logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Debaser  
#26 Posted : 24 January 2016 06:26:02(UTC)
Debaser

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2996 time(s) in 2071 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post
Another fan made video: Tutti Frutti

Just watched this now. As fan-made videos go, this is good!

Originally Posted by: BazG Go to Quoted Post
"The new clip, directed by Tom Haines and starring Italian actor Ricky Tognazzi, bounces between sadness and euphoria as it follows the ever-so-slightly surreal story of an aging performer."

Thanks. The way he is imagining some bits which presumably happened in the past is a bit sad/disconcerting, whilst the apparent love he gets from the dancers is kinda sweet. I'm still trying to figure out the deal with the girl at 3.21. Almost as though it's his daughter or someone he had a minor affair with whilst giving her a showbiz break.

Originally Posted by: Aracri Go to Quoted Post
Thinking 'bout the meaning of that video. Seems we have a retiring TV presenter and his young substitute. The oldest makes his last presentation, as a goodbye, but he is showing to everybody he's still so good and amazing, maybe better than the new guy - he don't want to leave the scene. A reference to New Order?

Ooh, Deep!

Originally Posted by: NotAMod Go to Quoted Post
I'm sure we can't be the only ones wondering what the point was of releasing a video now to promote a single first put out digitally way back in October and then physically in early December. Videos normally promote the music, help shift copies and in turn push the single up the charts "at the time".

I think it's a different approach. If you're Justin Beiber or Adele you're going for the big hit. I get the feeling that this is about keeping an artist bubbling in the media rather than trying to compete for a smash hit. I guess I've banged on about the Chemical Brothers a lot recently, but they're on a massive label (Universal), and are doing something similar. Sometimes I Feel So Deserted came out in April, with a cheap placeholder video. The proper video (best video of 2015 IMO) didn't come out til August, by which time the track had been in and out of the charts. And then they put remixes out in September and November. Also in early December they released Wide Open (feat Beck), however the video is "coming soon" according to a tweet from the Chems last Friday. I don't think this is Universal cocking up; it seems to be deliberate.

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 24/03/2016(UTC)
Rorschach  
#27 Posted : 24 January 2016 08:13:13(UTC)
Rorschach

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 258 post(s)
Worth the wait.

A bittersweet video, how very Neworder.

Made me smile quite a bit at the end.

thanks 1 user thanked Rorschach for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#28 Posted : 25 January 2016 02:13:43(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3615 time(s) in 2616 post(s)
Oh i seeee...... the dancing girls,the dancing dog and the woman on the couch are all in his imagination/memory.Hadn't picked up on that on previous viewing.Duh.Oh and another spotting ( to add to previous spots at 00.13 and 02.14) of Music Complete artwork - at 1.03 he has a card in his hand with the artwork.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Debaser  
#29 Posted : 16 April 2018 17:47:21(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2996 time(s) in 2071 post(s)
Old thread revival.
As well as the "offical video" with an upload date of 23/01/16:

There was also an alternative version or "director's cut" uploaded in May 2016.
Quote:
New Order's video for the song Tutti Frutti (featuring LaRoux)... The director's cut. Featured are the oxygen mask, additional confusion and variable audio according to the actors' POV.

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/04/2018(UTC), Andy on 18/04/2018(UTC)