logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
goodfrank  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2012 01:18:06(UTC)
goodfrank

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi all, anyone going to this show in Tokyo? I'm in some need for some information on summer sonic... I cant seem to figure it out by their website ( its in Japanese...). Also any one know how long their set are for a festival type show? I'm thinking about flying in for a few days for the show

Thanks
frankHi
thanks 1 user thanked goodfrank for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 25/07/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Eimi  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2012 04:10:29(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

Was thanked: 875 time(s) in 688 post(s)
goodfrank wrote:
Hi all, anyone going to this show in Tokyo? I'm in some need for some information on summer sonic... I cant seem to figure it out by their website ( its in Japanese...). Also any one know how long their set are for a festival type show? I'm thinking about flying in for a few days for the show

Thanks
frankHi

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/...t/4044/Summer-Sonic-2012
The 1 day ticket for Tokyo is 15000 yen, 2 day tickets are 27000 yen. Technically, it's not Tokyo; it's actually Chiba prefecture. (But Narita airport is also in Chiba pref, LOL). The Tokyo event will be held at QVC Marine Stadium, and Makuhari Messe. It opens at 9:00 AM and starts at 11:00AM. I've never been to any festivals so I don't know how long their setlist will be. New Order will be playing in Osaka on the 18th (Sat), then 19th (Sun) in Chiba pref. Also, you can bring cameras (and mobile phones with cameras) at the festival, but you cannot take pictures of the artists or record anything. As for me, I don't know if I can go; I've got personal issues to sort out.
thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
goodfrank  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2012 22:50:57(UTC)
goodfrank

Thanks for the info Leather girl, I'm going to try and make this trip. From reading it on google translate, looks like the tickets will be released on June 2. Still trying to figure out how to purchase. Question how does one get from narita to the stadium without going through Tokyo. I think I,ll just do a layover in Narita just for the concert. Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Frank
Eimi  
#4 Posted : 15 May 2012 04:08:12(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

goodfrank wrote:
Thanks for the info Leather girl, I'm going to try and make this trip. From reading it on google translate, looks like the tickets will be released on June 2. Still trying to figure out how to purchase. Question how does one get from narita to the stadium without going through Tokyo. I think I,ll just do a layover in Narita just for the concert. Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Frank

The venues are in the same 'prefecture' as Narita airport. That is, most people think you're in Tokyo when you're at that airport but you're technically not. According to the website of Summersonic, there are only limited spaces at their car parks, so they want people to come by public transport. It might depend on what hotel you're going to stay at. For example, if you choose a hotel near Narita Airport, then you would need to find out how to get to the venue from that hotel. If you choose a hotel near the venue, then you would need to find out how to get there from the airport when you arrive. So when you're at Narita Airport, you're already in Chiba prefecture, the same prefecture that the venues are at. By the way, although not to do with Summersonic in itself, Tokyo Disneyland is not located in Tokyo proper. It's actually Chiba prefecture, which is close to Tokyo. But people call it Tokyo anyway (I don't know why; maybe for convenience). I'm sure there are sites and resources in English about hotels near that airport, or near the venues.

Edited by user 15 May 2012 04:10:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Eimi for this useful post.
confusion  
#5 Posted : 15 May 2012 07:25:15(UTC)
confusion

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 121 post(s)
leather-girl wrote:
goodfrank wrote:

Thanks
Frank

The venues are in the same 'prefecture' as Narita airport. That is, most people think you're in Tokyo when you're at that airport but you're technically not. According to the website of Summersonic, there are only limited spaces at their car parks, so they want people to come by public transport. It might depend on what hotel you're going to stay at. For example, if you choose a hotel near Narita Airport, then you would need to find out how to get to the venue from that hotel. If you choose a hotel near the venue, then you would need to find out how to get there from the airport when you arrive. So when you're at Narita Airport, you're already in Chiba prefecture, the same prefecture that the venues are at. By the way, although not to do with Summersonic in itself, Tokyo Disneyland is not located in Tokyo proper. It's actually Chiba prefecture, which is close to Tokyo. But people call it Tokyo anyway (I don't know why; maybe for convenience). I'm sure there are sites and resources in English about hotels near that airport, or near the venues.

How far is it from the airport to the venue then?
thanks 1 user thanked confusion for this useful post.
Eimi  
#6 Posted : 15 May 2012 17:00:27(UTC)
Eimi

Woman

According to Google Maps (and info relating to transport I found there), the shortest way to get to QVC Marine Stadium from Narita Airport, would take about an hour. You would walk to one of the bus stations at the airport, then you would take a bus called 'Limousine Bus' (it's not a limousine but it's called like that) that would take you to Chiba Central Station (Chiba Chuo) but instead, you would get off the bus at Hotel New Otani. (45 min bus ride). Then, you could walk to the stadium (about 11 minutes). Makuhari Messe is quite close to QVC Marine Stadium. PS- I don't live in Tokyo, so don't expect me to know everything about it.
thanks 2 users thanked Eimi for this useful post.
confusion on 26/05/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 25/07/2012(UTC)
goodfrank  
#7 Posted : 15 May 2012 17:49:47(UTC)
goodfrank

Thanks LG, your information was very helpful. Got my flight reserved and ready to go!!!

who else is going?

Hi frank
confusion  
#8 Posted : 26 May 2012 11:53:03(UTC)
confusion

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Thx, Leather-girl. Maybe I will go. Dunno yet.
thanks 1 user thanked confusion for this useful post.
goodfrank  
#9 Posted : 22 August 2012 11:40:32(UTC)
goodfrank

Hi all, Just got back from Tokyo. Awesome show at the Summer Sonic festival. Was able to battle my way to the front..

-Elegia
-Crystal
-Regret
-Ceremony
-Age of Consent
-Isolation
-Krafty in Japanese
-Here to Stay
-BLT
-The Perfect Kiss
-True Faith
-Blue Monday
-Temptation
-Transmission
-LWTUA

Met some cool NO fans in Japan!! Hi Ayaka!!

aloha,
frank
ROCKET MICK on 30/08/2012(UTC)