logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JG  
#51 Posted : 03 August 2012 08:18:26(UTC)
JG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 289 post(s)
Nice one Linus, Housey and everyone.

Now one of you guys needs to idenify a suitable boozer near the venue for everyone to meet up in. It's the NOOL way. There is also a new Vikings badge in production which will be ready, so would be good to meet some of you lot so they can be worn around NYC.
thanks 1 user thanked JG for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/08/2012(UTC)
JG  
#52 Posted : 03 August 2012 08:24:52(UTC)
JG

Even though all gigs have sold out double-quick and it's clear there's great demand, this is pretty much it for additional gigs.

tarbox23  
#53 Posted : 03 August 2012 08:38:31(UTC)
tarbox23

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 120 post(s)
I have tix for Friday, October 19, Roseland NYC

would love to meet up with some of ya beforehand -

I blew it back in 2005 and missed all the old world vikings....
Boston MA 86 | Great Woods MA 87-89-93 | Lake Compounce CT 89 | Meadowlands NJ 89 | NYC 05 + 12
thanks 2 users thanked tarbox23 for this useful post.
JG on 03/08/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 04/08/2012(UTC)
Andrés Londoño  
#54 Posted : 03 August 2012 08:42:44(UTC)
Andrés Londoño

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 63 post(s)
help me somebody help me. Needing a ticket for the Chicago gig .... please let me know!!
thanks 1 user thanked Andrés Londoño for this useful post.
JG  
#55 Posted : 03 August 2012 08:45:27(UTC)
JG

tarbox23 wrote:

Weren't you in the same boozer we were in? and somehow didn't spot us?!. Shame. Aah well, be good to meet up this time around. PM me if you want a mobile number.

Housey  
#56 Posted : 03 August 2012 12:04:37(UTC)
Housey

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 65 post(s)
JG wrote:
Now one of you guys needs to idenify a suitable boozer near the venue for everyone to meet up in. It's the NOOL way. There is also a new Vikings badge in production which will be ready, so would be good to meet some of you lot so they can be worn around NYC.

If there's a meet up before the Thursday show, that would be great. I rarely get to Midtown, so I couldn't suggest a good place, but we'll come over to wherever.

thanks 1 user thanked Housey for this useful post.
68Pontiac  
#57 Posted : 04 August 2012 07:53:37(UTC)
68Pontiac

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Found the Presale for LA... 30 minutes after it closed [banghead]

It was attached to an opera/play company?! Why didn't NO go through KROQ like all the other bands in the area? Just waiting for tickets to show up in an hour....
thanks 1 user thanked 68Pontiac for this useful post.
68Pontiac  
#58 Posted : 04 August 2012 09:34:38(UTC)
68Pontiac

Well, got the LA tickets... hate Ticketmaster... dropped me twice when I tried to purchase tickets... ended up with back section C, row M.... not where I wanted, no bad seats at the Greek... but will have to use binos... If only I saw the presale, what is NO the new Broadway show?
JG  
#59 Posted : 04 August 2012 10:22:23(UTC)
JG

Housey wrote:
JG wrote:

If there's a meet up before the Thursday show, that would be great. I rarely get to Midtown, so I couldn't suggest a good place, but we'll come over to wherever.

There'll defo be something Housey, I'm just hoping local knowledge will be able to recommend a suitable place.
fac51  
#60 Posted : 06 August 2012 07:23:46(UTC)
fac51

Man

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 38 post(s)
68Pontiac wrote:
Well, got the LA tickets... hate Ticketmaster... dropped me twice when I tried to purchase tickets... ended up with back section C, row M.... not where I wanted, no bad seats at the Greek... but will have to use binos... If only I saw the presale, what is NO the new Broadway show?

Who doesn't hate Ticketmaster? Lol!

For the LA pre-sale, my wife & I were our computers trying to get tickets right at 10am. After 12 mins of many attempts getting zero results, not even bad seats, Pit seats came up! I couldn't believe it.
thanks 1 user thanked fac51 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/08/2012(UTC)
Ken Doherty  
#61 Posted : 06 August 2012 08:15:44(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)

Got a ticket for Roseland on the Thursday, although looking at the description of the place on Roseland's website and then the review of the venue in Time Out's New York guide, there seems to be a giant leap between the Jazz Wonderland that the website describes and how T.O. describe it.
thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
68Pontiac  
#62 Posted : 06 August 2012 08:40:56(UTC)
68Pontiac

fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:

For the LA pre-sale, my wife & I were our computers trying to get tickets right at 10am. After 12 mins of many attempts getting zero results, not even bad seats, Pit seats came up! I couldn't believe it.

Heard pit seats are the worst! Can't breathe, too loud and can't hear the beauty of the music, possibility of Barney's sweat being flung in your face, lots of crowding and pushing and elbows that give you black eyes...
...I hate to do this, but being the nice guy I am, do you want to trade?... my seats have none of those problems Nod
thanks 3 users thanked 68Pontiac for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/08/2012(UTC), Jeffari-al-Texani on 06/08/2012(UTC), fac51 on 07/08/2012(UTC)
tarbox23  
#63 Posted : 06 August 2012 12:30:50(UTC)
tarbox23

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 120 post(s)
JG wrote:
tarbox23 wrote:

Weren't you in the same boozer we were in? and somehow didn't spot us?!. Shame. Aah well, be good to meet up this time around. PM me if you want a mobile number.

yep, that was my lame ass.

i will figure out a good nearby pub for friday night pregame, and will definitely PM you my number and get yours -
Boston MA 86 | Great Woods MA 87-89-93 | Lake Compounce CT 89 | Meadowlands NJ 89 | NYC 05 + 12
thanks 1 user thanked tarbox23 for this useful post.
Jeffari-al-Texani  
#64 Posted : 06 August 2012 14:55:31(UTC)
Jeffari-al-Texani

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 65 post(s)
68Pontiac wrote:
fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:

Heard pit seats are the worst! Can't breathe, too loud and can't hear the beauty of the music, possibility of Barney's sweat being flung in your face, lots of crowding and pushing and elbows that give you black eyes...
...I hate to do this, but being the nice guy I am, do you want to trade?... my seats have none of those problems Nod

that is a very noble offer...you should take him up on it before he changes his mind...

thanks 2 users thanked Jeffari-al-Texani for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/08/2012(UTC), fac51 on 07/08/2012(UTC)
68Pontiac  
#65 Posted : 07 August 2012 12:01:54(UTC)
68Pontiac

Jeffari-al-Texani wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:
fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:

that is a very noble offer...you should take him up on it before he changes his mind...

I know right?!

By the way, what's with Rocket Mick liking everyone's comments? Is he running for PM of the board or something? Tongue
ROCKET MICK on 07/08/2012(UTC)
fac51  
#66 Posted : 07 August 2012 13:09:58(UTC)
fac51

Man

68Pontiac wrote:
fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:

OMG! That is *so* generous of you. While I seriously considered your offer, it wouldn't sit right knowing we were coming out so much better than you. Guess we'll have to tolerate being so close and being exposed to Barney's sweat, etc. Tongue
thanks 2 users thanked fac51 for this useful post.
Jeffari-al-Texani on 07/08/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 07/08/2012(UTC)
fac51  
#67 Posted : 07 August 2012 13:11:12(UTC)
fac51

Man

Jeffari-al-Texani wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:
fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:

My conscience won't let me. Smile
68Pontiac  
#68 Posted : 07 August 2012 17:27:54(UTC)
68Pontiac

fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:
fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:

OMG! That is *so* generous of you. While I seriously considered your offer, it wouldn't sit right knowing we were coming out so much better than you. Guess we'll have to tolerate being so close and being exposed to Barney's sweat, etc. Tongue

No worries, I understand. One good thing about them higher seats is the fun of throwing half empty bottles into the pit seats Big Grin
fac51  
#69 Posted : 09 August 2012 06:33:08(UTC)
fac51

Man

68Pontiac wrote:
fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:
fac51 wrote:
68Pontiac wrote:

No worries, I understand. One good thing about them higher seats is the fun of throwing half empty bottles into the pit seats Big Grin

I would greatly appreciate it if you would intercept any airborne objects and thoughtfully dispose of them in the appropriate receptacle. Tongue
ROCKET MICK on 09/08/2012(UTC)
Ken Doherty  
#70 Posted : 11 August 2012 10:32:34(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)

Does anyone have any idea who the support is likely to be on this tour?
thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/08/2012(UTC)
afr0puff  
#71 Posted : 13 August 2012 13:06:42(UTC)
afr0puff

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Ken Doherty wrote:

Oh god! I'm having flashbacks of that god awful band from seven years ago. *shudders*
thanks 1 user thanked afr0puff for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 14/08/2012(UTC)
Andy  
#72 Posted : 13 August 2012 19:19:44(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3069 time(s) in 2142 post(s)
afr0puff wrote:
Ken Doherty wrote:

Oh god! I'm having flashbacks of that god awful band from seven years ago. *shudders*

We had The Chemical Brothers in Oakland. Fair amount of decent bands at Coachella as well...
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 14/08/2012(UTC)
rompler  
#73 Posted : 14 August 2012 19:47:01(UTC)
rompler

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
afr0puff wrote:
Ken Doherty wrote:

ugh..dragonette, i believe. so terrible.

is it too much to ask new order to bring factory floor over stateside???? please.....
thanks 1 user thanked rompler for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/08/2012(UTC)