logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2016 11:33:52(UTC)
Andy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Apparently, The Light plays New Order's songs so well, Hooky wishes they had written New Order's tracks with him instead of, you know, Bernard, Gillian and Stephen:

IrishNews
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2016(UTC)
Sponsor
LostSiren  
#2 Posted : 08 January 2016 13:03:49(UTC)
LostSiren

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 176 post(s)
over time, his demarcation on when things started to go bad in New Order gets earlier and earlier. Now, Brotherhood was when it went bad. Prior to this the only thing I ever heard the band say that was negative about the experience of making the album was in retrospect they overmixed it.
thanks 1 user thanked LostSiren for this useful post.
LostSiren  
#3 Posted : 08 January 2016 13:07:34(UTC)
LostSiren

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 176 post(s)
I will add, though, The Light sound fantastic doing Brotherhood -- but I suspect it's because the songs are great, not 'Joy Revision'
thanks 1 user thanked LostSiren for this useful post.
Alex_Loyal  
#4 Posted : 08 January 2016 13:07:57(UTC)
Alex_Loyal

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
"Thirty years of New Order were condensed into 100 pages – and 60 of those was him calling me a bastard!"

I think 2 pages talked about the stupid prick, and we're in response to his slagging off of Bernard and the band. I really hope Hook gets fuck all from this court case, these quotes just show what a deluded liar he is.
thanks 2 users thanked Alex_Loyal for this useful post.
the_blank_from_hell on 14/01/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2016(UTC)
Johnny James  
#5 Posted : 08 January 2016 13:13:03(UTC)
Johnny James

Was thanked: 943 time(s) in 438 post(s)
We did keep playing Sunrise (a Low-Life stand-out) for a little while until Barney (Sumner, New Order singer) got a bit p*****-off with Gillian's (Gilbert, New Order keys) guitar playing and sacked it.

...yeah, that one she played keyboards on.
thanks 2 users thanked Johnny James for this useful post.
Fotz on 09/01/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2016(UTC)
keepitcoming  
#6 Posted : 08 January 2016 21:49:10(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
Play on Peter . All the singles and Warsaw you overlooked and the 3 electronic discs you were not part of , the two OT and you, revenge Monaco , and everything else up to the lost sirens and BL and MC, then write an opera. Show the world that Roger is not the only crazy bass player
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#7 Posted : 09 January 2016 03:40:08(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alex_Loyal Go to Quoted Post
"Thirty years of New Order were condensed into 100 pages – and 60 of those was him calling me a bastard!"

I think 2 pages talked about the stupid prick, and we're in response to his slagging off of Bernard and the band. I really hope Hook gets fuck all from this court case, these quotes just show what a deluded liar he is.

Yep. Think i said much the same on one thread on here a while back; Bernard only devoted a few pages in his book to the fall out with Hooky ,ok maybe it was a little bit more than that but certainly nowhere near to the 60 pages Hooky claims.Whatever it was it was miniscule in comparison to the length and childishness Hooky has gone to in slagging Bernard and the rest off.The guy really is one nasty , utterly deluded piece of work.He frequently twists facts and history either through malice or really bad fucking memory ( for example the Sunrise thing as mentioned above).He may have a couple of valid points like the selling off of Hacienda stuff being inaccurately written about in Mojo but that's far outweighed by his constant nasty comments, twisting of facts and completely uncalled for and bang out of order comments about ex band members.

One of the saddest things is that the people who are part of his band (Pottsy?), people who give him venues and stage time,people who invite him to appear on their festival bill (the Heaven 17 guys who asked him to be part of their festival), interviewers who give him air time or print time are looking guilty by association.By supporting and giving time to a guy who frequently slags off fellow musicians and Cancer sufferers they are not doing themselves any favours and are letting themselves down.

Hooky keeps going on about how New Order never stop talking about him in interviews, yeah, because you never talk about them at all ever, do you Hooky? Prick.

Jeez, why do i even bother with this shit anymore.

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#8 Posted : 09 January 2016 03:43:20(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
What a load of fucking bollocks. New year's resolution: go to every Light gig and don't read a single interview.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Tony Casanova  
#9 Posted : 10 January 2016 23:19:24(UTC)
Tony Casanova

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Your book's 1000 pages, you say?
That's gonna be fun.

"....as usual, I had the last laugh..."

UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Tony Casanova for this useful post.
Fotz on 11/01/2016(UTC), Michael Monkhouse on 13/01/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2016(UTC)
Low Life  
#10 Posted : 12 January 2016 00:12:59(UTC)
Low Life

Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 58 post(s)
From the interviews I've read, New Order members only seem to mention the 'Hooky' issue reluctantly when asked, they don't offer it up EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME THEY SPEAK.

And his continued Gillian putdowns are an utter disgrace.
thanks 1 user thanked Low Life for this useful post.
Alexey Fyodorovich  
#11 Posted : 12 January 2016 00:29:46(UTC)
Alexey Fyodorovich

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Has Peter gone totally mad? On one hand he said in a recent interview that he would like to reconcile with Stephen, Bernard and Gillian, but on the other hand he makes comments like the ones in this article that seem to serve no purpose other than to hurt others and make reconciliation more and more unlikely, if it's even possible at all now. Nowadays he almost always comes off sounding incredibly bitter and spiteful.
thanks 2 users thanked Alexey Fyodorovich for this useful post.
Low Life on 13/01/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2016(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#12 Posted : 13 January 2016 05:08:15(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

HOOK, SLIME AND STINKER

A rare interview with rock's shy, retiring Hookster

Pay to download it HERE or read it for free all over the fucking Net

Hi, Hooky! I've just extricated my tongue from your arsehole long enough to ask a coupla questions...

Fuck off you cunt.
Well your 39616395274-word autobiography, 'Fuck Off Cunts', is out between next week and Autumn 2086...
How'd you know that?
I'm writing it.
Oh yeah. What'm I like?... You see, the problems began when Ian was born. And me. And Bernard. Bastards. I hate all of us. Things were all right before that. It was like someone snatched the prize off yer before you won it so you said I'm gonna lose it again. Who buys vinyl anyway?
Mmmm...
I think people respected New Order because we stayed with Factory and Manchester without money or interviews, which is why we went to London and London and became millionires and told interviewers about it. People respect that too... When I hear New Order now, it makes me sad so I have to cheer myself up by playing these New Order songs live. I guess I'm lucky to have New Order so I can forget about New Order. I could get sad. I don't want to have anything to do with New Order, just play every New Order song. I'm angry that New Order are touring too, I'd never do that. I prefer live gigs to concert performances.
How do you get on with them now?
I hate them. You see, I love New Order. I despise Bernard Morris, Stephen Wilson and Gillian Gretton and have tremendous respect for all of them. The next album was shit and I can't wait to play it live. It was okay until 2042's Repubelick, which was great as Bernard and Stephen Hague kept it a classic New Order album, then Stephen Hague and Bernard got involved and it just didn't sound like New Order. I honestly don't think Gillian Morris would've been involved either if I wasn't married to her and she hadn't hung himself in the kitchen on 31 February 1942. Also she's black and I think Tony was worried Granada would think he's homophobic. That's important to us Mancunians. We just don't care!
Any final memories?
Yeah, we were playing Sister Heat in East Uranus on 95 December 1907 and Gillian wanted to sing White Ray three times. Unfortunately her bass-playing was so bad Ian Albrecht threw up all seven times and Kim Dicken divorced her all four times. Fortunately I was strumming electric dums on Atmosphere Will Get Us Away With It with Johnny Gillespie from The Stone Smiths and Jack Savile, my daughter, so the crowds were all right.
Thank you, Hooky. I hope that's set the record straight.
Fuck off.
thanks 5 users thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Low Life on 13/01/2016(UTC), Andy on 13/01/2016(UTC), 79order on 13/01/2016(UTC), the_blank_from_hell on 14/01/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2016(UTC)
79order  
#13 Posted : 13 January 2016 12:16:20(UTC)
79order

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Michael monk house that hooky interview is one of the funniest things I've read in the 15 odd years of reading this

Keep it coming
thanks 1 user thanked 79order for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#14 Posted : 14 January 2016 02:56:06(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Awesome. Mind you, they all talk bollocks. My fave was Bernard with psychophant Paul Lester in '93:
New Order seem to like pushing themselves. - 'To the limit, yeah!'
(2 seconds later)
I feel NO could've been more successful. - 'Yeah but then you gotta work really hard and I can't be bothered.'
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.