logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LostSiren  
#26 Posted : 12 August 2015 06:10:17(UTC)
LostSiren

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Get Ready Go to Quoted Post
He is regretting every single moment of leaving.

Reminds me of a mate who left his missus for the greener side of the fence, only to change his mind when his ex began to date a VERY rich man and his own new relationship broke down within a year or so. This new man absolutely doted on her and treated her well (he still does all these years later), but my mate is now convinced that he stole her off him with his money - that they had been seeing each other before he dumped her.

This is blatantly untrue because the girl was in bits at the time and only met this bloke much later on. In truth, my mate was an absolute shit to her and has now revised history in order to save face.

Hook is doing the same thing. Every drop of bitter poison that spews off his ugly tongue convicts him of his envy and will do nothing in the long run except to make him ill (as said above).

I agree. and the sad part is every one of these outbursts pushes back the timeline for ever reconciling, if it still exists. I long held out hope that if he came to his senses and apologized the others would meet him halfway. Now I don't think that's ever happening.
thanks 2 users thanked LostSiren for this useful post.
Baggie Boiler on 12/08/2015(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 12/08/2015(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#27 Posted : 12 August 2015 07:53:45(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
To adapt an old Chinese proverb (Mark Twain actually), It's better to keep your big mouth shut and appear a twot than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mind you, what did you expect? That he'd maintain his usual dignified silence or be jolly nice about it? At least he's found one nice thing to say about Bernard, which is eight more than usual.
I agree that the music was (is) the most important thing. There was so much going on around NO - the Hassie, Dry Bar, Factory, Tony Wilson, Peter Saville, collaborations etc - quite honestly I always wished they'd just shut up about it and make Technique 2.
Yes, the no-singles-off-albums line went out the window 30 years ago. And given the paltry number of tracks per album, the single output was a fairly high percentage. Hardly The White Album. A lot of the hype around the band isn't borne out historically, notably the idea of ALWAYS doing live-but-shite TOTP performances that did chart placings more harm than good. It sounds awesome but is only true for BM.
He has a point about it going pear-shaped circa Republic. However at the time he insisted to both NME and John Peel that Hague'd turned it into a classic NO LP... And if he felt that bad about it all, why not get off yer fat arse and make new music instead of cashing royalty cheques and boning Mrs Merton?
As for new material - I'd love a Light album because they kick serious butt, but I can't see it happening. Hooky loves touring and he was never the greatest singer-songwriter. Revenge, anyone?
PS Why the Freebass hatred? The EP was awful but the album was fine for me - on a par with Monaco 2 and far better than the laughable One True Passion.
PPS Melanie C.

Edited by user 12 August 2015 08:06:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not Complete

thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/08/2015(UTC)
tarbox23  
#28 Posted : 12 August 2015 07:59:21(UTC)
tarbox23

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 120 post(s)
these latest posts from hooky just cross the line for me --- growing up, he was easily the most influential artist that i followed, i even learned to play bass and loaded up the chorus effects and slung the guitar low when playing live, raced out to get an NME or whatnot to read any new order interview curious what he would say ----

but this is really the last straw. i sort of understood the past few years remarks, knew he was hurtin, knew he might just be lashing out like anyone might --- even went to see him in boston a few years ago, and it was a great show

but enough is enough for fucks sake

i really have no respect for him anymore. i won't go see him play again. i won't buy his next book, which will be difficult, because i enjoyed his last two.

his behavior is worse now that he is sober than when he was all loaded

it is just sad.

Edited by user 12 August 2015 08:04:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Boston MA 86 | Great Woods MA 87-89-93 | Lake Compounce CT 89 | Meadowlands NJ 89 | NYC 05 + 12
thanks 1 user thanked tarbox23 for this useful post.
Ken Doherty  
#29 Posted : 12 August 2015 08:13:27(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)
I could maybe support his comments about how New Order lost something when Factory folded and Rob Gretton died, but his 'none more punk than me' comments come across as bollocks in the light of the fact that all he's done in the last 10 years is try to repackage nostalgia at whatever the cost without giving a monkeys about anything that might resemble 'artistic integrity'

If he'd just quit the band and disappeared in silent dignity, rather than buying up odds and sods from the Hacienda and trying to flog them at ridiculously over inflated prices to purveyors of crap, doing his crappy DJ turns at every dodgy Indie disco that will fling a few bob his way (and getting caught in the act pretend DJing too) and doing show after show of cover versions for years on end without recording anything original, then he might have a point, as it is, he's becoming more of a sad echo of a once valid musical artiste with each of these interviews that are published.

Bill Wyman quit the Rolling Stones, and has got on with his life since, he hasn't spent the last 25 years crowing away everytime Mick Jagger or Keith Richards do something, time for Peter to either fade into obscurity, or release something new, vital and interesting that will show people he still has something worth listening to other than 'Bernard is a cunt' I am not expecting the new N.O. album to re-invent the wheel or have people buying it in droves, but at least they will be new songs, regardless of whether some of them were written with the intention of being released as Bad Lieutenant.

Edited by user 12 August 2015 14:46:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
JHV  
#30 Posted : 12 August 2015 09:51:06(UTC)
JHV

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Ooof that blog post is dreadful. Can it get any worse? His spite and vitriol has turned him into a caricature. It's like he's drinking from the same water as Courtney Love and Donald Trump. How low can you go indeed :-(
thanks 1 user thanked JHV for this useful post.
Fractured  
#31 Posted : 12 August 2015 12:46:48(UTC)
Fractured

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 38 post(s)
New Order is a legal/business entity as well as a band.

The issue is whether or not all parties are acting within the law and fairly within the terms to which they agreed.

Also, as to Gillian leaving the band, the trio existed before she joined, so the Get Ready-era lineup was, in some ways, a return to its roots.
thanks 1 user thanked Fractured for this useful post.
ZASmusic  
#32 Posted : 12 August 2015 18:09:39(UTC)
ZASmusic

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fractured Go to Quoted Post

The issue is whether or not all parties are acting within the law and fairly within the terms to which they agreed.

Also, as to Gillian leaving the band, the trio existed before she joined, so the Get Ready-era lineup was, in some ways, a return to its roots.

Gillian played on Get Ready. She didn't participate in the ensuing tour because she had to take care of one of her daughters, who was ill.

In 2008-2009, Hooky saw fit to say nasty things about Gillian in the press (including downplaying her musical role in New Order) while she was battling breast cancer.

Pretty low.

thanks 2 users thanked ZASmusic for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/08/2015(UTC), HeySquirrelPup on 13/08/2015(UTC)
Andy  
#33 Posted : 12 August 2015 21:20:18(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3087 time(s) in 2150 post(s)

Phil was five years old when New Order was formed.

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/08/2015(UTC)
HeySquirrelPup  
#34 Posted : 13 August 2015 13:00:38(UTC)
HeySquirrelPup

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ZASmusic Go to Quoted Post

Gillian played on Get Ready. She didn't participate in the ensuing tour because she had to take care of one of her daughters, who was ill.

In 2008-2009, Hooky saw fit to say nasty things about Gillian in the press (including downplaying her musical role in New Order) while she was battling breast cancer.

Pretty low.

Saying anything about a person taking personal time to deal with cancer, or to have the most thankless job in the world - being a good parent - is horrid.

I would say something pithy about Peter Hook being a dad, but I saw his son Jack playing as part of the current Smashing Pumpkins lineup, and I must say - Jack did an excellent job.
thanks 1 user thanked HeySquirrelPup for this useful post.
blunt laser  
#35 Posted : 13 August 2015 13:25:52(UTC)
blunt laser

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 55 post(s)
i've just realised the thing that annoys me the most is him criticising Steve's drums in Restless. What the fuck does he know!!? I happen to think they're Steve's best drums for a while, probably because this time he had more control over it. Also he didn't have Hooky in the background "ooh they're a bit jazzy steve.."
thanks 3 users thanked blunt laser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 13/08/2015(UTC), tarbox23 on 14/08/2015(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 18/08/2015(UTC)
is it bro  
#36 Posted : 13 August 2015 13:30:43(UTC)
is it bro

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post

Wasn't Phil on the 91 electronic tour? That would make him 15 by your dates.
thanks 1 user thanked is it bro for this useful post.
Andy  
#37 Posted : 13 August 2015 17:21:45(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3087 time(s) in 2150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: is it bro Go to Quoted Post

I'm not the one suggesting Phil toured with Electronic two years before Marion formed...
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ZASmusic  
#38 Posted : 13 August 2015 17:58:41(UTC)
ZASmusic

Originally Posted by: is it bro Go to Quoted Post

I'm not the one suggesting Phil toured with Electronic two years before Marion formed...

Phil played with Electronic in 1998 I believe. He was referred by Johnny Marr.

thanks 1 user thanked ZASmusic for this useful post.
Johnny James  
#39 Posted : 14 August 2015 00:13:38(UTC)
Johnny James

Was thanked: 967 time(s) in 440 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked Johnny James for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 14/08/2015(UTC)
Coops  
#40 Posted : 14 August 2015 01:42:02(UTC)
Coops

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Linus Solanki Go to Quoted Post
I wished they didn't fight or argue about everything, it makes me so sad, they made so much good music together and wished that they continued doing this. All of this fighting ruins it especially with the release of the new album coming out.

This.

I mean, fair enough that Hooky has a legal beef with the rest of the band, it's not for me to judge that, but why can't he just crack on with it without all this? There is literally no benefit for him to keep venting like this. None at all. He's getting really good attendance for his retro nights, whatever some people on here may think about them, so why keep being the poked bear?
thanks 1 user thanked Coops for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 14/08/2015(UTC)
ZASmusic  
#41 Posted : 14 August 2015 09:31:46(UTC)
ZASmusic

Originally Posted by: Johnny James Go to Quoted Post

Really like the jacket that Bernard is wearing in this performance. They sound good..though Electronic becoming a Brit-pop band never felt right to me.

thanks 1 user thanked ZASmusic for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 16/08/2015(UTC)
Mecha-Rigsby  
#42 Posted : 14 August 2015 10:54:58(UTC)
Mecha-Rigsby

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Jesus Christ, it's beyond embarrassing now. Does he not have a publicist? Or someone to tell him not to keep coming out with this stuff?

Every time he cracks his hilarious 'New Odour' gag...yet again, drone on about the Hacienda...yet again and tell the anecdote...yet again...about how he lost money on every 12" blah blah. He's in danger of overtaking Paul McCartney with his 'Yesterday' anecdote with the scrambled eggs.

He unilaterally decided to split New Order up mistakenly thinking he was the the main attraction. Turns out he overplayed his hand.

It will be interesting to see what Hooky does once his JD/NO tribute band hits the 'Republic' era. Having slagged everything post Technique off, I assume Hooky will do the decent thing and put it to bed. And STFU. Maybe start touring the Freebass back catalogue.
thanks 1 user thanked Mecha-Rigsby for this useful post.
Mr Discography  
#43 Posted : 14 August 2015 13:58:04(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Was thanked: 627 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Quote:
PS Why the Freebass hatred? The EP was awful but the album was fine for me - on a par with Monaco 2 and far better than the laughable One True Passion.
PPS Melanie C.

I'm a m a s s i v e New Order fan, and a regular visitor to this forum, but honestly had no idea Freebass even had a single release, let alone got as far as releasing a whole album. Honestly news to me. Was any of it actually any cop?

Edited by user 14 August 2015 13:59:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#44 Posted : 15 August 2015 01:49:48(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
I'm normally the first to whinge about NO and Hooky in particular, but I enjoyed the Freebass album - urinates over the throwaway One True Passion and the massively overrated Other Two (2 albums in 24 years and they're both shit). The EP was an embarrassment though.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Nick King  
#45 Posted : 16 August 2015 11:44:54(UTC)
Nick King

Man

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Loved the Freebass EP (at least the tracks featuring Tim Burgess and Pete Wylie on vocals), but wasn't that keen on the Freebass album. I guess if you like the guy singing (Gary Briggs, the Haven vocalist), then it *may* be alright, but even the instrumentals (included with the 2xCD version) didn't set my world on fire...

Just one person's opinion, mind (others like it), but I'd try and listen to some of the songs on YouTube first... Smile

Cool

Edited by user 16 August 2015 11:46:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Nick King for this useful post.
CTB  
#46 Posted : 16 August 2015 15:56:09(UTC)
CTB

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Freebass stuff - almost all of it, except 'You don't know about me' - is dire. Easily the weakest of all the side project material; even worse than Revenge, which was a low ebb until Freebass came out. Uninspiringly dull, and that's guy's high, wavering voice really irritates after 2 or three songs.
thanks 1 user thanked CTB for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/08/2015(UTC)
Ryan  
#47 Posted : 16 August 2015 19:37:58(UTC)
Ryan

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 25 post(s)
What a right cunt he is being. Jesus!
"Watching love grow, forever. Letting me know, forever."
thanks 2 users thanked Ryan for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/08/2015(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 18/08/2015(UTC)
Stoo  
#48 Posted : 17 August 2015 09:39:16(UTC)
Stoo

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I would love to see his face when he's checking out the chart positions. God let it be No1!!

Hooky, I've bought the deluxe box set and me and the wife have got tickets for Glasgow, Couldn't be happier. You won't be getting another penny out me.
thanks 1 user thanked Stoo for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/08/2015(UTC)
poisoned snickers 2015  
#49 Posted : 17 August 2015 23:27:09(UTC)
poisoned snickers 2015

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 53 post(s)
I know this is a bit uncalled-for...and Hookys an okay guy, sometimes.....but I cant resist...Big Grin

Apologies to Mr. Merton.

http://dropshots.com/see...date/2015-08-18/03:17:48

Edited by user 17 August 2015 23:28:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

what a tutti frutti world of colours!!!
thanks 2 users thanked poisoned snickers 2015 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 17/08/2015(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 18/08/2015(UTC)
JG  
#50 Posted : 18 August 2015 22:59:06(UTC)
JG

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 289 post(s)
One thing the imminent release of Music Complete has brought into sharp focus is that New Order have a future, while Hooky doesn't.

I suspect this loud and clear reminder of his irrelevance is sending his envy-gland into overdrive.
thanks 2 users thanked JG for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 19/08/2015(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 19/08/2015(UTC)