logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Debaser  
#1 Posted : 12 August 2016 04:29:51(UTC)
Debaser

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1434 time(s) in 1131 post(s)
Just an idea: A thread for stuff relating to Twitter, FB, instagram, Spotify etc. If y'all don't like it then I guess it'll just fade away like other threads.
First post incorporates two of the above.

I don't know if I use Spotify differently from others, but when I click on the link above it takes me to THIS page. However if I try to play a track from it, Spotify opens up on my PC and just sort of looks at me. So I had to type in Mixtape New Order to find what I tried to play.
I notice on the initial link that track 4 is listed as True Dub from the Hacienda Acid House Classics comp (True dub is indeed how the track is listed - incorrectly- on that compilation) but when I open up Spotify properly it correctly names the track as True Faith, the Eschreamer Dub (and lists the Brotherhood reissue as the source).
Anyway, I'm sure Hooky would be pleased for his Hacienda comp to get a mention in a NO playlist.

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/08/2016(UTC)
Sponsor
Fotzepolitic  
#2 Posted : 13 August 2016 01:54:29(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

Was thanked: 1179 time(s) in 903 post(s)
So you mean like a thread to collate any stuff of interest New Order post on Twitter, Facebook etc? Might be a good idea, might not.I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so it'll probably of more help to me than a lot of people, i'll find out about stuff i wouldn't otherwise have known about.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotzepolitic for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/08/2016(UTC)
Debaser  
#3 Posted : 01 September 2016 15:56:20(UTC)
Debaser

Was there a thread for the Singles compilation reissue? I can't find it. Could it have been lost when the forum went down?
They're calling Singles a box set now, just for fun. I suppose a 4 piece vinyl set is a kind of a box-set...
ROCKET MICK on 02/09/2016(UTC)
Debaser  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2017 09:44:06(UTC)
Debaser

ROCKET MICK on 09/09/2017(UTC)
Jim  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2017 15:02:27(UTC)
Jim

Man

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 83 post(s)
I posted on a past thread with my displeasure about New Order on Spotify. And nothing's changed. They are missing most of Substance & their singles before MC. Compared with other bands from their era, their Spotify page is the worst.

I love Spotify, use it everyday. I even took all music off my phone, because Spotify has everything. but I still have New Order, because it's just not there. Sorry boys, no streaming clicks from me until you put your full library up.

thanks 1 user thanked Jim for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/09/2017(UTC)
NotAMod  
#6 Posted : 11 September 2017 14:11:10(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 767 time(s) in 515 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jim Go to Quoted Post
I posted on a past thread with my displeasure about New Order on Spotify. And nothing's changed. They are missing most of Substance & their singles before MC. Compared with other bands from their era, their Spotify page is the worst.

I love Spotify, use it everyday. I even took all music off my phone, because Spotify has everything. but I still have New Order, because it's just not there. Sorry boys, no streaming clicks from me until you put your full library up.

Yes but that's your own problem really. You chose to wholesale - and rather rigidly - to move over to a music delivery platform which didn't have a big enough selection of one of your favourite band's back catalogue for your liking. Throwing your toys out of the pram about it on here probably isn't going to have much of an impact.

We all have different listening habits. Personally, I don't like Spotify because if I happen to be on a plane or somewhere else with no mobile or Wi-Fi connection then I can't use it. Plus the sound quality's shite. Spotify is basically 'leasing' music to you based on your connection and subscription. I'd rather own a copy (CD, vinyl, FLAC etc.) so I can do what I like with it. It's a bit more effort to maintain but if you're passionate about the music then I have found that is its own reward. Each to their own in that regard.

Most importantly, there's famously bugger all money in streaming from an artist perspective - unless you're Beyonce or Adele - so the incentive is not there for them to have a truly comprehensive offering. Why put all that effort into assembling something that will be given away for something only slightly better than free?

I suspect you'll have to live with the 'New Order Spotify Scandal' for some time to come. Condolences.
thanks 1 user thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/09/2017(UTC)