logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2017 05:21:41(UTC)
Andy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3069 time(s) in 2142 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 01/06/2017(UTC)
Sponsor
Debaser  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2017 05:51:52(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2999 time(s) in 2072 post(s)
Quote:
Creative people like to do something new
says Sumner.

Mr Monkhouse are you reading this? Do you want them to get on with a new album?

Quote:
If you just carry on, the fun diminishes and the reasons why you’re doing it get cloudy in your mind. You have to step back, go out of the room and look at New Order from the outside
says Morris.

Best not to hold your breath then... Oh well

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 01/06/2017(UTC), Rorschach on 03/06/2017(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#3 Posted : 01 June 2017 06:16:32(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Was thanked: 553 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Quote:

New Order listened to their entire back catalogue to assemble a setlist that’s “90 per cent” different from their last tour.

Blimey - I'll believe that when I see it.

Quote:

We make a lot of effort to freshen up the songs” says Sumner.

By playing the same set EVERY night?

Quote:

New Order also plan to be off the case for a while. They’ve been recording and touring since 2011 and it’s time for a long break.

so no new album before 2020 at the earliest I'd suggest?
thanks 2 users thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
79order on 01/06/2017(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 02/06/2017(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#4 Posted : 02 June 2017 02:37:05(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Creative people like to do something new:
Blue Monday 83 88 95, True Faith 87 94, 1963 87 95; Substance, Best Of, Rest Of, International, Retro, Singles, remasters, 'corrected' (but still shit) remasters, Total, '''''corrected''''' Singles rerelease...
First single JD covers 7", 12", rereleased 12", Record Day JD versions rerelease; Still; Rereleased JD first Peel Session 12" 1, Peel session 2, Peel Sessions LP, rereleased LP in new cover, included in Complete BBC Sessions; Atmosphere 88, Substance 88; London reissues 93, 'NOSory' DVD, Radio 1 and MTV retros; Love Will Tear Us Apart 95, Permanent 95; Heart and Soul box set; Remastered Preston live, Bains Douches live, Fractured Box (Preston live and Bains Douches live), Re Fractured Box (including Preston live, Les Bains Douches live so Fractured Box); CD remastered reissues; JD DVD interviews; The Best Of 2008; + / - box set; CD remastered reissues remastered on vinyl...
Best of Electronic.

Edited by user 02 June 2017 02:40:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Col72 on 02/06/2017(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 02/06/2017(UTC)
Col72  
#5 Posted : 02 June 2017 04:03:55(UTC)
Col72

Man

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post
Creative people like to do something new:
Blue Monday 83 88 95, True Faith 87 94, 1963 87 95; Substance, Best Of, Rest Of, International, Retro, Singles, remasters, 'corrected' (but still shit) remasters, Total, '''''corrected''''' Singles rerelease...
First single JD covers 7", 12", rereleased 12", Record Day JD versions rerelease; Still; Rereleased JD first Peel Session 12" 1, Peel session 2, Peel Sessions LP, rereleased LP in new cover, included in Complete BBC Sessions; Atmosphere 88, Substance 88; London reissues 93, 'NOSory' DVD, Radio 1 and MTV retros; Love Will Tear Us Apart 95, Permanent 95; Heart and Soul box set; Remastered Preston live, Bains Douches live, Fractured Box (Preston live and Bains Douches live), Re Fractured Box (including Preston live, Les Bains Douches live so Fractured Box); CD remastered reissues; JD DVD interviews; The Best Of 2008; + / - box set; CD remastered reissues remastered on vinyl...
Best of Electronic.

Thanks for the list, got most of those, but will have to invest in the +/- box for completeness...
There's no sense in telling me, the wisdom of a fool wont set you free
thanks 1 user thanked Col72 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/06/2017(UTC)
Col72  
#6 Posted : 02 June 2017 04:13:57(UTC)
Col72

Man

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GotBlueEyes Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

New Order listened to their entire back catalogue to assemble a setlist that’s “90 per cent” different from their last tour.

Given Mr Sumners dodgy memory, in the forthcoming 10 song sets, I'm expecting 1 'rare' song (10%), not 90%.

And I expect that song to be something like 'krafty' or at push, 'World'

Only time can tell
There's no sense in telling me, the wisdom of a fool wont set you free
thanks 1 user thanked Col72 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/06/2017(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#7 Posted : 02 June 2017 16:53:00(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3615 time(s) in 2616 post(s)
Wow.Oh dear. A lot of those Guardian reading commenters on that article are whining and crying on about New Order being bad musicians when experienced live.Guardian readers are pretty oppressive people aren't they.Their idea of a great live gig obviously involves stroking their chin to the expert musicianship of Ed Sheehran or Coldplay or Eric Clapton/David Gilmour.Go to a gig and get drunk and jump around, Guardian readers.Jeez.

Guardian readers really don't like having fun do they.They hate people having fun.Give me strength.Tossers.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/06/2017(UTC)
Debaser  
#8 Posted : 03 June 2017 01:44:36(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2999 time(s) in 2072 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Guardian readers really don't like having fun do they.They hate people having fun.Give me strength.Tossers.

Well I'm a Guardian reader - at least part time (buy it on a Saturday, read bits online during the week. The Guide & Weekend magazine on Sat are great!).
I would suggest that generally speaking the paper has given NO some pretty positive coverage over the years - including live reviews. Of course not all their readers agree, because unlike here they aren't all NO fans, and because all interesting artists tend to divide opinion. It's the bland ones that people tend to shrug at. There is also some merit to the criticism of NO's live appeal. I'm pretty sure that many on this forum would acknowledge that NO historically have a hit & miss live reputation.

But there are shedloads of positive comments too e.g: "I seen them last year and they sounded magnificent....", "They were the highlight of last year's Glastonbury." "every now and again everything would slot into place and they'd sound like the greatest band on the planet. " "They were terrific live at the Royal Albert Hall (Teenage Cancer Trust) last year..." "The night I saw them - totally awesome. The extended version of Temptation is a musical memory that will never fade." "But they still are incredible, Music Complete is a great album." "Such an incredible body of work, probably the best they've ever been right now as a touring band" "Spot on. The current live version of Temptation alone is worth the entry fee." "definitive Manchester 80s ; there was Manchester United and there was New Order ...gone are the days and the nightclubs..still we have the New Order . true faithful !"

Positively gushing! And that's not even all of them.

ps If you ever think you haven't read enough articles about New Order, Factory, Tony Wilson, Saville, Hooky, the Hac, just type those words into the search option at the top of that Guardian page; you will be overwhelmed with articles - mostly positve.

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/06/2017(UTC)