logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages«<171819
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Technique97  
#451 Posted : 02 March 2020 08:54:22(UTC)
Technique97

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Now that this project has ended, I'd really love to see the same thing but covering every song of the side projects, Electronic, Revenge, Monaco, The Other Two, Freebass and Bad Lieutenant. Maybe even cover collaborations too such as Bernard's work with 808 State & A Certain Ratio, Hooky with The Liminanas etc.
thanks 1 user thanked Technique97 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/03/2020(UTC)
Dennis Remmer  
#452 Posted : 03 March 2020 19:10:36(UTC)
Dennis Remmer

Man

Was thanked: 227 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Technique97 Go to Quoted Post
Now that this project has ended, I'd really love to see the same thing but covering every song of the side projects, Electronic, Revenge, Monaco, The Other Two, Freebass and Bad Lieutenant. Maybe even cover collaborations too such as Bernard's work with 808 State & A Certain Ratio, Hooky with The Liminanas etc.

You're not the first to ask, thanks Smile

I'll very likely do it, but at the moment I've got firm plans to publish a book based on the New Order blog so that's got my attention.

DR
thanks 2 users thanked Dennis Remmer for this useful post.
perspexorange on 04/03/2020(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 05/03/2020(UTC)
perspexorange  
#453 Posted : 04 March 2020 01:32:58(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 1353 time(s) in 1046 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dennis Remmer Go to Quoted Post

You're not the first to ask, thanks Smile

I'll very likely do it, but at the moment I've got firm plans to publish a book based on the New Order blog so that's got my attention.

DR

This is good news, on both points.
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/03/2020(UTC), Dennis Remmer on 07/03/2020(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#454 Posted : 04 March 2020 03:43:47(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 1836 time(s) in 1511 post(s)
Revenge,.

We can do without that. The only thing they achieved was making The Other Pooh sound almost okay.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/03/2020(UTC)
Dennis Remmer  
#455 Posted : 23 March 2020 19:04:45(UTC)
Dennis Remmer

Man

Commenced work on the book version of the NewOrderTracks blog. Seems like a good time to focus on creative things, right?

This is where you all come in Smile

I'm looking to incorporate (other) fans' wonderful feedback into the book structure, so if you haven't already (many of you did!) feel free to spend some of these long hours inside revisiting your own thoughts on New Order's songs and add your feedback to the blog entries. There was some great discussion here as well so I'll be tapping into NOOL as well.

http://newordertracks.wordpress.com

Thanks
Dennis

PS Fuck off virus. Stay strong everyone.
thanks 1 user thanked Dennis Remmer for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 25/03/2020(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#456 Posted : 24 March 2020 00:08:09(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

What, is there some kind of virus going round? They should publicise these things more.
What's the difference between coronavirus and mother's legs? Coronavirus can't spread forever.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 25/03/2020(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#457 Posted : 18 June 2020 03:53:05(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post
I went through YO before.
In 1993 the O-Zone said NO had brought credibility to the footie record (a lot of competetion there) so would they ever consider doing a song for Eurovision? Bernard said No - but they did and it's Liar. Boy, it sucks like a toothless whore. There was a negative review of Rep in Select and it criticised 'the cloying POLITENESS of it all - Hague gives a little bit of room for the bass parts and then Bernard can sing etc.' Actually, reviews were quite positive, probably cos they were coming from an overall pop perspective rather than a we-want-Technique-2-with-Hooky fan perspective. Even Select said, 'It isn't a bad album, just an inert one.' In fact, the build-up was super-positive - Radio 1 saying 'Technique was good but that was for the 80s: this is the same for the 90s,' a 2-part NME article ('Republic is great') and - after release - that Paul Lester NME shite: 'Republic shows they are currently making the finest music of their lives.' Bollocks cos it wasn't current either.
After Dennis' Avalanche piece, I will banish Republic from my life forever. I've spent far too much time on a bland, mediocre puddle of pooh that makes One Direction sound like the Sex Pistols.

This was the Select review. Ti quote Virgil, too fucking right.
http://selectmagazinesca...oads/2018/09/albums3.jpg

thanks 2 users thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 20/06/2020(UTC), Dennis Remmer on 22/06/2020(UTC)
Dennis Remmer  
#458 Posted : 26 June 2020 01:07:45(UTC)
Dennis Remmer

Man

Hi team - so work is well underway turning the blog into a book, and I'll be tapping in to my discographic past for some quality addendums including a UK timeline. Here's where you come in.

I've put together a draft timeline of sessions and UK releases from a wide range of sources, correcting some of the information contained in them (and there is a lot of misinformation out there), and verifying against official sources; not least of which are those compiling the Definitive editions (thanks JZ!). There are still some question marks about some of the details.

For those of you with an OCD eye and some inside knowledge, I'd welcome your corrections or updates. You can download my spreadsheet here, and please send through your corrections/updates (e.g. PDF markup or just comments) to me by email - also please reference your source. All assistance will be acknowledged.

Thanks
Dennis

thanks 1 user thanked Dennis Remmer for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 26/06/2020(UTC)