logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<141516
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#376 Posted : 27 November 2018 07:42:30(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1465 time(s) in 1134 post(s)
Vietnam is not completely unlistenable. It’s so so. But I just don’t get anything out of listening to it. It’s unrewarding. Maybe a few nice flourishes from Hooky but that’s about it.

Exit, Get Out and Hypnosis are all great little pieces. Listened to them a lot around the time of Control. Get Out easily the best and most affecting of the three.Really lovely,haunting piano.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotzepolitic for this useful post.
Dennis Remmer on 27/11/2018(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#377 Posted : 07 December 2018 05:40:58(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 1493 time(s) in 1225 post(s)
Dennis rarely puts a foot wrong, but even he has to qualify 'They never sold out.' ('Flogging a dead horse...') They practically admitted it themselves in the 44678437905432 1993 interviews:
O2: When London talk about a 4th Republic single to lead up to Christmas, it's not very New Order... We feel like we've sold a bit of our souls already, like there'll be no more videos for art's sake, and we're shaping up to say no next time.
Bernard: We've done endless promotion, really because London see New Order as something of an investment.
Hooky: London seem very trad, but after working with us, they might change. / Really? It'd be strange for a multinational to change over four musicians. / Ha ha, you're right you bastard! You journos are always right.
I don't object to people actually wanting to get paid, but it amazes me that they are still admired for this totally like, rad stance they haven't flaunted for over 30 years.
Dennis Remmer  
#378 Posted : 12 December 2018 07:39:52(UTC)
Dennis Remmer

Man

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post
Dennis rarely puts a foot wrong, but even he has to qualify 'They never sold out.'

...in so far as they never did a Jazz album, have (yet) to do an acoustic greatest hits, and their Christmas recordings were limited to the Hacienda Flexi - which has cred.

In other aspects I may be wrong. Roll Eyes

Michael Monkhouse  
#379 Posted : 12 December 2018 11:15:34(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 1493 time(s) in 1225 post(s)
Could be wrong...
they never did a Jazz album, never did an acoustic greatest hits, never did a festive recording... For years, never did FA.
Everyone wells out (unless they die or go insane first). My personal favourite was Alexei Sayle's 'Geoffrey the Tube Train and the Fat Comedian', wherein he discusses Comedian's Hell. 7 layers getting deeper and deeper depending on your crime, from gameshows through US sitcoms to... The WORST thing, the MOST DESPICABLE crime: ADVERTS.
Four years later Lex was VOing Woolies.

Edited by user 13 December 2018 04:51:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified