logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jrpenkalajr  
#1 Posted : 06 May 2013 21:19:47(UTC)
jrpenkalajr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This song has been the most requested song for about a month straight on the internet radio show i am addicted to-

http://www.spreaker.com/page#!/show/the_jerry_penkala_show_1

Why havent they released this as a single off of LOST SIRENS? This station also plays a ton of other NEW ORDER stuff, as well as JAMES, FUN LOVIN CRIMINALS, MONACO, ETC ETC......plus the DJ is literally INSANE and makes me laugh hard. Just sayin.

Now RELEASE THIS SINGLE, DAMN IT. Thanks in advance.

Edited by moderator 20 May 2013 02:13:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked jrpenkalajr for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/05/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
NotAMod  
#2 Posted : 06 May 2013 23:54:34(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1050 time(s) in 658 post(s)
Considering there was no lead-off single for Lost Sirens before it was released I think it's highly unlikely anything will be appearing now what with the promotional window long gone. Besides, why do you need it to be a single? Just enjoy it as it is on the CD. Releasing it as a single won't make a jot of difference to your overall enjoyment of the track.

I agree that I've Got A Feeling is a pretty good track but realistically it's a bit too mid-paced to be a single. Hellbent & I'll Stay With You were the obvious single candidates from LS with the former making it onto Total and the latter getting it's own Warners Denmark 1-track promo CDr. If they didn't see fit to release I'll Stay With You as a single the odds of seeing IGAF are practically nil.

Edited by user 07 May 2013 01:25:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/05/2013(UTC), Eimi on 07/05/2013(UTC)
jrpenkalajr  
#3 Posted : 07 May 2013 10:41:44(UTC)
jrpenkalajr

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
LOST IN TRANSLATION- by "single" I simply meant to push it as the latest song by NEW ORDER for American radio play......not necessarily issue it as a separate CD RELEASE. And I COMPLETELY disagree that the song is too 'mellow' to be an alternative radio station release- it is the most "radio friendly" song on the LOST SIRENS CD, with the exception of HELLBENT which did NOT get any radio play when TOTAL was released. Anyway, go listen to THE JED THE FISH SHOW. DAMN IT.
thanks 1 user thanked jrpenkalajr for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/05/2013(UTC)
Eimi  
#4 Posted : 08 May 2013 04:03:41(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
Does anybody still listen to traditional radio anymore? In this case, a single release would be pointless I think.
thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 08/05/2013(UTC)
Andy  
#5 Posted : 08 May 2013 08:17:15(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3074 time(s) in 2145 post(s)
jrpenkalajr wrote:
LOST IN TRANSLATION- by "single" I simply meant to push it as the latest song by NEW ORDER for American radio play......not necessarily issue it as a separate CD RELEASE. And I COMPLETELY disagree that the song is too 'mellow' to be an alternative radio station release- it is the most "radio friendly" song on the LOST SIRENS CD, with the exception of HELLBENT which did NOT get any radio play when TOTAL was released. Anyway, go listen to THE JED THE FISH SHOW. DAMN IT.

Dublin, California?
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 08/05/2013(UTC)
Debaser  
#6 Posted : 08 May 2013 12:54:15(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3024 time(s) in 2080 post(s)
I HATE the title of this thread. I briefly had an idea of a cd single with y'know bonus tracks on it.
Although CD singles are increasingly rare these days, I see that Depeche Mode released one recently called Heaven. Probably shite mind...
thanks 3 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Pyrtwist on 08/05/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 09/05/2013(UTC), Jailbait Spider on 10/05/2013(UTC)
Bill  
#7 Posted : 08 May 2013 13:43:48(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
Debaser wrote:

Although CD singles are increasingly rare these days, I see that Depeche Mode released one recently called Heaven. Probably shite mind...

Definitely shite, i'd wagerLaugh

Edited by user 08 May 2013 13:45:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/05/2013(UTC)
Mike C.  
#8 Posted : 08 May 2013 13:49:31(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Factory™ wrote:
Debaser wrote:

The Depeche Mode HEAVEN single/EP had a kick-ass remix of that shitty song. It is the Owelle remix. Check it out!
...in a single breath, this world is gone...
thanks 1 user thanked Mike C. for this useful post.
No Barcode  
#9 Posted : 08 May 2013 18:09:57(UTC)
No Barcode

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 159 post(s)
I hate the title of this topic. It's deceptive. I thought NO have released a new single. Damn, rename it "I WANT SINGLE".
thanks 1 user thanked No Barcode for this useful post.
Coops  
#10 Posted : 09 May 2013 01:20:17(UTC)
Coops

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Mike C. wrote:
Factory™ wrote:
Debaser wrote:

The Depeche Mode HEAVEN single/EP had a kick-ass remix of that shitty song. It is the Owelle remix. Check it out!

It was a great remix. I dunno who Owelle are/is but at least they remembered that not everyone wants to listen to Depeche Mode whilst contemplating suicide.

Depeche Mode! Cheer the fuck up!
thanks 1 user thanked Coops for this useful post.
Debaser  
#11 Posted : 09 May 2013 13:00:01(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3024 time(s) in 2080 post(s)
Coops wrote:
not everyone wants to listen to Depeche Mode whilst contemplating suicide.

Depeche Mode! Cheer the fuck up!

Yeah and listen to some optimistic shit like In a Lonely Place or Leaders of men! Whoo!
thanks 3 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 09/05/2013(UTC), Coops on 09/05/2013(UTC), Jailbait Spider on 10/05/2013(UTC)
Jailbait Spider  
#12 Posted : 10 May 2013 13:47:38(UTC)
Jailbait Spider

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Debaser wrote:
I HATE the title of this thread. I briefly had an idea of a cd single with y'know bonus tracks on it.

Agreed, I just read this stupid thread because for a moment I thought there was a new single out.

Where's that machine gun smiley, BTW? This new forum sucks. Bring the fake passports ads back.
"It depends on the age of consent" - Pervert Sumner
thanks 1 user thanked Jailbait Spider for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 10/05/2013(UTC)
0_o  
#13 Posted : 11 May 2013 06:34:13(UTC)
0_o

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Hardly a likely single, since New Order have always promoted the singles as club tracks more than radio play. It says a lot that they have not even bothered to commission any remixes... at all. Not for Lost Sirens nor Total. New Order still has respect from many DJs and the indie rock crowd, but they do nothing to promote the band in those demographics.

In the US, there seems to have been virtually no promotion for Lost Sirens, even thou you can get the mp3s at least. Just the "oldies" tour. I don't think New Order is growing the "brand", just get some interest from the novelty of them being live. This novelty will fade, I'm sorry but they are hardly a great live act at this stage.
thanks 1 user thanked 0_o for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/05/2013(UTC)
NotAMod  
#14 Posted : 12 May 2013 14:19:02(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1050 time(s) in 658 post(s)
0_o wrote:
In the US, there seems to have been virtually no promotion for Lost Sirens, even thou you can get the mp3s at least. Just the "oldies" tour. I don't think New Order is growing the "brand", just get some interest from the novelty of them being live. This novelty will fade, I'm sorry but they are hardly a great live act at this stage.

That's rubbish. For a start they played "I'll Stay With You" - a very new song to American television audiences - on Jimmy Kimmel Live which broadcasts nationwide doesn't it? They also played said track on more than a few dates of their 2013 US tour before any other part of the world got a LS track live. Definitely sounds like promo to me. You seem to have unrealistic expectations for a release by a band and who are currently engaged in extensive legal turmoil with an ex-member who also has legal rights over it. That type of thing would generally impact a release like Lost Sirens being promoted "normally" and I don't think you've made any allowances for that. We were lucky LS appeared at all and moaning about the promo or lack of club mixes completely misses the point.

Allegedly they're also at the end of their Warners contract and the label probably didn't feel like investing too much in what is probably one of the last releases of original material on that label. It looks like New Order have been shunted to Rhino which is predominantly a reissue label.

Also with regards to "hardly a great live act", that comes across as more of a personal opinion rather than reality. From the moment they came back in 2011 the reviews were pretty good, they toured their arses off in 2012 and are still in demand in 2013 near the top slots of various international festivals. If they were truly as poor as you assert then they wouldn't have enjoyed half the success they've had. Some fans have argued the only reason they were a success is because "people still think Hook is in the line-up", well he's not been in the line-up for 2 years now and they're still filling venues and getting decent festival slots.

Edited by user 13 May 2013 01:39:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
Eimi on 12/05/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 13/05/2013(UTC)