying to get that record store day Ceremony/IALP.

Have got 3 of the cloth cover cassette boxes; P,C&L, Low-Life and Substance.The Low-Life one is cool because the 4 postcards of photos of the band are different photos from which are on the vinyl and CD versions.It's obviously from the same photo session but different shots. At some point i managed to lose the card that has the Fantin Latour painting in the P,C&L cassette box but bought a postcard of it on one visit to the National Gallery or somewhere in London some years later to replace it.

I have one copy of the Benelux TPK 7", i have the one with Steve on the front and Gillian on the back.If you have the other one, with Bernard and Hook i think if you lay them out side by side "New Order The Perfect Kiss" is over the 2 covers.Seem to recall the lad in the record shop back in the 80s trying to sell me 4 copies because he claimed it would be then possible to have "New Order The Perfect Kiss" in different directions across all the covers or something.Not sure if i quite believed him or not but anyway, i didn't have the money to buy 4 copies back then and didn't feel the urge really.I think he may have been trying to rip me off.

I only ever owned one copy of Procession/EGG 7".Managed to grab the Video 5-8-6 cd when it was released around 97/98.I have the PFD VHS but i'm sure i saw it before i bought it, i think it was broadcast late night/early morning on ITV sometime in 1986.Maybe i dreamt that though.The Run 2 12" is one of my favourite New Order of my collection.But the one of those listed that i haven't got but always thought would be a fun item to have is that Republic limited run thing.Ah well.

thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/05/2018(UTC), Col72 on 10/05/2018(UTC)
perspexorange  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2018 11:17:25(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
This is a nice little article.
Some great sleeves on these fairly obscure items.

I have all except three of them.

I don’t have the The Perfect Kiss sleeves.
I also don’t have the RSD release of Ceremony.

Finally, I don’t have the white box edition of PC&L. It’s the only one of the NO deluxe boxes I don’t have though. I have Movement, Brotherhood, Low Life & Substance. The first two are in superb condition. I bought them new back in about 1990, filed them safely away and haven’t touched them since. The other two are in pretty good condition; seem to remember they have a ding or two on the boxes and are a bit discoloured, but pretty reasonable.

My Run2 is signed by Hooky. Picked it up at Vinyl Exchange in Manchester back in the day. To be honest, I reckon it’s rarer to find one that isn’t signed by Hooky. Every one I’ve ever seen in the flesh has been signed.

Really love that Republic limited edition. It’s a nice touch that the inlay is also waterproof.

PFD. I remember seeing that bundled with a PFD t-shirt in HMV Manchester, but I didn’t buy it. Always regretted not getting it. Silly really. If I did buy it, chances are I would have worn the shirt and ended up binning it after I wore it out (much like all my NO/JD shirts I bought Back in the 80s and 90s). Seem to think the t-shirts came in two variants; green on white and white on green. The latter being really nice IMHO.

Finally, Procession. It’s funny but, to me, every time I see the cover, I always think it should be in Red. Probably because that’s the colour I have.

It wasnt until a couple of years after I bought it that I realised that were different coloured sleeves.

Anyway, thanks for the article link. I enjoyed the read.
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/05/2018(UTC)