logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Silvina Hernandez  
#1 Posted : 29 June 2012 12:45:53(UTC)
Silvina Hernandez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Hi,my name is Silvina Hernandez and I´m from Uruguay (a very small country in South America) and I´d love to be in touch with all of you. I visit this forum every day as I love be in touoch with everything NO-related.

I´ve been a fan of the band since last July but I´ve known their biggest hits since I was 12.

My favourite song is The Perfect Kiss (is hard to choose as there are too many great songs). I love the extended mix of BLT, aswell.

Regarding to the Hooky vs. The Rest war, I´m with the ohter 3. Hooky was the one who left the band in the first place so the others have the right to use the name.

Now I´ll tell you about relationship with the band´s music trough the years.
My earliest New Order memory is hearing Crystal on heavy rotation on my favourite radio satation in my first year in my first year in high school (If I remember well I taped the song on a cassette). Before seeing any images or footage of the band every time I listened to this song I pictured Bernard as a middle-aged tall thin blond guy (at least I was right about the colour of his hair) and the backing vocalist as a middle-aged readhead so the first time I saw the video I was shocked to see a young band which look nothing like I imagined it. The first time I saw the band on a TV show were the audience votes for their 5 favoutite videos by a given band (when I saw Gillian I tought she was the one who sang the backing vocals in Crystal). Then, a few months later I saw a TV special on the band, which I got very obsessed about, to the point of seeing it several times as it was played a lot. Then, I became familiar with other songs like Blue Monday, BLT, Regret and World as they were played a lot on the radio. However, by the end of the year I started to get into 90s alt rock so my last contact with the band´s music was hearing on the radio a recording of the performance at Reading 93.

In 2008, after 5 years of listening to 90s music I discovered 80s acts as Madness, Madonna and Blondie and everything changed. Around that time I started to get interested in the band again and read about it in Wikipedia and in this site, but never bothered to listen to the music. But last year that changed.

Seeing how well were the band´s albums rated by music journalists and fans alike, I decided to give the music another chance and I got hooked again. So I started searching for the videos on YouTube and then downloading the hits, which I recorded on a CD. In the folowing months I downloaded more songs (incuding several from PC&L), which I included on mix tapes that I made.

But I wanted to have an original CD, so, last January I bought International (I had to choose between this one, Total and The Best Of so I chose this one as it had The Perfect Kiss, my favourite by the band).

In March, as my birthday was approaching I made a DVD with my favourite videos so I
could show it to my family on my birthday party. It included, among vids from other artists, some of NO biggest hits, including TPK 10 miniute version, which my mum tought was too long but that I love anyway.

The last song I downloaded (about 2 weeks ago) is Young Offender. Two days ago I downloaded a few Bad Lieutenat songs I had never heard and I really liked them.

Well, that´s all for now.
Regards
Silvina
thanks 1 user thanked Silvina Hernandez for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Tim  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2012 13:38:48(UTC)
Tim

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Hello!! welcome aboard :) We have quite a strong South American contingent round here, though you may be the first Uruguayan. This is definitely the place to be if you want to know New Order stuff, and no doubt we can help you track down every recording, be it in the studio or live in concert. I'm sure you'll enjoy it round here :)
an old monkey...
thanks 2 users thanked Tim for this useful post.
Silvina Hernandez on 29/06/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2012(UTC)
50poundnote  
#3 Posted : 29 June 2012 14:29:19(UTC)
50poundnote

Was thanked: 924 time(s) in 515 post(s)
Welcome aboard! Hi
thanks 2 users thanked 50poundnote for this useful post.
Eimi  
#4 Posted : 29 June 2012 15:31:56(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Hello! Hi
thanks 2 users thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Lonegroover  
#5 Posted : 29 June 2012 16:26:18(UTC)
Lonegroover

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Silvina.It's good to have you here.
Regarding the Hooky situation,another bass player who thought he owned the band name was Roger Waters (the Pink Floyd name really belonged to Syd Barrett).Eventually Roger admitted that he had been wrong.Musicians leave bands all the time.
I'd hoped it wouldn't take Hooky as long as it took Roger Waters to realise this.
thanks 2 users thanked Lonegroover for this useful post.
Silvina Hernandez on 30/06/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2012(UTC)
Geri  
#6 Posted : 29 June 2012 23:49:13(UTC)
Geri

Woman

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Hi
I know, you know, we believe in a chosen few ...
thanks 2 users thanked Geri for this useful post.
Silvina Hernandez on 30/06/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2012(UTC)
Dr Sheldon Cooper  
#7 Posted : 01 July 2012 06:41:55(UTC)
Dr Sheldon Cooper

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hallo and welcome Hi

I think you'll like it here.... most of us don't bite Smile
One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
thanks 2 users thanked Dr Sheldon Cooper for this useful post.
Silvina Hernandez on 01/07/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2012(UTC)