logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UpDownTurnAround  
#26 Posted : 27 November 2012 23:12:47(UTC)
UpDownTurnAround

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 132 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Franç Go to Quoted Post
Nothing in Paris? Oh well. Frown

Nothing in nz or Aussie either, despite assurances that those dates would be rearranged soon as...

Although I don't think I'd go now as seeing hooky playing movement and pcl whilst stopping new order from releasing new stuff makes me feel a little bleargh!

Edited by user 27 November 2012 23:13:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked UpDownTurnAround for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/11/2012(UTC)
79order  
#27 Posted : 28 November 2012 07:05:20(UTC)
79order

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
For me Decades has been one of the live highlights, Hooky couldt play it in Pompey due to time restrictions , much was the shame.He has changed the structure of the songs.fair play they may well have evolved that way,anyway .

I could only stare in disbelief

thanks 1 user thanked 79order for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/11/2012(UTC)
Factor  
#28 Posted : 28 November 2012 18:20:44(UTC)
Factor

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Could anyone please help? I am trying to obtain the new HOOKY shirt with the # 9 on the back that is being sold at the current gigs. I am in the US and would be most appreciative if someone can get one to me before Christmas. Can paypal the money, please let me know cheers!!!!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Factor for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 29/11/2012(UTC)
LWTUA_91  
#29 Posted : 29 November 2012 20:41:20(UTC)
LWTUA_91

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
UpDownTurnAround wrote:

Nothing in nz or Aussie either, despite assurances that those dates would be rearranged soon as...

Although I don't think I'd go now as seeing hooky playing movement and pcl whilst stopping new order from releasing new stuff makes me feel a little bleargh!

I'm going to the London show out of curiosity although it really isn't far for me. I thought nothing of going up to Manchester to see one of the 'Closer' shows last year but wouldn't make the same effort to see Hooky playing New Order stuff.

My opinion of him playing the albums is the same as Roger Waters playing Pink Floyd albums live - they're his songs as much the other members. Although I agree he is being very childish and can't agree with his actions towards the current New Order.

I wonder how long him touring New Order albums will last. I mean is there a huge demand for it? A few shows yes but the same level as touring as 'Unknown Pleasures'? I think the Joy Division material worked as no other member of JD/NO was out there doing sets of the material. Also, I think there was a demand for it, especially amongst younger fans such as myself. However, with the New Order material you have 3/4 of the classic lineup playing the songs already so if you have a choice of seeing 3/4 of the classic lineup vs 1/4 it seems as though most people would gravitate towards the former.
thanks 1 user thanked LWTUA_91 for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2012(UTC)
World Domination: Complete  
#30 Posted : 30 November 2012 04:23:25(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)
LWTUA_91 wrote:
UpDownTurnAround wrote:

I'm going to the London show out of curiosity although it really isn't far for me. I thought nothing of going up to Manchester to see one of the 'Closer' shows last year but wouldn't make the same effort to see Hooky playing New Order stuff.

My opinion of him playing the albums is the same as Roger Waters playing Pink Floyd albums live - they're his songs as much the other members. Although I agree he is being very childish and can't agree with his actions towards the current New Order.

I wonder how long him touring New Order albums will last. I mean is there a huge demand for it? A few shows yes but the same level as touring as 'Unknown Pleasures'? I think the Joy Division material worked as no other member of JD/NO was out there doing sets of the material. Also, I think there was a demand for it, especially amongst younger fans such as myself. However, with the New Order material you have 3/4 of the classic lineup playing the songs already so if you have a choice of seeing 3/4 of the classic lineup vs 1/4 it seems as though most people would gravitate towards the former.

Please don't slag Peter Hook off - you are not allowed an opinion
Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 3 users thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/11/2012(UTC), JG on 30/11/2012(UTC), 79order on 30/11/2012(UTC)