logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NightOperations  
#1 Posted : 27 April 2012 16:12:58(UTC)
NightOperations

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Well firstly it was great meeting up with some familiar faces again in Rain Bar, and some not so familiar but would like to shout out to Rocket Mick, Shed, Gary, Missy Jem, Rosie, Julie, Vinny, Alex, Legge, Canada, Norbert, Mario, Andrew and anyone else I've missed out
The 26th gig.. well I really cannot remember them doing Love Viligantes at this one and thought they only played it 27th, but after looking at all the setlists it turns out they did... it must have passed me by.

This was my first NO gig since Paris '11, so was great to hear them do Here To Stay. That sounds killer live that one, I hope it stays in the set.
Would have liked to hear Round & Round after seeing it in Australia but nevermind.
Was nice to see the return of Waiting For The Sirens' Call in the set. A load of people probably would rather it not be there, but its a great song and why not have a slower number here and there.
1963 obviously dropped in favour of this. For good..? We will see.
Head hurting the next morning though I'm not sure if it was from booze or Norbert's giant mic occasionally whacking me on the head!

The crowd.. hmm well I tried my best but I think the audience were a bit flat on the whole. Sorry... there just wasn't anywhere near as much moshing as Brussels/Paris. Though things picked up a lot for the 2 Joy Division songs in the encore, Transmission and LWTUA [Transmission back in the set now].

27th... not as many familiar faces at this one, which is a shame as the band definitely played better tonight. Exact same set list just better performances.
The crowd were definitely more active, but possibly too much so there was some right wankers forcing themselves to the front at the intro of Crystal just asking for a smack in the face in my opinion.
There was nearly a fight too in stage centre, and unfortunately I think Norbert got asked to leave the crowd by security [though correct me if this is wrong].
Definitely more violent in the mosh pit and the band seemed to be a lot more into it and gave a better performance!

Edited by user 27 April 2012 16:16:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked NightOperations for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 20/07/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
World Domination: Complete  
#2 Posted : 27 April 2012 23:57:42(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)
I enjoyed both nights and agree it was great meeting up with other NOOLers for me it was at the Aspley Cottage. Sound was questionable in places but hey it was great watching BARNEY's BAND and what a BASS player Big Grin
Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 1 user thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
Tim  
#3 Posted : 28 April 2012 02:55:49(UTC)
Tim

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Enjoyed the craic as usual, it's always a pleasure to meet up with the Vikings. But,sadly for me, New Order have now become everything I dreaded seeing them be, slick, professional and competent. The good old days are long since gone, Tom Chapman has improved the band as it's about playing not showboating now. I suppose they played really well, but knowing what's coming next spoils it for me. To sum it up, when the first notes of Elegia began, I went for a dump rather than watch the gig.
an old monkey...
thanks 1 user thanked Tim for this useful post.
The mighty boosh  
#4 Posted : 28 April 2012 04:49:26(UTC)
The mighty boosh

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great gig last nite. A big thanx to Norbert & Drew for sorting the spare tickets. Predictable set list I know but it was good to hear Here To Stay again. Temptation, Ceremony, 586 and True Faith went down well. I also thought that TPK was brilliant. As with everyone else here, it would be amazing if they did throw a couple of new (old) songs into the mix. Please play Sunrise, Leave Me Alone and Hurt before I die..?

Anyway I loved it as ever...
thanks 1 user thanked The mighty boosh for this useful post.
Cranelane  
#5 Posted : 28 April 2012 10:43:53(UTC)
Cranelane

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 388 post(s)
Sadly slick and professional (Boring and Predictable) is probably what promoters want from
New Order at this stage of their career, I presume that promoters can't stipulate to bands that certain songs be played but I would guess that there is an expectation that they will perform Blue Monday at every gig even if diehard fans want more variety.
If someone is going to try and get to see as many gigs as possible on this current "tour" then they are going to get bored with it eventually but most gig attendees for example at the Apollo probably will only see them that one time and it to those punters that the set list is
I reckon aimed at.. i.e. "Play The Hits"
thanks 1 user thanked Cranelane for this useful post.
confusion  
#6 Posted : 29 April 2012 00:35:01(UTC)
confusion

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Subcultured wrote:
Well firstly it was great meeting up with some familiar faces again in Rain Bar, and some not so familiar but would like to shout out to Rocket Mick, Shed, Gary, Missy Jem, Rosie, Julie, Vinny, Alex, Legge, Canada, Norbert, Mario, Andrew and anyone else I've missed out
The 26th gig.. well I really cannot remember them doing Love Viligantes at this one and thought they only played it 27th, but after looking at all the setlists it turns out they did... it must have passed me by.

This was my first NO gig since Paris '11, so was great to hear them do Here To Stay. That sounds killer live that one, I hope it stays in the set.
Would have liked to hear Round & Round after seeing it in Australia but nevermind.
Was nice to see the return of Waiting For The Sirens' Call in the set. A load of people probably would rather it not be there, but its a great song and why not have a slower number here and there.
1963 obviously dropped in favour of this. For good..? We will see.
Head hurting the next morning though I'm not sure if it was from booze or Norbert's giant mic occasionally whacking me on the head!

The crowd.. hmm well I tried my best but I think the audience were a bit flat on the whole. Sorry... there just wasn't anywhere near as much moshing as Brussels/Paris. Though things picked up a lot for the 2 Joy Division songs in the encore, Transmission and LWTUA [Transmission back in the set now].

27th... not as many familiar faces at this one, which is a shame as the band definitely played better tonight. Exact same set list just better performances.
The crowd were definitely more active, but possibly too much so there was some right wankers forcing themselves to the front at the intro of Crystal just asking for a smack in the face in my opinion.
There was nearly a fight too in stage centre, and unfortunately I think Norbert got asked to leave the crowd by security [though correct me if this is wrong].
Definitely more violent in the mosh pit and the band seemed to be a lot more into it and gave a better performance!

Ha, ha, Schnullerbacke. I don't understand why you complain about Thursday's audience. I poked you with the micro and said you should move a litte bit more. The audience was much more active than Fridays. But it wasn't such a big surprise, because The Friday one was only the 2nd one and as you said, "not as many familiar faces" were seen as Thursday. For me the Thursday gig was the best I have seen this year from the eight ones, maybe even the best with this lineup. Sydney Holbourn Pavillion maybe had a better setlist, but the whole package band, venue and crowd was the best Thursday Night at the Apollo.

First I was asked by the bouncers to give away the inflatable microphone as a result of a complain of a girl in the row before me. I did it. Later two guys who had something to do with the girl tried to push me away where I stand. But I am 105 kg and saw it a little bit sporty. So it didn't work for them. Then the bouncers asked me to leave as a request of the girl who complained before. Then I went to the back and had a beer with Grant. Thx for the pint, Grant! After the gig I have complained at the bouncers with support of one of the photographs, Katie, who had seen a bit of the accident.
thanks 1 user thanked confusion for this useful post.
Cranelane  
#7 Posted : 29 April 2012 11:24:17(UTC)
Cranelane

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 388 post(s)
27-04-2012 I wish I had been there nowFrown

thanks 1 user thanked Cranelane for this useful post.
NightOperations  
#8 Posted : 29 April 2012 13:45:08(UTC)
NightOperations

Man

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 83 post(s)
confusion wrote:

First I was asked by the bouncers to give away the inflatable microphone as a result of a complain of a girl in the row before me. I did it. Later two guys who had something to do with the girl tried to push me away where I stand. But I am 105 kg and saw it a little bit sporty. So it didn't work for them. Then the bouncers asked me to leave as a request of the girl who complained before. Then I went to the back and had a beer with Grant. Thx for the pint, Grant! After the gig I have complained at the bouncers with support of one of the photographs, Katie, who had seen a bit of the accident.

Sorry to hear that Norbert!
Maybe if these people are complaining they should move away from stage centre of the audience where the moshing happens?

Maybe every member of the audience should be wrapped in cotton wool before every gig. Geez.
I hate bouncers!! red face Black eye

Edited by user 29 April 2012 13:48:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked NightOperations for this useful post.
confusion  
#9 Posted : 30 April 2012 00:23:33(UTC)
confusion

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Subcultured wrote:
Maybe every member of the audience should be wrapped in cotton wool before every gig. ... Black eye

It wouldn't have helped me on the Thursday gig. A girl jumped with a high heel on my toe and it still aches. Black eye Big Grin

Edited by user 30 April 2012 00:24:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked confusion for this useful post.
Lonegroover  
#10 Posted : 25 June 2012 10:14:26(UTC)
Lonegroover

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've got round to joining the new forum at last!
I was at the Thursday gig and enjoyed all of it.It's always good to hear tracks that haven't been on the setlist for previous gigs I've seen so 'Here To Stay' was a highlight for me.
The only thing that I really wanted kicked out of this set was 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' - unless Bernard can stop shouting "COME ON!" all the way through it.
I'd rather see them enjoying being onstage without Hooky than playing an unenthusiastic going-through-the-motions set with him.
thanks 1 user thanked Lonegroover for this useful post.