logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pyrtwist  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2013 10:41:55(UTC)
Pyrtwist

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 413 post(s)
Feeling kinda shitty for pulling the plug but I had to request a reschedule. 8" of snow on top of ice. None of my children can get their vehicles running and then the wake at 5pm. As for me, I rarely drive and despite digging out my truck decide that this is too much. I got around on bicycle pretty well but do not want to buy petrol and play taxi and be rushed. Too much for one day.
thanks 1 user thanked Pyrtwist for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/12/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Bill  
#2 Posted : 23 December 2013 15:03:35(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
Postponed? I say cancel Christmas forever. Let's cut to the chase here and be honest - Christmas is a lie. A big lie.And a chance for Simon Cowell to rule the world again with the Christmas number 1 and companies to extract money out of people that people don't have .Only thing i get out of it is 2 weeks off work and a chance to get totally pissed tomorrow afternoon. I mean, i have to buy my relatives presents over paying my gas and electricity bill? Yeah, thanks for that, relatives.How kind and thoughtful of you.

Oliver Cromwell had the right idea. And the Jews.

And anyway, the Christmas telly is shit this year. Again.

Oh and all those dumb people that think Fairytale Of New York was only first released a few years ago when it actually was first was released in 1987. Give me strength.

Edited by user 23 December 2013 15:07:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 23/12/2013(UTC)
Pyrtwist  
#3 Posted : 23 December 2013 15:28:12(UTC)
Pyrtwist

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 413 post(s)
What about Mad Friday??
thanks 1 user thanked Pyrtwist for this useful post.
Bill  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2013 15:45:55(UTC)
Bill

Man

Dunno. What about the mad monk?
Bill  
#5 Posted : 23 December 2013 15:48:17(UTC)
Bill

Man

I prefer Hanukkah. Hanukkah is ace.The festival of lights. As much doughnuts as you can eat.

Edited by user 23 December 2013 16:14:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ROCKET MICK on 26/12/2013(UTC)
Eimi  
#6 Posted : 25 December 2013 17:32:54(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Bill Turnbull wrote:
Postponed? I say cancel Christmas forever. Let's cut to the chase here and be honest - Christmas is a lie. A big lie.And a chance for Simon Cowell to rule the world again with the Christmas number 1 and companies to extract money out of people that people don't have .Only thing i get out of it is 2 weeks off work and a chance to get totally pissed tomorrow afternoon. I mean, i have to buy my relatives presents over paying my gas and electricity bill? Yeah, thanks for that, relatives.How kind and thoughtful of you.

Oliver Cromwell had the right idea. And the Jews.

And anyway, the Christmas telly is shit this year. Again.

Oh and all those dumb people that think Fairytale Of New York was only first released a few years ago when it actually was first was released in 1987. Give me strength.

I don't understand why people are so upset... if you don't like Simon Cowell or mainstream pop music, then don't watch TV or listen to the radio.
Regarding horrible TV, it's like that all the time here, especially in the New Years season. But I know I have a choice to turn off the TV, and I do that.
As a young person, I don't understand all the anger about TV or companies...I agree that it's horrible, but I can't change TV or the companies.
However, I can choose not to watch or buy certain things. I just don't have this emotional attachment to TV or radio like older people do. I just do whatever I like.

thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Eimi  
#7 Posted : 25 December 2013 17:41:48(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Pyrtwist wrote:
Feeling kinda shitty for pulling the plug but I had to request a reschedule. 8" of snow on top of ice. None of my children can get their vehicles running and then the wake at 5pm. As for me, I rarely drive and despite digging out my truck decide that this is too much. I got around on bicycle pretty well but do not want to buy petrol and play taxi and be rushed. Too much for one day.

Sorry to hear that.... Frown
thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
Bill  
#8 Posted : 27 December 2013 00:12:56(UTC)
Bill

Man

That's me told , then.
ROCKET MICK on 27/12/2013(UTC)
Cranelane  
#9 Posted : 27 December 2013 10:25:57(UTC)
Cranelane

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 388 post(s)
Bill Turnbull wrote:
That's me told , then.

I see that the BBC is still persevering with Mrs Browns Boys, he is not an export that we here are proud of.
I watched very little Christmas TV but what I did watch was The Snowman And The Snowdog on Channel 4,

Edited by user 27 December 2013 10:26:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Cranelane for this useful post.
Bill  
#10 Posted : 27 December 2013 11:00:20(UTC)
Bill

Man

Cranelane wrote:
Bill Turnbull wrote:
That's me told , then.

I see that the BBC is still persevering with Mrs Browns Boys, he is not an export that we here are proud of.
I watched very little Christmas TV but what I did watch was The Snowman And The Snowdog on Channel 4,

I can honestly say i've never watched a single episode of Mrs Brown's Boys.

The few programmes i've caught over Christmas:

The Tractate Middoth, MR James ghost yarn directed by Mark Gatiss, pretty good little story and only half an hour or so.Following that was a programme about MR James presented by Gatiss. Enjoyed that, Gatiss always does well presenting these kind of documentaries.

Dr Who. Only really watched because i was stuck at my sister's still on Boxing Day so watched on iPlayer. Haven't got a bloody clue what's going on in that programme anymore and haven't done for a long time really.Was hoping to stop watching it after the 50th anniversary hooh hah but am a big fan of Peter Capaldi so will be interested to see what he'll be like as the new Doctor.

Recorded Sightseers off Film4 the other night but haven't watched it yet ( though i have seen the film once earlier this year)

And not to be missed is Charlie Brooker's 2013 Wipe, Saturday night (28th Dec) 22.40 on BBC2.
Cranelane  
#11 Posted : 28 December 2013 12:04:50(UTC)
Cranelane

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 388 post(s)
Bill Turnbull wrote:
Cranelane wrote:
Bill Turnbull wrote:
That's me told , then.

I can honestly say i've never watched a single episode of Mrs Brown's Boys.

The few programmes i've caught over Christmas:

The Tractate Middoth, MR James ghost yarn directed by Mark Gatiss, pretty good little story and only half an hour or so.Following that was a programme about MR James presented by Gatiss. Enjoyed that, Gatiss always does well presenting these kind of documentaries.

Dr Who. Only really watched because i was stuck at my sister's still on Boxing Day so watched on iPlayer. Haven't got a bloody clue what's going on in that programme anymore and haven't done for a long time really.Was hoping to stop watching it after the 50th anniversary hooh hah but am a big fan of Peter Capaldi so will be interested to see what he'll be like as the new Doctor.

Recorded Sightseers off Film4 the other night but haven't watched it yet ( though i have seen the film once earlier this year)

And not to be missed is Charlie Brooker's 2013 Wipe, Saturday night (28th Dec) 22.40 on BBC2.

I caught the end of Dr Who just in time to see the hand over, Charlie Brooker tonight will be worth a watch alright, he is almost a Christmas institution at this stage himself.

thanks 1 user thanked Cranelane for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 29/12/2013(UTC)