logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mdiver65  
#26 Posted : 08 October 2012 08:56:31(UTC)
mdiver65

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I was in the Pit last night. Was it me or was the sound a little "muffled" up front? This was my first time at the Greek and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it but was a little disappointed in the sound up front. Any thoughts?

Edited by user 08 October 2012 09:54:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked mdiver65 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2012(UTC)
ersatz01  
#27 Posted : 08 October 2012 09:28:32(UTC)
ersatz01

Was thanked: 112 time(s) in 75 post(s)
mdiver65 wrote:
I was in the Pit last night. Was it me or was the sound a little "muffled" up front? This was my first time at the Greek and thoroughly every minute of it but was a little disappointed in the sound up front. Any thoughts?

It sounded pretty full and awesome in the back (Section C).
thanks 1 user thanked ersatz01 for this useful post.
LETS_PLAY_HOOKY  
#28 Posted : 08 October 2012 09:53:53(UTC)
LETS_PLAY_HOOKY

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
mdiver65 wrote:
I was in the Pit last night. Was it me or was the sound a little "muffled" up front? This was my first time at the Greek and thoroughly every minute of it but was a little disappointed in the sound up front. Any thoughts?

I was in pit also. Vocals definitely was spotty on some songs.

That was the case at the Oakland show as well. I was about 5 yards out of Barney. For that show, the first line or two of BLT were not audible at all.
New Order: Substance 1987 (UC Berkeley); Technique 1989 (LA)
Peter Hook: Unknown Pleasures 2010&11 (LA); Closer 2011 (LA)
thanks 1 user thanked LETS_PLAY_HOOKY for this useful post.
jilliam  
#29 Posted : 08 October 2012 09:55:14(UTC)
jilliam

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The Greek is renowned for its spectacular sound however they did have a minor snafu last night during some of the opening tunes, luckily they got it sorted out straight away. Bernard's vocals were a bit low at first then sounded great after a few songs. EXCELLENT show. tried to get merch before the gig, unfortunately the line was just as long as a Disneyland ride. My gf who is a very casual NO fan snuk out during one of the songs and scored up some shirts for us. stand out for me was Gillian. she fuckin owned LA last night the stylized lights just bounced and blended in perfectly with her keys. AMAZING. The crowd was great too. managed to toke up pretty much the entire gig without getting any stares on the contrary had an older 50 something couple ask for a few tokes themselves. Bernard got a few good whiffs of it during the gig. lol couldn't really make out what he said up from section B. Can anyone transcribe what he said? He got quite a few "Boos" from the crowd when he said to put it out. GREAT GREAT GREAT show. for me this was a total time travel back to being a 16year old dancing alone in my room in 1990. it was a perfect night, hadn't dance soo much in a very long time.Happy
Thank you New Order.
thanks 1 user thanked jilliam for this useful post.
LETS_PLAY_HOOKY  
#30 Posted : 08 October 2012 09:58:04(UTC)
LETS_PLAY_HOOKY

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
JG wrote:
Just a short one to say that was possibly the most beautiful setting in which I've seen New Order play. Perfect weather for an outdoor gig, great atmosphere with the tall trees surrounding the theater.

Met Tom Attencio (briefly) and thought Bernard's T-shirt was very well ironed.

Massives lines for the merch again. NO broke the record for merch takings at The Fox in Oakland on Friday. Suspect last night was a good one too.

Great to meet up with Vince, Ling, Fac51, Kelly, Ryan, Michael, Yvonne & Dec again. Thats what these gigs are all about. Not sure what happened at Ye Rustic Inn after the gig, I bailed after 1, Wolfram came back to the room after 4am!

Indeed --- the Greek Theater Los Angeles was awesome! I was in the pit and between songs, I would look back up towards the seats and trees --- really amazing.

I also attended N.O. @ UC Berkeley Greek Theater during the Substance Tour (09/87) --- 25 years ago! That setting is my all time favorite --- great acoustics, great lighting, and great Greek stage architecture/background. Wow -- it's been 25 years??? Now, I have both Greeks covered.

New Order: Substance 1987 (UC Berkeley); Technique 1989 (LA)
Peter Hook: Unknown Pleasures 2010&11 (LA); Closer 2011 (LA)
thanks 1 user thanked LETS_PLAY_HOOKY for this useful post.
Kutastha  
#31 Posted : 08 October 2012 10:46:52(UTC)
Kutastha

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
jilliam wrote:
Bernard got a few good whiffs of it during the gig. lol couldn't really make out what he said up from section B. Can anyone transcribe what he said? He got quite a few "Boos" from the crowd when he said to put it out.

"Someone's got a really strong joint in the front here. [Yeah that's] a really strong joint. Could you put it out please? We dont approve of that sort of behavior anymore. We're all good boys these days."

Edited by user 08 October 2012 10:47:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Kutastha for this useful post.
jilliam on 08/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2012(UTC)
JJ  
#32 Posted : 08 October 2012 16:54:22(UTC)
JJ

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think this was the 8th time I've seen NO. Such a great performance. They were so full of energy. As my friend put it, "They are finally a great live band!" LOL! I've always thought they were awesome live though. I'm a little biased though. They were definitely on last night. Interesting look Barney gave Tom Chapman at the end of TPK, almost as if it to say, "what happened to the big bass ending?! " I was able to get Bernard's set list. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I figure how. :)
thanks 1 user thanked JJ for this useful post.
pkfnfan  
#33 Posted : 08 October 2012 17:13:12(UTC)
pkfnfan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
thanks 2 users thanked pkfnfan for this useful post.
L7 on 09/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 10/10/2012(UTC)
68Pontiac  
#34 Posted : 08 October 2012 18:05:06(UTC)
68Pontiac

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
What was with Elgia? Sounded like Barney was playing with his thumbs, kinda like a bad middle school guitar rehearsal, was it him playing badly or was it the sound system? Then the first part of Crystal sounded like a mash of all sounds in a wadded ball... fortunately the sound system was fixed halfway through it, but it did screw it up enough that at first I didn't know what song was playing. After that, everything was awesome. Played almost every song I wanted to hear. Great time, one of my favorite concerts of all time.

Loved the show, but why was there almost no video shooting of Steve? I really wanted to see him on the screen as I couldn't see him from "C" section.

Thought the dig at Hooky was a bit unneeded (when they returned to do the encore, after a fairly long wait for an encore, Barney said, "What? Did you think we wouldn't come back, break up and not reform... is there one missing?" staring at the spot Hooky should be). I did think it was a bit of a bad coincidence as then they went into Atmosphere, and I thought, hmmm... maybe missing two?

Best part had to be meeting Barney. Couldn't believe it. We arrived earlier than expected, so me and the wife were taking our sweet time. Parking attendant noted, "Hey you might hurry one of the band members is over there." Ran over to the side service entrance driveway and sure enough it was Barney. Most people were walking on the sidewalk not even noticing him there, as he was in a corner by some bushes. There were only about 15-20 of us (have no idea how many people had seen him and left), he was going to take off, but was able to get the last picture with him... completely made my night... just wish I had brought something for him to sign, as it was completely unexpected.

By the way, did anyone elese notice that the fans were mainly either white or Asian? Hardly any Hispanics, and that's hard to do in LA...

Edited by user 08 October 2012 18:21:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked 68Pontiac for this useful post.
bob  
#35 Posted : 09 October 2012 02:47:38(UTC)
bob

Sumner, just before launching into LWTUA:

"We've got one more song for you tonight"

[slight pause]

"'Cos all of our other songs are crap"

[audience laughter, followed by a smattering of lighthearted boos]
thanks 1 user thanked bob for this useful post.
AReilly  
#36 Posted : 09 October 2012 12:17:44(UTC)
AReilly

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Sound was great from Section C, great show, it was good to hear some of the older songs, and my daughters first ever gig, great night!!
1984 Heaven Ultradisco, 1985 Slough Fulcrum, 1986 Royal Albert Hall,1987 Wembley Arena 2005 Coachella, 2012 Greek Theatre
thanks 1 user thanked AReilly for this useful post.
Blir  
#37 Posted : 12 October 2012 08:06:12(UTC)
Blir

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Anyone recall the stage time? I'm trying to gauge how quickly they come and go for later gigs. Thanks in advance.
thanks 1 user thanked Blir for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/10/2012(UTC)
pkfnfan  
#38 Posted : 12 October 2012 11:46:24(UTC)
pkfnfan

They went on at 8:45, off at about 10:20ish? best that I recall.
thanks 1 user thanked pkfnfan for this useful post.
Blir  
#39 Posted : 12 October 2012 12:05:58(UTC)
Blir

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
pkfnfan wrote:
They went on at 8:45, off at about 10:20ish? best that I recall.

Big thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked Blir for this useful post.