logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Canuck21  
#1 Posted : 07 September 2013 11:56:24(UTC)
Canuck21

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Whatever happened to the re-release of the Collector's Editions? If I would buy it in the store, is there a physical sign I should look for on the cover to differentiate the remastered re-release from the original?
thanks 1 user thanked Canuck21 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/09/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Brian Barker  
#2 Posted : 13 September 2013 06:45:26(UTC)
Brian Barker

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
They are out there, of course finding them in a store is another thing. I ordered almost all of them from amazon.com (using the market place too, and I never had a problem getting the corrected ones). The easiest way to tell them apart is that the ones WITH the problems have the nice little plastic sleeve on them.

I found Technique used in a shop with the plastic sleeve, and it did have the errors, and Rhino still replaced the discs for me, ( this was a couple of years ago ). I picked up Movement used at the same shop, it didn't have the glitches, but it did have an extra booklet inside that had a listing of all the releases and tracklists for each disc.

So in short, I'd say if you find one sealed with the plastic case...it has the errors, if you find one unsealed and it has two different insert booklets...probably corrected, but give it a listen in the shop if you can, the defects were mainly on the second discs. And I bought Power, Corruption & Lies, Low-Life and Brotherhood from the Amazon marketplace with no problems...I hope that helps...there wasn't any indications on the outside of the package if it was corrected or not.
thanks 2 users thanked Brian Barker for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/09/2013(UTC), Canuck21 on 13/09/2013(UTC)
NotAMod  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2013 07:14:03(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 655 post(s)
This was covered extensively in the old forums, you might want to check out the archived thread here. Pages 10-15 are useful.

The short answer is there's no way to definitively tell you're buying a "fixed" version as the artwork wasn't changed, just the discs (and only really the matrices around the inner ring). The early versions came with a "Collector's Edition" clear plastic slipcase but I believe the later versions were simply digipaks in shrink wrap.

All of the bonus discs were repressed as was Low-life (to fix the Sunrise channel drop out) and Technique (no reason given). The repressed bonus discs featured different track titles to the defective bonus discs, so that's another way of identifying a fixed version I.e.

The defective Brotherhood bonus disc lists track 7 as "True Dub",
The fixed Brotherhood bonus disc lists track 7 as "True Faith (Eschreamer Dub)".

I bought Low-life off Amazon UK about a year ago and I got a fixed one. I got all the fixed bonus discs + Technique from Dr Rhino for free. I'd say if you buy from a reputable seller I.e. Amazon you'll almost definitely get a fixed version. If you buy second-hand off Ebay or wherever you could literally get either.

Hope this helps.
thanks 2 users thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/09/2013(UTC), Canuck21 on 13/09/2013(UTC)
Canuck21  
#4 Posted : 13 September 2013 18:50:16(UTC)
Canuck21

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thank you both Brian Barker and NotAModm, you've been very helpful and I'll check the old forum too.
thanks 1 user thanked Canuck21 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/09/2013(UTC)
Low Life  
#5 Posted : 17 September 2013 05:25:01(UTC)
Low Life

Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Just FYI, I've bought all the re-issues off Amazon UK in the past two months, and they were all the 'fixed' versions....
thanks 1 user thanked Low Life for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/04/2014(UTC)