logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dave  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2012 15:57:43(UTC)
dave

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 32 post(s)
just watched the feature from the slices dvd. lots of good pro shot from some show. anyone know what show this is from and will it be released at all?

http://www.electronicbea...xhibition-opening-at-hbc

dave
thanks 1 user thanked dave for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 27/06/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
slices  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2012 01:13:28(UTC)
slices

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,

here is the complete Slices feature about New Order on YouTube in HQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBMPQiF2YMM
It was filmed in London during their show at Brixton Academy.

More New Order live footage from the show in Berlin and pictures from the Exhibition here: www.electronicbeats.net
thanks 1 user thanked slices for this useful post.
Volturno  
#3 Posted : 22 June 2012 01:58:52(UTC)
Volturno

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Interesting to see that Bernard is considering writing new music after all, he was mostly dancing around the issue in most interviews, but I have to say it's not interesting in a good way, though.
As much as Bernard thinks their relationship was a bad marriage, he knows they can't write something just as good without Hooky. There isn't much out there about how they used to write songs together; Arthur Baker said they used to get together like kids in the studio and jam for hours and couldn't come up with shit, yet suddenly they came up with a great tracks in minutes. Still, it's clear that it doesn't work without Hooky, we've seen that with Bad Lieutenant. Sure, Electronic had some pretty good stuff, but Barney had Johnny Marr back then, now he's got Phil and Tom, which, no offense, are miles behind Marr. The best contribution to come out of Phil was Hey Now What You Doing, and it is a good track IMO, an underrated one even, but the bassline there is half of its strength.

They should have a meeting, let Barney and Hooky yell at each other for a couple of hours and let it all come out, and then I'm sure they'll get together again. They're their oldest friends and have probably spent more time together than with their mother, it's too much to simply let go like this IMO.

Well, that's my 2 cents, I know the only member that admits reading NOOL once in a while is Hooky, and I doubt he's in such mood now, but let us just hope they can reunite and leave us a swan song album.
thanks 1 user thanked Volturno for this useful post.
Eimi  
#4 Posted : 22 June 2012 02:19:07(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
I don't expect a masterpiece. Even a single or a short EP that's decent enough quality musically, would be good. If this New Order wants to try to write something new, they should try. After that, the fans can judge. And I don't think Bernard and Hooky in a room yelling would solve anything. Besides that's an immature way to deal with a problem, isn't it. But I suppose whatever this NO does, you can't make everyone happy.

Edited by user 22 June 2012 05:16:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Geri  
#5 Posted : 22 June 2012 02:25:44(UTC)
Geri

Woman

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Volturno wrote:
They should have a meeting, let Barney and Hooky yell at each other for a couple of hours and let it all come out, and then I'm sure they'll get together again. They're their oldest friends and have probably spent more time together than with their mother, it's too much to simply let go like this IMO.

I disagree, like in any bad marriage when the split finally happens it's a good thing. Let it go Nod
I know, you know, we believe in a chosen few ...
thanks 1 user thanked Geri for this useful post.
Eimi  
#6 Posted : 22 June 2012 02:28:55(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Geri wrote:
Volturno wrote:

I disagree, like in any bad marriage when the split finally happens it's a good thing. Let it go Nod

I agree with Geri.
thanks 2 users thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Geri on 22/06/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 27/06/2012(UTC)
Bill  
#7 Posted : 22 June 2012 05:25:47(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
dave wrote:
just watched the feature from the slices dvd. lots of good pro shot from some show. anyone know what show this is from and will it be released at all?

http://www.electronicbea...xhibition-opening-at-hbc

dave

Enjoyed this interview. The gig footage looks like the Brixton Thursday show (3rd May 2012) I actually made it to that show. Brief clip outside Brixton Academy early on in the feature and Barney is wearing in the gig footage the t shirt he had on that night. Apparently there were notices up around the venue that the gig was to be filmed, though i didn't spot em. Future DVD release? Though maybe the gig was simply being filmed for this Slices thing

Edited by user 22 June 2012 05:27:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
dave  
#8 Posted : 22 June 2012 11:31:03(UTC)
dave

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 32 post(s)
slices wrote:
Hi,

here is the complete Slices feature about New Order on YouTube in HQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBMPQiF2YMM
It was filmed in London during their show at Brixton Academy.

More New Order live footage from the show in Berlin and pictures from the Exhibition here: www.electronicbeats.net

Hi,

was the stuff filmed just for or by you guys or was the complete show filmed proper?

thanks,

dave
thanks 1 user thanked dave for this useful post.
slices  
#9 Posted : 25 June 2012 01:13:05(UTC)
slices

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It was only filmed for the Slices feature with a mini camera setup. That's why you didn't see us ;-)
And yes it was in London on the 3rd of may.

There will be more extensive live videos from their show in Berlin last week soon on our YouTube channel
www.youtube.com/ElectronicBeatsVideo
thanks 1 user thanked slices for this useful post.