logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rompler  
#1 Posted : 18 October 2012 20:12:31(UTC)
rompler

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If anyone is going to flog peter hook for his painfully forced karaoke sessions, we need to be mindful of how AWFULLY PATHETIC these joy division encores have been. Let joy division's music exist as it is. ian curtis died when he was 23 fucking years old. he doesn''t need a fucking senior citizen leading cheers at some shitty concert venue in 2012. have some fucking respect for your former bandmate. fuck peter hook and his shitty cash ins. and fuck these godawful encores - new order has enough of a goddamned pedigree to put together an exceptional set of music. the images of ian curtis during the encore make all of this embarrassing. About as embarrassing as Bernard's woops and screams while attempting to scream the lyrics....just fucking sing for chrissakes, your screams are fucking grating - like an old man forced into a too hot shower. I am embarrassed to be a new order fan - not only by the old sacks of shit in the audience with porous bladders who kept rushing to/from the potty, but that fucking awful, poorly executed imagery that savaged the memory of a 23 year old soul that needs to rest in peace. give it a fucking rest. for christs fucking sake give it a goddamned rest.

p.s. anton corbijns video for atmosphere FUCKING BLOWS. enjoy the silence - great video. atmosphere - it fucking sucks.

Edited by user 18 October 2012 20:14:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked rompler for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Andy  
#2 Posted : 18 October 2012 21:18:00(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
Sounds like incontinence was the highlight.
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Coops  
#3 Posted : 19 October 2012 03:14:40(UTC)
Coops

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 456 post(s)
rompler wrote:
If anyone is going to flog peter hook for his painfully forced karaoke sessions, we need to be mindful of how AWFULLY PATHETIC these joy division encores have been. Let joy division's music exist as it is. ian curtis died when he was 23 fucking years old. he doesn''t need a fucking senior citizen leading cheers at some shitty concert venue in 2012. have some fucking respect for your former bandmate. fuck peter hook and his shitty cash ins. and fuck these godawful encores - new order has enough of a goddamned pedigree to put together an exceptional set of music. the images of ian curtis during the encore make all of this embarrassing. About as embarrassing as Bernard's woops and screams while attempting to scream the lyrics....just fucking sing for chrissakes, your screams are fucking grating - like an old man forced into a too hot shower. I am embarrassed to be a new order fan - not only by the old sacks of shit in the audience with porous bladders who kept rushing to/from the potty, but that fucking awful, poorly executed imagery that savaged the memory of a 23 year old soul that needs to rest in peace. give it a fucking rest. for christs fucking sake give it a goddamned rest.

Go home early next time.
thanks 6 users thanked Coops for this useful post.
Eimi on 19/10/2012(UTC), 79order on 19/10/2012(UTC), El Jarvo on 19/10/2012(UTC), NotAMod on 19/10/2012(UTC), Biginoil on 19/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2012(UTC)
El Jarvo  
#4 Posted : 19 October 2012 04:44:56(UTC)
El Jarvo

Was thanked: 443 time(s) in 313 post(s)
rompler wrote:
If anyone is going to flog peter hook for his painfully forced karaoke sessions, we need to be mindful of how AWFULLY PATHETIC these joy division encores have been.

You're lucky they didn't play Isolation early doors with the 'doo-doo-de-doo-doo-de-doo-de-doo' bit at the end.

You could've gone home after six songs then.

Just keep remembering, Ian Curtis died for you.
thanks 2 users thanked El Jarvo for this useful post.
bloodynora on 19/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2012(UTC)
Bill  
#5 Posted : 19 October 2012 06:05:38(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
El Jarvo wrote:
rompler wrote:
If anyone is going to flog peter hook for his painfully forced karaoke sessions, we need to be mindful of how AWFULLY PATHETIC these joy division encores have been.

You're lucky they didn't play Isolation early doors with the 'doo-doo-de-doo-doo-de-doo-de-doo' bit at the end.

You could've gone home after six songs then.

Just keep remembering, Ian Curtis died for you.

Yeah, ha! "That man died for you, he saw the madness in your area" Wasn't that Dave McCullough in Sounds?

Yeah all that doo-doo-de-doo-doo-de-doo-de-doo in Isolation recently... no no no

Was flicking through Curtis' unreleased lyrics/writings in Touching From A Distance again the other night,amazing stuff.Brilliant, impenetrable but brilliant.
thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
Biginoil  
#6 Posted : 19 October 2012 06:23:44(UTC)
Biginoil

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 148 post(s)
The JD encores have gone down really well.

The band and most of the fans will be devastated to hear that they're not allowed any more.

Ner ner ner ner ner
thanks 2 users thanked Biginoil for this useful post.
NotAMod on 19/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2012(UTC)
Pyrtwist  
#7 Posted : 19 October 2012 06:48:09(UTC)
Pyrtwist

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 413 post(s)
Although I'd rather hear more NO tracks I understand the JD encores. They've taken those songs and turned them into anthems liberating them from the sad twisted angst ridden depths to something we all can stand up to raise a fist with our nonbeer holding hand and sing along with Bernard. He never could sing live especially after a dozen or so so.gs but they are doing their best to honor Ian and bring us Ian in the only way they know how.
thanks 1 user thanked Pyrtwist for this useful post.
Housey  
#8 Posted : 19 October 2012 10:01:32(UTC)
Housey

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 65 post(s)
I'm not one of the people who weeps at the giant projections of Ian Curtis, but I get it. 1) People at the shows clearly want to hear these songs; 2) it's a way to honor their friend; 3) it's a way to not let Peter Hook be the sole owner of the JD legacy.
thanks 3 users thanked Housey for this useful post.
Andy on 19/10/2012(UTC), bloodynora on 19/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2012(UTC)
Biginoil  
#9 Posted : 19 October 2012 10:27:35(UTC)
Biginoil

I feel sure that 3 is the most relevant there, Housey. Stealing a bit of the Other One's thunder must be part of the reason for raising the profile of the JD element in the set.

At the end of the day, these JD encores are going down well. Apart from Blue Monday, the biggest cheer of the night was for the encore. People like to hear the hits, and feel like they're part of something special and New Order are doing that brilliantly at the moment.

You have to remember that not everyone in the audience will be a time-served fan with strong opinions about the setlist. A 45 minute set of obscure album tracks would disappoint most people in the room. It's about bums on seats, not the opinion of a few bums.

Ner ner ner ner ner
thanks 1 user thanked Biginoil for this useful post.
Bill  
#10 Posted : 19 October 2012 10:45:40(UTC)
Bill

Man

Curtis saw the madness in your area, Col.
Biginoil  
#11 Posted : 19 October 2012 10:49:34(UTC)
Biginoil

Don't be discutisous

Ner ner ner ner ner
thanks 1 user thanked Biginoil for this useful post.
Bill  
#12 Posted : 19 October 2012 11:00:44(UTC)
Bill

Man

No French!!No
Jcp7  
#13 Posted : 19 October 2012 13:56:07(UTC)
Jcp7

Man

Was thanked: 644 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Thanks But No Thanks wrote:
No French!!No

Where did you read some french in this topic?

En ce qui me concerne, je parle français où je veux et quand je veux! capito?

Edited by user 19 October 2012 14:19:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Jcp7 for this useful post.
Bill  
#14 Posted : 19 October 2012 14:24:05(UTC)
Bill

Man

Originally Posted by: Hé Go to Quoted Post
No French!!No

Er, i was joking. It's a sort of a thing i say "No French!" when someone says some word that i don't understand.

yer know, a bit of the Alan Partridge school of thinking

Edited by user 19 October 2012 14:30:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

World Domination: Complete  
#15 Posted : 19 October 2012 22:06:07(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)
rompler wrote:

p.s. anton corbijns video for atmosphere FUCKING BLOWS. enjoy the silence - great video. atmosphere - it fucking sucks.

That's a bit harsh !
Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 2 users thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
Pyrtwist on 20/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2012(UTC)
68Pontiac  
#16 Posted : 20 October 2012 08:39:08(UTC)
68Pontiac

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
While I agree I would prefer to hear more NO at an NO concert and the JD songs chosen are kinda the ones I'm completely tired of... I don't see why the anger... they're playing a "greatest hits" tour, and last I checked there are more band members to JD than just Ian... not understanding that because one band member offs himself, the music has to die with him... they are just as much a part of the music as Ian was...
So to the original poster... Fuck off!
thanks 1 user thanked 68Pontiac for this useful post.
#17 Posted : 21 October 2012 01:45:15(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

rompler wrote:

Got out the wrong side of bed?
thanks 1 user thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
markreed  
#18 Posted : 21 October 2012 06:13:29(UTC)
markreed

Was thanked: 353 time(s) in 229 post(s)
The problem is..

New Order aren't playing for those of us who saw them in the Squatney Fleapit in 1978. They're playing for the audience that comes to see them in 2012 - from 20 year old converts to 60 year olds.

I found the "Lets Play JD" sets of 1998-2006 a bit embarassing with the constant reliance on playing about 15 JD songs with any regularity. the NO catalogue is good enough on its own. At least, now, the JD songs are almost always in the encores. So, for me, have a great time watching New Order play New Order songs, then to the back for the JD encore (which feels to me a little like watching Ray Manzarek sing The Doors). LWTUA etc, great songs, but I'd like to see NO live where they don't play LWTUApart.
thanks 2 users thanked markreed for this useful post.
Biginoil on 22/10/2012(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2012(UTC)
#19 Posted : 21 October 2012 07:57:50(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

markreed wrote:
The problem is..

New Order aren't playing for those of us who saw them in the Squatney Fleapit in 1978. They're playing for the audience that comes to see them in 2012 - from 20 year old converts to 60 year olds.

I found the "Lets Play JD" sets of 1998-2006 a bit embarassing with the constant reliance on playing about 15 JD songs with any regularity. the NO catalogue is good enough on its own. At least, now, the JD songs are almost always in the encores. So, for me, have a great time watching New Order play New Order songs, then to the back for the JD encore (which feels to me a little like watching Ray Manzarek sing The Doors). LWTUA etc, great songs, but I'd like to see NO live where they don't play LWTUApart.

For your information New Order did not exist in 1978 !
markreed  
#20 Posted : 21 October 2012 09:47:20(UTC)
markreed

Was thanked: 353 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Oh, it was a New Order covers band called Joy Division then, wasn't it?
thanks 1 user thanked markreed for this useful post.
#21 Posted : 09 November 2012 06:01:25(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

markreed wrote:

Turn out the LIGHT
ROCKET MICK on 09/11/2012(UTC)
Big Mouth Julio  
#22 Posted : 11 November 2012 12:45:01(UTC)
Big Mouth Julio

Man

Was thanked: 346 time(s) in 318 post(s)
rompler wrote:

It's been ages since I read such stupid thing Dead
Finsbury Park 2002
Brasilia 2006
Sao Paulo 2006 1st Night
Sao Paulo 2006 2nd Night
Sao Paulo 2011
Lima 2013
Bogota 2013
thanks 1 user thanked Big Mouth Julio for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 12/11/2012(UTC)
Big Mouth Julio  
#23 Posted : 11 November 2012 12:46:42(UTC)
Big Mouth Julio

Man

Digi Mike wrote:
markreed wrote:

Turn out the LIGHT

Turn the Salford fat down! Tongue
Finsbury Park 2002
Brasilia 2006
Sao Paulo 2006 1st Night
Sao Paulo 2006 2nd Night
Sao Paulo 2011
Lima 2013
Bogota 2013
ROCKET MICK on 12/11/2012(UTC)
#24 Posted : 01 March 2013 15:14:15(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
They're great songs that deserve to be heard in 2012 and beyond.

I never saw Joy Division live so when I saw LWTUA, Isolation and Atmosphere being played live last year, albeit by an ageing/different NO, it was pretty special.
thanks 1 user thanked 1980 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/03/2013(UTC)
Big Mouth Julio  
#25 Posted : 01 March 2013 17:32:35(UTC)
Big Mouth Julio

Man

Thanks again wrote:
Originally Posted by: Hé Go to Quoted Post
No French!!No

Er, i was joking. It's a sort of a thing i say "No French!" when someone says some word that i don't understand.

yer know, a bit of the Alan Partridge school of thinking

Nah! This guy is Anthony Wilson, Granada's TV Presenter! Clown
Finsbury Park 2002
Brasilia 2006
Sao Paulo 2006 1st Night
Sao Paulo 2006 2nd Night
Sao Paulo 2011
Lima 2013
Bogota 2013
ROCKET MICK on 03/03/2013(UTC)