logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billyburg129  
#1 Posted : 28 March 2017 10:38:39(UTC)
billyburg129

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So what are people's expectations for the next round of US shows? I'm going to the show at Radio City and am hoping we do not see the same stage setup and setlist as the shows last year. They completely ignored Republic and Technique during the last show and while I know Republic is their least favorite album, I quite enjoy it.
thanks 1 user thanked billyburg129 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/03/2017(UTC)
Sponsor
Jim  
#2 Posted : 28 March 2017 17:19:53(UTC)
Jim

Man

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Yes it's nice to dream, but I'm betting its the same show with one song added. I'm going to the Santa Barbara show.

It would be nice if they did warm up shows for the Manchester show, by testing different songs to see what will work.

The last time they did the Tibet show, they added Californian grass to the set list for a few shows. So I'm betting Stray dog will be added this time. Which will be kinda cool to hear Barney do the vocals for it.

So my best guess is the same set list, same stage. With Academic being replaced with Stray dog. And Decades being added to the JD encore. And my long shot guess is All day long will be added to test for the Manchester show. My dream song to add to the show would be round and round, my number 1 bucket list song, of songs I never heard live before.
thanks 1 user thanked Jim for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/03/2017(UTC)
Mr_D1sco  
#3 Posted : 29 March 2017 02:48:06(UTC)
Mr_D1sco

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Singularity
Ceremony
Academic
Crystal
Restless
Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti
People on the High Line
Bizarre Love Triangle
Waiting for the Sirens' Call
Plastic
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
Blue Monday
Temptation

Encore:
Love Will Tear Us Apart
Superheated
thanks 1 user thanked Mr_D1sco for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 29/03/2017(UTC)
Jim  
#4 Posted : 29 March 2017 05:42:11(UTC)
Jim

Man

Nailed it. But I say 3 song encore with Decades.
ROCKET MICK on 29/03/2017(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#5 Posted : 30 March 2017 02:21:49(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
NO comment.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/03/2017(UTC)
Andy  
#6 Posted : 31 March 2017 21:43:08(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3069 time(s) in 2142 post(s)
There's far too many classic tracks neglected in the sets over the years so I'll just focus on recent history. I think Unlearn this Hatred deserves to be in the set. It has an excellent chorus (and Chappy bass) . I love Nothing but a Fool, and really thought it would be performed at the Vivid gigs in Sydney. Perhaps they (Bernard) don't think it will come across well live (also the official reason given for ignoring most of Technique).

They really need to drop Tutti Frutti unless Elly shows up to sing live.
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 31/03/2017(UTC)
Debaser  
#7 Posted : 01 April 2017 03:13:42(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3003 time(s) in 2073 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post
There's far too many classic tracks neglected in the sets over the years so I'll just focus on recent history. I think Unlearn this Hatred deserves to be in the set. It has an excellent chorus (and Chappy bass) . I love Nothing but a Fool, and really thought it would be performed at the Vivid gigs in Sydney. Perhaps they (Bernard) don't think it will come across well live (also the official reason given for ignoring most of Technique).

They really need to drop Superheated too. To me it's a Killers song for AOR radio.
I like your choices of songs that need to go in, but I have my doubts.
Unlearn (even with Chappy bass) feels like a Bernard solo effort. It's primarily voice, pre-programmed synths and drum machine. Not much for the rest of the band to do. And NBAF is perhaps the best song on MC, but it really needs those backing vocals. And I think they have to be live, not on "tape*". So unless the band are gonna take Denise & Dawn (or another couple of backing vocalists) on tour with them, I don't see it happening. Mind you, I was sure they would give it a bash at the Warehouse Project considering the aforementioned ladies took part in that gig, bit I don't believe they did.

*if anyone points out it's not tape I'll go medieval on their ass Smile
thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/04/2017(UTC)
Jim  
#8 Posted : 01 April 2017 05:49:45(UTC)
Jim

Man

Wasn't unlearn this hatred the only song they did the vocals first and the music last?

I have hope they could rework the song, to make a live version. They did it for close range and guilt is a useless emotion. Both very different then the cd versions. I could see a nice guitar part added to the chorus. And Academic is their rotation song, so I'm guessing that is where it could go.

Edited by user 01 April 2017 05:52:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ROCKET MICK on 02/04/2017(UTC)
Andy  
#9 Posted : 02 April 2017 06:00:10(UTC)
Andy

Man

Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post

They really need to drop Superheated too. To me it's a Killers song for AOR radio.
I like your choices of songs that need to go in, but I have my doubts.
Unlearn (even with Chappy bass) feels like a Bernard solo effort. It's primarily voice, pre-programmed synths and drum machine. Not much for the rest of the band to do. And NBAF is perhaps the best song on MC, but it really needs those backing vocals. And I think they have to be live, not on "tape*". So unless the band are gonna take Denise & Dawn (or another couple of backing vocalists) on tour with them, I don't see it happening. Mind you, I was sure they would give it a bash at the Warehouse Project considering the aforementioned ladies took part in that gig, bit I don't believe they did.

*if anyone points out it's not tape I'll go medieval on their ass Smile

Bernard's vocal was meant for another act's track. When they opted not to use it, he brought it to New Order for them to put music to.

So it started as somewhat of a "Bernard solo effort" but the final product is not.
ROCKET MICK on 03/04/2017(UTC)
Debaser  
#10 Posted : 02 April 2017 07:30:01(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3003 time(s) in 2073 post(s)

Bernard's vocal was meant for another act's track. When they opted not to use it, he brought it to New Order for them to put music to.

Yes Digitalism (I met Isi from Digitalism once, at the Scala in London. He was standing near the bar having a drink whilst we were waiting for...Digitalism to come on stage. Friendly bloke).

I would still suggest that the final track barely fits into a band aesthetic. When Bad Loo played the Electric Ballroom, they "performed" Out Of Control. If my memory serves me correctly, what that really meant was that some synthy/hard drive stuff was wheeled on stage and Bernard did a nice Karaoke to it whilst the other band members kinda sorta played along a bit. I cant help thinking that it's a similar scenario with Unlearn (Tom Rowlands synths), albeit with Chappy bass added.
But hey I love the Chems and the song. If they can rework it for a more "live" perfomance then great, it beats the pants off Academic.

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Andy on 02/04/2017(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 03/04/2017(UTC)
keepitcoming  
#11 Posted : 02 April 2017 13:39:23(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
It would be nice if on their trip to california , they decide to take a side trip to death valley to see the flowers, where i can offer them some water and protection against gila monsters, then to Sequoia NP, then to santa barbara, where they play an unplugged set on tbe beach before the night show, then via big sur ,carmel, and monterrey, to berkeley ,and another unplugged show on the golden gate . And they just feel like playing 4 songs from technique, 4 from bro, 4 from republic, 4 from get ready, 7 sirens 2 pcl, 5 singles, 4 joys ,3 mc .= 37 songs , plus world in motion
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
Del Boy  
#12 Posted : 03 April 2017 01:49:47(UTC)
Del Boy

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Dubai on the 7th April will surely give the best steer as to likely set list me thinks.
thanks 1 user thanked Del Boy for this useful post.
Andy  
#13 Posted : 03 April 2017 05:54:55(UTC)
Andy

Man

Originally Posted by: Del Boy Go to Quoted Post
Dubai on the 7th April will surely give the best steer as to likely set list me thinks.

How'd you work that out?

According to this article, Dubai is just a continuation of the Music Complete tour.

With that stated, it's difficult to imagine the MIF project influencing a major shake-up to the sets at the US dates.
Del Boy  
#14 Posted : 03 April 2017 07:07:40(UTC)
Del Boy

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Simply that Dubai is only 6 days before first of US dates and why would they change it much after that?
thanks 1 user thanked Del Boy for this useful post.