logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Moderne Decay  
#51 Posted : 04 November 2015 20:39:33(UTC)
Moderne Decay

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Out of curiosity, I compiled a playlist of the above track listing for both discs listed above and got the following times:

Disc 1 - 1 hour, 5 minutes and 55 seconds
There's roughly fourteen minutes of blank space here. "Murder" could be added, plus it would be good to see "Dreams Never End" and "Age of Consent" added so all the LPs are represented with at least one song.

Disc 2 - 1 hour, 7 minutes and 10 seconds
This has an extra twelve minutes of space, so the single edits of "Restless" & "Tutti Frutti" could be added.
thanks 1 user thanked Moderne Decay for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/11/2015(UTC)
Andy  
#52 Posted : 04 November 2015 21:20:55(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3069 time(s) in 2142 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Moderne Decay Go to Quoted Post
Since it's being delayed a couple months, it seems like a good opportunity to add the single edits of "Restless" and "Tutti Frutti" to the end of the album. I'd rather have those on there instead of "Turn" and "I'll Stay With You" since neither were actually singles.

Warners is releasing Singles and will not include new Mute material.
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Andy  
#53 Posted : 04 November 2015 21:23:22(UTC)
Andy

Man

Out of curiosity, I compiled a playlist of the above track listing for both discs listed above and got the following times:

There's roughly fourteen minutes of blank space here. "Murder" could be added, plus it would be good to see "Dreams Never End" and "Age of Consent" added so all the LPs are represented with at least one song.

This has an extra twelve minutes of space, so the single edits of "Restless" & "Tutti Frutti" could be added.

One could argue for Murder but Dreams Never End and Age of Consent are not "Singles".

Make your own CD. The technology is available.
Moderne Decay  
#54 Posted : 04 November 2015 23:09:33(UTC)
Moderne Decay

Man

Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post

One could argue for Murder but Dreams Never End and Age of Consent are not "Singles".

"Turn" or "I'll Stay With You" weren't singles either, yet are currently part of the upcoming track listing. There's also a handful of promo edits that weren't official singles either. "Dreams Never End" & "Age of Consent" appeared on a handful of other releases besides the albums, so their appearance wouldn't be any more out of place than the other promo edits and non-single tracks.

http://www.discogs.com/N...nd-Truth/release/2025790
http://www.discogs.com/N...-NewOrder/release/114328
http://www.discogs.com/N...-In-Order/release/862776
http://www.discogs.com/N...New-Order/release/371872

ROCKET MICK on 05/11/2015(UTC)
Andy  
#55 Posted : 05 November 2015 05:54:39(UTC)
Andy

Man

"Turn" or "I'll Stay With You" weren't singles either, yet are currently part of the upcoming track listing. There's also a handful of promo edits that weren't official singles either. "Dreams Never End" & "Age of Consent" appeared on a handful of other releases besides the albums, so their appearance wouldn't be any more out of place than the other promo edits and non-single tracks.

http://www.discogs.com/N...nd-Truth/release/2025790
http://www.discogs.com/N...-NewOrder/release/114328
http://www.discogs.com/N...-In-Order/release/862776
http://www.discogs.com/N...New-Order/release/371872

Warners is releasing the CD, not you. The track listing is not perfect, but I understand their choice of songs that were at least promotional singles over album tracks such as Dreams Never End and Age of Consent that also happen to have turned up on previous Best Of's.

To me, one of the most peculiar omissions is Guilt is a Useless Emotion. It's their only single release to have won a Grammy Award.
Debaser  
#56 Posted : 05 November 2015 06:29:00(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3000 time(s) in 2072 post(s)
To me, one of the most peculiar omissions is Guilt is a Useless Emotion. It's their only single release to have won a Grammy Award.

I remember Barney at Wembley Arena in 2006: "Now we're going to make you dance!". Cue GIAUE....and much indifference from most of the crowd.
Awards? Pah!

thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/11/2015(UTC), Andy on 05/11/2015(UTC)
Moderne Decay  
#57 Posted : 05 November 2015 07:27:27(UTC)
Moderne Decay

Man

Warners is releasing the CD, not you.

Thanks for that enlightening piece of information, but if you read this entire thread it appears that someone here is actually involved with this compilation somehow (obviously not you either Tongue.) A few other people have already made suggestions on what could be included besides me, so I figured since there's now a two month delay with this compilation, I figured it is worth throwing in my two cents in case there's a slight chance that the person involved is reading this and considers anyone's suggestions.

Edited by user 05 November 2015 10:50:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andy  
#58 Posted : 05 November 2015 11:51:34(UTC)
Andy

Man

You can ask to change the tracks all you want. But you might have to end up changing the title from "Singles".

Once you add all the radio/remix/dub/edits, you and the likes of -1 can jack off all over it.
Moderne Decay  
#59 Posted : 05 November 2015 12:43:52(UTC)
Moderne Decay

Man

you and the likes of -1 can jack off all over it.

So does this mean pics of your mom will be included in the booklet as well? Spanktacular! I'll make sure to squeeze a little extra out just for you.

Edited by user 05 November 2015 13:10:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Moderne Decay for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/11/2015(UTC), Andy on 05/11/2015(UTC)
Andy  
#60 Posted : 05 November 2015 14:27:29(UTC)
Andy

Man

you and the likes of -1 can jack off all over it.

So does this mean pics of your mom will be included in the booklet as well? Spanktacular! I'll make sure to squeeze a little extra out just for you.

She is pretty hot...
ROCKET MICK on 06/11/2015(UTC)
NotAMod  
#61 Posted : 05 November 2015 14:59:45(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1035 time(s) in 653 post(s)
I don't really care what's on the reissue so long as it corrects the obvious problems with the first pressing the most glaring of which was the poor sound. They were a fairly gratingly loud pair of CDs and I can't say I've listened to them much in the ten years since their first release simply due to that fact. If the true 7" versions of Confusion, TPK, True Faith and Run 2 are included this time around then they'll obviously be a welcome bonus and it sounds like they may well be. That's pretty much all I ask; a decent mastering and the correct versions. I wouldn't want to muddy the waters by asking them to classify album tracks as singles at this point but that's just me.

Turn was fairly obviously going to be a single back in 2006. The mix on Singles was clearly intended to be a radio edit and I remember Peter Hook citing it as a single in an NME interview (WFTSC Tribute Mix was going to be the b-side) but it must have been axed for a number of reasons. Perhaps they decided that the 12" x 12 campaign would truly be a worthy replacement (bizarre) or with the band in mid-disintegration the management and/or label decided it was simply not worth the effort. I do remember thinking at the time that the triple 7" format for the WFTSC single was crap and the wrong choice in the midst of paid-for digital files taking off. Maybe we'll never know. Regarding the Lost Sirens period, promo CDrs were manufactured for both Hellbent and I'll Stay With You. In an ideal world both of those tracks would have been singles. Hellbent had its own unique radio edit as featured on Total versus the "original mix" on the finalised mini-album. I suppose if we're going to continue the argument it really should have been on Singles too but hey, I've got Total so it's no skin off my nose that it's not.

Guilt Is A Useless Emotion is a bit of an odd one: a US only digital single which never had any physical format beyond CDs promos; the track itself was never put into a proper edit, they simply used the album version.

Then of course, there was Someone Like You with it's double-promo vinyl pack.... it never had a single mix either. It was just a bunch of remixes to promote Get Ready.

Edited by user 05 November 2015 15:03:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
Andy on 05/11/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 06/11/2015(UTC)
Andy  
#62 Posted : 06 November 2015 14:05:05(UTC)
Andy

Man

Andy  
#63 Posted : 06 November 2015 15:49:21(UTC)
Andy

Man

They've since taken down the page. I guess someone hadn't gotten the memo that the release was on hold.