logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PeteRooney  
#1 Posted : 26 January 2014 16:17:20(UTC)
PeteRooney

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I agree that the BeMusic link is a pretty tenuous way of asking this question on here, but does anyone have, shall we say access to a digital version of the long version of this track, from the b-side of the Reach For Love single? It's the long version I'm after, not the 3.30-ish dub version.
Thanks in advance, good people. Oh, and Everybody by The Wendy's wouldn't go amiss either...
thanks 1 user thanked PeteRooney for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/01/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
steinomite  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2014 11:58:28(UTC)
steinomite

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 76 post(s)
The standard 12" version of "Reach For Love" from FAC 92, clocking in at 5:27 is available on the Cool As Ice compilation on LTM.

The FAC 92 B-side "Keep on Dancing" is available on the Twice As Nice compilation on LTM.

The Mark Kamins "New York Remix" which appeared on the A-side of FAC 92R is available on the Auteur Labels: Factory Records 1984 compilation on LTM.

The Mark Kamins Dub version which appeared on the B-side of both FAC 92R and FBN 43 appears to be available on a digital-only album on LTM entitled Factory Tracks Vol 1 (Out of Print, Remastered, Collection) on iTunes.

Hope this helps! An excellent track, by the way. There's also 7" versions available that are exclusive to the white label 7" single. I don't believe the 7" versions are available anywhere digitally, unless I bust out my USB turntable.

Regards,
Mike
thanks 1 user thanked steinomite for this useful post.
PeteRooney  
#3 Posted : 28 January 2014 14:57:53(UTC)
PeteRooney

Man

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi, Mike. Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

[http://blog.factoryrecords.org/1984/03/fac-92-marcel-king-reach-for-love.html] details the tracks as follows:

7": UK 1984 (Factory FAC 92) [white label]

4:40 Reach for Love (Edit)
4:39 Keep on Dancing

12": UK 1984 (Factory FAC 92) *

4:26 Reach for Love
4:39 Keep on Dancing

12": UK 1985 (Factory FAC 92R) **

5:27 Reach for Love (Extended)
7:41 Reach for Love (Dub)
3:29 Keep On Dancing (Edit)

I have the 3.29 version of Keep On Dancing from FAC92R which I assume is an edit of the 4.39 version on FAC92, which is the one I'm trying to get hold of. I don't mind not having an edit if I have the full version, but not the other way round! The Twice as Nice version of Keep On Danding would seem to be the version I have (timed at 3.30).

You'll probably think I'm obsessive about this, but after 3 years putting my Factory collection together, I now only need 15 Factory and 3 Factory Too tracks, so at this stage, I can afford to be fussy!

DON'T tell me you have a USB turntable and the 7" versions, though! :-)

Pete

Edited by user 28 January 2014 15:00:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked PeteRooney for this useful post.
steinomite  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2014 11:15:06(UTC)
steinomite

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Not only do I have a copy of the 7" promo (also catalogued as FAC 92/DJ on its Scott Piering plugger sticker) and a USB turntable. I also have the FAC 92 and FAC 92R 12"s! ;-)

Unfortunately though, my USB turntable has been in storage for about a year and a half since moving into a new house. Going through my Factory archive, it looks like I have a spare of the standard FAC 92 12" single with the 4:39 version on it. If you're interested in purchasing it to encode it yourself, send me a private message. I'm not looking to get that much for it.

Also, don't worry about being obsessive. I have entire crate full of spares of Factory LPs and 12" singles, due to the fact that I am always looking for replacements in better condition!

Regards,
Mike
thanks 1 user thanked steinomite for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/01/2014(UTC)