logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill  
#1 Posted : 12 September 2014 13:07:01(UTC)
Bill

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
We went to see this the other night.Ended up watching the 3D version as it wasn't showing in 2D apparently.

Anyone else seen it?

I absolutely loved the first Sin City movie ( i prefer "film" but it seems it's all "movie" these days.Ho hum) back in 2005 and had high hopes for and was pretty excited about seeing this second instalment.

But,alas, it just didn't do it for me.All the studio trickery with the black and white with the odd dash of colour, the sleazy, constantly dark, rainy city, the violence and gore, the bad women, Mickey Rourke again as Marv, like the first movie are all there but the novelty has just gone.It just didn't grab me by the bollocks like first film did.Biggest disappointment of all seemed to be the almost entire absence of any funny lines or humour.In the first Sin City Mickey Rourke as Marv amongst many funny lines in the movie is facing death on the electric chair but upon surviving electrocution he asks his executioners "Is that the best you can do, you pansies? Let's get this over with, i haven't got all night" which had me in absolute stitches.But there's nothing anywhere near that funny in this one.It's just all quite flat, directionless, dull and tedious. Even Eva Green ,who i love, spending most of the film butt fucking naked couldn't save it for me.

3/10

thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 23/09/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Debaser  
#2 Posted : 13 September 2014 10:38:37(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3003 time(s) in 2073 post(s)
Well I enjoyed it. i agree that the novelty factor has worn off a bit second time around, but I thought Eva Green made a fantastic naked villainess, and I noticed the 3D numerous times throughout the film. Other films, you tend to forget about the 3D after about half an hour.

I found myself rooting for characters, even though some of them didn't survive (I'm thinking the one who visits a certain Back To The Future actor), and I thought Josh Brolin was (as usual) immensely watchable. Some people didn't like the fact that he wasn't Clive Owen (who played Dwight in the original) but that didn't bother me. Good actors draw you in. 8/10.

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Bill  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2014 11:20:46(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
Yeah i agree with you about the 3D, Debaser.It was pretty good and i did keep noticing it all through the film.

Didn't have a problem with Josh Brolin replacing Clive Owen either and was rooting for the characters like you say you were but i just wish the film had made more of an impact on me like the first film did.Oh well.Though the image of Eva Green sitting naked on a bed is one that seems to have stayed in my mind for some reasonSmile
thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.