logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The Shadow  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2014 02:44:16(UTC)
The Shadow

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Anyone who was at the rescue rooms last night witnessed a great night with Hooky playing for 3 hours in a hot sweaty venue. Nottinghamshire best venue. How he does 3 hours at 58 is a feat in itself. The Light were there own support last night playing a joy division set with the first track atmosphere being dedicated to Annik Honore who has recently died. Every time I see The Light play somebody has died close to the band! The joy division set was short but powerful with means to an end and decades being the highlights. After a break hooky and the boys came back for movement and other early new order classics, and they are ALL classics. I / we were treated to the first time I've heard it the unreleased homage which sounded menacing. Everything gone green sounded immense before going into the familiar chimes of Dreams Never End. For Truth and Senses there was some great inter play between hooky and pottsy, it's great to have Pottsy back in the fold, they work together so well. Not a duff track in sight. After another short break we got my favourite album ever in full for pc&l surprised they didn't use pottsy to sing the village. Age of consent, 586 and leave me alone being the stand outs. The encore strangely consisted of World in motion even with England being knocked out but was worth it for the keyboard player doing the John Barnes rap! No Ceremony but another great night out and I doubt anyone who was at the rescue rooms could disagree with me. A proper gig venue hot and sweaty. Hopefully Hooky is getting some rest on his old bones after such a marathon set. See you at the ritz in November for lowlife and brotherhood. Looking forward particularly to Thieves like us.
thanks 1 user thanked The Shadow for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 21/09/2014(UTC)
Sponsor